Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1786

Thread: The yankee mass shootings thread

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I don't think my point was entirely bike lock idiot vs car idiot (straw men was it earlier?). But what about car idiot vs baseball shooter?
    In what sense are we comparing them? They're both bad but one is worse than the other on kill count alone before we get into the ethics of everything else.

Your point was that both sides equally influence nutters to do bad things. It's just not true and the Republicans have been stoking these nutters for the most of the 8 years Donald was in power and now nothings changed even though they've got all the power, so they're going mental and sending bombs to people and shooting up 'the goyim'. The shooter is posting on Gab about this synagogue working with a refugee service an hour before unloading an AR-15 into some retirees.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shooter could have taken plenty out had the police not stopped him. Would he have been worse then?

My actual point was that Trump didn't come out of a clear blue sky (so to speak), and that to cast him as the reason political rhetoric is mental over there is a pretty selective version of recent history, and largely peddled by people who want to absolve themselves of any blame for creating the current 'divisive' climate. I haven't said conservatives/Republicans haven't contributed to it (hence 'both sides'), but your posts have put it all on one side whilst, ironically, using the sort of rhetoric in question. Proving my point, in other words.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The shooter could have taken plenty out had the police not stopped him. Would he have been worse then?

My actual point was that Trump didn't come out of a clear blue sky (so to speak), and that to cast him as the reason political rhetoric is mental over there is a pretty selective version of recent history, and largely peddled by people who want to absolve themselves of any blame for creating the climate. I haven't said conservatives/Republicans haven't contributed to it (hence 'both sides'), but your posts have put it all on one side whilst, ironically, using the sort of rhetoric in question. Proving my point, in other words.
    Trump is a symptom, not the disease. There's a reason I've said GOP every time and ascribed to all these people GOP leadership positions. I actually did mention a Democrat (Franken) and said he should have stepped down. I hate vast swathes of the DNC but that's because they're incompetent, annoying technocrats rather than stoking social anxiety to get people to vote for them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latent discontent is not the same as active discontent. The seeds of hatred/stupidity/racism can be there forever, but if you're the one that goes and happily sows them, you're to blame.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're both doing it again. You are casting Democratic figures as merely crap - but ultimately well-meaning - politicians, and you mentioned Al Franken in a post which culminated in you stating 'The GOP are literal monsters and need to be wiped out'. But then you're just a forum poster, so, whilst you might have demonstrated that the rhetoric is equally stupid on both sides, it actually comes down to power imbalances. Fine. Was Biden not 'happily sowing' latent discontent with his slavery claims? What about turning 'binders full of women', something said as part of an answer about his personal attempts at improving female representation at senior management level, into a sexist meme? Then you've got voters 'cling[ing] to their guns or religion', and belonging in the 'basket of deplorables'. What on earth could have stoked all of this conservative hostility and incivility?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Has Alan Greenspan cleverly altered his name to get round some sort of screening?
    No, he just retired in 2006 or so. Only about a decade prior to 2018’s increase in anti-Semitic hate crime of 57%.

But bravo on knowing a whole two Jews.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basket of deplorables was obviously a stupid comment. The problem is when you have someone making those exact same types of comments, all the time, not apologizing and in fact priding themselves in what they’re saying. Hillary with the basket comment in a situation that she thought wouldn’t be heard by anyone, who then tried her best to walk it back and apologize for it, is so many levels of magnitude apart from Trump making similar comments all day every day, loving it, and using their impact to drive a wedge between people. It’s unbelievable that you would compare the two and the impact they have had.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think at this point, yes, national Republican figures have cast their lot in with the mainstream Fox/Trump/Breotbart cabal and they’re all complicit. They might not be fundamentally less empathetic or reasonable as people, but does that matter at all?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    No, he just retired in 2006 or so. Only about a decade prior to 2018’s increase in anti-Semitic hate crime of 57%.

But bravo on knowing a whole two Jews.
    He's talking about the treasurer Alan Greenspan listed as approving the above mailer about the greedy Jew.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Basket of deplorables was obviously a stupid comment. The problem is when you have someone making those exact same types of comments, all the time, not apologizing and in fact priding themselves in what they’re saying. Hillary with the basket comment in a situation that she thought wouldn’t be heard by anyone, who then tried her best to walk it back and apologize for it, is so many levels of magnitude apart from Trump making similar comments all day every day, loving it, and using their impact to drive a wedge between people. It’s unbelievable that you would compare the two and the impact they have had.
    I'm comparing the rhetoric of both sides, made up as they are by lots of different people of different status, not two individuals. Her recent comments on civility are a better and more revealing example anyway.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one. California. 12 dead.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I await the "‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens" article.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The deadliest shooting in America since the Parkland Shooting in February
    The state of this sentence.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 9 months of solid non shooting.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were 4 mass shootings between this one and the nazi at the synagogue... last week?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    That's 9 months of solid non shooting.
    Not necessarily, they might just have been missing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    There were 4 mass shootings between this one and the nazi at the synagogue... last week?
    Yeah but not as mass as the other one so basically a regular homicide.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why you can't have small exceptions to the 2nd Ammendment.

"Every American has a right to bear arms unless they're convicted of a firearm offence or have a history of mental illness." Piss easy starter.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sandy Hook and Columbine weren't enough to convince the public that widespread changes are needed, then nothing will be.

There's some hillbilly cunts out there that would be supporting the rights of a murderer whilst cleaning their first borns brains off the wall. The country is done.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not really widespread, though. Just cut mentalists and gang-bangers dumb enough to fire out of the market with a single sentence.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not widespread? Mate.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's a couple mass murders per week? Do you know how many people trip in their on shower every day?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    If Sandy Hook and Columbine weren't enough to convince the public that widespread changes are needed, then nothing will be.

There's some hillbilly cunts out there that would be supporting the rights of a murderer whilst cleaning their first borns brains off the wall. The country is done.
    I read an article which claimed that Sandy Hook was America's line in the sand. If that wasn't enough to change things, nothing will be.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody's given Mount Rushmore any bulletholes. Someone could give that a go.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another.

4 dead at a shooting at Mercy Hospital, Chicago.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only the ambulances had guns on them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a domestic so it barely counts.

On the subject of gun control and whatnot, I re-watched Taxi Driver the other night for the first time in ages and thought it was quaint how, when he wanted some weaponry, a guy 'who could get things' was required and dealings were conducted out of a suitcase in a motel room. I can't imagine there being any such need for that these days. I have no idea how accurate to the time that depiction is but it made me wonder if, and to what extent, the ubiquity of gun access is an entirely modern thing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy who can get things is now Brad down at the Walmart who earns a pittance but can sell you a fully automatic machine gun.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see the one the other day in (I think) Chicago?

Some drunk starts firing shots into a bar, an armed security guard shoots him and injures him to stop him shooting. Cops turn up late and because the security guard is black they shoot him dead.

edit: https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...guard-illinois

Yeah it was Chicago

In the early hours of November 11, 26-year-old Jemel Roberson was working security at a bar in the Chicago suburbs when a shooting broke out. Shortly after Roberson subdued the suspect at gunpoint, police arrived — and fatally shot the armed security guard as he pinned the suspect to the ground.

Roberson was working at Manny’s Blue Room Bar, in Robbins, Illinois, when security personnel asked a group of men to leave following an argument. Soon after, at least one man returned to the bar and began shooting, injuring some of the people in the bar. Security returned fire and Roberson detained the man.

Roberson “had somebody on the ground with his knee in back, with his gun in his back, like, ‘Don’t move,’” witness Adam Harris told local news outlet WGN.

When officers from the Robbins and Midlothian police departments arrived, one officer opened fire, killing Roberson. According to witness statements given to local outlets, the officer fired even as witnesses told them to stop. “Everybody was screaming out, ‘Security!’ He was a security guard,” Harris said.

“They still did their job, and saw a black man with a gun, and basically killed him,” he added.
    So much for being the good guy with the gun.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that happened over here it would be a 20 year public inquiry (the Stephen Lawrence one is still dribbling on). Over there, all in a day's work.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    If that happened over here it would be a 20 year public inquiry (the Stephen Lawrence one is still dribbling on). Over there, all in a day's work.
    He'll get a few months paid holiday for it and then be back on the streets. Mental.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll get a GoFundMe going and his supporters will donate millions to him.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest, unless they haven't got a description of the shooter, they're walking into a nightmare.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially when they see a black man...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Did you see the one the other day in (I think) Chicago?

Some drunk starts firing shots into a bar, an armed security guard shoots him and injures him to stop him shooting. Cops turn up late and because the security guard is black they shoot him dead.

edit: https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...guard-illinois

Yeah it was Chicago

So much for being the good guy with the gun.
    Think that’s the guy Kanye has been donating to. Well, his family.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alabama,

Someone's started shooting at people after an argument during a Black Friday sale. Police have shot the 21 year old man on sight, luckily only a couple of people (including a 12 year old girl) injured.

Ah wait, turns out they shot someone who had nothing to do with it and the actual person got away in the commotion. Can you guess the race of the guy who died was.

Toggle Spoiler

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are popping off at a garlic festival of all places. Maybe a vampire standing his ground.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a fucking garlic festival?

Can't wait to hear what that cretin's motivations were.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it's some Garlic Committee Politics.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We know from Homer's Chilli festival how crazy these things can get.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Johnny Cash told me to find my soulmate one bullet at a time."

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s named after a guy called Gilroy Garlic rather than being dedicated to Gilroys garlic collection.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gilroy is a nice little town, but it reeks of garlic year round and it takes a full hour after passing by it on the freeway for the smell to leave your car. If this is the shooter’s motivation then I understand.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you expect to be a policeman when a dog spooks you into that?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all laughed at the bit in The Wire about Bunk shooting a mouse but once again that show had it right. Appalling trigger discipline, do they even train these people before they get let loose on the public?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the dog had a gun this would never have happened.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They already arm the bears, will no-one think of the dogs?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That man must have had the worst training and testing of said training in the history of all employment.