Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1786

Thread: The yankee mass shootings thread

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    You've had a lot of getting that out of your system in fairness.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the dead was 97.

Imagine being born in the Great Depression and witnessing Hitler's rise to power and defeat, only to be murdered 70 years later by Nazi cunt.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holocaust survivor apparently.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Pence has a “Jewish” ceremony to honor the victims at a Conservative / Reconstructionist synagogue and they choose this guy:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c47578...peaks-michigan

These fucking people.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about the ongoing narrative seeking to blame Trump's bombastic divisiveness for mass shootings and idiots sending suspect packages in the post. I'm pretty sure those things pre-date him.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Chapo has a great take on these killings.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not responsible in a direct way for any one attack. It is more like the effect of climate change and the hurricane / wildfire seasons here. They are more frequent and stronger.

But just perhaps, after the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in our countries history, don’t have the Jews for Jesus people lead a prayer the dead that rejects all Jewish tradition. It is like having a gay conversion therapy moron leading the prayer after a gay nightclub is shot up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how Trump is 'divisive' except insofar as he gives it back to people, which makes him a symptom as much as a cause of any of it. The bollocks around the judge being one recent example (see also: Hillary Clinton's recent comments on civility as some of the all-time great self-awareness). Didn't that baseball shooter belong to a load of 'resistance' groups? I don't recall any of his opponents being blamed for that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don’t understand the American voting polity at all if you don’t think Trump is dangerously divisive.

Hillary is fairly civil. Again, not sure what you’re grasping at there.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC he was a Bernie Sanders voter, I have no idea what these 'resistance' groups you're talking about are, but I'm not sure I remember Bernie Sanders saying he would pay the legal fees of anyone who beat up protestors at his rally.

Lewis, just an FYI, trying the 'both sides' shit is pathetic.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyone in modern [American] politics who isn't divisive?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is either obtuse or not exposed to our campaigns. Only one side has a policy campaign this election.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the side you're on?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Lots. There are still lots of normal campaigns out there. I was up in Portland last week and it is a normal campaign. Democrats on education and healthcare; Republicans on whether Democrats care too much about Portland at the expense of the rest of the state.

The most popular politicians in the country are Republican governors in exceedingly liberal New England.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's got to be a line drawn on divisiveness somewhere between:

"My opponent is in the pockets of special interests"

and

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't rents in San Francisco among the highest on the planet anyway?

And isn't the thing you are describing, without knowing anything other than the way you have described it, something which would increase 'rent-control' (which I assume to be capped cost/under market value business)?
    This is the current mailer for a GOP guy in a STATE SENATE (note: important but not, I gotta go all out important) race in Conneticut.

Really?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those images massive for other people? If so shoot me a message and I'll delete.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first one is yuge but my browser shapes them to fit so idk if it's actually any trouble

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is both sides when a significant amount of people (influential ones as well) spend their days claiming that the[ir] President is a Russian agent, that the Republican Party hates women (see: all of that judge bollocks), or isn't arsed about shootings, or a million other things. For every 'Proud Boys' idiot there is an 'anti-fascist' idiot. The difference is that in Donald Trump there is a central figure to pin it on, where as the opposition merely has a thousand verified Twitter dickheads spreading it around.

As for George Soros, aside from the Jewish angle - which is something of an eternal crank issue, and not really a left/right thing - what does he get that Rupert Murdoch or the Koch brothers have never had said about them?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Alan Greenspan cleverly altered his name to get round some sort of screening?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh? I guess maybe the Jew stuff is important and the distinction?

Mostly he gets this from the last couple of weeks:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6kc5Sjxr32Y&t=3m25s

And this from a decade ago:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-cHmo85_LA

And all supported on a nightly basis for a decade on one of the most popular news channels. If nothing else, it makes him easier to find for the conspiracy nuts.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It is both sides when a significant amount of people (influential ones as well) spend their days claiming that the[ir] President is a Russian agent, that the Republican Party hates women (see: all of that judge bollocks), or isn't arsed about shootings, or a million other things. For every 'Proud Boys' idiot there is an 'anti-fascist' idiot. The difference is that in Donald Trump there is a central figure to pin it on, where as the opposition merely has a thousand verified Twitter dickheads spreading it around.

As for George Soros, aside from the Jewish angle - which is something of an eternal crank issue, and not really a left/right thing - what does he get that Rupert Murdoch or the Koch brothers have never had said about them?
    The President of the United States and de facto GOP leader literally said 'Russia, if you're listening, hack Hilary's emails', and there were then hundreds of attacks registered. 14 GRU agents have been indited for hacking the DNC.

The Republican party do quite literally hate women. The Vice President of the United States and de facto GOP deputy, will not be alone in a room with a woman that isn't his wife.

In Charlottesville there were 50 heavily armed Pro-Confederate protestors and approximately 1000 counter protestors. Out of the 40 or so injured, 38 were counter protestors, most of them injured when 1 of the 50 nutters drove their car into a crowd of people killing someone. (warning graphic)

Can you name a time someone was murdered by 'antifa' (I can't believe we're actually referring to antifa like it's an official group with membership and shit) in America?

The final step of joining the Proud Boys is literally 'Get in a major fight that supports the cause'. I'm not sure how you talk around that one. I could go on and on.

These aren't equivalencies. You can't have some 300 lb guy on one side of the see-saw and a 50 lb child on the other and think the answer to make everyone get along is to make one side shorter to change the centre of balance. You kick the fat fucker off and tell him to lose some weight or get out of the park.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, and we've reached the point where someone has tried to compare Soros to the Kochs.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I think they are kind of comparable but one is framed as a shady puppet master trying to spread globalist influence and the other is framed as businessmen protecting their own interests (that's when the GOP will acknowledge their existence which they try not to).

They should both be eaten.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're only comparable in the sense that they both have a lot of money. What they do with that money is obviously very different.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember like 3 months ago when Republicans were telling people to vote for a dude that was banned from his local mall for being a creepy paedo as voting for a Democrat would turn Arizona into Venezuela and we were treated to this kind of mouth-breathing moron? I do.

Al Franken was forced to resign by his own party for an inappropriate picture (and rightly so).

Eric Greitens had an affair, tied up his partner in a bondage session and took photos of her without her knowing and when they broke up threatened to release them if she went public. Republicans stood by him until the day the police brought charges against him and at that point, only demanded a resignation rather than firing him.

Both sides though.

This isn't a left/right debate. This is a moral debate. Politically, I haven't even got to what they're doing in North Carolina and the likes where they're removing powers of office when they lose a vote.

The GOP are literal monsters and need to be wiped out.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American politics is about winning, dawg.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Trump lolling about the e-mails make him an actual Russian asset? Because quite a lot of people, many of whom are influential in the 'discourse', believe that (or pretend to believe it for re-tweets and shite). Then those same people shit themselves when he calls the press the 'enemy of the people', because presumably they get to decide who is and isn't working against the interests of the United States, and other people doing so is 'divisive'. 'The Republican party do quite literally hate women'. Because Mike Pence is a religious weirdo? Does that mean every female Republican voter hates women? That was another 'divisive' meme after the election, that conservative white women had deliberately screwed the rest of the sisterhood (sometimes because their menfolk had commanded it). It could just be that these women have a different stance on abortion. No. They hate women, and they put that judge in there specifically to render them second class citizens. As for the street violence. Is attacking people with bike locks and battering people for wearing particular hats okay as long as nobody ends up dead? The Kochs framed as savvy businessmen. Right. I'm also old enough to remember when the entirety of American foreign policy was held to be determined by Halliburton shareholders.

These are equivalencies. It's like the anti-Brexit people going around accusing Boris Johnson of dividing the country whilst their preferred NARRATIVE holds that he only did so by getting half of it to reveal their inner racist thicko.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Bill Clinton was completely ostracised by the entire 'progressive' establishment? I don't.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 80% sure Trump is compromised by things the Russians have on him

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump is 'divisive' in as much as there are millions of mongs out there that just love being outraged at what he says, and there are millions of others who love lolling at the outraged crew. Otherwise, he is just someone who everyone would be better off ignoring.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lewis's drivel reminded me of an organization I read about called "Gays for Bolsonaro", which I thought was hilarious at first until I realized that they're probably completely oblivious to what's going to hit them and will be until it does

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Trump lolling about the e-mails make him an actual Russian asset? Because quite a lot of people, many of whom are influential in the 'discourse', believe that (or pretend to believe it for re-tweets and shite). Then those same people shit themselves when he calls the press the 'enemy of the people', because presumably they get to decide who is and isn't working against the interests of the United States, and other people doing so is 'divisive'.
    You're equivocating the amount of power Donald Trump holds with Louise Mensch.

'The Republican party do quite literally hate women'. Because Mike Pence is a religious weirdo?
    I'm not going to quote literally every piece of Republican policy of the last decade and a half. It's just an example that signals leaderships thoughts. But yes, it does always seem to end up biased against women.

Does that mean every female Republican voter hates women? That was another 'divisive' meme after the election, that conservative white women had deliberately screwed the rest of the sisterhood (sometimes because their menfolk had commanded it). It could just be that these women have a different stance on abortion. No. They hate women, and they put that judge in there specifically to render them second class citizens.
    People vote against their own interests all the time for a whole host of reasons. Whatcha gonna do apart from try educate them? Once again though you're equivocating bloggers with members of the GOP that can vote and dictate said policies.

As for the street violence. Is attacking people with bike locks and battering people for wearing particular hats okay as long as nobody ends up dead?
    Yes there is, that's why there's a difference in sentencing between GBH/ABH and Murder.

The Kochs framed as savvy businessmen. Right. I'm also old enough to remember when the entirety of American foreign policy was held to be determined by Halliburton shareholders.
    Haliburtons stock price doubled between 2001 and 2009 and hasn't moved either way since former Haliburton Chief-Exec Dick Cheney left the White House. Wonder what caused that.

These are equivalencies. It's like the anti-Brexit people going around accusing Boris Johnson of dividing the country whilst their preferred NARRATIVE holds that he only did so by getting half of it to reveal their inner racist thicko.
    I've only talked about America here. That/Brexit etc. is a whole different can of worms.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also worth bearing in mind that the reason nothing stuck/sticks to Trump is that, before they became paragons of anti-Trump virtue and decency, their opponents tried to paint John McCain and Mitt Romney as being every ist-word going. Was it 'divisive' for Joe Biden to tell a black crowd that Romney wanted to put them back in chains (presumably on his day off from torturing his dog)? 'Crooked Hillary' though. You can't go calling people names. You'll destroy the social fabric.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Lewis's drivel reminded me of an organization I read about called "Gays for Bolsonaro", which I thought was hilarious at first until I realized that they're probably completely oblivious to what's going to hit them and will be until it does
    These types of group are largely made up. See 'Blacks for Trump' (no real non astroturfed group is going round calling a group of themselves 'Blacks') which seems to consist of the same guy at every rally always placed in the background or this definitely real and not dark money funded group of 'Women for Kavanaugh'

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also worth bearing in mind that the reason nothing stuck/sticks to Trump is that, before they became paragons of anti-Trump virtue and decency, their opponents tried to paint John McCain and Mitt Romney as being every ist-word going. Was it 'divisive' for Joe Biden to tell a black crowd that Romney wanted to put them back in chains (presumably on his day off from torturing his dog)? 'Crooked Hillary' though. You can't go calling people names. You'll destroy the social fabric.
    Christ this is like going over a shitty version of merts posts. John McCain when asked what his foreign policy was sang 'Bomb Bomb Iran' and still referred to the Vietnamese as 'Gooks' in his final months. He was pro-war in an anti-war election representing the party of the incumbent who everyone hated. He was a racist, it's not why he lost.

Romney was never genuinely framed as a racist, a sexist maybe (which is what caused the binders of women thing) but not a racist.

Bernie Sanders and his supporters are constantly being accused of being racist, sexist white dude bros despite him having an 83% approval rating or something ridiculous. It's what Hilary has done in every election she's ever run. They haven't started trying to blow up Planned Parenthood in response though.

I am totally sick of the people who seem to say everythings about personal responsibility saying 'You telling me wolf whistling at women is rude impacts my free speech so I'm going to vote for the very obviously corrupt racist guy, what else am I supposed to do?'

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact we've gone from 'trying the "both sides" shit is pathetic' to 'okay, it is both sides, but...' suggests that you're not really on top of this.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lewis, in the sense of the discourse, if we were to take this place as an example, do you consider Harold Bishop and me equivalents?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact we've gone from 'trying the "both sides" shit is pathetic' to 'okay, it is both sides, but...' suggests that you're not really on top of this.
    If one side stabs me, rapes me and leaves me for dead and the other side pick pockets me without me noticing. It is indeed pathetic to say 'Both sides'.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had a say in perma-banning Harold, which, according to your own stupid see-saw metaphor, makes you worse (and apparently a stabby rapist).

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cba reading all of this but I don't see why people are engaging with Lewis' both sides nonsense here as if he's doing it in earnest.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had a say in perma-banning Harold, which, according to your own stupid see-saw metaphor, makes you worse (and apparently a stabby rapist).
    Ital led that actually after receving PMs from other posters requesting it. I didn't post for or against in the staff thread and it was put to a public vote that IIRC I didn't vote in.

So your next straw man to knock down or has this board had it's first e-victory in quite some time?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Room 101 it says 'For continual, repeated infractions over an extended duration, with no sign of behavioural change. This was agreed upon by every staff member'. If he's a liar mate then fine.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lewis strikes me as the kind of edgelord who, were he younger and a bit more disaffected, would be right there in the thick of it "owning the libs" online

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Room 101 it says 'For continual, repeated infractions over an extended duration, with no sign of behavioural change. This was agreed upon by every staff member'. If he's a liar mate then fine.
    I didn't use any of my power to stop it from happening.

Looking in that thread it seems it didn't go to a vote but I'm sure I remember a vote. Maybe it was a Baz one to unban Harold? Not sure. Anyway my only post in the thread pre-ban:

But I'm still not sure you trying to catch me in a 4d chess logic trap about Harold makes the GOP and the Democratic Party equally bad/evil. You're losing your touch.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You brought up Harold. I can only go off the publicly available information. You don't know how to argue.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You brought up Harold. I can only go off the publicly available information. You don't know how to argue.
    I've posted multiple sources about stated policy goals and actions taken by those in power across various parts of this argument and you've gone 'yeah but someone on twitter said'.

This is like when Spurs moved to Wembley or something. I would have been donned about 8 times and had everyone calling me the f word on the old board.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to claim that there is no equivalency, but you're also forced to make out that the Russian bollocks doesn't have any more influential proponents than Louise Mensch; that incivility is the preserve of mere bloggers rather than influential cultural, political, and media figures; that GBH is fine; and that Mitt Romney wasn't made out to be a racist (he was) but sexism was fair game. You're either incapable or unwilling to approach the issue honestly, which proves what I originally said.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to claim that there is no equivalency, but you're also forced to make out that the Russian bollocks doesn't have any more influential proponents than Louise Mensch; that incivility is the preserve of mere bloggers rather than influential cultural, political, and media figures; that GBH is fine; and that Mitt Romney wasn't made out to be a racist (he was) but sexism was fair game. You're either incapable or unwilling to approach the issue honestly, which proves what I originally said.

I didn't say GBH is fine I said using a bike lock in a fight is morally and ethically superior to plowing a car at 30mph into a non violent crowd. Your argument is that both sides are equally bad which I think is quite well illustrated not to be true just by the previous sentence.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think my point was entirely bike lock idiot vs car idiot (straw men was it earlier?). But what about car idiot vs baseball shooter?