User Tag List

Page 341 of 373 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast
Results 17,001 to 17,050 of 18635

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t that the problem though? Tony lets Jericho do what he wants and it results in goofy storylines and banging head of legal on the side.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer already laying the “plans could change” groundwork on CM Punk.

He just needs to shut the fuck up until news is news. His desperation to smear Punk (and now, bizarrely, Edge) is weird.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoyed this. I don't think I've had any exposure to Aldis so I'll be interested to see how he gets on.

Knight losing to Reigns in Saudi.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown was pretty good last night. I like the long term story telling.

Presume Owens is going to go full blown heel soon enough on Rhodes and/or Jey USO I think. Rhodes manages to swindle a way for him and Jey to get on both shows whilst Owens is moved to Smackdown without his teammate.

If Reigns was full time I wouldn’t even mind him being unbeatable. Smackdown is always much better with him on it and the backstage segments are always a good laugh.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cena/Reigns/Knight segment was great. When was the last time we saw that level of mic work and charisma in the same ring?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JD have won the Tag titles back from Cody and Jey already. I'm not sure about the timing. The Bloodline stuff spins its wheels for months then they hotshot a four match title run and Jimmy costing them the titles in just one week. Shame really, that team could have been a decent offshoot for a month or two.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman's turned up to work for a few weeks so we've got to cram some BUILD in. Spin those wheels.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t really get it as there’s no reason for Cody Rhodes/Jey Uso to now be on Smackdown. Unless that’s the whole point. Reigns making Jimmy cost them so they don’t have to deal with them.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's tragic.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, while the signings of Brian/Cole/Punk might have taken AEW 'to the next level' in terms of eyeballs and visibility. I think it's done severe and maybe irreperable harm to the overall brand. It wasn't all great and you might have had to put up with more QT Marshall v Stu Grayson while his friend the fat lad in a purple mask/waistcoat watched on than you'd like but it had new people trying new things. The only not OG-WWE>AEW guys (likes of Jericho and Mox etc) that don't feel like their gimmick is 'I was famous before this' is Christian and that took like 2 years of failed Matt Hardy feuds and him making fun of peoples dead dads becoming a meme.

No joke, Miro's back on telly for the first time in a year and his wife has turned up, which I'd like because I just like looking at his very attractive wife, except within a week of her turning up the first angle is that his wife wants to manage a large muscular black man and Miro looks like a cuck. I can't believe we're running this awful angle back again.

Meanwhile 50 year old Edge has turned up and told finally over-Christian to stop hanging out with the dinosaur man and the new kid whos dad's dead that he likes to make fun of and turn face so they can team up again to fight... 50 year old Matt Hardy and hope Jeff hasn't had to go back to rehab by then? It's just shit.

We might have had the fat lad in a purple mask/waistcoat but he was MY fat lad in a purple mask/waistcoat.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he might have been your fat lad but how long can you run the same thing with the same people before it blows up in your face? The fact that four years on we still have Best Friends, Elite, Dark Order doing the exact same thing they did on the first Dynamite shows why they haven’t grown beyond the initial niche audience. The only time they threatened to do so was when Punk was there but they decided they couldn’t co-exist. So Tony either has to decide he’s serious about running a prime time promotion and stop being friends with the boys, or admit defeat and run as a glorified indie where DREAM MATCHES mean something to the audience. This middle ground he’s in now is killing them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they need some more factions and tournaments, chuck a few death matches in where they don't belong

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They took on too much, no-one cares about Ring of Honor and three shows a week for AEW is just horrific. Punk confirming himself as a poisonous cunt hasn't helped but his popularity (despite bang average matches) would presumably only have papered over the cracks for so long.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Yeah he might have been your fat lad but how long can you run the same thing with the same people before it blows up in your face? The fact that four years on we still have Best Friends, Elite, Dark Order doing the exact same thing they did on the first Dynamite shows why they haven’t grown beyond the initial niche audience. The only time they threatened to do so was when Punk was there but they decided they couldn’t co-exist. So Tony either has to decide he’s serious about running a prime time promotion and stop being friends with the boys, or admit defeat and run as a glorified indie where DREAM MATCHES mean something to the audience. This middle ground he’s in now is killing them.
    I could legitimately not care less. I liked it. In my opinion, it was more entertaining than anything CM Punk did in his absolutely poisonous run where half the audience sucked him off for watching a Brett Hart match. Just like in your opinion, the things you like could do no wrong and everyone else is shit. I'm not running a game of Booker2k23 where I have to get the 18-30 demo up before June or I'm fired.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not enjoying the badmouthing of Evil Uno tbh

I’m down to just watching Dynamite since Big Brother, WoW and my kids not sleeping mean I have very little free time. I don’t feel like I miss much.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I could legitimately not care less. I liked it. In my opinion, it was more entertaining than anything CM Punk did in his absolutely poisonous run where half the audience sucked him off for watching a Brett Hart match. Just like in your opinion, the things you like could do no wrong and everyone else is shit. I'm not running a game of Booker2k23 where I have to get the 18-30 demo up before June or I'm fired.
    You’re sniping at me but that is exactly what Tony Khan is doing. At the beginning he was portraying himself as this super-indie guy who just booked dream matches and that’s fine but now he’s signed multiple TV deals, that shit ain’t going to fly and he’s going to go down the tubes because 800k marks can’t sustain it when he tries to step outside the box. And therein lies the problem, there’s so much good talent on the roster but they sit on the sidelines while we watch Chuck Taylor and Evil Uno on the weekly.
    Last edited by Ben; 21-10-2023 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPV in Berlin next year. Gunther v Dragunov the only acceptable main event.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ja is achtung achtung Alex Wright

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of time for Sgt Slaughter to turn Nazi sympathiser and face Hulk Hogan in a proper main event.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Das ist der Wall, Bruder."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely nobody is actually interested in seeing Flair any more?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony is, and that's all that matters.

And he's throwing away MJF vs. Omega on Collision at three days' notice. Seems those bad ticket sales are going to his head.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also is RVD actually still good at all or is that more nostalgia? I know he won't be anything like his peak but is he serviceable or...?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flair's not wrestling in Sting's retirement tour surely?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Ric Flair. He's never done.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF v Omega was incredible. Can't wait for Ben to shit all over it because people didn't have to pay 15.99 for it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure it was great but why waste one of your biggest possible matches on a TV show nobody watches? It was a knee jerk reaction to getting beat by NXT and ticket sales being in the toilet. They could have (read: should have) ran actual storyline first and bagged themselves a few months of decent TV, but no let’s throw it away without any build and by Wednesday we will be back to Dark Order skits and wondering why no cunt is watching anymore.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched that match and yeah it was good but I stand by my previous point. It’s like Vince putting Shawn vs. Bret on Superstars in 1996 because WCW were destroying them. It’s panic stations from Tony and will give them no momentum going forward because there was no payoff.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nailed it. Absolutely bizarre mindset. ‘Give me less good things for more money’

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re really dumb.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan Danielson with the broken orbital bone now. Out for the forseeable. A shame because he's very enjoyable to watch.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Just watched that match and yeah it was good but I stand by my previous point. It’s like Vince putting Shawn vs. Bret on Superstars in 1996 because WCW were destroying them. It’s panic stations from Tony and will give them no momentum going forward because there was no payoff.
    I broadly agree. Nitro and Raw built up due to storyline bollocks. The best storyline bollocks the industry has ever seen. I don't recall the matches being especially great. Even if they were, the nature of weekly television means it's forgotten in favour of next week's thing.

However, AEW has an attendance problem. If they must insist on booking the venues they're going after, they need to entice more people to attend. Match quality has to be a factor in that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Nailed it. Absolutely bizarre mindset. ‘Give me less good things for more money’
    Weren’t you running your own business at one point, or still are? It’s basics.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like when WCW had Goldberg beating Hogan for the title on Nitro rather than building to it on a ppv. Great tv and a massive crowd but it's money left on the table all the same

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And a big turning point in that era.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Bryan Danielson with the broken orbital bone now. Out for the forseeable. A shame because he's very enjoyable to watch.
    Is he? He was, apparently, but now? Stick him in the same pile as Dark Order skits and Mox.

And yes MJF vs Omega was fantastic. I so thought Kenny had won it at the end, like a right mark.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins said "cry me a river" in his promo. Punk to WWE confirmed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How right is he, Waff?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Is he? He was, apparently, but now? Stick him in the same pile as Dark Order skits and Mox.

And yes MJF vs Omega was fantastic. I so thought Kenny had won it at the end, like a right mark.
    I enjoy watching. You might not but if we all liked the same thing then life would get boring fast.

In other news, apparently Blood Money will be the last time Roman is on screen until 2024. I know Trips loves a "hero fails the first time but builds himself back up to take down the bad guy" story, but it really is hammering home the point of getting the Mania match wrong. As has been discussed here, it's all just wheel spinning now until those few weeks he can be bothered to show up. You could have run bloodline drama as a story without having the title still strapped to him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree.

But I heard a snippet of The Rock on Pat McAfee's show/podcast and it kind of explains why Roman retained over Cody this year. Basically The Rock was pencilled in for the match as far back as January 2022 and obviously you wouldn't have The Rock go over for the title, so the Bloodline storyline was being written so far out that they'd already decided what they were going to do with Roman and the title beyond that (ie. the run into WrestleMania 40) when The Rock had to eventually pull out. Cody just happened to be the hot guy at the time so they did a little segue to wedge him into the story and set up that match. Now obviously there's always an argument to change plans on the fly and run with what's hot (MJF's goofy team with Adam Cole for example) but it sounds like they'd invested so much time and planning into the Bloodline that they didn't want to rip it all up, even if the last few months have been a dud in hindsight.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

How right is he, Waff?
    Not far off. It’s hardly cold though.

WWE doesn’t use him enough, he’s so good

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree.

I love him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's fine, if you haven't yet had your fill of sparky WWE cheap heat chickenshit heels.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’d be one of the top heels if given the chance. I thought we’d get something for him after he had The Rock calling him out on Twitter

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Dynamite for the first time in a while and I know Ben will be tuning in. We've gone from a 25 minute Orange Cassidy match straight into a Young Bucks Trios.

This has been an awful dyanmite so far. Can't wait for Tony's announcement to be dogshit too.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been horrendous start to finish. Rounding it out by bringing Big Show out to wrestle. If Ben would like a summary of my feelings about it all, I feel this sums it up

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony's announcement.

Just tweet it mate.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a shame it is being wasted for the Saudis because Reigns/Knight is absolutely golden. The match is also going to stink but I hope this solidifies Knight as the top dog.