User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1007

Thread: Lockdown Werewolf 2

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding was they had 2 Doctors, but they only got 1 save between them, so the wolves could have found the other one?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Yes.

Still waiting on PMs from Wolves, Seers, Doctors etc.
    Also, because of this post I had the seers in my very first target list:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Yeah the optimal tactic is for one of the seers to out himself in round 1 and force the doctors to use their ability on him in return for relaying the seers' intel to the thread every round. With two doctors the wolves would have an insanely difficult time stopping that. I would say 1 doctor is more balanced than 2
    Obviously 1 doctor is more balanced than 2 mokbull, what a meaningless statement

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, quit enjoyable.

Interesting being on the other side of the knowledge divide. It shits you up at first, but gets quite fun after a while.

I would agree with the sentiment that, to me, it seems there is (was) too much back channel chat between people who shouldn't be in the back channels.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Yeah the optimal tactic is for one of the seers to out himself in round 1 and force the doctors to use their ability on him in return for relaying the seers' intel to the thread every round. With two doctors the wolves would have an insanely difficult time stopping that. I would say 1 doctor is more balanced than 2
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    You fucked up by changing your mind about their role and then you told us (me, Browning and Thommo) that Spikey was the doctor.
    Agreed, that was probably my learning difficulties kicking in (I wanted advice and clarification, in hindsight I shouldn't of asked you guys) and not reading up the rule properly before using it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    My understanding was they had 2 Doctors, but they only got 1 save between them, so the wolves could have found the other one?
    Yeah but with one doc the wolves could eventually kill him and then the seer. With 2 they'd have to find both

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To show you the level of competence going on behind closed doors, I think that may be the first time I've seen that PM from Mahow. Taz completely doesn't understand how PMs work.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so, the legacy of Dr Spikey:

Me and @Offshore Toon started off with one goal in mind and it wasn't to keep you slags safe. We wanted to kill Mahow. No matter what. It was priority no. 1.

So, on day 1 we asked pleb "can we kill Mahow instead of protecting anyone?" He dithered. He somehow thought it might be ok, then after much consideration, said no. So we protected Jimmy.

24 hours later, me and Offy had decided that we weren't going to take Plebs shit and bombarded him with demands and begs to kill Mahow. He ignored us and called us blood thirsty in thread.

From there, we took it to the thread and it somehow landed. and then so did Don (I really did suspect him) And from there we protected me every night, much to Plebs dismay.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem is that there were just not enough expert players.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Still, quit enjoyable.

Interesting being on the other side of the knowledge divide. It shits you up at first, but gets quite fun after a while.

I would agree with the sentiment that, to me, it seems there is (was) too much back channel chat between people who shouldn't be in the back channels.
    There was, and I did make that point several times that it shouldn't be happening. Pleb will hopefully learn for next time.

I would say though that the messages I received gave and took away from me in the game. I knew Spikey was the Doctor when I shouldn't have, but then the same chat made me more suspicious of Thommo than I probably should have been, and that didn't end well. Nothing in there gave away any of the actual wolves, thankfully.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noted.

Agreed, that was probably my learning difficulties kicking in (I wanted advice and clarification, in hindsight I shouldn't of asked you guys) and not reading up the rule properly before using it.
    Advice and clarification should have happened before hand.

If you had changed your mind you really should have allowed us to change the kill as Spikey was only targetted the second time because you told us we had a free shot at him. Had you told us that he could protect whoever he wanted X amount of times (or then allowed us to change) at the start we'd not have taken the risk.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The doctors don't kill though Spikey.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked Pleb to give Spikey an overdose but he never replied.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell that to Harold Shipman...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The doctors don't kill though Spikey.
    Mahow died and that's all that matters.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell that to Harold Shipman...
    That was the main point of our argument.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was, and I did make that point several times that it shouldn't be happening. Pleb will hopefully learn for next time.

I would say though that the messages I received gave and took away from me in the game. I knew Spikey was the Doctor when I shouldn't have, but then the same chat made me more suspicious of Thommo than I probably should have been, and that didn't end well. Nothing in there gave away any of the actual wolves, thankfully.
    Wait, what was happening?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also you cunts.

That attempt for you guys to lynch Jimmy (which came a lot closer than I thought) were all my idea. I've had to bite my tongue for so fucking long.

No one was telling me to do it or what to say, that was me playing 99D chess.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did no one pick up on the fact that Jimmy was willing to kill himself a couple of rounds ago?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Wait, what was happening?
    We have a chat for Fantasy Football with me, Mahow, Pleb and Thommo (plus others who weren't in this game) and Pleb was being too chatty in it. Mahow has basically summed it up, but yea. He made it obvious who the Doctor was being the main crime. Then later on there was a discussion about how he should handle the Doctors protecting the same person twice issue which I tried to stay out of (other than telling him it's not against the rules) which Thommo wasn't part of but when he read it later on he commented "Oh i didn't know that was discussed here too" which set my alarm bells off because I didn't know where else he had discussed it if not in a top secret wolf chat.... but turned out to be wrong. I didn't call him out on it or anything, but it probably influenced my coin flip vote.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it pretty much against the rules for the doctor to ever protect themselves?

I know this hasn't how it has been played here - the Jimmy gambit in the last game blew my mind somewhat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's how it was in GS' games, they definitely couldn't protect the same person twice in a row though but in Boyd's he allowed it.

I personally think it's too overpowered as they can make anyone they want (themself) immortal from wolf kills in the night and then basically say I'm the doctor in the thread and the town wont come after them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flip side of that is, neither will the wolves, which kind of just invalidates the role. That one person being immortal but not actually ever saving anyone is no different to just a random villager surviving until the end. It's the end game where you'd have a problem. What would we have done if it had come down to 1 wolf Vs Spikey?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flip side of that is, neither will the wolves, which kind of just invalidates the role. That one person being immortal but not actually ever saving anyone is no different to just a random villager surviving until the end. It's the end game where you'd have a problem. What would we have done if it had come down to 1 wolf Vs Spikey?
    Spikey would have won as he can't be eaten.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of Googling suggests that in these games either the doctor role shouldn't be allowed to protect themselves or they shouldn't be allowed to protect the same person over consecutive nights.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't though because that random villager could have been eaten in the night or taken out by the town at any point.

Spikey was effectively bullet-proof when Taz was lynched. The odds on the village lynching him from then on would have been so small. Whereas the village could have easily killed you in the next phase if they thought it would have brought them closer to victory.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could, but if they didn’t someone else was dying in my place. The net result is the same. As I said, it does ruin the end game though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I guess ruling someone out completely does increase the chances of hitting a wolf, so yea, it probably is a bit broken.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was good fun. The main issue beside the doctor fuck-up is dickheads signing up and not being active. Intended inactivity is fine but don't just disappear or, even worse, start saying shit like 'I cba'. Should voting be mandatory? Possibly.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have been more brazen as a seer if I hadn't lost my partner as the game literally started. It was just pure luck that I then voted against two wolves going instantly (as I hadn't looked into them), and it turned the suspicions towards me. Didn't know how aggressive to point niko out after that (I'd investigated him on the first night) as he'd voted against both of the wolves and Spikey had lucked into making everyone think he was the seer.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, I wasn't even allowed to kill? Ffs.

Good game. Thanks for hosting Pleb.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I fucking knew Pleb was trying to help the Wolves the little bollocks

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must have missed the bits where he was trying to help us, rather than actively manipulate the rules of the game against us. We really shouldn't have gone for you [Spikey] that first time, it was obvious you would be protected but we thought it was worth the gamble that the doctors weren't playing or something. Investigating Taz and Mahow also fit perfectly with the sort of thing you'd do as a seer. Talk about a perfect storm of shit.

Seered on the first night? What the fuck? Not sure I'd even posted by that point. Quite pleased to have made a week in those circumstances. Not sure of the widsom of coming out and saying you were less suspicious of me midweek or whenever that was, if we'd off'd you in the night [when I realised you were the seer and I'd inadvertently, and mistakenly on the facts, put you up I was a bit ] I reckon I could have wriggled out of that. Less so your comments during the lynching.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was the doctor in the previous game I was definitely well overpowered, even though I lost my mate SvN pretty early on. In fact if anything that was an advantage as we didn't have to choose which of us to protect.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Seered on the first night? What the fuck? Not sure I'd even posted by that point. Quite pleased to have made a week in those circumstances. Not sure of the widsom of coming out and saying you were less suspicious of me midweek or whenever that was, if we'd off'd you in the night [when I realised you were the seer and I'd inadvertently, and mistakenly on the facts, put you up I was a bit ] I reckon I could have wriggled out of that. Less so your comments during the lynching.
    I don't know why I did on the first night, just got a bit lucky. I didn't know how hard to push for you, and when you voted for both wolves it seemed harder to push the fact (especially with Spikey getting two wolves lynched through dumb luck!).

Jimmy, I tried to let on that I knew you were a hunter by copying Scouse's tactic last time and dropping hunter/hunting in a comment directly about you, but I guess you didn't clock on, seeing as you later nominated me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, didn't clock it. I did however realise from your defence that there was a good chance you were a seer or doctor, hence changing my vote that round.

Had absolutely no clue about anything all game really and with my hunter kill had an absolute potshot at Manc because he seemed a bit shifty. niko was too big a risk to the village as if he was innocent we were going to need his spreadsheeting / general logic.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Here's one final attempt at trying to make sense of what's...

I nominate The Merse (first nomination)
    Gotta say, I loved this post. And totally agree I was due a lynch at the time as my slowing up looked bad. In reality, it was bad timing - I expected to be very free from the shackles of hard work all of this month, but got blindsided when shot kicked off this week and a couple of my team I agreed holiday for but didn’t diarise disappeared on me. Cue a horrendous Weds-Fri - I’ll be totally honest, yesterday I just had to get out of the house with the missus and totally forgot everything else.

Still, I really like the deduction. 😂

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had thommo has a doctor after his defence, but was still 100% sure Spikey was the seer at that point.

Good game overall, shame it seemed to die a bit near the end. I reckon I'd have probably been lynched next after my pick of Merse was wrong.

We need to avoid weekends in future games.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more the fact that he doesn't have any clue what he's doing or what's going on.

But there's always the possibility that he's bamboozled me. But you could say the same about any of the candidates, really. You've just got to work with the probabilities.
    As for this. Yeh, I think it’s my last werewolf for the reason of the last couple of games. It follows a trend of my interaction in here in general, as I’ve found it harder to keep up with everything and anything. For context - I have extremely poor short term/working memory - it’s common in those with severe dyslexia like myself. In practice, that means I don’t assimilate and retain detail which I’m using in my immediate work and conversations around it. The likes of forum interactions and these games pretty much fall into that. In days of old I’d work around this with comprehensive notes which through repeated reading would almost ‘shift’ that stuff into my long term memory, still fouling up where I’d managed to post before cross referencing/full assimilating, due to the pace of the game and posting... Even then though, I’d have a well of stuff I’d retained to draw on.

That was all fine when I was in my 20s and not very committed to work and able to keep my laptop at my side all day. I also assimilate and comprehend information I read from the laptop far easier. Since moving into career roles, and particularly since reaching senior management, I find myself not having the energy or ability to keep that up, given I’m doing it for 10 hours a day through work.it’s even further exacerbated by a GF that hates me having the laptop out around her as she finds a 15’ MacBook to distract her from the telly/conversation/whatever. So alas, I’d better just not do it again as on the couple of occasions I took myself into my home office to get on the laptop and began my own spreadsheet, it felt like real toil.

TLDR; yeh, I’m a mess when I can’t employ my working memory devices to negate my struggles with it, and I’ve not the time nor ability these days to do what I need to about it, so adios Werewolf... unless we time a game with me on leave for the duration.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you've quoted the wrong post there, but I was on about Baz.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Also, I fucking knew Pleb was trying to help the Wolves the little bollocks
    By saying we can kill you as you can't protect yourself two nights running and then changing his mind at 10pm and not accepting a different name?

I'd hate to see what it would have been like if he was working against us.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By saying we can kill you as you can't protect yourself two nights running and then changing his mind at 10pm and not accepting a different name?

I'd hate to see what it would have been like if he was working against us.
    By dropping snide little hints and being in a secret group with you all in which he gave you intel.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    By dropping snide little hints and being in a secret group with you all in which he gave you intel.
    The snide little hints were in a secret group with me, Browning and Thommo.

One wolf, one villager and one seer.

I'd have preferred it if no snide little hints were given which is why I pointed to it as something he needs to change if he runs another game.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was giving hints to a wolf. Whether it was 1 of them or all of them is irrelevant. He was helping you.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you've quoted the wrong post there, but I was on about Baz.
    And I’ll never change.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to fact check this, but I'm fairly sure Mahow was dead by the point he outed Spikey. I don't know if Mahow relayed it to the other wolves after dying, but I would hope not. It still shouldn't have happened though. If he does run another game I'll chuck him out of Discord at the first signs of anything going on.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, using a dedicated Discord server/group chat for the wolves to communicate would be a good idea for future games.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    To be fair, using a dedicated Discord server/group chat for the wolves to communicate would be a good idea for future games.
    Pepe ended up making a server on the second day as we realised that the PM system on here is shit.

If you click reply on a PM it will only send a PM back to the original sender and not everyone involved in the PM conversation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepe ended up making a server on the second day as we realised that the PM system on here is shit.

If you click reply on a PM it will only send a PM back to the original sender and not everyone involved in the PM conversation.
    That was winding me up and there was only offy and pleb involved other than me.