Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1591

Thread: Football Manager 2021

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Just been utterly screwed.

Had four more u-21 forriners coming in January, not realising there was a limit of six per season. The game just cancelled two of them, including the seriously promising centre back, without giving me any sort of choice.

What a bollocks.
    Yeah I got fucked by that last season, so now I am checking and I am "postdating" some transfers so that they roll over to the next season. Especially players that I sign for the future and are getting first team football wherever they currently are. It's like a loan of sorts.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-10-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Marcos Diaz you signed looks amazing Adra. What a bargain.

Luckily the UK didn't leave the EU on my save (I think there were more possibilities in FM19) so no such worries with the foreign youth. Of course I need to get to the Prem first to truly reap the benefits...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he's scored 18 league goals in the first half of the season. I was willing to pay up to say 20m if needed, so getting him for just the 5 was quite the steal. Speaking of which, here's our first half:

Some improvement over last season, which is great, since we already did really well by that point last season. If we can keep any sort of consistency in the second half, that'd be insane, but honestly anything north of 25-ish points and I'll be chuffed. We've started to match all the big teams with wins over City (3-2 H), Arsenal (3-2 A) and Tottenham (3-1 A), a draw with United (2-2 H) and two 2-1 home losses against Chelsea and Liverpool which should have definitely been at least draws. The downside is that we are a bit inconsistent when it comes to beating the "lower" teams, but I guess you can't have everything. We also made the League Cup quarter finals with only our B team, beating Liverpool in the process, which was nice. And since I mentioned that game, those two games were within 10 days of each other:

Talk about mental fortitude.

I have two weeks of no-lifing left before I start my new job, so the goal is to have won something in Europe by then.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-10-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United, unsurprisingly, was a cakewalk. Won everything first season so resigned. Holidayed til a job I fancied appeared, and up pops Sevilla. 12th in LaLiga, struggling hard. Decent squad just not working. Plugged in my formation, got the job after the Valencia game:

Anybody wanna give it a crack for shits and giggles considering new one should be out in 7-10 days, here ya go:

https://ufile.io/pwws8mhq

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also signed my favourite bargain player this version. Always 5-8mil, incredibly well rounded, multiple positions and some potential. Guy's a machine:

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A FM page I follow on Instagram posted a challenge to win the Premier League with Rushden & Diamonds on CM01/02 before FM22 is out so I'm playing that. The only rules are you can't sign Tsigalko, Kerr or To Maderia.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need updates if you do that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But only if there's a matching sock/rug photo with every update.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David Collins from Radcliffe. Stick him behind the front 2. 12k, I think. Bought him for Stalybridge Celtic and we did great things. Can you get Haracimowicz at that level? Think he was cheap too.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already got Collins.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel like a proud dad. Keep us in the loop. Tempted to follow in.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, know I'm a bit of a ghost these days, but I check this thread every day. Was on a night shift when I read about Yev's relegation and it ruined my Pot Noodle. Good stuff lads. Keep it going

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    We need updates if you do that.
    As you wish.

I've done all my wheeling and dealing. Rushden start in Division 3 but with £6m to spend. I transfer listed (and sold) the majority of the existing squad. Any that haven't been sold have been sent to the reserves and not given squad numbers. This is the motley crew I've assembled to hopefully blast the league to smithereens:

Some familiar names in there, I hope.

Chanko was only signed cos Wirtanen got injured, which has probably cost him his place in the starting 11, sadly. Will kick Marchant off the bench when he's back though cos I had nostalgic love for our Tommy.

Mike Duff and Jamie Victory are off limits cos they play for rivals Cheltenham. Will hopefully get Duff somewhere down the line when he realises we're better, mind.

Got too many "Fgn" players so Tomaschek will hardly play, even though he's probably better than Andrade, and player-coach Gerasimets probably won't make a single appearance.

Also don't remember Alexandersson being that good but 20 finishing and 17 off the ball have seen him score 5 in 3 so far, and he's only 16:

He can fill the void until I can turn Cherno Samba's head, I guess.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM 01/02.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Carl Laurie?

I used to raid Djurgardens and sign Said every game

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Carl Laurie. Probably won't play much though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I've got Carl Laurie. Probably won't play much though.
    So you do. Carry on.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He plays an art.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City End of Season Update 2037/38

Another season of two halves, this time not to do with injuries but more to do with who I had in the team and where. First half looked like this:

That little lot left us 17th and then in January the following things happened. My two players who could play at LW were out for a game and I had to move Cipric there, he was a revelation, but that also allowed me to play the two cracking right backs I had, moving Kolar to left back. Additionally Chavez my diminutive Peruvian finally pissed me off one too many times with his shit performances, so I binned him off on loan to Turkey and installed Koumis as our number one attacking midfielder. The transformation was unreal.

An amazing run of results that sees us 10 games unbeaten and the best win of the save so far by a country mile. Sadly, our shit start meant we finished mid table again but at least top half this time.

A slower season for Hines, but always a man with a sense of occasion his winner against Reading was the goal that did this:

Which pushed him to icon status.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love turning it around like that when all hope is lost. I know it's not 30 goals, but still I'd take a consistent 20 a season from a striker, until challenging for Champions League football becomes a thing. That said Diaz, grabbed 33 league goals for us this season in 38 games, yet he only fiinished second since Man Utd appear to have a beast that scored 39 in 33.

In our news, here's a snapshot of the youth that came through our ranks this season:

Sure I was a bit miffed that I was getting garbage for years despite the tens of millions that we have invested in our set-up, but boy this batch just made up for it. I think when our current upgrades end, we'll have the best possible anything in terms of infrastructure/networking.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 15-10-2021 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City End of Season Update 2037/38

Onto the facilities and finances. Starting with the former, we're back home.

And have now finished the facilities.

A quick look at the spreadsheet shows us it cost £96,115,930 to get there.

The finances are in staggeringly rude health, with a £97m profit posted for the season, and this wedge in the bank:

leading to a WARCHEST of:

Plans for next season

I've been playing the kids I've bought too soon and I need to sort that with better depth in the squad, the sort of player Jim was alluding to. I've also got some crap that needs to be shifted now. Corness, for example, sadly isn't good enough. As a result I'm going through the squad assigning a 'keep', 'loan' or 'bin' to each player and then filling in the gaps for what I need with the budget space I have. We're only £700k on wages now too, so we've a million to play with there as well as the ludicrous transfer budget.

I'll consider anything less than a top 7 finish next season or winning a trophy, a failure. It's time to kick on.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Adra, I'd die for youth like that. None of mine have hit any more than 3 stars yet. What does the five star one look like?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof, your finances look way better than ours. We finished the season with around 60m in the coffers. Probably because I tend to spend fairly big. Spent 120m in the last two seasons compared to your 50ish.

Gotta love that determination.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, loving that.

It might just be confirmation bias, but I'm finding work rate and determination to be so useful in this game. 32+ for both combined and the player in question seems to perform so well, irrespective of their technicals, Reis Bartlett aside.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrap that, might be 30+ as that's all Koumis has and he's a legend.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was our season:

I said in my mid-season update that 25+ points would have me relatively happy after a great start to the season, and we went and got exactly that, with a good old Gateshead classic of 5 points in the last 7 games. We actually didn't fall below 6th once. I am obviously happy to be in Europe next season, but I think our league performance will inevitably suffer from the extra games. Also, after years of extremely low expectations, the board came to me with this gem:

Is it just me or is that quite optimistic for a first season in Europe? I guess you get straight to the 2nd round by topping your group but still feels a bit much.

And some player stats:

Diaz smashed it out of the park, although he is a bit of a "0 or 3 goals" player with no inbetween it seems (he even scored 5 in one game). Bartos never adapted to the left wing position so he was dethroned by Markovic, who, while not spectacular, contributed his fair share. The unsung hero has to be Rumble, who can seemingly score from anywhere in the pitch as long as it's 20+yards from goal. Ismoilov was injured for the last couple months or so and Rumble stepped up to the plate. Speaking of injuries we did have an injury plight in the last couple months in general, with all our first team midfielders and wingers being injured at the same time for a couple games, our central defenders missing 4-5 games in a row together and even our goaliee missing 3 weeks. Oh well.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking stuff Adra!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking seasons for you both then - finally crossed over to be established PL clubs it seems. That does seem like quite a tough objective for first time European competitors Adra, best of luck with that!

------------------------------------

I've reached the end of the transfer window at the start of season no. 10 with Slough Town. As I'm still on FM19, the English transfer windows end infuriatingly early compared to the rest of Europe. As such we didn't have much time to really upgrade positions that I wanted to, and I'm not particularly confident entering this season. A lot of my targets wanted ridiculous money or refused to talk to me whatsoever based on the club rep. I'll go through some of the more important transfers that we brought in.

Firstly, with Allsop leaving, we needed a first choice keeper. Daniel Jinadu was being released by West Ham and he looks like a really solid option with a little room to grow. Could become our number 1 for a few seasons.

I may have overpaid a little on wages for this transfer - he's the highest paid player in the squad that we currently own, and realistically he will rotate at the LB spot with Oliver Hoare. However, he's a little more versatile and probably will be the first team choice once he beds in. He joined on a free from Middlesbrough.

Quite excited about this loanee - Matthew Morgan-Parker arrives for the season from Leicester as a natural pressing forward and has already chipped in with an important winner at home to Aston Villa. His contract expires at the end of the season so he may be a free transfer target at the end of the campaign.

Speaking of Aston Villa, we picked up Alex Jordan from them on a season-long loan deal to rotate in on the right wing.

Lastly, this signing was a little out of the blue. He was brought up in the scouting meeting as an out of contract prospect and I had no information on him whatsoever. I needed a left wing option in the squad so got the scouts to take a look, and as the days passed he looked better and better. I was just a bit surprised no one else was in for him - I've got high hopes that he can really develop into a key member of the squad.

As I mentioned previously, I signed two former loanees on permanent deals after their contracts expired, as well as a bunch of cheap youngsters that I've farmed out to various lower league clubs with the hopes they can either perform for the first team one day or I can sell them for a bit of money.

However, as the transfer window closed, a news item was brought to my attention that really confirms we're in for a fight this season.

My budget is only £60k p/w so it's not even like I have a lot left in the bank to spend on improvements. And with money being fairly tight, especially with the ongoing upgrades to the youth facilities, it brings me to my final, and most irritating, problem that I have so far encountered this season - the courting of young Dimitris Papadopoulos.

He genuinely looks like he will be a Premier League talent soon, and curled in two free-kicks on the opening day in our 2-1 win over Southend. We had a couple of small bids from PL teams, around the £2m mark. But it wasn't until this last week, after the English window closed, that I've had an issue. Marseille came in with a £1.5m bid, rising to £3.1m, and I rejected it outright. And he immediately kicked off, no matter how many team leaders I asked to have a chat with him. Understandable - Marseille are in the Champions League and we'll be fighting relegation in the Championship. But I couldn't lose a player of his talent without the ability to replace him.

And now they're back in again - this time offering a non-negotiable £3.8m, rising to £8.75m if he plays 10 league games and gets an international cap. It's big money for a really unsettled player. But he's my best player in the squad and I can't replace him until January. I've stalled the offer as I really don't know what to do.

Just the small matter of Brighton away first - they've only got a front 3 valued at £112m.... IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just decline those offers thommo and have them kick up a fuss. As soon as the window (for Marseille in that case) is closed, they just drop their interest and said player is "happy to stay". Or do what Bayern seem to be doing in my save, where they have a bunch of 20yo request transfers and yet the asking price is like 10 times the player's value.

As for the Brighton thing, the difference in level when a (relatively) big team gets relegated from the Premier League is astonishing.

I like the look of that striker, a bit of an all-rounder which tends to work very good in the lower leagues. Do you have a senior affiliate? If not I'd definitely ask for one and try and get a club from the bottom half-ish of the Premier League. Big clubs are kind of a bust when your reputation lags behind that much as their youngsters just don't want to play for you.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 15-10-2021 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Yeah, loving that.

It might just be confirmation bias, but I'm finding work rate and determination to be so useful in this game. 32+ for both combined and the player in question seems to perform so well, irrespective of their technicals, Reis Bartlett aside.
    I always prioritise those and Natural Fitness - anyone who doesn't have a decent level in them won't get signed. For me they're the core fundamentals of a good player.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    A FM page I follow on Instagram posted a challenge to win the Premier League with Rushden & Diamonds on CM01/02 before FM22 is out so I'm playing that. The only rules are you can't sign Tsigalko, Kerr or To Maderia.
    Pffft. Joao Paiva, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic and Kim Kallstrom will make fine back-ups.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paiva’s not in if it you patch to .68 (which I have cos I’m not a doof)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim Kallstrom was the absolute nuts year on year. Researcher had to be on the take.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I just decline those offers thommo and have them kick up a fuss. As soon as the window (for Marseille in that case) is closed, they just drop their interest and said player is "happy to stay". Or do what Bayern seem to be doing in my save, where they have a bunch of 20yo request transfers and yet the asking price is like 10 times the player's value.

As for the Brighton thing, the difference in level when a (relatively) big team gets relegated from the Premier League is astonishing.

I like the look of that striker, a bit of an all-rounder which tends to work very good in the lower leagues. Do you have a senior affiliate? If not I'd definitely ask for one and try and get a club from the bottom half-ish of the Premier League. Big clubs are kind of a bust when your reputation lags behind that much as their youngsters just don't want to play for you.
    I rejected the bid but it did take a lot of thought. Our current balance is under £2m and it would have been a massive amount of money for a club of our size, but he's too valuable right now and has 3 years left on his deal, so we'll see how it goes. Into September and he's still unhappy for now.

We ended up losing 1-0 to Brighton. Considering they had 30 shots to our 1, not a bad effort.

Regarding a senior affiliate, I have asked the board so many times for one. Each time they agree, and then come back a few weeks later saying they haven't been able to find a suitable club. Extremely frustrating, to say the least.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a reputation thing, where no Premier League club wants an affiliate with League Two(-ish) reputation, which based on my experience you're probably at and you can't have an affiliate in the same division so no championship clubs either.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City Season 2038/39 Summer Update - BPLSBB

After scouring the market I failed to find anyone knew I wanted to get so the only players to join us were the two young uns that had fallen foul of the limit on forrin under-21s joining in January and Jose Carlos Ruiz, who we signed permanently from Valencia for a record (for us of) £23m. Many loans out were done and we ended the summer with with a 24 man first team squad that was hopefully ready to go. And third time lucky (well fourth really) we started a Premier League season superbly.

So pleased to win the first four (including a last 5 minute turnaround against Everton), our second team then lost to Villa before we encountered some next level bullshit against Man City. 3-0 down inside 8 minutes we were utterly ruined for 90 minutes. That seemed to spill over into the Chelsea game and when we found ourselves 2-0 down against Southampton I was fearing the worst. Shaun Hines got us back on track and another 7 points from the next 9 puts us 2nd.

I'm really only looking at the gap between us and 7th at the moment (which would be nice to have been more than six points given our start), but if we're still in the top four come the turn of the year I might start to believe we could actually make the Champions League.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see so many crazy good forwards that are cheap as fuck and I genuinely need to muster all my strength to not sign them.

Insanely good start there Yev. Not like you had that easy a schedule either.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a similar issue in the window above and too had to use all the will power I could muster.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a bunch of lads.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon Grayson's never had it so good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news we are now the 13th highest English club reputation-wise. Finally. I imagine Europe will increase that even more, but let's see.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's four stars, isn't it? I am so jealous.

Will every player bar those at top 5 nation Champions League clubs now join you?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just below 4 stars. Haven't tried to sign anyone of note this summer, so I couldn't tell you. The one big signing I went for ended up choosing Chelsea over us which makes sense. I didn't bother this summer, but I reckon next summer I'll have to put in a lot of work on sorting out the abundance of foreigners in our squad, seeing as we've been "abusing" the u21 rule so far but most of them are starting to pass that age threshold.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in a similar boat. I need good English talent and a fair bit of it quite soon.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, playing 01/02 again has really highlighted how clunky FM is nowadays and killed my enthusiasm for FM22.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah modern versions have so much unnecessary clutter.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An increase of 5,000 seats. We fill the current stadium every single week. Utter morons.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how this has happened!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behave