Page 293 of 373 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,650 of 18632

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Tony is truly pathetic for sitting there during the Cabana stuff at the start.

Carny Punk is the most cringe bloke in all of pro wrestling IMO.
    What is Punk’s deal? Constantly moaned about his positioning in WWE and walked out on them. They touched on the subject when Haitch did that interview on Austin’s network show. One day he’s fine and the next he’s stirring shit and going through mood swings. He’s just a weird bloke. Question is; is he more trouble than what he’s worth?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    What is Punk’s deal? Constantly moaned about his positioning in WWE and walked out on them. They touched on the subject when Haitch did that interview on Austin’s network show. One day he’s fine and the next he’s stirring shit and going through mood swings. He’s just a weird bloke. Question is; is he more trouble than what he’s worth?
    The bloke has always had delusions of grandeur going all the way back to ROH in the 2000's so I guess it's just more of that but with the added negative of having a piss weak boss. He's isnt worth the trouble in my opinion as his in ring stuff is meh.

I wouldnt be surprised if Punk has bipolar.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 07-09-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil Brooks loves Phil Brooks.

In reality he walked out on Vince because he couldn’t deal with being bumped down the card like everyone else.
    By the time he walked because he didn’t main event mania, his time was passed as the new hotness and it was all about Daniel Bryan.
    He was a dick to almost everyone but Colt Cobana back then and he soon sorted that one out.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Scott Colton shares a bank a account with his mother" was an absolute cracker as far as carny bullshit goes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/dlo-b...act-wrestling/

One step closer to Wullie's dream of another D'Lo European title run.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer reckons they've all been suspended. No word how long.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the title goes back to Moxley or they go straight to MJF?

Trios titles probably go to Best Friends.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine the suspension will be long so they'll probably investigate their other dozen titles for a couple of weeks before they're back.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point Im sure the ROH TV title is due some TV time.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was already crazy excited for MJFs first promo back but now he’s been spoonfed even more material to lap it up. They might as well let him have the last hour of the show.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely with Punk suspended they will build Dynamite tonight around MJF. He can easily hype the match by himself. I might actually watch the whole thing for once (*old-man-yelling-at-cloud review incoming*).

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they turn this into a big work and the two hours is dedicated to Punk, Omega and the Bucks in a WCW-style stroking of the egos.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You obsessed with WCW or something?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The parallels are uncanny.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Tony Khan didn't grow up mostly watching 90s WCW I'd be amazed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McAfee joining College Gameday on a full time basis for this season so will be taking a break from WWE

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I'm not entirely fussed. He's been getting a bit much at times recently.

Admittedly his replacement will presumably be somebody rubbish.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammy Guevara accusing Darby Allin of loving turtles is one of the most underrated comments in a long time.

Also Wardlow is being criminally wasted in boring power bomb squash matches. He should be in the grand slam.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wardlow and FTR have been utterly squandered in the last couple of months and you can't argue it's because of anything but politics.

Vacating the titles was something I didn't expect.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Moxley promo was excellent (that's two weeks in a row now). It went a long way to re-establishing the importance of the World title after the clusterfuck of the last month. I'm not a fan of his matches most of the time but he's really carried the entire company on his back since the COVID pandemic began. Also, during the promo someone holds up an "Elite" sign with a bite taken out of it.

The MJF promo was...surreal. Started out as the ultimate babyface then starting throwing in random comments like how much Tiny is paying him. Tremendous delivery though as always.

I'll watch the Danielson match but that's it. The six-man shit is done already so I don't care about that match even though I like PAC (like fucking seriously, the Bucks nixed the decider with FTR for all the titles to go do this crap and now they're out on their arse already) and a Garcia/Yuta main event can fuck right off.

EDIT: The Danielson match was good. He's just so smooth. But Hangman hasn't improved in like four years, he's still doing them same spots which requires the opponent to obviously set themselves up for it and stand around like a bottle of milk. Still, very good for TV standards and the right man went through. It's probably time they put the title on him.
    Last edited by Ben; 08-09-2022 at 07:12 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Wardlow will be the one to beat MJF down the line.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's one thing you can say about Tony Khan, he bloody loves a tournament.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mortal Khanbat.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dynamite was pretty good I thought, seemed far less rushed than it has recently. Helped by MJF and Moxley being really very good indeed, Moxley in particular. Shame that United Empire were halfway back around the world as they would have made a perfect trios title team, not that PAC et al are bad it's just a shame to see them (presumably) used as the stopgap. Bit of a ropey women's match but then a fantastic main event, they've done a great job building people like Yuta and Garcia and I do like a show that gives me trios lucha bollocks as well as more traditional catch wrestling type stuff. It would be nice if Rampage isn't just an afterthought and is back to being three decent matches but I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage was actually good this week?! Great main event and Samoa Joe segment. The women’s division is appalling at the moment though. They need to stick to dark matches until they’re good enough (there’s only like three of them who can work).

Baz will hate it because there was no gymnastics in the main event but it’s a thumbs up from me.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Baz will hate it because there was no gymnastics in the main event but it’s a thumbs up from me.
    Anything with Dax Harwood gets a thumbs up from me.

Except that dumb spinning move.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I forgot it was Claudio and Dax. Will need to watch that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT looks to be going Black and Gold again.

Also in reading the review of last night's episode I discovered "Hank Walker" who looks like some sort of Pratt-Rogen lovechild.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched RAW today and I would be more than happy if they decided they want to put every single belt on KO.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's so good. HHH clearly likes him so I hope he gets his chance at a proper title run at some point.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their most natural promo guy in years. Gargano needs some acting lessons though. And that’s about my entire takeaway from Raw.

And Dynamite was just ok too this week with the MJF promo (obviously) and the main event; it was nice to see Jericho work that type of match. Their women’s division needs killing off until they figure it out.

I suppose ok is a win these days. Nothing dreadful that makes me turn it off like usual.

There’s been a lot of buzz about the Jun Kasai vs. El Desperado deathmatch so I give it a go. I don’t like deathmatch shit usually but Kasai is a legend and Despy is awesome in regular matches. About two minutes Kasai did the most obvious blade in history on Despy so that got turned off in a hurry.
    Last edited by Ben; 17-09-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Smackdown there. Some fun matches but three "babyface vs. heel numbers game" matches in a row suggests either a lack of joined-up thinking or that they just don't think that makes things a bit samey.

All the matches had something to be positive about though. The layers of the Bloodline stuff is excellent (Heyman's body language when Sami comes in to take over 'dealing with' Logan Paul is great) and at least Reigns vs. Paul is (presumably) happening on a Saudi show I have zero interest in. Rodriguez vs. Bayley did a good job of making the former look decent in defeat and I loved the bit where Iyo and Kai tried to cut her off from chasing Bayley so Rodriguez just casually picked up one and threw her at the other.

Sikoa's interaction with the Usos is interesting depending what (if anything) that is setting up and while the match was harmed by having Sami constantly interfere because they'd done that two matches already but thought it was a decent showing for both. They need to take "Madcap" off his name but the man is quite an athlete and they need to just have him wrestle loads and see what they've got there.

Tag team main event was just fun as those four ways tend to be, I'm glad "Butch" (sigh) was at least wrestling in Pete Dunne gear so crossing my fingers his name is on HHH's to do list and it possibly bodes well for Hit Row that the crowd popped for some of Top Dolla's strength spots.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“We'll have a men's WarGames match and a women's WarGames match…This will not be Raw versus SmackDown. It will be much more story-line driven.”

WARGAMES.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to buy William Regal out of his AEW contract so he can announce it otherwise there's no point bothering.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, just get Heyman to do it and call it Brawgames.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, was sort of hoping they wouldn't bring WarGames to main roster.

Still:

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle / Rollins fight pit is gonna have a different feel to it to the two fight pit matches with Thatcher in when NXT used the stipulation but I'm keen to see what they do with it, and it's probably a better grudge match stipulation than the cage given escaping to win isn't a thing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Raw was genuinely great last night. Lots of fucky finishes but they progressed actual storylines towards the PPV so maybe that can be forgiven. I'll fly through it at some point this week and no doubt be back to moan about Gargano or something.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there are a couple of matches I'm going to watch. Rollins / Bobbo is just an obvious pairing, Riddle / Rey is a fun pairing and I'll watch KO do anything.

As you say a few fucky finishes biy getting those out the way to progress angles on TV so you can hopefully have more meaningful finishes on PPV later is how it should be done.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins / Lashley was really solid. A nice early tease of the Stomp but didn't happen in a way I don't remember them doing before, as above they still do too many finishes with interference / distractions but this one at least made sense and worked for all involved.

KO and Theory was decent too. KO's not been pinned since HHH took over.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not have him in the match and have him lose? Or why even put it on him?

That's so weird and it's akin to the Keith Lee double champ "reign".

Just seems so lazy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just seems so lazy.

And to be fair, Shawn was the master of dropping a title without laying down for it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first survival round in QM this month

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Dynamite was pretty full on.

Moxley wins the AEW title. I'm disappointed it's not Danielson for match quality but really this is the correct business decision and they missed boat with Danielson when he was heel.

Jericho wins the ROH title. Erm, ok. Why did they bother signing Claudio again? Tony was giving it large about him carrying the ROH brand not so long ago.

The Acclaimed win the AEW Tag Team titles. These fuckers are white hot. Clearly not the long term plan but after All Out they had to do this ASAP.

Paige debuted, as Saraya. What the fuck. At least the women's division instantly improves hugely but I thought she was crippled?

And on Rampage, apparently, fucking Great Muta confronted Sting. +1 viewer.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured with Paige it's more about keeping her out of the frame until some doctor cleared her. Even if she is knackered, what else is she going to do?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moxley should have stayed champ last time tbf. Hopefully this is them learning the CM Punk lesson. Jericho just feels like he's belt collecting at this point too.

As for Saraya, I thought it was like Bryan? He was probably okay to go but WWE didn't want the risk of anything happening further so they just shelved him. Helps they didn't really want him in the main event picture at the time too, I feel.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be. But I remember Paige saying "one more bad bump and I'm paralysed/dead" or something similar. If she wasn't lying I'd be pretty nervous if I was Tony.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is ROH going to be anything? At the moment it just feels like more belts to cover what's already a ridiculously crowded market in AEW.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like AEW are going to buy CM Punk out and he'll be done for good.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Is ROH going to be anything? At the moment it just feels like more belts to cover what's already a ridiculously crowded market in AEW.
    Well on the plus side it seems like they've forgot about the Trios titles already (between Dynamite and Rampage there were about 20 matches and they couldn't find a spot for it).

Which proves it was just an ego rub for Omega and the Bucks so they could do flippy shit with their mates instead of actually earning the company money. So burning that entire winner-takes-all match with FTR (who have been disregarded since) was well worth it in the end eh. Punk is getting a lot of flak (some of it deserved) but these three idiots have a lot to answer for.