Results 11,551 to 11,600 of 11773

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    They're going to sell the company to South Korean robots
    There's talk of them wanting sales to double over the next three years. Not even South Korean robots could deliver that kind of upscaling.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well close the thread if you leave.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll carry the torch
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You better hurry up and start banging her so.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't even have to fully bang her. My wife knows some daft woman who gives a coworker a daily lunch time blowjob in a supermarket car park, said woman wonders why this fella isn't arsed about leaving his wife for her

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And people thought workplace sitcoms are finished. Jimmy's place clearly shows potential.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    You better hurry up and start banging her so.
    Never happening.
    I'm a twit

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh

What if you were single?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Oh

What if you were single?
    Hmmm dunno. Not worth thinking about cos it’s not how it is. I don’t think we’d have got as close as we are if either of us were single - something sort of comforting/safe about being best mates with a member of the opposite sex if both are taken and not looking to be unfaithful. Like we’ve had some serious chats about what people must think, and our intentions (be mates, and she’s told me off in the past for being too complimentary about her appearance), but it genuinely all feels above board.

I feel lame as fuck saying it (especially with my brother likely reading ) but she’s made me happy at a time when I was miserable. If I’m so much as a little bit down or visibly sulky, she gives me the tough love SORT YOURSELF OUT treatment and she’s actually said it’s because she gets the same from me as I do her. Like if I’m upbeat, it’s contagious and she’s happy, so when I’m not, she doesn’t like it. Especially cos we spend so much time together. I dunno, it’s probably weird and inappropriate for anyone on the outside looking in but I’m just enjoying it while I can. Like I can’t imagine a day without chatting now, just a constant stream of conversation, a mix of finding each other hilarious or geeing the other up. She’s lovely, best sidekick ever.

Plus she buys really thoughtful gifts. Can’t wait to go to her wedding in Summer and show all her friends and family how class I am.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I could have written that...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need Mike's response here really, for balance.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s never met her
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it all feels "above board" send that post to your wife.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I think she’s already sick of hearing about her without having to read about her too
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Monday morning fun here. Everyone is breathalysed every morning and the tolerance is 0.0, anything over beeps red and at the very least you're booted off site for the day. One joker decided to pump a load of hand gel in the tester so the whole early shift has come in and blown red. Funny to us but H&S are flapping now because they aren't sure someone did it to cover their tracks (ie. was on a bender yesterday) so to prevent a pissed up geezer potentially crashing a telehandler or some such, they've taken the safe route and pulled the full site in and now they're queued up outside the nurse's office to piss in a pot.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piss tests are going to flag up someone for weed I bet. We've had to move away from them at our place because it stays in your system for so long that you could get blitzed in Amsterdam on the Friday before returning to the country and work on the Monday. You're fine but it's still in your system. Company insisted on zero tolerance, but there was an argument over the technicality being 'under the influence.' So they've changed the entire testing procedure now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's why we're saying it's a bit of a wild reaction by H&S but they don't see it that way. Although they all seem to have dispersed now and there's no way they've all had time to do it so I imagine someone with a brain has stepped in.

Another site down the road had to stop testing for all except when there was an incident because they kept losing all their welders to coke. Anyone in the industry will know a welder that isn't partial to a Santa's eyebrow is usually a shit welder.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some clown at my spot has apparently been caught positive for coke though his facebook post last weekend saying 'Friday Feeling' and a picture of a line racked up probably didn't help.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Some Monday morning fun here. Everyone is breathalysed every morning and the tolerance is 0.0, anything over beeps red and at the very least you're booted off site for the day. One joker decided to pump a load of hand gel in the tester so the whole early shift has come in and blown red. Funny to us but H&S are flapping now because they aren't sure someone did it to cover their tracks (ie. was on a bender yesterday) so to prevent a pissed up geezer potentially crashing a telehandler or some such, they've taken the safe route and pulled the full site in and now they're queued up outside the nurse's office to piss in a pot.
    Every single morning? Christ.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the women in work said she just seen something about that on TikTok this morning.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Some clown at my spot has apparently been caught positive for coke though his facebook post last weekend saying 'Friday Feeling' and a picture of a line racked up probably didn't help.
    One of the girls I went to school with got her kids back from Social Sevices, only to put similar pictures on Facebook, get grassed up and have them taken away again. The blow up afterwards where she tried to find the grass was equal parts tragic and hilarious. Yes love, they're the problem. People really can be spectacularly thick.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    What do you do that they need to be THIS hot on booze?

Plus, don't bread and oats contain alcohol (0.5% proof, iirc), so wouldn't a couple of rounds of toast be enough to have you packed off home? Or using mouthwash.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am pretty sure the Railway is 0.5% rather than a flat 0.0%.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    What do you do that they need to be THIS hot on booze?

Plus, don't bread and oats contain alcohol (0.5% proof, iirc), so wouldn't a couple of rounds of toast be enough to have you packed off home? Or using mouthwash.
    It's our Client's policy. Fuck knows why.

Bread, oats and mouthwash don't seem to set it off. Poppy seed bread gets you sent home for opiate use until they run it through the lab to check you're not a closet heroin user.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the costs associated with doing all this must be peak, peak sillybollocks.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breathalysing people on the way into work is proper weapons-grade arse covering. I'm sure any such environment needs everyone to be sober to operate the machinery, but surely most places go on the is he slurring speech / stumbling as he walks test.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve heard of it before but I thought it was more of a random check at any point rather than strictly every single morning.

Surely if you fancy a day off you just eat some poppy seed bread and wait for the results to come back

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably the time off is unpaid and can take a while.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since eating bread isn’t illegal I’m not sure how they could get away with that.

But then again I work for the council and can get 6 months full pay off so what do I ken

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was working in a lab making specs I'd have failed a breathalyser most days, jeez.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably the time off is unpaid and can take a while.
    It's paid. Usually get results back in 2-3 days.

But drugs tests are a lot more infrequent (reasonable suspicion or post-incident).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's mental and anyone not taking the piss to get free days off should be ashamed of themselves.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more thinking how much poppy seed bread would I have to eat to get high? Sounds like a challenge.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's mental and anyone not taking the piss to get free days off should be ashamed of themselves.
    But then you've got to come in and get yourself hauled in for a test. Like I said it's not the norm like alcohol testing and simply walking up to the nurse and saying "test me" will set alarm bells off. Unless you fancied causing an incident on site you'd have to tip yourself off anonymously somehow.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I'm more thinking how much poppy seed bread would I have to eat to get high? Sounds like a challenge.
    You'd probably burst your stomach before you did.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Hmmm dunno. Not worth thinking about cos it’s not how it is. I don’t think we’d have got as close as we are if either of us were single - something sort of comforting/safe about being best mates with a member of the opposite sex if both are taken and not looking to be unfaithful. Like we’ve had some serious chats about what people must think, and our intentions (be mates, and she’s told me off in the past for being too complimentary about her appearance), but it genuinely all feels above board.

I feel lame as fuck saying it (especially with my brother likely reading ) but she’s made me happy at a time when I was miserable. If I’m so much as a little bit down or visibly sulky, she gives me the tough love SORT YOURSELF OUT treatment and she’s actually said it’s because she gets the same from me as I do her. Like if I’m upbeat, it’s contagious and she’s happy, so when I’m not, she doesn’t like it. Especially cos we spend so much time together. I dunno, it’s probably weird and inappropriate for anyone on the outside looking in but I’m just enjoying it while I can. Like I can’t imagine a day without chatting now, just a constant stream of conversation, a mix of finding each other hilarious or geeing the other up. She’s lovely, best sidekick ever.

Plus she buys really thoughtful gifts. Can’t wait to go to her wedding in Summer and show all her friends and family how class I am.
    Fair play, Baz. The deviant in me wants you to try seducing her, but the rest of me thinks this is just a very nice friendship.

It does pose the question, however, whether male and females can be just friends if they find each other attractive. I mean, it's easy if one is butt ugly, but if both a reasonably attractive, it might throw up some thoughts.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've still not heard about the IS job, eight days later. Tbf they said they're in no rush.

Also come to the crushing realisation that while I love the people I work with, and the company who have been very good with me, I fucking HATE my day to day job. I need more than 'yes doctor we have your email our team will respond withing five working days' x20 a day.

Another interview tomorrow anyway.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're very up and down.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    I've still not heard about the IS job, eight days later. Tbf they said they're in no rush.

Also come to the crushing realisation that while I love the people I work with, and the company who have been very good with me, I fucking HATE my day to day job. I need more than 'yes doctor we have your email our team will respond withing five working days' x20 a day.

Another interview tomorrow anyway.
    Are there any other tasks you can take on or asked to be trained in? That's probably the thing that stops my job being mind-numbing.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Are there any other tasks you can take on or asked to be trained in? That's probably the thing that stops my job being mind-numbing.
    I'm a liaison for another team, so weekly meetings should help. Except the team I am the liaison for has been that hammered of late there hasn't been a meeting in three months.

It's more just tedium of this line of work. I'm good at it but cannot be fucked anymore.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    You're very up and down.
    Always up, just having a wee moan.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a liaison for another team, so weekly meetings should help. Except the team I am the liaison for has been that hammered of late there hasn't been a meeting in three months.

It's more just tedium of this line of work. I'm good at it but cannot be fucked anymore.
    Yeah, I get that sometimes. The basic stuff is really fucking basic. A whole day of that drags. At least when we had phones at our desk, a call could sidetrack you for a good few minutes.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interview done. Feel it was the best interview I've ever had, they were laughing along to some of the retail horror stories etc. Also helps being an internal candidate as have most of the base knowledge already there. Let's have it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've really sprung since ditching the Mrs.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pussy only holds a good man down.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-biggest-trial

Very surprising results, hard to imagine how the companies could be doing just as good if not better with one less day of useless cunts knocking around every week.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must be out of your mind if you're against something like this for us common plebs. Would be the greatest life change for most people in a hundred years

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will just fill the extra day off with another job and inflation will go up because we're not allowed nice things.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will schools still be Monday to Friday? Teachers usually end up getting shafted, so fingers crossed they do again. No offence mo, scousepig, Mike and RL’s missus.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always up, just having a wee moan.
    Glad to hear it.