35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why it's news.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long has he been perpetrating the fraud?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    How long has he been perpetrating the fraud?
    Well, he’s 57.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women bring you so much pain and suffering and you think, fuck this. Im over to the other side.

I don't think they could ever bring me that amount of pain!!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will have been subject to a tabloid sting here. Which, by the way, is why it's news - because people love to read about it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any of the red tops went with, "Phil is out of the Broom Cupboard" as a headline?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the usual jokes flying about but when you watch the clip from Good Morning I don’t know how anyone can be as angry as people are being really. Fair play to him.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wild

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was bizarre about it?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    What was bizarre about it?
    It’s BIZARRE because he’s GAY.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be very tiring working on a tabloid.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be very tiring working on a tabloid.
    Imagine leaving university with your journalism degree in hand, all wide-eyed and enthusiastic and ready to change the world, and then.....

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than a local rag.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if you’re taking money.

Tabloid ‘journalists’ should have their head held in a bucket of water at birth.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I will spit on any journalist, just to stand up for them slightly, they don't write the headlines.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Print journalism is just fucked, you'd be about 25 years late if you did media at uni with the intention of making a nice career working for newspapers.

Has anyone been on the website for their local newspaper recently? It's a fucking shit show. My old hometown has a population of ~100,000, and the main newspaper seems to have one full time journalist, and the website has, BY FAR, the most irritating, intrusive adverts. If you scroll down past the article, they just have loads of shit like OMG THIS SINGLE MOM MADE $5000 AN HOUR WORKING FROM HOME IN NUNEATON. I don't even blame them, how the fuck could a provincial town's newspaper make money in the current climate?

I am absolutely part of the problem, but I think it's...an issue that my (our?) generation expects to get news for free. The problem is that the kind of money traditional newspapers used to make absolutely can't be replicated by online advertising and stuff. Despite being Tory rags, I kinda agree with the Times paywall model. It's very easy to say that the MSM is partly responsible for being out of touch, and it's also true that the internet has enabled independent blogs etc to fill the gap a bit, but there's absolutely no way that the kind of important investigative journalism that traditional news media used to fund can be replicated by little independents. Peter Oborne's blog post about the way the telegraph went to shit is a very good encapsulation of this.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that infotainment, propaganda and PR copy as news is, to a huge extent, a symptom of MSM not having the resources to do actual news stuff.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Coming out as gay' is a horrid concept in the first place. I was what you would call in the closet for years, not wanting to 'come out' because of the fear of it, and then in the end I did some stuff and thought you know what, why should I have to 'come out'? If anyone is really interested they can come and find me right here. They aren't, and I proceed as normal. No soppy social media posts, no press conferences, no announcement parties, and it's just less stressful this way. If anyone asks me certain things I kind of hint at it and either they get it or they don't, whatever. Then if at some point someone finds out third party or whatever and has a problem that I didn't tell them earlier then, you know, it's their problem, not mine.

I respect those who want to do it announcement style, if it works for them, but the tabloid idea that secret gays are lurking everywhere under cover of darkness waiting to be uncovered is fucking stupid and from the 80s if not 70s.

However, what I will say is it took me fucking years of mild torment and small a anxiety to reach this logical position and Philip Schofield grew up at a time when it was actually frowned upon, rather than just quietly looked down upon when I was a teenager and now it's seen as kind of ok, for the most part, at least in the West. It's not quite so simple as straight people think. But it should be.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that 'Miss Daisy' warehouse retard the first person to suss you out?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    'Coming out as gay' is a horrid concept in the first place. I was what you would call in the closet for years, not wanting to 'come out' because of the fear of it, and then in the end I did some stuff and thought you know what, why should I have to 'come out'? If anyone is really interested they can come and find me right here. They aren't, and I proceed as normal. No soppy social media posts, no press conferences, no announcement parties, and it's just less stressful this way. If anyone asks me certain things I kind of hint at it and either they get it or they don't, whatever. Then if at some point someone finds out third party or whatever and has a problem that I didn't tell them earlier then, you know, it's their problem, not mine.

I respect those who want to do it announcement style, if it works for them, but the tabloid idea that secret gays are lurking everywhere under cover of darkness waiting to be uncovered is fucking stupid and from the 80s if not 70s.

However, what I will say is it took me fucking years of mild torment and small a anxiety to reach this logical position and Philip Schofield grew up at a time when it was actually frowned upon, rather than just quietly looked down upon when I was a teenager and now it's seen as kind of ok, for the most part, at least in the West. It's not quite so simple as straight people think. But it should be.
    Thanks for your insight, Jim.

I think what's always annoyed me, as a STARIGHT MAN, is the fucking disingenuous way some straight blokes will roll their eyes and say shit like WHY DO THEY MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT?? WHY ANNOUNCE YOU'RE GAY, WE DON'T CARE MATE DO WHAT YOU LIKE!!

It can, and often does, come from a good place (from lads who genuinely DON'T care about someone's sexuality), but sometimes it get's a bit "why isn't there a WHITE history month"... deliberately reductive refusal to acknowledge the cultural and societal context. I agree that people shouldn't have to come out, but i think more power to those who choose to.

And people in the media who try to out people can get fucked.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine that if you’re not publicly “out” (and you’re not a famous person with circles of connections stretching infinitely in every direction) it must be hard to find guys to sleep with or date

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting because in a breakup when you have your partner defending you even after you have broken her heart. Its puts you in a great position. His pimp hand is strong.

Question. In order to be gay, do you only have to think about performing sexual acts with the same-sex or do you have to follow through and actually do it physically?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    I imagine that if you’re not publicly “out” (and you’re not a famous person with circles of connections stretching infinitely in every direction) it must be hard to find guys to sleep with or date
    Nah, you just pay them like Lily Allen did.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Was that 'Miss Daisy' warehouse retard the first person to suss you out?
    No, but he still does that and has other versions for other people. One of my colleagues gets 'Mar-leeeeen!' from Fools and Horses every time he walks past.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to put people who don't care about someone's sexuality in bed (oo-er) with people who want a White History Month is the reachiest reach that's ever been reached for.

It's like putting people who believe in 'One race, the HUMAN RACE' in bed with 'I don't care where you're from m8, you can fuck off back there'.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Depends what publicly 'out' means, for a normal person without a media/public profile you are only as 'out' as you are to the person standing next to you. Because there are so few gays around you have to go looking for them regardless of whether you're out or not, unless you head to places designed for this like gay bars, grindr etc.

If anything it would be more difficult for a celeb aiming to stay underground, as they probably leave some kind of paper/camera trail every time they do anything.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Trying to put people who don't care about someone's sexuality in bed (oo-er) with people who want a White History Month is the reachiest reach that's ever been reached for.

It's like putting people who believe in 'One race, the HUMAN RACE' in bed with 'I don't care where you're from m8, you can fuck off back there'.
    There's a dividing line between things like your post at the top of this page (genuine bewilderment as to why this matters) and people who are annoyed about having to have such things in their conscience and use that as a cover, which igor correctly identifies. It's pretty easy to spot which is which.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting because in a breakup when you have your partner defending you even after you have broken her heart. Its puts you in a great position. His pimp hand is strong.

Question. In order to be gay, do you only have to think about performing sexual acts with the same-sex or do you have to follow through and actually do it physically?
    It's about desire. If you want to get jiggy with a member of the same sex, you're gay. You can get gay Sincey's, chucking their jizz about and clocking up loyalty points at the local Sexual Health Clinic, but you'll also get gay people that are all Mahow about it. Rest assured, both Sincey and Mahow are equally gay in this scenario.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I've found very telling, is the amount of people OUTRAGED at his treatment of his wife. The same people wouldn't give a shit about a celebrity having an affair in any other circumstances - including if Phil had been having a go on another woman.

Anyway, it turns out my initial feeling of passivity was actually wrong, because the general response to this has shown that the world is still a much more homophobic place than I thought it was. The slurs may have been shamed underground, but the mindset is still strong.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, it turns out my initial feeling of passivity was actually wrong, because the general response to this has shown that the world is still a much more homophobic place than I thought it was. The slurs may have been shamed underground, but the mindset is still strong.
    This is my pattern of response with a lot of these things, from "I don't care and I don't see why anybody else should" to just being annoyed by the braindead reaction to it from the mongs.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's still a decent slice of society that, while not kicking your head in for it, will certainly think less of gay people. Some of that may be residual hurr-durr playground bullshit but the effect is much the same.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had a chat with this cunt.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it Taz?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye. Off to Brentford.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume he’ll be back with a few posts in a month or so.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask him how he feels about Daniel Sturridge now?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dat bun.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's Taz?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's Taz?
    Sorry, Don.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dat bun.
    We need more info.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about desire. If you want to get jiggy with a member of the same sex, you're gay. You can get gay Sincey's, chucking their jizz about and clocking up loyalty points at the local Sexual Health Clinic, but you'll also get gay people that are all Mahow about it. Rest assured, both Sincey and Mahow are equally gay in this scenario.
    It's my story to tell, prick.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living Life Lads

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    We need more info.
    It stops his nose knocking against his chin.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Thai guy is letting fly and 12 die.

He went to Terminal 21, tried to kill everyone and now he's on the run.

Corporal Jakrapanth, a known pyscopath, killed a squaddie and his wife over the rights to a gaff.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ooting-rampage
    Last edited by John Arne; 08-02-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post

I just had a chat with this cunt.
    Is it warm there?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, he has dark skin har har har.

Fuck off Baz.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but he has exceptionally hairy arms.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, he has dark skin har har har.

Fuck off Baz.
    I just assumed he meant no jacket

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    As did I. I wondered the same as it’s fucking freezing up here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    (I'm 99% sure he did)