Page 163 of 173 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,150 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Have until next Tuesday off, been off since last Thursday.

So ordered a 1tb usb drive, and now set the Xbox up with a GUI for emulation and filled that drive with everything I could from NES to PS2,, including PSP, PS1, Gamecube, Wii etc.

Emu works so so well on dev mode, and it's the ultimate machine for it.

Left 360 emulation as its not that good right now, and secondly what is the point.
    And three days later after a load of troubleshooting, wanting to cunt the xbox out the window and spending three hours manually adding missing artwork...ITS ALIVE.

Sorry about the vid quality, can't record in Dev mode. Everything up to PS2/Wii, bar 3DS as can't emu that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I ever get into the situation where my work machine ends up permanently in my possession, I'm thinking about turning it into an emulation machine.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diablo 4 is a fucking banger
    Been having so much fun with it and I'm not the biggest fan of dungeon crawlers.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diablo 4 is a fucking banger
    Is it good on console? I don’t have the time to play on computer but if it’s on my Xbox I might.

I shouldn’t though. I really wanna play through Baldurs Gate.

Why can’t I just win the lottery and be a house husband ffs.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can play on console but personally I find Diablo games a fucking drag if you're not playing with people.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just have some podcasts lined up. You'll be fine.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz you don't really like any good games so don't buy it

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz you don't really like any good games so don't buy it
    Did you play Diablo Immortal?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol no

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. Cos that was awesome.

From what I gather, this is like a souped up version of that.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also argue it's designed for consoles first, as evidenced by the distinct lack of any sort of search functions.

In any case I'd say you'll probably get your money's worth even if all you do is the campaign (and a bit of side stuff so you don't end up underlevelled for the latter parts of the campaign).
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-06-2023 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered Diablo 4 on my PS5.

I better like it.

Edit: Didn't play much tonight as I spent ages picking my class and making my character. Early impressions are good though and that intro cinematic was lovely.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 13-06-2023 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's banging.

Played a bit more today and I'm now up to level 12. Died for the first time at the hands The Butcher who absolutely fucking destroyed me.

Absolutely laughable with the ease at which he donned me senseless.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I had a similar experience with an early Butcher. Your build hasn't come online at that point yet he's at full strength.

I reckon if I had to sum it up, the game is great for the average player but a bit lacking for the minmaxers.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the Diablo train and playing as a Necromancer, I have the idea of being sort of a melee fighter that heals by whatever blood magic spells you can. It works well against minions because of Blood surge but not so much against bosses so far (although I'm able to kill anyone on the same level.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for a Rogue just for mobility and it's quite strong as it turns out, albeit very very squishy. Sort of fits the theme of an agile class surviving by always moving and avoiding hits rather than actual survivability I guess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I'm on the Diablo train and playing as a Necromancer, I have the idea of being sort of a melee fighter that heals by whatever blood magic spells you can. It works well against minions because of Blood surge but not so much against bosses so far (although I'm able to kill anyone on the same level.
    Necro boyz

I'm level 18 spamming bone spear and corpse explosion.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My PC is where most of my backlog lives now so I've decided to make serious inroads into the Master Chief Collection. I quite like how they touched up Halo Anniversary Edition. I don't think there's a more satisfying pistol in gaming.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deagle in Counter-Strike Source, surely.

I've not played Halo though.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever played CS (I was more a Team Fortress bloke) but that looks pretty tight.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could and will make a great list of best pistols.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The golden gun(assuming that counts as a pistol?) and the CoD4 desert eagle come to my mind other than the Halo pistol.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Nah I got 2 weeks more. Todays results puts me on 170 points, Santy on 180 and Millka on 225.

I just need to finish top 8 to qualify but still very demoralising.
    So... I qualified... and then this happened.

I beat the best guy in the league to get to the finals. I was miles ahead in game 6 to win the series 4-2 and an incredibly basic fuck up lost me the game. Devestating.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof. Still, second's alright. Do you get a payday out of that?

Also, I've finished Halo. That escape sequence was a bit tight. Also, fuck the Flood. Still gets me wishing Marathon was going to be a single-player campaign thing. I do like Bungie's brand of space bollocks.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No this was the qualifier for the payday. 4 seasonal tournaments and the winner of each one goes into a prize tournament.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No double elimination? That sucks. At least you know you can do it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Necro boyz

I'm level 18 spamming bone spear and corpse explosion.
    I'm at level 36 now, and still haven't left Fractured Peaks. As I'm usually something of a completionist when it comes to RPGs, so Diablo breaks my brain a bit in that everything respawns all the time. It's hard for me to resist a dungeon or an event when I come across it even if I've been down it before.

My build now is basically all the Blood skills. I did use Bone Spear a lot but replaced it with Blood Lance recently to maximise Overpowering and Blood Orb drops, basically. So long as I remember to run around and pick up all the blood orbs I generate, my character is pretty unkillable (unless I get stunned and hit with some really powerful attacks).

I sacrificed all my skeletons, and just run around with a Blood Golem that helps out a bit.

It's all pretty fun, but I can't help but feel Necromancer is maybe not the best choice for the Campaign lore-wise, as you are basically the same as what you are fighting the whole time. But I also think I might have gotten just a little too far into the campaign now to start with a new character... And I can't figure what that would be anyway, but probably Barbarian.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ive downloaded the new f1 23 which is more of the same. I really need to stop doing this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at level 36 now, and still haven't left Fractured Peaks. As I'm usually something of a completionist when it comes to RPGs, so Diablo breaks my brain a bit in that everything respawns all the time. It's hard for me to resist a dungeon or an event when I come across it even if I've been down it before.

My build now is basically all the Blood skills. I did use Bone Spear a lot but replaced it with Blood Lance recently to maximise Overpowering and Blood Orb drops, basically. So long as I remember to run around and pick up all the blood orbs I generate, my character is pretty unkillable (unless I get stunned and hit with some really powerful attacks).

I sacrificed all my skeletons, and just run around with a Blood Golem that helps out a bit.

It's all pretty fun, but I can't help but feel Necromancer is maybe not the best choice for the Campaign lore-wise, as you are basically the same as what you are fighting the whole time. But I also think I might have gotten just a little too far into the campaign now to start with a new character... And I can't figure what that would be anyway, but probably Barbarian.
    For what it's worth, finishing the campaign in one character lets you skip it on alts, but I guess that all depends on what you want to do with the game as a whole.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can/do you do after the Campaign?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can/do you do after the Campaign?
    How much mileage you'll get depends on what type of player you are. There's the ones that will level all the way to 100, which is quite the grind and then push nightmare dungeons (basically harder, quasi-infinitely scaling dungeons with affixes etc) and for the more casual player, if I was to guess you'll probably do a few of those and then just play a bit with a couple more systems that open up. Which Act are you at in the campaign?
    Last edited by Adramelch; 19-06-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my lad:

Changed my skills up to more blood/bone spear and I'm a lot squishier than my previous build but the AOE damage I put out right now is pretty nutty.

Finally completed Act I today, I keep getting side-tracker by smaller missions/cellars/events etc.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is Diablo Immortal on steroids.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its almost as if Diablo 1, 2 and 3 were a thing before Immortal.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's almost as if Diablo Immortal was a shit game that was made to earn fat stacks of cash.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you play it? I played Diablo 3 on release (real money marketplace says hi) but this is looks leagues above it. As did Diablo Immortal, which was insane for a "free" game, that also ran excellently on a phone.

Literally everything you've posted about your Necromancer, I did on Diablo Immortal. From looking into it, it's obviously a lot more vast, but the classes and skill trees are identical.

Looks awesome.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played Immortal for about 20 minutes, the intro didn't grab me. I only played it on phone, had I played it on PC I probably would have liked it more.

Never played Diablo 1-3.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the scale of the bosses in Chaos Gate. I like it when turn based things do this, same with the Gears Tactics final boss.

Also enjoyed that it let me man a crane and swing it into the fucker on the most recent one I did.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Wartales is on sale.

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    How much mileage you'll get depends on what type of player you are. There's the ones that will level all the way to 100, which is quite the grind and then push nightmare dungeons (basically harder, quasi-infinitely scaling dungeons with affixes etc) and for the more casual player, if I was to guess you'll probably do a few of those and then just play a bit with a couple more systems that open up. Which Act are you at in the campaign?
    Just finished Act 1. I'm at level 43 now. I've explored most of Fractured Peaks, but somehow only gotten 13/25 Aspects, even though I'm pretty sure I've gone through all the Dungeons on the map. Actually I'm a little confused as to how the map works because sometimes you see things on it and sometimes not, and it doesn't help you much in saying where you haven't been yet.

Here's my lad:

Changed my skills up to more blood/bone spear and I'm a lot squishier than my previous build but the AOE damage I put out right now is pretty nutty.

Finally completed Act I today, I keep getting side-tracker by smaller missions/cellars/events etc.
    What's your Basic Attack skill? I had the shadow scythe at first which I liked a lot, but it didn't synergise well with my other blood skills so switched to Hemorrhage which is fantastic as it leaves blood orbs everywhere (so if you are squishy that is the way to go tbh). It's just the attack animation is a little meh.

But basically the way my build is done is my attacks Overpower a bit all the time, which makes everything quite fun.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also it's a little annoying how the Necromancers always stand around like they have shat their trousers.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cellars will only show on the map when you're in the area. There's also the fringe case where you can see a dungeon or something on the minimap, but it's part of a subzone you haven't discovered yet so it doesn't show on the map. As for the aspects, the dungeon icon will have a little chest-thingy on the bottom right if you haven't done it.

You still have tons left campaign-wise.

My rogue:

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I see Wartales is on sale.

I'll be getting to that eventually.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished Act 1. I'm at level 43 now. I've explored most of Fractured Peaks, but somehow only gotten 13/25 Aspects, even though I'm pretty sure I've gone through all the Dungeons on the map. Actually I'm a little confused as to how the map works because sometimes you see things on it and sometimes not, and it doesn't help you much in saying where you haven't been yet.

What's your Basic Attack skill? I had the shadow scythe at first which I liked a lot, but it didn't synergise well with my other blood skills so switched to Hemorrhage which is fantastic as it leaves blood orbs everywhere (so if you are squishy that is the way to go tbh). It's just the attack animation is a little meh.

But basically the way my build is done is my attacks Overpower a bit all the time, which makes everything quite fun.
    Hemorrhage as well.

The previous build I was using had skeletons as well as mages but the new one only has mages hence the squishiness as I'm targetted more.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a really strange bug today:

They were stuck in the wall and I killed about 6 enemies including an elite. When I stopped to save the video the skeleton managed to teleport through.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's all sorts of mobs stuck like that typically close to Altars of Lilith. My guess is they are meant to spawn when you approach to ambush you, but something is off in the code.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hemorrhage as well.

The previous build I was using had skeletons as well as mages but the new one only has mages hence the squishiness as I'm targetted more.
    So sacrificing the Mages gives you like 40% more overpower damage which is really nice if you keep finding ways for your attacks to overpower, which is quite easy with a Blood build.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I had the madcap idea that a sealed copy of AEW Fight Forever might end up as a bit of a collectors item, before playing it and realising it is very bad.

So now I have an expensive paperweight that is depreciating in value every week.

Toggle Spoiler

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half the most valuable games out there are shite. If it isn't mass produced and doesn't sell you might make a little profit down the line.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Fight Forever would've got that big a print run. As more people switch to digital, the physical stuff might be considered more collectible.

The only things I've got of any value seem to be Gamecube games and Yakuza 2.