User Tag List

Page 38 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was considering doing the same but I was put off by the thought that everyone is doing the same and the market is going to be flooded with them. It's not like the Sancho card is all that desirable either.

It's going to be interesting to see how the market reacts over the past week. I am planning to pick up Aubameyang, Hazard, De Dear and VVD.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's my worry.

Is there a glitch to quit when level without losing?

It's happened to me twice now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by five time View Post
    A little risky maybe. They could rerelease the SBC and ask for an English IF this time in which case he probably drops.
    Someone from EA apparently confirmed the requirements would be staying the same.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8-14.

My team felt like it was wading through treacle and I lost to a complete shithead.

I'm quite close to deleting my club now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Yeah, that's my worry.

Is there a glitch to quit when level without losing?

It's happened to me twice now.
    Yes. There's a no loss glitch going about, though I've no idea how it's done. You can be winning or losing and do it and the game wont count too.

It's not quite as community friendly as when the one in FIFA 17 was rife. That one saw the guy winning still get the win, but can you imagine getting to the 120th minute and being just about to win to have it done to you?

As for Nepenthez discussion on the previous page, I believe he is his own problem. He is obviously a very good player. I mean my skill rating of 18xx is nothing on his 2200 or so, but he seems to almost get locked into just trying the De Bruyne finesse shots, even though his normal dribbling at people playstyle seems to do the job on most occasions.

His other problem is his First Owner account got way too good, too fast and people are ragging on him for it. So much so I believe he just delete the club to start over.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won game 23 on penalties having been 2-0 down. 9-14.

2 wins from 7 needed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday with no decent content released.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9-15.

I seem to be exclusively playing people who have no interest in attacking whatsoever now. I think they might be bots.

Oh great, some cunt with Red Arnautovic.

EDIT: 4-0 up in 30 minutes (including 3 goals in the first 8 minutes) and it's a rage quit for 10-15.

No way was he good enough to have got that card.

1 win in 5 needed.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 18-11-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-2 to get to 13 wins.

Game 1. Walked past a somewhat poor player
    Game 2. Someone with a poor Dutch/Roma/Liga Nos Hybrid. I was battering him in the first half but couldnt get more than 1 goal lead then a switch flipped and his team became vintage Barcelona. i lost something like 6-5.
    Game 3. Lost 3-2 in ET with 10 men. Very even game no real complaints apart from Gabriel Jesus is stupid good.
    Game 4. Rage quit at 3-1 (after a lovely chip from Firmino) gives me a win with 10 men.

Makes me 14-10 over all. I dont think i will have a go at gold 2 as would have to win 3 of the next 6. Which is probably about do able with my current ratio but man this shit is triggering. Might smash a few SBs to make myself feel better as my 11-1 win on legendary between game 3 and 4 got me back into it

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    man this shit is triggering
    It is the most triggering thing I think I've ever experienced. 26 games of this is enough to send anyone over the edge.

Game 26 and I've done it.

A 3-0 win with both Ben Yedder and Promes getting their 200th goals for the club takes me to 11-15.

With 4 games left I could technically get Gold 3. Which while unlikely isn't actually impossible. My form wouldn't even be positive if I won the last 4 games and I have faced some proper shit in the last two games.

Whether I want to put myself though that is another matter.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend league extended 24 hours. That's come far far too late. That means I'll probably only play 5 games tonight.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Yes. There's a no loss glitch going about, though I've no idea how it's done. You can be winning or losing and do it and the game wont count too.

It's not quite as community friendly as when the one in FIFA 17 was rife. That one saw the guy winning still get the win, but can you imagine getting to the 120th minute and being just about to win to have it done to you?
    I got this on when on pens today when 5-3 up. Fecking annoying as it was when I was 16-9 and ready to bow out with the next win.
    As for Nepenthez discussion on the previous page, I believe he is his own problem. He is obviously a very good player. I mean my skill rating of 18xx is nothing on his 2200 or so, but he seems to almost get locked into just trying the De Bruyne finesse shots, even though his normal dribbling at people playstyle seems to do the job on most occasions.

His other problem is his First Owner account got way too good, too fast and people are ragging on him for it. So much so I believe he just delete the club to start over.
    You’re right, but I’d extrapolate that out to the broader ‘engaged’ community. Those who spend time on the visa and forums tend to be obsessed by wins and rewards - I am, in fairness. That’s ok, to a degree. I think what’s damaging is when people let that entirely dominate their play style. For me, it’s a positive, forcing me to sometimes switch up my style and cross the ball a bit (ugh) or use long lobbed through balls (ugh), but for others (about 50%+ in my experience) it involves exploiting broken mechanics and high percentage play, like the top of the box finesse or la croquetta-ing all the way to the box, etc

There’s been much discussion on EA and Reddit around this, with lots of ‘EA force me to play this way to win’ from the apologists.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend league extended 24 hours. That's come far far too late. That means I'll probably only play 5 games tonight.

Ffs. I’d have loved that - I’m off tomorrow so I could have avoided Friday sweat altogether.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that didn't last long. 2 defeats on the spin and I'll finish on 11-17 for the week.

I'd have taken Silver 1 before I started, but that it was a depressing slog to get there after Friday.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sancho is back out again. Apparently those who already finished it, can do it again and get to keep both versions.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Hector instantly back up to 40k from 28k.

Could have made over 1m coins there.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get any?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week is likely to be a good time to stock up for PL sbc.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FUTSWAP TRACKER

Everyone has 5 right?
    1. Freebie - Expired
    2. SBC - Expired
    3. SBC - Expired
    4. Weekly Obj (win 10 by 2+) - Expired
    5. Weekly Obj (Score 20 in Rivals) - Expired
    6. Squad Battle Reward (finish in silver or above) - Expired
    7. Play 3 online singles matches this week - Expires Friday
    8. Score 2 goals in 7 separate wins this week - Expires Friday
    9. Play 10 games in online game modes this week - Expires Friday
    10. Squad Battle Reward (finish in silver or above) - Expires Sunday 25th.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can confirm that loading in and quitting online singles matches counts for the obj. I typically played a few mins, not like squad battles where I load in and quit for loyalty.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like it could be fun.

https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/2047682

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just loaded up to collect my SB rewards to find I've missed out on Silver at some point last night, meaning I now only have 8 of the available 9 dished out. Am I still going to be able to get that Pedro?

Never managed to get any games in last night either, so it'll be a marathon session tonight. Having never played on the extension on a WL before I've no idea how that will go.

POTM Aubameyang is now down 50k to just under 510k. I've currently got 90k to hand. If I play my remaining 15 games I imagine I'll get the 4 wins needed for Gold 2 plus earning that Tah on Friday will probably net me Rank 1 in Rivals. That'll be 45k with another 65k on top. Selling Salah on top would only take me then to about 380k, so unless I get something in my packs it's looking unlikely that I'm going to be able to do the SBC.

Only giving 2 weeks to do this is quite annoying.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the servers being broken. I didnt get chance to play and im in Gold 2

I was told to try Mkhi. He is now my favourite card and I will be doing his special untradeable card. He has the ability somehow, to go past players and has the strength to hold them off. I dont know how he does it.

Looking at my club, I have so many players untradeable that im not even using. Its so annoying.

Umtiti
    kondogbia
    FUT CHAMP Hazard 84
    FUT CHAMP IF Plea 93

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing to be careful of with those CL/EL cards is that, even if their team reaches say the quarter-final, you aren't seeing the upgrade until March. Considering the SBC landscape, FUTMAS and TOTY, not even including players getting TOTW/POTM items, there's a lot of chance for something better to come out in the meantime.

I mean if you like him, do it. But you'll only be getting 1 upgrade out of it between now and February at a maximum.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh it’s not as great as it seems at first. Otherwise I might’ve sold Ramos, taking Fernandez for a little over a third of the price, but it’ll be April by the time he catches up.

Nonetheless, for those I’ve picked up I’m fairly happy. Mikhi was already someone I had in mind as a possible CAM for some time and is a very decent super sub for Talisca, who only lasts 65 mins of any given match. Milinkovic Savic already has a decent enough upgrade to justify inclusion and I loved loanee Telles early on so I felt the need to buy up a +2 version that’s guaranteed to go up another +3, particularly as 84+ full backs tend to be useable right through to TOTS as there’s so few of them with desirable skill sets and linking. Most leagues and nations have no more than one option.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news, got Alba in my SB rewards. With the 6 packs and 11k coins it was a nice way to start the week.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dortmund portion of the Sancho SBC is dirt cheap and is a pretty good pack for its cost. i only ended up with David Luiz but its a player I needed for the Chelsea SBC so all is not lost.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh I did it again since I got back all the players I submitted in it (featuring undesirable players from the likes of the Greek league and Eredivisie).

Got Javi Martinez, who I didn’t already own and is very handy in SBCs, and a couple of 82s, so it was at least break-even for me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to pick up the POTM Sancho, but those IF prices are pretty ridiculous right now. I have IF Zieler in my club (thank god I held onto him) so I only need one more, but it's still pretty extortionate.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    I would like to pick up the POTM Sancho, but those IF prices are pretty ridiculous right now. I have IF Zieler in my club (thank god I held onto him) so I only need one more, but it's still pretty extortionate.
    Thanks. I had every single germany and bundesliga player at my club besides Hector. Those prices are insane

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pogba hits 350 and Kante 300 I think I will buy. I am sitting on 2.2m right now. Maybe I should actually enjoy some players.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After sealing 17 wins from 27 on Saturday, I played out my three remaining WL games today for shits n giggles and the off chance I'd hit Gold 1. Lost 2-1 in the first with Hulk squandering 4 one on one's and the guy scoring a couple of long range finesses with POTM Hazard as usual, whilst having nothing else about him, so that was annoying. Moreso that then I brought in my new B Team for the next couple of games to try them out and won both comfortably.

New Rivals B Team:

Milinkovic Savic isn't quite the Anderson Talisca powerhouse at CAM I hoped for - he needs pace and agility upgrades - but I'm hoping once he reaches 87 it'll be a little bit more of a boost and he'll get there. He did score and assist in the two WL games, so it's a start. Immobile feels good - I'd love to try his IF but it's far too expensive for a B Team card for me. Definitely good value at 20k though. Matuidi is another who needs an IF to boost his shooting stats, mainly positioning and finishing, but he's not far off being as good as the previous years versions I loved. It feels like a nicely balanced outfit, which will sit pretty in Rivals for at least a couple of months whilst I continue to throw my coins at my FUT Champs side.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find playing FUT Champs in the last evening is always the best time. I have had 3 people quit on me this evening once I have gone ahead.

11-9 so far. Really enjoying this years FIFA.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I will just suck it up and fork out 39k for the Bundesliga IF. It's probably worth it in terms of the packs you get back - I just pulled Mkhitaryan from the Dortmund SBC for Sancho, so I could break even if I get lucky.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    I find playing FUT Champs in the last evening is always the best time. I have had 3 people quit on me this evening once I have gone ahead.

11-9 so far. Really enjoying this years FIFA.
    I’ve been saying it for years and Nep’s latest joins that thinking too. If only Friday wasn’t essential for me to get all my games in I’d stick to Saturday and Sunday.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF Robertson might be a good investment if you have coins free. He is hovering around 100k right now but when that pack supply dries up being the number 1 prem left back might be a money maker.

Also Swedish POTY out in an SBC. Easy and cheap.

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/17275/Paulinho/

Actually looks like he might be a decent supersub. 4* 4* High 80's pace, very high agility and balance.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did my first and second drafts of the year.

First has me complaining (year on year, this one) yet again about players with guests being matched up against single players in draft. Does my head in, out first round as a result (also my formation was awful)

Second, I drew a relatively average draft, but found the 442 with 2 CDM's I was playing with to be great for movement, Ndidi to be a beast and Bobby Moore magnificent behind him and managed to win the whole shebang.

Needless to say, shitty packs from the first, but a nice range in the win - Premium Gold Players, Mega Pack and Rare Gold Pack, or so I thought.

Best pull was Arnautovic ffs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it true that you get a pity token now if you lose in the first round?

Hoping to get on and at least make Gold 2 tonight. If you're lucky you can find guys who will quit out when behind in order to squeeze their games in. Happened a lot more on a 40 game weekend league though.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it true that you get a pity token now if you lose in the first round?
    Not for me...

Hoping to get on and at least make Gold 2 tonight. If you're lucky you can find guys who will quit out when behind in order to squeeze their games in. Happened a lot more on a 40 game weekend league though.
    I think it's partly the no of games, but also majorly that there's the 400 Div Rivals points at the end. That's equivalent to somewhere between a narrow win and a draw, so of course people will hang on. It's annoying, but I do myself, though there's rarely more than a couple of games any given weekend I'm completely out of at the end.
    Last edited by The Merse; 19-11-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do really like that aspect of it. Gives a real incentive not to rage quit. Learn to battle back in games. I quite often concede first these days so learning that I'd say is the key to my decent starts.
    How I transcend that into a full 30 game gameset though is another thing. I also dont know what I'll do when this Auba loan runs out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a night of FIFA that has been. I'd truly call that a marathon session.

I'll start with Aubameyang. What an amazing card that is. Every bounce bump and deflection goes his way. I had 5 games left with him from my previous update. Unfortunately for his stats, I went 1-0 up in 4 of those 5 games and the opponent quit. The last one was a loss on penalties. His final stats are spoilered below.

Toggle Spoiler

He left the team with me 17-3. That quickly became 20-4. Then from here it felt like the opponents kicked up a notch. The next game saw me come up against the worst rager I've ever met. He had a super team but I just about hung on in there. About 80 minutes in he invited me to a party and started spamming me with messages to distract me. I joined and could hear him through my monitor talking about how I was nowhere near his level and the usual insults. He scored in extra time to go 4-3 up and then started passing about the back talking shit as he did. Until he fucked up and played a Gerrard to Henry style backpass that gifted me the goal to take it to penalties. He even had a penalty to win it and had Ronaldo on it. He missed and then I won straight away in sudden death. I ran off and dabbed. This sent him into a 15 minute long raging rant at me(I know because I went off for a mini-break at this point and when I came back he was still going).

From 21-4 I went to 21-6, with 2 extra time losses. I also matched up against MattHDGamer as one of those. I tried my best but his Prime R9 was just too good. I'll look out for his video if he posts one with me in.
    The next game was a rage quit win. Putting me 22-6 and needing 1 win from 2 to grab Elite for the first time. The first game was a blowout. This guy was supreme at keeping the ball. I was chasing shadows all game.
    Came down to the last game and it was a constant pressure very attacking guy. I went 2-0 up quickly and thought he would quit. But a kick-off goal got him right back in it. From there it was end to end all game until Salah popped up just in time to restore the cushion and that's how it ended.

23-7. First time ever in Elite and I'm delighted. Hopefully it's a good TOTW as I'll be getting 70k, a 100k pack but more importantly a TOTW pack with 3 random players. This will discard for a minimum of 30k but then I also get a choice of 3 red players, with 5 to chose from.

The best part here is I was only outclassed in 2 of those losses. The other had I believe 4 penalty shootout losses and one to MattHDGamer in extra time. All of my losses were also to teams that contained at least 1 Icon.
    Another note is that it became significantly harder for me to score once Aubameyang was gone.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New update sounds pretty promising:

We have made some changes to reduce the effectiveness of defending by AI Teammates.

Increased the impact to fatigue of playing with defensive pressure.

To make a well-timed tackle more effective, we have increased the tendency of the ball to travel further from the dribbler after the tackle, increasing the likelihood that the dribbler will lose possession of the ball.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/433060/fifa-title-update-20th-november#latest

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you getting that intel?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Where are you getting that intel?
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/d...-20th-november

Sounds like a game changer if it works correctly.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone has Tah it’s worth noting that Neuer has crashed to 44k. Just picked one up as an investment now.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are folk enjoying this? I’ve just started to play again after the first week and it’s still dreadful.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I get even less enjoyment because I don’t know how to play. My record is still a losing one. I can’t remember the last FIFA I wasn’t 2.5:1 record at the minimum.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've introduced things this year to widen the skill gap. I like it, but doing that and removing any casual game mode has ruined it for a fair section of their audience.

I enjoy it myself, unless you get that gameplay that feels like everything is moving through treacle.

As for that patch, I don't think the AI defending will be nerfed too much, but the other two could be game changers. I've already found some success picking gegenpressing wankers off late in games thanks to well timed subs abusing their now shite stamina. This should further help.

The tackling mechanic is my biggest bug bear with it. The amount of goals I've lost through tackling but not actually getting the ball cleanly is astounding. I can't wait for it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished off POTM Sancho yesterday, picked up IF Plea for 38k and submitted him, my only expense for the SBC. I got Mkhitaryan, Javi Martinez, Danilo Pereira and a ton of other players, so all in all, well worth it. I didn't realise one of the packs gave you 24 gold players (7 rare). Never seen that pack before.