Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 3495

Thread: FIFA 18 - sponsored by capitalising the thread title

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I can't overstate how useful a five star weak foot is in this version.
    Yep.

I've not done it, but a front three of Son, Ben Yedder and (Barca) Dembele would be fucking obscene. Makes me want to start again just to try it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using Mané to give Keita some chemistry. I've got to Silver 1 on Squad Battles and then stopped. I'll carry on again and maybe hit Gold 2. I'm on Professional difficulty and so gaining just over 1,000 points per game. Might bump it up to World Class to see how it goes. That gives a 1.6 multiplier over the 1.0 you get from Professional.
    The 20 games through the week will most likely see me to Gold 2/1. That seems to be about the best value you can get unless you want to get in on that weekend grind too.

I did not like the feel of the formation or squad at all. Defence feels way too open and the front 3 felt isolated. I'd use some players again, Bailly and Dembele as well as Gueye felt pretty good. Keita also felt very good.

Might have to switch up to a 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2 see if I like them any better.

I

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a couple of 86 Sterlings today in anticipation of the YOPOTY. I might even do his card assuming it’s not outrageous.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love 4-3-2-1. I run it in my main side. Did you look at the squad instructions?

I would go right up to legendary. You are decent at the game (atleast from reading in here I gather that!) and legendary, especially on the worse squads is not bad at all.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was good at 17, this seems a different kettle of fish so far. Albeit I am playing catch up big time.

I'm just getting a feel for it before I try fiddling the finer details. I did do a lot better last year with a narrower formation though. If there's still the same weekend/wednesday split in prices I'll finish my games tonight and then sell up for maximum returns.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That I have to use twitter to find out who all of the man of the match cards are really is a shambles.

Today's Squad Battles games finished and another four 2,500+ point wins takes me to 75,768 points, meaning Elite 1 secured with a day to spare and currently only 6k off top 100. Not going to happen this week, but there's a genuine chance it might in the future if I can keep this form up. I've certainly averaged enough points over the last 16 games to get there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm down to my last 40 or so fitness cards and I can't be arsed to flood my club with bronzes at this stage to re-stock, so I'm running two teams again for the minute.

With Meunier, Promes and Cavani making up the numbers on the bench/reserves.

Excluding contracts etc. Rico has cost be 0.8 coins per game.

Things in my sights are finishing the De Bruyne SBC, but I'm fucked if I'm paying nearly 300k for the 6 big teams so will wait a bit and then it's onto Ruud Gullit, but subject to change depending on what team of the season brings.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Giroud IF is actually quite fun.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah do you exclusively play offline?

The forwards in team 1 there is disgusting.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some messing around with squad builders and it seems I could build the following team for 80k.

The only weakness I'm seeing is Lukaku at left back, however that could eventually be fixed by adding an Alex Sandro later on. Plenty of room for upgrades and IF cards about too. I could even afford it now if I was lucky.

Alternatively I could wait and play a little bit of the saving game. Get 100k more and build this:

I'll take any recommendations!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never got on with Seria A teams so I wouldn’t be touching the first one (I tried a Seria A/PSG hybrid and binned it after like 3 games). That latter team is pretty much THE meta team from this year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    @Yevrah do you exclusively play offline?
    I'll go online a bit,but it's mostly offline.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I'd go with team 2 from those above, it'll be much better.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are we expecting prices to drop by next week (TOTS)? I have never played FUT during TOTS release.

I am tempted to shift the expensive players in my squad and buy them back next week (Aguero, Hazard, Kante, Sanchez). I currently have 78K and I'm trying to save for Pogba.

If I am only going to make a few thousand I won't bother.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'd say the prices are already tumbling. That 2nd squad I posted above for example, you could go at that with 200k coins and come back with a lot of change.

On Xbox for example, Aguero has dropped 20k inside the last week, Pogba 18k, Kante 10k and Sanchez hasn't really budged. The problem you have is 2 fold now. This version has players still very valuable at this point in the game, due to everyone being able to get coins pretty easily. I've earned 70k in 3 or 4 days just through the start up boosts.

Your other problem is with TOTS last season came SBCs to get them as well of End of an Era SBCs. This kept the big players high in value. Unless you wish to make a new team I'd personally keep them.

In FIFAs before 17 the TOTS drop would destroy the market. They've gotten a lot smarter at prolonging the game and providing content now. They pretty much just gave anyone who had patience a free 91 rated striker Sanchez for example.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played to the bitter end on Squad Battles and finished on 103,696 points, which will probably end up being around 8k off top 100.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Played to the bitter end on Squad Battles and finished on 103,696 points, which will probably end up being around 8k off top 100.
    Thats big.

If i play every game possible, i finish elite one with about 80k. To get into the top 100, when i did the maths for myself. I needed to average about 2600 points per game as an average which for me is about 400 points extra per game. Not happening.

Playing the morning games on weekend between 12am and 8am is a massaive headache. They should just remove the time restrictions on the weekend.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you need to average about 2,500 ppg to get top 100 and I've hit just under 2,300 there.

Unless I face a seriously shit team the number of points I hit comes down almost entirely down to the custom tactics of the opposition, with anyone remotely open generally getting tonked and those teams that somehow manage to simultaneously park the bus and press you like fuck being the right pain in the arse.

I'm not going to be able to play anything like 45 games this week, so I might have a go on Ultimate when I do get back on and see if that's a better route to try and crack the 100. To do it on Legendary you basically need to score 5 in every game and then piss about maxing out the other skill point factors, which looks pretty tedious.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I bought a couple of 86 Sterlings today in anticipation of the YOPOTY. I might even do his card assuming it’s not outrageous.
    RIP me.

Once the panic selling is over I’ll probably lose around 40k

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's won?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sane.

You going to chuck the POTM in if the rest isnt too stupid? I imagine its endgame

Edit: actually it not been 'officially announced' but there was a shot of Salah doing the rounds with the trophy. No such thing for Sane though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking online and the updates are absolutely awful - I could barely tell that Salah had won.

If it is him, fuck me. I wish you could transfer card stats from one version of the same player to the other mind.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The salah poty card is mental.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salah and Sane are out. I'll wait a bit for the latter. In no rush as I have his PotM card.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went on to sell up my team to build that 2nd one I posted up a bit. Good thing I did, I'd slid back out of Gold 2 into 3. I'd no idea the point system was dynamic. Threw together the forwards and right half of the team, just need the Bundesliga lot now. Put in an extra 2 wins to get me just over 15k points. I didn't have enough games left to chase Gold 1. Raja really is my favourite player on FIFA.

I might go full on at it next week, but like @SincereTheRebel says it's those weekend games. The only way around that is to stack them. Finish the 4pm-midnight games in the last hour, stick around until Midnight to collect the updated squads and then go to bed. Do them in the 8am-4pm slot, then update the squads and do them too. You're going to need a good 2 hours each morning, but you'll get the games played.

I'm in 2 minds if to do this or try the weekend league.

Anyway, does anyone have a million coins I can borrow?

I'd advise people not to rush into this. Salah and Sane will both have these exact cards released in the PL TOTS. They'll be tradeable too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of those cards are just daft. I'll maintain though that my SIF Son will feel better in game than either of them. Weak foot is that important.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonaldo

I was hoping it would be Sterling so I could maybe replace Mahrez on the right as 4* vs 3* wouldnt be too bad of a drop off but from 5* to 3* might be a bit much.

Although looking at the attributes the Sane blows the TIF Son out of the water.

https://www.futbin.com/18/compare/16630/18845

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't bother doing those sane or salah cards. Give it a month and you can get a tradable team of the year version for about half a million.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say Salah and Mane affected my game in that way a little. It may well be why I didn't get on with them, constantly trying to force them onto their stronger foot. Their weak foot is terrible.

I've also noticed the bog standard low driven into the opposite corner no longer works 99% of the time. It's probably closer to 70% now. More than the odd one has flown by the post.
    I also see they still have done nothing to make fitness cards cheaper. Over 1,000 coins just for a bronze squad fitness is a little steep.

I didn't get anything in my SB rewards, but the boost to coins is nice. There's a nice little calculator here that shows you how many games you really need to play to get to a level.

I earn roughly 1,600 points a game, so I'd need the full 45 to be talking Elite 1 at this point. However if I set my sights a little lower, I could well make a push to Elite 2. Same pack rewards but 14k less coins. I'd need about 30 games to get that. If you assume the 4 a day plus the featured squad, I'd only have to find time for 9 games at the weekend. No need to stay up all hours.

The alternative, is to go and retry the DKT. Play 22 games of SB(that should see me to Elite 3) and give the weekend league a go instead. They've reduced the number needed to re-qualify for next week from 18 wins down to 11 now. Which is good as I don't see me being able to do a full 40 games in this version.

One of the above should see a nice steady flow of coins coming my way for now. As I've said before, a shame I didn't get back into this a month or so ago.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contemplating selling my Sterlings now (taking the loss), possibly selling SIF Mahrez and getting Eriksen to play on the right

https://www.futbin.com/18/compare/15...schem=100,null

That is Mahrez with the chem I have on him vs Eriksen with no chem.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends if you shift him in game or not. Eriksen is a bit wasted on the outside with that passing, dribbling and shooting, but low pace. A hunter card sorts him out a bit, but you want him in the middle really.

Just finished my first 4 games on SB using this team:

The addition of Radja has really put some confidence into my midfield. I ended up winning 4-2 and then three, 4-0 wins. There are limitations with the team, for example Willian and Jesus are often bullied off the ball but don't have the all out pace to get by either. But I'm doing alright with them for now.
    I've crept back over 30k coins and could now afford Alaba, however reading up tells me Alex Sandro is a much better left back. I wouldn't mind either, but the latter would cause a big rethink in the left side of the team.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked Alaba but I haven’t tried Sandro

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philadelphia & DC United players are selling quite nice. AZ too.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The premier league got SBCs for POTY and YPOTY. Does the other league such as Germany, Spain, Italy, etc. Get them also?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. The Premier League gets POTM award SBCs as well. The only SBC for other leagues you tend to get is for their previous years top scorer or best player. Like Griezmann for La Liga.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine that is something to do with image rights or something? EA pop up to Bundesliga teams and they play training mode games on youtube. It would be good if they did EA POTY awards and such for SBCs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's definitely something to do with that. Plus if they did them for every league, there's be far too many good cards ready for people to get. The whole lure of these POTM cards is they're only there for a week and then gone for good. Give people 5 different players a month and they're a lot less attractive.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've released another FUT swap card SBC to do. Costs about 8k and you get a premium gold pack back with it. It expires 16 hours from now, so worth doing ASAP.

The FUT Swap deals themselves run out in 40 hours. If I do the above mentioned SBC I'll have 3 cards to trade, assuming there are no more. That means I can have a Wendell or a Henderson, plus the one for a premium gold pack. Or I could just have one rare gold pack. If I they brought out another swap card I'd trade for Payet at 4, but that doesn't seem likely.

The POTY Sessegnon is also ending in 40 hours and is now down to 40k or so to do. It's tempting me a lot to do due to how cheap the card is. I'll have to decide pretty much Friday morning. I'll be at work all day Friday so I've no chance to leave it late.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...to-modify-them

Battlefront II seems as though it would have been legal. Other reports suggest the four illegal titles are: FIFA 18, Dota 2, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rocket League.
    Market crash!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    players fucking numbers are fucking switching fucking again

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I go for Henderson and packs or Cazorla with the swap players.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you planning on using them or throwing into an SBC? If the latter for for the better player.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Sane PotY.

Cost me about 350k + what I already had in the club.

Got reasonably decent rewards too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a review for him that said he feels like the fastest player on the game by a mile. I wish I could afford him.

Hows that POTY Sessegnon treating you?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's good, but I only have him on 5 chem at left back, so I think he'd feel much better if that were higher.

In some ways I enjoy the random second team more than the first one.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a tough one. I'd have to link him to some English to fit him in, but he's about 35k to do and looks a bargain for that price. Though if they do an EFL TOTS again this year he'll be in that.

I also found a tweet from EA that said the swap player SBC yesterday was the final one available. I can trade them for a Rare Gold pack, or get Henderson/Wendell and use the last card to get the premium gold pack.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive added Reus who is pure fire. I probably am going to transition to the elite cards now during the next month or so. Its about that time. Ive also added Muller MOTM 90 which is a little bit that his gold. Lewa has been good, but I want to upgqrade to his highest inform or his TOTY if it comes out. Ive tried Batsman and Wenrer in that postion, but I don't think them at all. Strength > Pace with my playstyle and Lewa in this system is just better. I did have Birthday Marinez 88 as a CDM but he wasn't special at all. I thought the Medium/Medium work rates would have been good, but FUTMANs Junc 82 is 1000x times better. He makes so many interceptions and that is exactly what I need him for.

I'm thinking to just move away from the Bundesliga and now go for another league. Does Portugal or France have cards to make an 85 overall team?

Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 27-04-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would probably be easy to do in France due to PSG having a lot of high rated players. A fair few being relatively cheap

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill wait until Bundesliga TOTS is released, and see what is popping.