User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 195 of 261 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,750 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming over here, taking our hand jobs...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha the Tories are absolute fucking morons. How can anyone vote for these people.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do human rights apply post Brexit?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same as before, so there is an election-winning fight to be picked with it all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Same as before but we're allowed bent cucumbers now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ECHR stepping in with injuctive relief after the Court of Appeal has rejected it and deined appeal to the Supreme Court probably strengthens the nutter position further, politically speaking.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're not an EU thing.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    They're not an EU thing.
    I thought that was the whole idea of brexit, so the EU couldn’t stop you dumping forrrins in the sea (or Rwanda). Well that and keeping all the pork pies or something.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was the whole idea of brexit, so the EU couldn’t stop you dumping forrrins in the sea (or Rwanda). Well that and keeping all the pork pies or something.
    That was just a smoke screen to fool the idiots, as if Brexit Britain wont be handing out visas to foriegners willy nily for trade deals.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ECHR is to do with the Council of Europe and [I think] predates the EU, and is broadly nothing to do with it. It has sway in the UK due to the Human Rights Act essentially incorporating the Convention into UK law and giving the Court final say on matters brought under the HRA. The 'parliamentary sovereignty' answer is to repeal the HRA, which is probably what quite a lot of the Brexit folk want anyway, so this might be a bit of a red rag to a bull type thing. It also gives the government the opposite get out of saying this is what they wanted to do [despite it being a manifestly mental idea] but those buggers over there in wherever have only gone and stopped us, the buggers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To not have understood the legality of a plan that you knew would be unpopular before announcing it is some going. The levels of incompetence are something else.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't really a determination of that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, that the plane's been grounded, for legal reasons?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter Dutton's the man to sort this mess out for you blokes

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    (This is a genuine question). What stops someone just buying a plane ticket and claiming asylum once they get here (other than cost, but presumably it's a lot lower than what they pay to get on the dodgy boats)?
    From what I understand, an airline (for example) will refuse travel if you don't have a visa in the first instance as they're at risk of being fined (or some similar punishment).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before: the hardest thing for a person is not the act of being fooled, but admitting that you've been fooled. So we'll have various fallacies for years yet in an attempt to validate Brexit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the biggest issue around anything Brexit related for me is that it doesn't have to be the absolute disaster that a lot of people think it is it could be a good opportunity to modernise the country and economy . I voted remain solely based on the fact that I felt the EU was the 'least bad' option. The issue is that the absolute spastics we have in charge are more interested in things like chucking 10 people on a plane to make themselves look good or returning to weights and measures scales that 95% of the country don't understand.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their voter base is predominantly white, retired people. Tropes like this appeal to them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What, that the plane's been grounded, for legal reasons?
    Aye, but not technically as a determination that the policy itself is illegal:

The Strasbourg human rights court - which is not a European Union body but is part of the Council of Europe, which still has the UK as a member - said an Iraqi man known as KN faced "a real risk of irreversible harm" if he remained on the flight.

The court said he should not be sent to Rwanda until the full decision on whether the government's policy is legal is made by the Supreme Court, which is due in July.
    It will be interesting to see what happens if the Supreme Court sides with the government at the full hearing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for the "it's not illegal, just a really shitty, evil, immoral thing to do" verdict.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a sovereignty person I would have voted Brexit regardless, but it's been a bit of a mixed bag up to now. The European laws (not necessarily Brexit-related) need to go, and the protocol needs to be binned or at the very least watered down to the point where hard line Unionists can wear it. This was (unfortunately) always going to be a process - the freedom to achieve freedom, to coin a phrase - so I can wait for that. On a more practical level, the appeal of the vote was that it had the potential to shock the country into taking its decline seriously. This has been the major disappointment, as the reverse seems to have happened from all angles. Maybe an openly pro-Brexit Corbyn government would have been the best bet, but they BOTTLED it as well.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only we had a Progressive Alliance in place to make the existing divisions even more entrenched.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Maybe an openly pro-Brexit Corbyn government would have been the best bet, but they BOTTLED it as well.
    In hindsight, he would have been the working class hero had he not toed the party line on that one.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't he have had to get that voted through some arcane democratic mechanism within the party? Would never have got away with it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might have lost half his existing MPs to The Independent Group (lmao) or the Liberal Democrats, but I reckon he could have carried the weird little committees and recruited enough new stiffs to stand for election.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front bench is the fuck bench.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phwoar bench.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    He’s pretending to play the piano on her stupidly large amount of bookmarks sticking out her folders

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was worried the pensioners weren't going to get their triple lock back in time for the next election. What a relief, and completely non-inflationary, unlike general wage rises.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted Remain purely because I don't think there is a goverment of any stripe capable of delivering a Brexit that notably improved what we already had.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old notion that you get more conservative (right-wing, if you will) as you get older will really be tested in the next decade. Anyone under 50 is being completely alienated by this Government in the name of keeping this shower propped up in Westminster for another term, to the point that they'll probably never bring themselves to vote for them. The next lot of pensioners will be furious they've missed the gravy train by a handful of years whilst everyone of all ages will be stumbling through another once-in-a-lifetime recession.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of it is powered by something more powerful than politics, i.e. straight nostalgia and feeling unsettled at the world being different to the one you grew up in. That is pretty timeless.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, the 'back in my day.' bullshit. Where the day very much shifts depending on what point you're trying to make.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    The old notion that you get more conservative (right-wing, if you will) as you get older will really be tested in the next decade. Anyone under 50 is being completely alienated by this Government in the name of keeping this shower propped up in Westminster for another term, to the point that they'll probably never bring themselves to vote for them.
    This is right. I always voted Tory but I’m getting progressively more liberal in my outlook and it’s being put in place by this government veering harder and harder to the right wing.

I’m no fan of unions but I saw something earlier that a minister said they will be putting in place things to stop rail workers striking in the future, the anti protest laws, going after the BBC constantly and the immigration stuff is all just putting me to a place where I can’t see myself voting Tory again but at the same point I refuse to vote Labour out of principal.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only 'right wing' thing this government is doing is Rwanda and selling Channel 4, and they haven't done either of them yet. Literally everything else is what Ed Miliband would have done.

EDIT: Actually I suppose the fact we haven't immediately folded and aligned with every European regulation is something, but there is still time.
    Last edited by Lewis; 21-06-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brexit and the Immigration bollocks are both very right wing, but they're not what have alienated most people. The alienation has come from the widespread corruption on every front.

I see today there's talk of Bozza trying to loophole his Mrs into a cushy job before he became PM. All the makings of a SCANDAL and yet, most can barely muster a shrug because its just what's expected of the cunt at this point.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corruption is very conservative. Bringing us back to the old times.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sleaze and Quangos?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spikes, she wasn't his official missus at the time tbf. He was still married to someone else.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had record immigration in 2021 (and by some amount as well). You have to wonder what reality people live in when they talk about us having a 'far right' government. If only.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of them are far right ideologically but fortunately for us, also fucking useless.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not forget granting themselves the right to criminalise any protest they want at a moments notice. Although the far right and the far left share that one.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could already do that. I don't agree with it, but it's not evidence of creeping fascism like some professional idiots think.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Brexit and the Immigration bollocks are both very right wing, but they're not what have alienated most people. The alienation has come from the widespread corruption on every front.
    Brexit is a fairly radical concept and so is quite difficult to square with traditional conservatism, and as evidenced by subsequent elections it cut across the established political divide [and established a new political divide] between the alienated and the enlightened.

The governments of the post-Thatcher years have all variously driven the 'alienation' [Thatcher also did it but in a different way] which manifested itself in the EU referendum.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest issue for me is the rank incompetence. Things were just about being held together when Cummings was kicking around and whatever one thinks of him he does appear to work hard and get shit done. Since then, it's just been one lazy fuck up after another, 'covered' by incredibly bad lies.

If Starmer doesn't get his shit (and most importantly his own ticket) together and win the next election then fuck me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing will change under Starmer.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His fucking handling of these rail strikes has almost been a bigger shambles than anything Boris has done. The fucking government/country is on its knees and instead of going balls deep on it he's busy sending passive aggressive messages to the party group chat.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starmer's Labour are diet Tory.

I don't think they will lose as many votes as you think. My in laws are absolutely being affected negatively by the last ten years of tory government but when it comes to voting they just out the cross in the box. Like that guy on the Hartlepool by election blaming Labour for the recent closure of the police station and hospital facilities, there is no reasoning with some people. The only way the true blue lot will be shaken out is if Boris' successor isn't white, that will put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    Last edited by Lofty; 21-06-2022 at 10:00 PM.