User Tag List

Page 205 of 206 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206 LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,250 of 10299

Thread: The little things in life that fuck you off

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evri have shoved a "Sorry I missed you" card in the door but when I go try to use the number on it to track on their website it doesn't recognise the number. Fucking great.

Apparently they'll try again the next two working days but I will also be out for parts of them so they'll no doubt arrive when I'm out those days too and since I can't track it on their app, I have no way of telling them a safe place to leave it. Fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many delivery companies are just rank. I had so many issues with one delivery from DX that the company who were trying to send me something told me that they'd switched back to Parcelforce rather than deal with them over a lost delivery again.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Royal Mail are shit now too. I ordered a sim card from Lebara and waited like a week and a half for it. No sign of it so I contacted them and just got them to cancel it. It arrived the next day.

I then ordered a sim card from Talkmobile. It hadn't appeared for two and a half weeks so I contacted them and they were like "it must be lost, we'll send you another". Fine, I said yeah. They cancelled the original lost one. Eventually a Talkmobile sim card came through the door the other day. It's the first one from them that they cancelled.

Probably not surprising given Royal Mail got fined recently for delivery times and they're supposedly prioritising parcels over letters at the minute as they make more money on the former. Fucking annoying though. Renationalise the cunts. Fuck their shareholders.

Also my current phone provider is gonna stop working on January (Plusnet mobile) so I'm going to be without a phone at this rate.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently had a Yodel delivery.

Day it was meant to come after a while I was next in line and my driver was close. I then refreshed my page a minute later and it says that my driver missed me (I was in and looking out a window into the front garden) with the item now being at the depot.

Obviously no card was posted through the door as no one ever came.

I guess it never went onto the van, so why lie?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done that song and dance with Yodel before. I wound up going to the depot and picking the package up from there. "Oh, there must've been a new lad on the vans." is their go-to excuse.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now is it Yodel who became Evri or was that a different one? I know they rebrand like a shit Just Eat dark kitchen every time reviews get too shit even for them.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yodel used to be Home Delivery Network or something. Evri are tied to Hermes.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah that's it. They've been shite under both guises too.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it was delivered today again when I was out. Came back to find it just left on the doorstep in the rain. Great service, thanks.

Thankfully the thing inside is okay.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mum once sent a surprise TV as a present for the kids room one time. It was Evri that it got passed to. She messaged me on the day saying I should expect a delivery. Was pissing it down all day so I was relieved to get back to not find it on the doorstep. No delivery the rest of the day though. Called my mum the next evening to ask when they're rearranging it for to her confusion. She had got delivery confirmation the previous morning.

I checked out front again and nothing there so I got her to chase it up. Went out to take the bins around later that evening and there it was on the inside of the back gate. The cardboard on it was completely sodden from sitting there in the rain for a good 2 days. Fucking useless people.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early dart from work and finished for Christmas, thought I might treat myself to a golden arches delivery since it's payday, £7.29 delivery on Uber Eats the thieving cunts.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as well the delivery drivers haven't unionised, it'd be £14.99 and they'd only deliver it if they could really be arsed, definitely not at Christmas.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah well, rail fares go up again in 11 days, best start planning my extension.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following on from my travails in the Christmas thread, a different child has just vomited in the car park of a trampoline park 45 minutes drive from home.

FML

In other annoying things, that Klopp peleton advert. Half thought the acting had got to him and he was doing some weird performance thing for the crowd last night when he dropped his ring.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a great manager but he's one hell of a strange German.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there's probably an extent to which gravity dictates that this be the case, but why are the filters on washing machines always designed so as to be so close to the ground that when you have to open them it is nigh on impossible to stop the inevitable flood from going everywhere?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve also thought that
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing for the water tray on a tumble dryer. Or why not just have the warning a little bit before it's brimmed?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never even encountered a water tray before, although the one on this machine isn't too bad. I assume all previous tumble dryers I've had have been directly vented, does that remove the need? The weird thing is this one is plumbed in [ie it has a waste which goes into the drain] - what is that for if it still has a massive fuck off water tray that is always filling up?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the one I have gathers the water in a tray so you don't need the vent at all. I got it second hand for handy money but it's probably only really useful in an apartment or something.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A condenser dryer is the one with the tray. I have one too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I get that, but what is the waste pipe for? I assumed it would take the condensed water directly into the drain, without the need to empty the tray, but apparently not. Admittedly, this isn't my area of household expertise/responsibility and I haven't really made any effort to see if that is possible, it just struck me as something that should happen by default if possible.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Yeah, I get that, but what is the waste pipe for? I assumed it would take the condensed water directly into the drain, without the need to empty the tray, but apparently not. Admittedly, this isn't my area of household expertise/responsibility and I haven't really made any effort to see if that is possible, it just struck me as something that should happen by default if possible.
    I think the whole reason for them is that they're self contained with no need to plumb in any vents or drains for apartments and the like.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dehumidifier crew are pitying the dryer crew.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On your washing machine? I dunno.

Is it something like this? https://www.ahs.com/home-matters/rep...-you-need-one/

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's on the tumble dryer. It has a waste hose which I had to divide the washing machine waste to accommodate, only to find it apparently does fuck all.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hands up if your washing machine is in a outside area and so the water just flows into the drain

But yeah, why on earth wouldn't in drain through the pipe??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some people have the dryer in rooms without the pipe work (eg. upstairs). When we bought our first house the owners had theirs upstairs in the little box bedroom, which was converted to a dressing/laundry room. Therefore a lot of dryers on sale are that condenser type.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours has a water tray too, the wife is eyeing up a fancy one to match the washing machine though, hopefully that has a pipe to empty the water out to save me doing it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, prepared to be disappointed by the pipe.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like his wife.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, prepared to be disappointed by the pipe.
    My only hope about the whole thing is that it plays a different jaunty tune to the washing machine, or they someone sync up and do a duet.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mrs agreed to have her twins younger two kids overnight so she and her fella could have a night out.

The youngest is 6 and I'd bet my house on him having some kind of ADHD. The kid cannot stay still at all. Bouncing off the walls, humming or talking all the time. Cannot be not doing something either. Even when we put a film on for him he'll sort of walk around the room while watching it. He was also up at 5am. Exhausting.

I think the worst part is the parents clearly never say no to him. Of the kids in the house he was the only one opposed to what film was suggested. He gave it the "But I want this film on" and when we still said no, we got a full tears breakdown. The parents are due to pick up soon and I might throw him down the path at them and lock the door behind him.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang on, there's a fit Famileigh daughter?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably gets run through by the brothers and dad on a rota.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ, Jimmy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TikTok will be the death of our society.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7am as well. What a start to the week.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Jesus christ, Jimmy.
    He's not wrong though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't, she'll have an OnlyFans in no time.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needed something to justify driving around while my lad fell asleep and remembered last weeks snow outing my white car as borderline brown, so went to a carwash. I’ve a shed full of expensive car cleaning products and a karcher but I’m lazy, so off I go. £10 includes a dry with ‘cotton for extra shine’ okay sure. Rip off. Didn’t even clean the windows properly so I’ve just done them myself. Lesson learned.

Although there is a fancy sounding steam clean one a bit further away, but I’m always put off cos it’s on a busy road and I don’t understand where the entrance is. Plus steam = antibacterial? Who needs that.

Will give it another month and try somewhere else. Got my eye on one towards a posh area that might be good, but never seems open.

But at least my son enjoyed the experience of the car being washed by Albanian teenagers, and was asleep 10 minutes afterwards. Top dad out.
    I'm a twit

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post

Hang on, there's a fit Famileigh daughter?
    Eye, she is tidy. But imagine being taken home to meet her family. Fuck that.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eye?

Was pedal stool pretending or is he actually retarded?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he’s a from the South. Talking like an extra in Emmerdale Farm.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ear ear.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Eye?

Was pedal stool pretending or is he actually retarded?
    Twas a genuine mistake. Add it to the list.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure where to post this so I'll do it here.

My Grandma died this morning, she was 81 and had dementia but seemed fairly well health wise. It all changed pretty quickly about a week ago when she picked up the flu and it seemed to start a snowball effect which saw her vital organs struggle to cope. She quickly became unresponsive, was unable to eat and barely moved.

My Mum managed to fly out yesterday and got to say goodbye (along with one sister) to her yesterday.

It all just feels so quick how it happened and very much like what happened to my Dad. Was fine then one thing seems to cause everything to spiral massively.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother in law died had dementia and died very suddenly too - literally a phone call one morning to say she'd died in the night. I think it's quite common.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that Mahow.

A quick deterioration or sudden catastrophic event is definitely the way to go out though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your loss Mahow.

My stepdad is 75 and had a few things crop up this week, vitamin deficiencies and bleeding ulcers, can't say it hasn't crossed my mind given his age.