User Tag List

Page 312 of 373 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,600 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fully agree, Ben. Another good Bloodline show in general to be honest. I assume it's still gonna be a Sami/KO vs. Usos tag but if that's with Jey turning heel they're doing a really good job to me of making it seem like that isn't the way they'll go as at face value this should be Jey returning on Smackdown next week to defy Roman in some way.

The Roman / Jimmy backstage bit was really good too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I see it you can either have Jey return to spare his twin the beating, with him likely walking into one himself for his absence. You then give Jimmy the same choice that Sami had with the chair. Or something along that lines, if you're taking the bloodline away before Wrestlemania.

Or you double down on heel Jey and he slots back in having seen Sami boot his brother in the face twice.

I really hope they dont take the boring way out with this story and actually have Roman go full paranoia and eventually push Solo away too. I will say they've also protected Solo very well through this. He looks like he could be the next big star in the family.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They hold the titles and it's WrestleMania so I'll be incredibly surprised if it doesn't pivot back to Uso and Uso by April. No way do they do a fucky title change or just not have them on the show at all. If it was a different PPV then I'd believe they could go in the babyface Jey direction, but not here. Jey turning on Sami creates the heat that match will need.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say when the Bloodline properly and finally fractures Solo should just walk away in Reigns' hour of need. He was sent by 'the elders' to be Roman's enforcer. When he proves himself incapable of leading the family they tell Solo to stop protecting him and you can do as you like with him from there.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jungle Boy vs. Christian has been added to the Revolution card in a “Final Burial” match. Rumours that Christian’s contract is up so this is writing him off.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I don’t rate him, I’d definitely pop for a CM Punk return.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he says he’s really sorry to the Elite so they can carry him to a 5 star match.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's more chance they'll drop him on his head on the first night back.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk won't be going up for their Meltzer Driver, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone staying up for it?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Briscoe is good fun. Why’s it him with the Lucha Bros and not Death Triangle though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a wonder there's any blood left in Jon Moxley.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reviewer I tend to read on 411 when I just want results hated that Moxley / Hangman match.

Why does Mox just bleed all the fucking time now?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of me thinks it must be a coping mechanism to stop him relapsing on alcohol.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF just needs to sign with WWE already

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to need a while to get through this. Match times alone add up to over three hours, not including entrances, promos, angles, hype etc.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck them kids.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top work from MJF, I hope he didn't apologise. Keeping kayfabe and all that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks good for heat but I don't really like when people go out of their way to target kids for that stuff.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great PPV.

Fantastic iron man match.

And yay, FTR.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems via clips of RAW I’ve seen they’ve abandoned 6 months of storytelling and just done a reset with zero depth. Vince is back baybay.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said I hoped they wouldn't take the boring way out but they've done it.

I see we're also back to the ONE LUCKY PUNCH thing with Logan Paul.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought Logan Paul was quite good, that punch needs in the bin though.

I reckon Reigns beats Rhodes

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Buckshot Lariat is better than Hangman's.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    I reckon Reigns beats Rhodes
    I think Cody wins but it's by no means a dead cert. I'd say there's still a 20% chance in my mind he retains.

If Jey and Jimmy are now straight up heels until Mania the Bloodline story is definitely rumbling on until later in the year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Reigns wins, who beats him? GUNTHER is surely the only candidate left.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince comes back, has Goldberg beat him in Saudi.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    If Reigns wins, who beats him? GUNTHER is surely the only candidate left.
    The Celtic Warrior will hit 2010 form again

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dynamite was tragic last night. Fresh off a hot PPV, they decided to give most of the victors from there the night off just to make sure they don't capitalise on any momentum, apart from Orange Fucking Cassidy who must have some kind of evidence on Tony Khan because he's fucking everywhere but the gimmick is death now. Moxley and Hangman just decided to laugh off their entire feud, rendering them trying to kill each other through blood loss three days ago completely irrelevant. Also, they seem intent on killing off Wardlow for good. This whole show belonged on Rampage.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really understood why anybody likes Orange Cassidy's gimmick.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can bet with reasonable confidence that Baz does.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like when he puts his hands in his pockets and does the little kicks, it's second only to that deviant who'd throw people around using his penis.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Orange Cassidy T-shirt. He was great, at first. His mimosa match with Jericho was good fun, for example. Danhausen is far worse.

There are some big takeaways from recent AEW though:
    - FTR look like they’re about to get a good run
    - Jericho, Sammy Guevara and Daniel Garcia entering the Trios division should be good
    - No more Borin Danielson

Will be interesting to see what they do with MJF.

The tag belts and whichever belt Hobbs won on Dynamite are so irrelevant. FTR should fix one of those problems, at least.

Both women’s belts probably are too. Are we ever gonna get Britt Baker vs Jade Cargill?

Also where did Adam Cole go after his comeback promo?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did enjoy AEW doing a thing about international womens day on their social media. If only there was some way you could show this in your product, lads?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By training the women to not botch every match?

Athena (Ember Moon?) is definitely gonna kill someone.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hobbs is the 17th TNT champion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong WWE midcard title energy, that.

Other than Gunther who's gonna break the Honky Tonk Man's IC title record.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    FTR look like they’re about to get a good run
    Don't hold your breath. They were so over last summer but they didn't pull the trigger then either. A cynic (me) would say that a couple of EVPs got in Tony's ear over that one.

Are we ever gonna get Britt Baker vs Jade Cargill?
    I think that's still a little while away. They're clearly going to make a big thing of the undefeated streak with Jade and only have her lose when she's at the top, but she's not ready yet. She looks amazing but is green as fuck still so if that match happened now, Britt would have to win because it's too soon for Jade. I like the slow build with her but they need to keep her off Dynamite and PPVs unless she's in there with a pro (that match with Nyla at Full Gear was embarrassing). Just give her a Rampage and dark match every week instead for now (this is where the lack of house shows is crippling for green workers). Jamie Hayter should be the star of that division anyway.

Also where did Adam Cole go after his comeback promo?
    They clearly brought him back for a pop, which in hindsight was pretty ridiculous considering he's not imminently ready.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just rewatched Kofi / Bryan (shut it, Baz) Mania match. So good. Really holds up. The tension of a crowd who don't believe Vince will actually do the right thing.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve no doubt he was good in the past.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still not 100% sold on Cody facing Reigns at Mania. I actually like the way Cody has been presented since he returned from injury but I can’t help but feel this is the wrong timing. The Sami involvement in this storyline has been so special, I just think he deserved that main event match with Reigns. Imagine the pop if he went over Reigns for the titles.

I guess Cody will also get a great reaction if he wins, but will it be as satisfying as Sami? I’m conflicted.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, I am fully on board with it. The issue, for me, with Sami is that if he is champion, he will have to feud with people other than the Bloodline and that immediately makes the audience care about him less. Cody is over regardless. It's unfortunate for Sami but I feel like he's on the next rung down on the ladder and he's just having a hot period.

Although I'm not going to argue with those that think he deserves a shot with it. I am a big fan.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody Rhodes is a bigger Superstar so of course it will be him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm slowly getting back into New Japan at the moment. Goto's tag with YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tanahashi and Okada last week was absolutely tremendous and he also just had a very good match in the New Japan Cup vs. Kyle Fletcher (who I've never seen in singles before).

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    I’m still not 100% sold on Cody facing Reigns at Mania. I actually like the way Cody has been presented since he returned from injury but I can’t help but feel this is the wrong timing. The Sami involvement in this storyline has been so special, I just think he deserved that main event match with Reigns. Imagine the pop if he went over Reigns for the titles.

I guess Cody will also get a great reaction if he wins, but will it be as satisfying as Sami? I’m conflicted.
    I'd have loved it if Sami had gone on to beat Reigns (still hoping they might do something like the idea I posted a couple of weeks ago but I doubt it) but I think they might keep the crowd invested enough because the Sami / Jey stuff is still tied to the main Bloodline story and Cody / Reigns so he doesn't feel like a castoff.

Cody / Reigns should be good and fans still still to be right into Cody so I reckon it'll work. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    On the other hand, I am fully on board with it. The issue, for me, with Sami is that if he is champion, he will have to feud with people other than the Bloodline and that immediately makes the audience care about him less. Cody is over regardless. It's unfortunate for Sami but I feel like he's on the next rung down on the ladder and he's just having a hot period.

Although I'm not going to argue with those that think he deserves a shot with it. I am a big fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'd have loved it if Sami had gone on to beat Reigns (still hoping they might do something like the idea I posted a couple of weeks ago but I doubt it) but I think they might keep the crowd invested enough because the Sami / Jey stuff is still tied to the main Bloodline story and Cody / Reigns so he doesn't feel like a castoff.

Cody / Reigns should be good and fans still still to be right into Cody so I reckon it'll work. Fingers crossed.
    Both vary fair viewpoints.

I actually don't mind Zayn continuing the storyline with the Usos rather than Roman. I'd love to see Zayn & Owens vs Usos be the main event for night one. Although, how palatable it is for a tag match to main event the biggest PPV of the year, I don't know. I just want Sami to stay in the spotlight, basically.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd really want Ripley or Belair getting a main event but do you just go with the two biggest stories? I can see the argument both ways.

Ripley / Charlotte obviously isn't the big, long-term story Zayn / Bloodline is but on the flipside she's so fucking good and her Judgement Day stuff has been absolutely spot on.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ripley v Charlotte has been given night 1 main event, no? The obvious problem with Ripley is there are about 2 people in the company who can hold a candle to her. The only thing that might hold her back that isn't Vince is the dodgy Aussie accent.

As for the Cody stuff, they had almost daily stuff on their YouTube channel of him while he was out and he's been billed like nothing but a top star so far. He has a bit more of "The Look" about him as well as opposed to Sami. Obvious family ties throughout the industry too.
    I don't think I've ever been quite wowed by his in-ring stuff in the way Sami can put on a show(I'll not forget the NXT with Nakamura in a hurry). But WWE is more about storytelling as actual action tends to take a back seat.

I do think Sami should be his first post-bloodline opponent, should he win. Cody goes over and Sami completes his cheerleader run and goes back to the midcard.

I have felt like the recent Cody run ins to save have felt a little forced. Other than being a face, why does he care etc. But it's serviceable to the eventual outcome I guess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matches, other than Seth v Logan Paul (night 1), have been given a day yet.