User Tag List

Page 190 of 365 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,500 of 18245

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Cole wrestled that match with a legit broken wrist apparently.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he definitely won't regret that in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Sounds like Adam Cole overdoes the PWG style?
    Maybe, yeah. I did always find PWG a bit hit and miss for my cantankerous tastes.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW has to be very careful with it as well IMO.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they've added Nattie/Lacey on the pre-show (LOL), Alexa and Nikki v Kabuki, Shorty G v King, Viking Raiders & another (has to be Ceddy) v The OC and Orton v Ali.

All a bit meh.

I didn't watch Clash of Champions but I may watch this tomorrow.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fucking LOVE MJF.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A DQ in a Hell in a Cell match? Fuck off. The crowd flipped at it too.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any heat is good heat right?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd were absolutely livid, and rightly so. It was always going to end with a bullshit finish - it's too early for The Fiend to hold the title, and too early for him to lose a match. As is often the case, they booked themselves into a corner.

The only decent match was the women's HIAC.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why I try to make sense of this stuff anymore but I'm curious; how do you even get dq'd in a cell match?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me again how Brock is the problem....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I don't know why I try to make sense of this stuff anymore but I'm curious; how do you even get dq'd in a cell match?
    It’s the devil’s playground but he takes sledgehammer shots to ladders very seriously.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that two years in a row a HIAC has had a non-finish? Was the one where a couple of F5s was TOO BRUTAL for the cell last year or year before?

Either way, good work on them turning their nuclear option feud-ender into just some more bullshit.

Looking at the review it sounds like the opener and the two tag matches are the only ones worth bothering with.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't even take the piss out of that it's so bad. I might watch it later for a laugh.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Is that two years in a row a HIAC has had a non-finish? Was the one where a couple of F5s was TOO BRUTAL for the cell last year or year before?

Either way, good work on them turning their nuclear option feud-ender into just some more bullshit.

Looking at the review it sounds like the opener and the two tag matches are the only ones worth bothering with.
    Last year. Bork entered and battered Roman and Boatman.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which at least somewhat makes sense (not that it’s not shit) because if this was all real they couldn’t realistically just extend the show by 3 hours until someone recovered. This is a million times worse.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Which at least somewhat makes sense (not that it’s not shit) because if this was all real they couldn’t realistically just extend the show by 3 hours until someone recovered. This is a million times worse.
    Problem is almost the second they lifted the cage, The Fiend got up and was fine.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m talking about last year when Lesnar laid out everyone. Even if they didn’t call the match off nothing was gonna stop lesnar keep killing them so at some point you would have to call it. Last night can’t be excused.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you could style last year out. This (I haven't seen it myself though) is just a clusterfuck of flaming garbage.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet Cody Rhodes the American Nightmare enjoyed it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be careful, their own main event had a stupid ending too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I’m talking about last year when Lesnar laid out everyone. Even if they didn’t call the match off nothing was gonna stop lesnar keep killing them so at some point you would have to call it. Last night can’t be excused.
    I've just watched the main event for this one the issues with it are different. Last year's if they're gonna call it off then it's still horseshit but they need to sell it as Baroque having not just interrupted the way the other guys did but actively trying to disrupt the event itself. There's no point selling that as IT'S TOO DANGEROUS, which is exactly what they did last night, because you'd be calling off every gimmick match as soon as one guy was down and the other had a weapon. "Just in case" he's about to try and legit murder somebody. To be honest had they done that then given what they were selling Brock as at the time in terms of character it probably would have worked with that.

But impressively given what a hot steaming mess they booked last year's was last night's is even worse and it's so bad it's hard to even know where to begin. I can't think when the last time was a main eventer's arsenal was no-sold that fucking hard (Fiend must have taken, what, 10 stomps at least?) plus the pedigree and all the weapon shots. The head stuff was a bit questionable given their usual policy too as well. Just.... christ, what a fucking disaster of a match. And Christ knows what they're supposed to do with the Fiend now. Fair fucks to them, they've ruined it in a way I didn't even remotely anticipate.

Other than the main event I only watched stuff with decent reviews. The two tag matches (the proper ones, not the advert for a boxer in Saudi) were both pretty solid but the highlight was Becky and Sasha which I really enjoyed and they made an effort with some of the spots. And didn't have last year's issue of somebody hilariously bouncing off a table without breaking it. From a story point of view I'm not sure having Becky win it was the right one but I enjoyed the match a lot.

EDIT: And fortunately the commentators said "everything's legal inside Hell in a Cell!" which was both an excellent reminder for them to give us every 17 seconds and some quality hype for the ending of the show.
    Last edited by Ian; 07-10-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd shitting all over the main event was ace too. Best-worst reaction since the Rumble where Bryan didn't come out, maybe?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sasha vs Becky was very good and miles better than the shite they served up last month but I thought the chair/kendo stick thing was comically bad. Like I don’t even think that would hurt much... certainly less so than just being twatted with a chair. Also it’s a bit lol that hitting your standard moves off the top rope is seemingly the most devastating thing a woman can do. Those gripes aside it was good though.
    Last edited by Browning; 07-10-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking that, like when one of them biffed the other into a wedged kendo stick where there was a big ass cell support mast thing right there that has considerably less give. That move would make more sense if it was a midget being squashed into the corner by a big fatso giant.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it quite suprising the amount of people who are excited for NWA's first TV taping.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw man, WWE broadcasts are gonna get tasty now they're pitching stuff as USA vs. Fox as they did on Raw endlessly last night.

The thought of rival NETWORK EXECUTIVES scouting WWE matches to see who they want to draft gets me pretty hard, it must be said.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to watch the main event of HIAC but I stopped as soon as I realised they weren't turning those shitty red lights off.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if they didn't mentioned THE FIEND having caused that then what they're telling us is that WWE management actively wanted Seth to lose. Well, maybe it was the NETWORK EXECUTIVES.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Tyson Fury lets himself be carried across the ring is genuinely hilarious to me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, if they didn't mentioned THE FIEND having caused that then what they're telling us is that WWE management actively wanted Seth to lose. Well, maybe it was the NETWORK EXECUTIVES.
    The other odd thing I noticed was they kept talking about him like he was some inexplicably tough spooky being that Rollings was apparently terrified of. Then they'd call him Bray Wyatt, which begs the question why is Rollings so scared of someone he knows is eminently beatable just with a mask on?

Then I realised I had just put more thought into it than WWE have and turned it off.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get some odd 'no context' pictures on Okadas twitter but this one is something else.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The way Tyson Fury lets himself be carried across the ring is genuinely hilarious to me.
    He had some proper Shane O'Mac punches going on.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved his 'knockout' of Cesaro after it went off air.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://wrestletalk.com/news/cain-ve...ue-to-surgery/

Cain 'Sicknote' Velasquez is injured.

I am shocked.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the plan was always Wrestlemania? Doesn't make sense to have such a big draw on a smaller show.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are any of you lot watching AEW?

i'm generally very excited by it and have really enjoyed a lot of it, but wednesday definitely wasn't perfect.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I thought the plan was always Wrestlemania? Doesn't make sense to have such a big draw on a smaller show.
    Saudi Money is THE SHOW.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    are any of you lot watching AEW?

i'm generally very excited by it and have really enjoyed a lot of it, but wednesday definitely wasn't perfect.
    I watched the first two PPVs and just found that I didn't really care. Thought it would change when the weekly shows rolled around but nah.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the NWA Power Hour and I don't really know what to make of it.

On the one hand it looks like it was filmed during an episode of The Generation Game from 1986 and the regular sneery digs at other types of wrestling were pretty tragic. But, they did somehow manage to make me care about (actual grandfather) Tim Storm and his final shot at the title, so maybe it is good, I'm really not sure.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs Billy Corgan as an authority figure.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I watched the first two PPVs and just found that I didn't really care. Thought it would change when the weekly shows rolled around but nah.
    Ah, that's a pity. It's totally rejuvenated my interest in wrestling. Me and a couple of mates used to watch the PPVs together, then it was just the big 4, and after the most recent rumble we just stopped entirely, and my mate who used to watch Raw live started just fast-forwarding through it on Tuesday and finally just stopped recording it. We all watched the first AEW PPV and were basically like, oh wait we don't hate wrestling we just hate WWE, and we've been following it pretty religiously since then.

Definitely an element of WANTING it to be good, and wanting the same soap opera investment i had with WWE without actually watching WWE, but I dunno, I rate it.

Did you watch the first weekly TV show? Not a fan of MJF?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are off to a good start and womens wrestling is easily better the WWE.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Ah, that's a pity. It's totally rejuvenated my interest in wrestling. Me and a couple of mates used to watch the PPVs together, then it was just the big 4, and after the most recent rumble we just stopped entirely, and my mate who used to watch Raw live started just fast-forwarding through it on Tuesday and finally just stopped recording it. We all watched the first AEW PPV and were basically like, oh wait we don't hate wrestling we just hate WWE, and we've been following it pretty religiously since then.

Definitely an element of WANTING it to be good, and wanting the same soap opera investment i had with WWE without actually watching WWE, but I dunno, I rate it.

Did you watch the first weekly TV show? Not a fan of MJF?
    I did not. I actually really like MJF but haven't seen too much.

The problem seems to be the same as when I tried NJPW, I just don't know enough about the product. I thought it would be easier to get into AEW as it's new but it just didn't click.

I think if it wasn't for NXT then I'd be craving some decent wrestling and I'd be more inclined to dive right into AEW.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I did not. I actually really like MJF but haven't seen too much.

The problem seems to be the same as when I tried NJPW, I just don't know enough about the product. I thought it would be easier to get into AEW as it's new but it just didn't click.

I think if it wasn't for NXT then I'd be craving some decent wrestling and I'd be more inclined to dive right into AEW.
    In fairness I have always felt exactly the same about anything that isn't WWE, and part of me even felt it about AEW, but to me the problem seems pretty obvious - watching big 3-4 hour WRESTLING SUPERCARDS, even if the wrestling is great, is just not fun when you haven't got the weekly TV to get you invested and shit. There's a reason why WWE's formula for years was to spend a month of TV building up storylines so you'd pay for the PPV.

I definitely think it's worth watching the first TV show, cus it's starting to be more about building storylines and giving you a reason to care, rather than a series of 20+ minute matches which is exhausting enough even when you care about the people involved.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack Evans faceplanting his ring entrance

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might give this week's AEW a bash over the weekend. From what I've tried of non-main-roster-WWE stuff NXT is kinda my sweetspot of being good and making the most of having indie guys but without being an indieriffic shitshow.

And whether it's because of the lack of personal investment* or the style or what the NJPW matches I watched I just didn't love as much as all the people who were getting themselves into a froth. Omega / Jericho in particular I didn't especially enjoy. I've still not watched any of the Omega / Okada ones yet that Uncle Dave gave 128/5.

* It can't just be this because when I first watched Takeover I knew fuck all about most of the people on the card and I've thoroughly enjoyed some non-WWE (some PWG and one-off matches from other companies I've sought out) so I dunno. I don't watch Raw and SD in full any more so I suppose that gives me time to try and give AEW a go.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I thought NXT's new picture-in-picture was a good compromise but it's really fucking distracting when you've got stuff still going on in a match while most of the screen is Applebee's advertising whatever the fuck with You Sexy Thing playing over the top of it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the above note, NXT was good again this week. WALTER vs. KUSHIDA in the Caps Lock Challenge was particularly good.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried NJPW and couldn't get into it at all. I also thought it was due to not knowing anyone, but I loved the NXT UK tournement. I hardly watch any wrestling thesedays so I'm unlikely to get into AEW unless something drastic changes.