Page 49 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 11691

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    No, I got two out of seven for that specific competency. I also got one out of seven for teamwork, which is wank because 1) I'm a one man band in my current role (and obviously was in academic terms); and 2) they then gave me six out of seven for 'experience', even though those two things form part of the overall experience criteria along with general subject knowledge and that. It's a bit nonsensical overall I think.
    They'll have known who was getting the job ahead of time.

When I was working for the MOJ the 'A Band' used to straight up tell people to apply for specific jobs, and coincidentally that person always ended up getting the role. It's how I got my promotion.

'Fair and open competition is a load of bollocks when the interview panel have been told the result ahead of time.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    I haven't started on the sauce section as planned but Wednesday I will be so that should be fun
    So I did the evening on the Wednesday and it was quiet so not much doing, I was then meant to do it the following day but that got switched up much to my annoyance which I then expressed by my mood suddenly changing. Weird. Anyhow, chef fixed it and had me back on a few days later and then shit hit the fan. At first I was told it would me just me and another working the Sunday, which in my mind was way too much too soon but thankfully a few tweaks meant that isn't happening, instead it happened today. It was myself and two others with me running sauce section (that's the daddy section) after just two previous efforts entirely on my own. GM put on a reduced menu for lunch which was appreciated but then we agreed to put full one on for evening service. Today I did 124 covers. It might sound wank to you lot but I am so proud of myself right now. Last night I was nervous as fuck because I just didn't know if I had it in me but I've got to be honest, I've smashed it out the park tonight.

Buzzing.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Tim.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my gay manager sent me an unsolicited, sexually led message on Facebook last night, which has freaked me out a little.

Weird as fuck.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the compliment, report him to HR. You won't be the first.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll gauge your reaction tomorrow and then decide to act accordingly.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Take the compliment, report him to HR. You won't be the first.
    There have been rumours I've heard about him sending things to other, not with the business anymore colleagues. There's a reason his nickname is 'Snapchat'. This time its been done on Facebook though so screenshot done.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one. It’s not particularly about your opinion on it because I think you’re a pretty strong personality but whatever hole you stick it in, hitting on your employees is proper wrongun stuff.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have thought he has a screw very loose if he's doing that to people under him at work who he knows to be straight.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To put context to it:

There's another bloke, about 50, on our team. Openly gay, genuinely lovely, a good laugh etc. We were talking about how/when he came out the other day, and I mentioned my experience, as ya all know, with trans when younger and how after that it wasn't my bag, but I tried it out. The manager did overhear this so my guess is he's gone full lol in his head and gone gung-ho, despite knowing I'm straight and been with my missus for over a year.

All the guys he's allegedly done it to in the past have been both straight and in relationships, however.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 18-09-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you were of the same orientation as him, a senior approaching someone below them at work like that is an HR issue.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I would have thought he has a screw very loose if he's doing that to people under him at work who he knows to be straight.
    1) Straight men swing too
    2) The sentence should stop after the world 'work'.

He should be sacked.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to negotiate a massive payout

Or thumb it in, either way you're onto a winner

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was commenting on his mental state rather than his professionalism, which is a fairly open and shut case.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been covering at various hospitals recently and while at one of them met this tall brunette who I was immediately smitten by.

At the time it was unclear if I was going to be staying at said facility so I didn't give it a go because of the old rule "never shit where you eat", but once it was obvious I was going back to my old facility I never actually saw her again.

So I thought about doing a half court shot on facebook to see if I could climb aboard this fuckin amazon goddess but decided against it because I didn't want to become a meme if I missed and ever had to come back.

LONG STORY SHORT, looks like I'm gonna be coming to that facility full time, so I'm pretty fucking pleased I didn't give it a shot because that could've ended poorly either way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worse she can say is no. Give it a go.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on sex pest manager:

I raised it. Three others he's done it to said I could give their names, so I did. They told me they're taking it seriously, and will keep me updated.

Five days later (we're open 7 days a week) - Those who came forward with me have now decided to not actually say owt when questioned, and as I gave their names on their okay, makes me seem like a bit of a bullshitter. Work's done fuck all so far apart from make me switch teams (which hasn't happened yet but apparently will, he's still my manager and I'm still sat a couple of seats over from him).

Think I'm looking elsewhere now, absolute joke.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Escalate it further. You have evidence.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Escalate it further. You have evidence.
    They've got until Friday to actually do something, if they don't I will be.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve applied for another job, that was advertised as INTERNAL ONLY so at least there’s less people to be better than. It would be for £500 a month more. Sign me up!

Also did I mention I’m 99% sure I might one day go to a meeting with @DC?
    Last edited by Baz; 23-09-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you had a fanny he'd have been sacked within the hour.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Release it publicly if they fail to do anything.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    If you had a fanny he'd have been sacked within the hour.
    Aye that's my argument and I basically said the same to them when I raised it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the others say when you confronted them about selling you out?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    What did the others say when you confronted them about selling you out?
    I'll find that out tomorrow as only found out once I'd left work. Gonna be fun

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a new person at work to “do admin.”

What?

Besides, I don’t trust anyone to do a job better than me. I’d rather put aside 5 minutes to book my own room/ticket/whatever or process my own invoice than spend undoubtedly longer explaining how to do it and then fixing it when it’s done incorrectly.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'I don't trust anyone to do a better job than me' sounds unnecessarily ballsy when it turns out you're talking about booking a hotel room.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *meeting room

Well yeah I mean I trust the surgeon made a better job of my circumcision than I could have ever managed, but why would I waste time creating more work for myself, just to give the new person something to do?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's easier / quicker for you to do it will anybody even notice or care if you're doing it for yourself?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If it's easier / quicker for you to do it will anybody even notice or care if you're doing it for yourself?
    Someone just noticed I’d processed two invoices. “Oh Lucy could have done that.” Sure. She couldn’t though, unless I spent 10 mins explaining the process to her. Besides, it’s part of my job.

Side note: it’s one of the few parts of my job I’ve not had taken off me, so I think I’m just being cranky and protective over menial tasks because I need to chat to Yevrah.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they want to pay you the same amount to do less.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz if you like doing your own pointless admin and menial tasks that take up the majority of your life, you could always go into teaching.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're getting an admin at my place because we're all getting the work piled on. It's going to be a life saver.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got brought in as a temp to do admin at a small office to lessen the workload a few years ago and spent my 9 months there doing about 20 minutes of work a day and spending the rest on here, pretty much.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working my 7th straight day today and tomorrow is Monday, and can't get one ounce of help off anyone. If I hadn't the wife to think about I'd be about ten minutes away from walking.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol someone has been suspended at work for fiddling their flex-time. Seeing as everybody does it, and seeing as nobody usually cares, you can only imagine the lengths they were going to to take the piss.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my mates just started a job with the government and was telling me about their flexitime, and how there are always meant to be x number of people in their office on a Saturday but in practice you just build up enough hours to write the shift off.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something about only being able to have so many 'flexi-days' off per four week period, but I don't think we bother enforcing that either. It's probably going to end up causing a bit of a stink, since there are people who will clock in and out on time but have however many breaks that don't get factored in, which again makes us think it must have been some serious piss-taking for them to have moved on it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it liable to cause the sort of fuss where they'll start being stricter on everybody or just "Don't be like that dickhead, okay?"

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They probably won't say anything, which is another lol aspect of it, because the unit itself barely follows any rules.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could do with some time off. Had my first suicide call and the whole experience shook me to my core. Not least because the procedures we're supposed to have were put on the backburner.

See, we used to get rotas for who to pass these calls on to. Our overlords haven't given them out in months. So I had to gently close the call out (whilst she was... by the sounds of it, already taking an overdose) and then immediately get to work. This involved asking the substitute TL what the fuck to do before he left inside five minutes. He came back with a name he got from the proper TL who was on leave. This person did not answer their phone

So we grabbed an old rota from January and grabbed a name out of the hat. Rang her up, asked who was on the rota this week and then I made the call to her.

As far as I know, the claimant's not been called back. I'm absolutely done in and fed up. I don't care how rare those calls are, they fucking stay with you.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of my friends did 101 calls in Vodafone and although they're obviously not the fucking outlet for that those sort of calls would occasionally come through.

They'd been given about as much training as you'd expect.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my last ever week at rugby after 3 years and for 3 days this week I've been, quite literally, sent to Coventry.

Annoying I'm missing valuable time to have emotional farewells with my wonderful customers but I got to go to the quality noodle bar for dinner so it evens out.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fight or flight shit but it pisses me off how our main site doesn't keep us in the loop. It was an absolute shitshow trying to find out who was on that duty. It's how quick the call turned that was the worst.

And it's only fucking Tuesday.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    It's my last ever week at rugby after 3 years and for 3 days this week I've been, quite literally, sent to Coventry.

Annoying I'm missing valuable time to have emotional farewells with my wonderful customers but I got to go to the quality noodle bar for dinner so it evens out.
    Are you staying with the same bank when moving to Norwich?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Are you staying with the same bank when moving to Norwich?
    Aye, seemed by far the easiest way to facilitate the move.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should learn to code.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shindig what is it you do again? Sorry I'm sure probably postd a few times before.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for the government dealing with disability benefits. Most of the time, it's not a phone job, except when it is.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I work for the government dealing with disability benefits. Most of the time, it's not a phone job, except when it is.
    Christ, I knew it was something along those lines but not that specifically. Must be bloody bleak. Considering that I'm happy to almost entirely exonerate you for the 6 months or so you kept calling me a cunt.