User Tag List

Page 313 of 581 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,650 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Sydney outbreak is at 28 with 1 one woman travelling to QLD. Brisbane is definitely overdue for a second wave.

All started because 2 boomers went straight to an RSL instead of isolating untill they got their test results.

Also Gladys wasnt forcing international aircrew into quarantine inbetween flights. If the Liberal party ran all the States along with the Federal Govenment we would be spitting out American numbers.

Edit: She drove back to NSW from the Sunshine Coast in QLD
    Last edited by Queenslander; 18-12-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Gladys you hopeless cunt.

Members of an international airline crew breached self-isolation rules after flying into Sydney from South America

Thirteen crew members were issued with $1,000 fines by NSW Police

From next week international airline crews will face mandatory hotel quarantine in NSW
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...&sf241228997=1

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said Mr Heasman was wearing the mask "like a hat" and refused to comply with a requirement that he cover his mouth and nose.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idiocy all round right there.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should chuck all the mongs that don't cover their noses with their masks in jail. And people who lift masks down to talk.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And people who pull their mask down to unlock their phones cos they won't wait 1 second for the 'use passcode' option.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My phone has started unlocking with my mask on in the past week. Only for one of my masks though.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night in the mini supermarket I had some teenagers behind me in the queue who came up so close behind me I could feel their breath (no masks, obvs) on the back of my neck. They then tried to push right past me into the plexiglass booth when I finished paying, rather than letting me come out first like a normal person would, even outside a pandemic. Is it considered hard man stuff these days to not wear masks and flaunt social distancing? These were the sort of kids you get in the south east who spend their lives bitterly, bitterly regretting that they are not black, and trying to make out like they are.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is phonics?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the cunts that's off my wife's work with Covid has sent her son round her sisters house (who also works there and should be isolating) as they had some cunt dressed up as an Elf round there and she 'didn't want him to miss out'. They've also put pictures on Facebook of it all and are now attempting to use the Dominic Cummings defence against the onslaught of comments.

As shit as BoJo and his crew are, this is why we're so fucked.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    they had some cunt dressed up as an Elf round there
    As part of a kids party or something? Or did they decide to randomly just hire an elf?

I realise I'm not looking at the main point of the post here but that jumped out at me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    As part of a kids party or something? Or did they decide to randomly just hire an elf?

I realise I'm not looking at the main point of the post here but that jumped out at me.
    From the pictures it looks like they've hired one to go round. It was a giant elf on a shelf.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a nightmare on the tube last week with a good 40-50% not wearing masks. Fuck off you fucking fuckers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point they all need rounding up, those with a genuine medical reason not to wear one released and the remainder cleansed from the gene pool.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those neck snood scarf things middle-aged men wear...

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goes well with their petrol station oakleys.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    At this point they all need rounding up, those with a genuine medical reason not to wear one released and the remainder cleansed from the gene pool.
    I don't believe there are any legitimate medical reasons not to wear one to be quite honest.

Some sort of severe phobia I suppose.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be permissible to punch any of the mouth-but-not-nose brigade in their unnecessarily exposed conks.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I don't believe there are any legitimate medical reasons not to wear one to be quite honest.

I dunno man, the woman in my local shop who apparently couldn't wear one because of her 'bad legs' sounds pretty legit to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post

I think my wife falls into this category. She does have scarring of the lungs after a dose of Pneumonia and mild asthma, so she's exempt (twice), but I do think the reason she struggles to wear them is purely psychological. She got in a bit of a state the first time she tried to wear one and had to leave the shop to take it off more or less straight away. She's not normally like that about anything either, she's pretty chilled about everything normally.

I forget I have one on after about 10 seconds of masking up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone asked about the eyeholes?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see that thing in the New York Times whereby they admitted they were prioritisng health workers first because the 'old', as a group, are 'too white'? America has completely lost the plot.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sydney people are fleeing to QLD incase the close they State borers again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 of my (unconnected) mates have posted about their positive test results on Facebook today. It is absolutely rife around here. There are going to be some ugly death tolls come January (not that anyone cares about those anymore).

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...g4december2020

The excess deaths are at around 2k a week. In April they were close to 10k. Open the clubs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Last night in the mini supermarket I had some teenagers behind me in the queue who came up so close behind me I could feel their breath (no masks, obvs) on the back of my neck. They then tried to push right past me into the plexiglass booth when I finished paying, rather than letting me come out first like a normal person would, even outside a pandemic. Is it considered hard man stuff these days to not wear masks and flaunt social distancing? These were the sort of kids you get in the south east who spend their lives bitterly, bitterly regretting that they are not black, and trying to make out like they are.
    I have seen a bit of this round here with young chavs looking very pleased with themselves that they aren't wearing a mask in Tesco, etc. Think it is definitely one for those who enjoy winding people up.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    2 of my (unconnected) mates have posted about their positive test results on Facebook today. It is absolutely rife around here. There are going to be some ugly death tolls come January (not that anyone cares about those anymore).
    I haven't looked everywhere, but Southend seems to be one of the worst hit places in the country currently. About 1 in 200 people have it there.

South Wales absolutely riven with it and have been for weeks, how have they managed that?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't looked everywhere, but Southend seems to be one of the worst hit places in the country currently. About 1 in 200 people have it there.

South Wales absolutely riven with it and have been for weeks, how have they managed that?
    It's pretty fucking bad. I know or know of more people that have had it in the last few weeks than I have in the last 9 months. We were only ~6th in Essex last time I looked too. Basildon were top and nearly double our case load.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked that polling about more people intending to form bubbles than support the rules being relaxed.

'Why is Boris making us do this?'

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon they might ban inter-regional travel tomorrow, which will cheer everyone up. Really had enough of this. People's anxiety etc must be going through the roof.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my wife's work chat is anything to go by, yeah. I'm still sitting tight in apathy.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drove home today, but my rental ran out today so I was homeless anyway.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTH is by definition full of hard, cynical bastards, the normies must all be withering away in silence. I'm OK by myself (so far) but only because I have escapist hobbies that fill the vast stretches of time. People who live in flats with people they hate, or in abusive relationships, or alone and don't get out to work like I do, I feel really sorry for them.

It's not even fostering any kind of blitz spirit, I don't think. The clapping was just mawkish bullshit and hasn't been repeated. I read something way back in the first lockdown which noted how there is no great plague literature like there is for wars/revolutions, because plagues don't have any heroes, they are just totally miserable and people never want to speak of them again.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see that thing in the New York Times whereby they admitted they were prioritisng health workers first because the 'old', as a group, are 'too white'? America has completely lost the plot.
    I wanna see that. I highly doubt that is the case. Frontline workers make more sense to get it first because of the viral loads they receive

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's stuff like this that also really pisses me off (from a BBC article):

Prof Linda Bauld, Professor of Public Health at the University of Edinburgh, said this policy, "increasingly looks like the wrong decision at the wrong time.

"By allowing travel around the UK and changing guidance to allow household mixing indoors we are setting ourselves up for a miserable January with tough restrictions."
    What world do these people live in where any part of this hasn't been miserable? And January's always an awful month anyway.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found it now - it's not the reason they are doing it, but the reason professor brainstorm here says they should be doing it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/05/h...ine-first.html

Harald Schmidt, an expert in ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania, said that it is reasonable to put essential workers ahead of older adults, given their risks, and that they are disproportionately minorities. “Older populations are whiter, ” Dr. Schmidt said. “Society is structured in a way that enables them to live longer. Instead of giving additional health benefits to those who already had more of them, we can start to level the playing field a bit.”

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It's stuff like this that also really pisses me off (from a BBC article):

What world do these people live in where any part of this hasn't been miserable? And January's always an awful month anyway.
    Public health academics, like all academics, are only in this to try and be proven right.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Northern Beaches in Sydney are in an stage 3 lockdown by the sounds of it.

Christmas in Tony Abbott country is ruined. Lol
    Last edited by Queenslander; 19-12-2020 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something else dawned on me today, almost everything I think about is from the perspective of there being a pandemic (even when I'm thinking of simpler times) and I'm beginning to forget what normal life was like as a result.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found it now - it's not the reason they are doing it, but the reason professor brainstorm here says they should be doing it:

This logic would put men well ahead of women in the queue. Let's go.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always find it interesting the way that stuff like the Stanford thing Lewis posted - with the Lees of the world getting vaccinated before the RLs - is passed over in silence, whereas a single quote from a single doctor taking a ‘woke’ position (which is totally idiotic, it’s true) becomes evidence that the entire country has lost the plot.

The fundamental problem of this country is inequality, not political correctness (or ‘wokeness’ as they say today). Wokeness is just a debatable response to that basic problem.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those need not be mutually exclusive. Both are good pieces of evidence that the US has lost the plot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTH is by definition full of hard, cynical bastards, the normies must all be withering away in silence. I'm OK by myself (so far) but only because I have escapist hobbies that fill the vast stretches of time. People who live in flats with people they hate, or in abusive relationships, or alone and don't get out to work like I do, I feel really sorry for them.

It's not even fostering any kind of blitz spirit, I don't think. The clapping was just mawkish bullshit and hasn't been repeated. I read something way back in the first lockdown which noted how there is no great plague literature like there is for wars/revolutions, because plagues don't have any heroes, they are just totally miserable and people never want to speak of them again.
    During the first lockdown, we started a little memory box for the kids, just paintings and drawings they did, photos, things like that. The eldest is old enough that she will hold some memory of all this, but the youngest won't.

Anyway, fast forward a few months and that already seems mental and we fucked the lot off to the nearest bin. +1 for Team Never Speak Of This Again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Oxford Vaccine" is a go before the end of the year apparently.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I met someone at work who was having the Oxford trial, she had some eye condition (she told me the name but I can't remember it) and that apparently she wasn't the first one to have a bleed on the eye after the trial. She seemed to think the complications for people with eye problems was part of the hold up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you're saying is it protects you from the rona but gives you the Rage virus from 28 Days Later?