User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on mostly purple (epic?) quickhacks now and they really do make dealing with hostile areas a bit of a rinse if you're trying to take folk out. If you've really leaned into the cyberware hacking stuff then just spamming a group of mooks with powered-up Contagion will do a lot of the hard work for you.

I don't think anybody I know personally is enjoying this nearly as much as I am but all the stuff I'm here for is great. Okay so probably too many of the sidequests boil down to "capitalism is bad mkay" or "them body mods will make you crazy!" but the little stories within that are still frequently very good and do a good job of building up the setting. I'd also say the average ? on the map is more interesting than they are in most games, from going on a nostalgia trip about Johnny's band because he comments on a busker you walk past to a guy begging for your help because his Mr Stud implant has started burning his bits off and you then keep hitting obstructions and roadblocks, etc. as you try and get him to a ripperdoc. "New Contact Added: Flaming Crotch Man."

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I started again, left Jackie by the hot dog stall, just started free roaming/visiting points of interest and am loving it.

Busted loads of crims and picked up loads of gear and now sat on 17,000 monies.

On the negative side some of the menu choices are painful. Sorting through the shit, trying to work out what to keep on you, what to put in your stash and what to sell when you've cleared a gang out is an absolute headache.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the UI definitely needs some work. That said I don't stash anything. I have about six weapons I rotate through, almost everything else I now break down for materials. To be honest I barely use any consumables other than health ones so it'd be nice to be able to mark stuff as junk.

Money is very, very easy to come by just through picking up gigs and stuff. I realised I was sitting on about £100k so I went to a ripperdoc and have got epic versions of mantis blades, gorilla arms and the projectile launcher thing. Haven't tried the nanowire at all yet so should get on that.
    Last edited by Ian; 16-12-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UI is very simple to use on PC, but I can picture it being a nightmare on console.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been loving it so far - loads of overreaction on the internet from dickheads wanting a bit of a whine. The story, VO and general vibe of it is immense. Has anyone done the mission with River Ward called The Hunt? That is up there with stuff like The Bloody Baron for me. Proper -face on as it unravelled...

How they spent 8 years on this and just shat the Witcher's awful inventory menus into it is definitely a pain point though

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done that one yet so hopefully I find that if it's a side mission. I will say that I dunno when I last skipped this little dialogue in a game. The voice acting is all really good that I've encountered and it helps that the characters behave in believable ways while you're speaking, actually reacting and getting read to say stuff rather than standing stock still until its their turn to speak.

A guy I work with described it as having a "dead world" and I honestly can't be arsed arguing about it because I can't imagine what he's possibly looking for.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I had to lol when my mate said he reckoned that Keanu Reeves' stuff must've all been single takes or whatever and it didn't sound like he was very into it. I had to ask whether he's heard Reeves speak before and what exactly he was expecting.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I haven't done that one yet so hopefully I find that if it's a side mission. I will say that I dunno when I last skipped this little dialogue in a game. The voice acting is all really good that I've encountered and it helps that the characters behave in believable ways while you're speaking, actually reacting and getting read to say stuff rather than standing stock still until its their turn to speak.

A guy I work with described it as having a "dead world" and I honestly can't be arsed arguing about it because I can't imagine what he's possibly looking for.
    There's a few I've spoken to about this. They called GTA and Red Dead 2's worlds as 'emergent'. In GTA all you have is OTT cop chases. Its dead as fuck.

In Red Dead you have heavily scripted incidental situations which end up repeating after you've done 15 or so. Besides this, its dead as fuck.

Give me deeply written and crafted side quests over sucking poison out of someone or blowing up a car for the thousandth time then hiding under a bridge.

Like all open world games the world itself is just a stage to what the devs have crafted, there just hasn't been one as beautiful to look at as Night City. Its fucking jaw dropping in places with RTX.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the irony of console players going ballistic about it being a buggy mess when on the opposite side a lot of console ports to PC are hilariously bad. CDPR are cunts for the way they've handled the launch but its still lol.

I tried Watch Dogs Legion (shit game). On my PC with a 2080ti I get the same FPS if I run at 480p as I do at 4k. Tested it in the same spot. 45fps on both, doesn't matter what settings I touch, if it goes up to 70 at 480p, its 70 at 4k.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    There's a few I've spoken to about this. They called GTA and Red Dead 2's worlds as 'emergent'. In GTA all you have is OTT cop chases. Its dead as fuck.

In Red Dead you have heavily scripted incidental situations which end up repeating after you've done 15 or so. Besides this, its dead as fuck.

Give me deeply written and crafted side quests over sucking poison out of someone or blowing up a car for the thousandth time then hiding under a bridge.

Like all open world games the world itself is just a stage to what the devs have crafted, there just hasn't been one as beautiful to look at as Night City. Its fucking jaw dropping in places with RTX.
    Yeah I mean I've played a fair few open world games (RDR2 is probably the main one I haven't played) and while Cyberpunk isn't breaking any new ground in terms of how "alive" the world is I'd say it compares favourably to any I've played. And I can't think of an obvious contender for my favourite city in a game.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people's expectations were blown out of all whack, something CDPR didn't help to temper. The Witcher 3 has a few nice locales, good main and side missions, NPCs that offer absolutely fuck all and a relatively dead world bar loot. This offers the same experience, just better, yet its as if people expected an all-encompassing shit hot fully insane life-like experience when at its heart its a wonderfully built, well written experience, as was W3. Its just a bit bug-ridden, as was W3 at launch.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wild Hunt maybe had NPCs that looked a little busier but honestly even games where NPCs appear to be getting up, going to do their jobs, etc. the façade doesn't stand up to more than about 20 seconds scrutiny. As long as they're not doing anything obviously stupid and have a basic appearance of being busy for the 3 seconds when I zoom past them then I really don't care.

The things it gets right are the exact same things Witcher 3 gets right. As you say, the characters and writing (both on a main story level from what I've seen and the side quests, even brief ones) are excellent both for building up those little stories and the world at large.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there was one minor side thing I did last night that blew me away (spoilers):

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the first sentence and haven't done that yet so I'll try and remember to come back to that later.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its so so good.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...spec_location/

Also discovered this evening that there's a hard limit on ammo you can carry per-weapon, which is retarded. Only 100 shotgun ammo for example and if you craft more it just wastes the components

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this really been removed from the PlayStation Store “until further notice” due to the amount of people requesting refunds?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.

Not showing up on my PSN.

Refunds to everyone who purchased it digitally too...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's SIE?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What's SIE?
    Sony Interactive Entertainment

Edit: should've refreshed

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers.

That is some going by CDPR.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    This is useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...spec_location/

Also discovered this evening that there's a hard limit on ammo you can carry per-weapon, which is retarded. Only 100 shotgun ammo for example and if you craft more it just wastes the components
    Are people enjoying / using the guns enough that they run out of ammo? I've only done a a small number of fights where I went gun-heavy (two of the cyberpsychos, one story mission) and I don't think I've been close to running out. That is stupid, though, that it lets you make things you don't have room for but charges you the cost anyway.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is kind of unprecedented to see a platform holder pull a game from sale. I suppose they had to after CDPR passed the buck.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well CDPR are having a good week on the "Games being pulled from platforms" thing what with this and them deciding they're pro Chinese government propaganda and removing that game from GOG.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah its 100% a power play from Sony. If CDPR hadn't pulled the refund angle it'd still be up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the game, another interesting sidequest last night. It starts off with a job from Wakako who wants you to meet a fella who wants to be present when you carry out a hit for him...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Yeah its 100% a power play from Sony. If CDPR hadn't pulled the refund angle it'd still be up.

Xbox also on the same story.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, ive just heard. Has this ever happened before.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games have been pulled from sale before but normally due to Dev not platform choice.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news patch 1.05 is out on PS/Xbox

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck it, they lost me with making me nauseous with tearing, 15fps and input lag. Refunded.

I’m fully up for not quite ready to ship shit shipping in the spirit of agile, I’ve done it myself on many a project; but this was fucking criminal.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't run that badly on the Xbox One X. There are glitches obviously, but it runs.

Would love to see the horror of it on first versions of last gen.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last couple of patches have fixed most of the main issues (bug/glitches, anyway). They should have delayed it on older systems and shipped this build.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an absolute deal breaker for me.

I don't really understand what they've been doing for 10 years.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marketing?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll need to keep an eye on my save file but it's under 5MB at the moment anyway but yeah, I don't understand how some of these bugs have managed to get through.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there's a keen narrative to pin the blame for all this on the mean and rich suits (which ultimately it is as they're the ones who should be running things), but at what point does it become rank incompetence from all involved?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/202...fine-the-game/

if they were being outright told "this shit isn't ready to go" then it's the leadership who have to shoulder the brunt of the blame.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there's a keen narrative to pin the blame for all this on the mean and rich suits (which ultimately it is as they're the ones who should be running things), but at what point does it become rank incompetence from all involved?
    Literally never. Anyone who looks at cyberpunk and cd Projekt red in general and thinks, ‘well these people don’t know how to make a video game.’ Is a fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got it.

I genuinely thought the option of penis and it's size was a joke due to a glitch.

I obviously went big.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GTA V is 7 years old??

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GTA also has a much bigger development team and they've been supporting it for 7 years. I dare say it was in active development longer than Cyberpunk. Rockstar know how to do this and you can really appreciate how they build their games.
    Last edited by Shindig; 26-12-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not posted much in here but I'm still very much enjoying this. Into act 3 now so I'm going to be taking the main story even slower and getting the side stuff mopped up.

I'm pretty OP now at everything other than the hardest fistfights, I'm gonna need to buff my punchy skills a bit before I take on the end of the boxing sidequest chain.

I'm also still barely fast-travelling which, this many hours into a game of this length, says a lot for how much I like just moving around Night City despite the iffy driving. Though even that I've kinda of adjusted to now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah pretty much the same here. There's not a lot of side quests outstanding now, aside from the shit I can't be bothered to do like driving (fuck I hate forced racing segments in these kinds of games) and the fighting ones. Although saying that, I haven't kicked on with Takemura hardly at all so might focus a bit on that for the moment.

I think I see how the main story is coming together too, and so far it's played out really well. Enjoying it a lot overall.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally hate forced racing bits but those were a piece of piss and the final / race quest comes to a good conclusion.

I'm not mopping up all the blue NCPD markers unless I'm right there or if it happens to be in my way and just Contagion-ing my way through is quicker than walking around but I'm grabbing all the ?s and yellow markers because as we've touched on previously there's some nicely written mini-stories in there.

One misstep was when I went to meet a mysterious quest-giver and when they turned around V went "It's you!" and I had no idea who the fuck it was. I get that they're a prominent in-setting character but they really ought to have made sure I couldn't avoid being aware of them.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this the other day and picked up some legendary gear: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...yberpunk_2077/ there's a good few just lying around guarded by mooks and you can save a load of money with it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how you could ever run out of money if you don't just mainline the story. I think I've got about £350k just sitting about currently.