Page 49 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    5* weak foot is so valuable in a forward. Especially one quite dainty and able to shift the ball quickly. Very nearly a goal contribution per game is a great return.

After seeing you added Pogba I decided to try it myself. Brought in Fabinho to keep Neymar on 10, Mbappe to link it all up and then brought POTM Aubameyang back in. The frenetic gameplay seems to have stuck around. But it seems to suit me well. The added height and strength in midfield is also a big bonus. I've got myself up to 11-0 but am out of time tonight. I don't really have time tomorrow either which is a shame, considering we could well see Messi, Kante, Son and Salah in this TOTW.
    11-0 is a cracking start, what do you usually end up on?

I have have gone from 16-8 to 16-13. Very frustrating because I wanted to get to the 17 and put the game down for the day.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have some game time in a second. If I can make good progress I may sacrifice some sleep tonight, but you in here know my hate for playing on Sundays. From 11-0 the aim is to get 9-10 from here which would take me to Gold 1.

If I start getting BS or get a loss streak, I'll just stop at 14 or 17.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    11-0 is a cracking start, what do you usually end up on?

I have have gone from 16-8 to 16-13. Very frustrating because I wanted to get to the 17 and put the game down for the day.
    Sorry just missed this. I've only actually played the full 30 games three times. I went 18 wins, then 20, then 23 wins. My struggle is the time to play the games. I find I play a lot better with the kids in bed, but they've been ill and up all hours for weeks now.

I try to take it in 5 game segments or play objective to objective. Anything into Gold I'm usually happy with.

Good luck with the last game!
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 09-12-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have kids and you can still play this?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First game of the day and it's the third win in a row to go 6-5 and Silver 3.

It was one of those games where the opposition sat back for almost the whole game. I had 70% of the ball and loads of speculative chances, hitting the woodwork too. As it wore on I felt sure I was going to lose, but Pogba stepped up in the 90th minute with the winner.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it my imagination or was the tied finishing trainer available before and now it's gone?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You have kids and you can still play this?
    Three of them. Now you see why I'm not often completing my games.

Is it my imagination or was the tied finishing trainer available before and now it's gone?
    You are correct. You have the marker above your players head that changes colour though so you still have some kind of guide.

12-0 after an absolutely batshit 8-4 win. Can't be doing with that over again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont even play 20 a week right now never mind on a weekend with kids. Bravo!

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    You are correct. You have the marker above your players head that changes colour though so you still have some kind of guide.
    Why in the fuck have they done that, mid weekend league? It's completely fucked me. Absolute shower of tossers.

6-7 now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7-8 at the halfway point.

Not sure how much longer I'll soldier on for.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The streak was finally stopped at 15. I've now had 2 absolutely excruciating losses back-to-back. The first saw me lose pushing in extra time. I'm shit at penalties so I tried for the winner and got stung.
    The 2nd saw the guy obviously feeding the ball into his players 25 yards out for first time finesse shots. I managed to snuff out every one, bar one, which of course flew in. Hit the post in the last minute pushing for an equaliser too.

From here I've 2 options really. 5-8 gets me Gold 1. 8-5 would get Elite 3. The level of opposition has kicked up a notch too. I was smashing 4+ goals a game easily up to the 15th win.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why in the fuck have they done that, mid weekend league? It's completely fucked me. Absolute shower of tossers.

6-7 now.
    It’s never been there in WL, only Rivals. Unless a bug meant it was there for a while.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15 wins on the bounce really is incredible. Cracking stuff Fox.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that Kroos as my replacement for Rabiot.

It means either swapping in Bale and IF Carvajal for Lalla and Mbappe or switching formation in game. May try the latter first and see if I can be arsed doing it. Either way, I can easily complete it with what’s in the club and the ‘opportunity cost’ should be worth it for a 91 Real/Germany special player in the long run anyway.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    It’s never been there in WL, only Rivals. Unless a bug meant it was there for a while.
    Fair enough, it's been a while since I've played FutChamps so have probably mis-remembered.

Gonna have to turn it off everywhere now then.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that Kroos as my replacement for Rabiot.

It means either swapping in Bale and IF Carvajal for Lalla and Mbappe or switching formation in game. May try the latter first and see if I can be arsed doing it. Either way, I can easily complete it with what’s in the club and the ‘opportunity cost’ should be worth it for a 91 Real/Germany special player in the long run anyway.
    The stat upgrade is so offensively bad that the only reason to do him is to have a 91 special card for future SBC's. Which is quite a compelling reason, I admit.

I'll leave it until 6 and see what comes then.

A new icon set would be nice.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's just enough of a boost to make it worthwhile since I was already of a mind to give him a go anyway. Plus, I can see myself building out further La Liga links this year. Got rid of quite a few untradeables too. The constant stream of 85/86 red cards is helping this year. When they were monthly rewards I'd always have had a weekend or two in the month that I didn't have much time resulting in me getting shite pulls - all 81/82s. This year I've had 8 or 9 85+ Red Cards, equivalent to £300-400k's worth.

Got a TOTGS Dzeko in the packs too, but he's only worth 18k. Hopefully there's a swap SBC.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I looking at the wrong cards? There's almost no boost at all.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has plus 3 over his normal card in terms of pace. After that its not great.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at the wrong card. The newer one is first in the comparison on Futbin for some reason.

Apologies, as you were.

A rage quit at 2-0 after only 20 minutes takes me to 9-9, comfortably my best showing at this stage so far I think. Would be silly not to push on and try and get Silver 1, but I've reached the fatigued stage now.

Are you on this weekend Danny?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. I have played about 10 games over the past two weeks. Eyes on the market and do some trading but cant be bothered to play.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got what I can only assume is no loss glitched at 10-9.

Close-ish game, which I was on top in. I score with Son (who is a beast by the way) to go 1-0 up, the screen freezes, connection lost and the game doesn't count.

Fucksticks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've stopped for a break. Managed to stop the rot and improved to 18-2. The last win has me needing a break. The guy was an ultimate ping-pong passer that I just played stupidly against. He went 2-0 up quickly. By then I got a bit used to him and managed to spring one counter on him, then some nice play saw it 2-2. He then raced into a 4-2 lead and I thought fuck it. Switched to 4-1-2-1-2 with the full backs pushing on. Overturned it inside 15 in game minutes. 3 lots of RB + Y through to Mbappe. Worked a treat. He sent me a message after the game telling me EA and I had just cost him Elite. A message back and forth indicated that was his last game and he finished 22-8.

10 games remaining puts me in the exact spot I didn't want to be in. Given the state of the potential TOTW I need to be getting into Gold 1. But a 5-5 record from here would get me Elite. The last thing I need is to do as the guy I just faced did and miss out on the last game having sacrificed a lot of sleep. I'm going to have to try though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 games from here shouldn't be too bad Fox. I've got no chance of finishing my games, currently 7-6, so I will aim for Silver 1 and just see how long I have left to determine if I push on tonight. I can't imagine what it was like when you had to complete 40 games in the past two iterations. Back in university, I would have had no problem smashing through them, but I've had my first kid this year and it's pretty much impossible to play during the day. 30 is a real struggle over the 3 nights.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Break time for me to. Some fucking odd stuff is going on and it's triggering the shit out of me.

2-0 down in the replayed 20th game, with 15 minutes left and the connection goes and it doesn't count as a loss for me. Admittedly I benefited that time, but what a shitshow.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good coin to be made from those two SBC's out tonight.

Think I'll do Kroos now as a result.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    10 games from here shouldn't be too bad Fox.
    My problem is being up at 5am for work tomorrow.

Thinking of selling my Bale and bringing in either Kante or Ramos. Bringing in Kante would drop Neymar to 8 chem, but Ramos would keep Fabinho being the one on 8.

Currently using the 83 Kimpembe.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English wingers are selling like crazy.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    English wingers are selling like crazy.
    Yep, just sold Walcott, Townsend, Gray and Satnislas for a combined 30k.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTGS Kroos is magic. 11 games, 9 wins, 3 goals and 6 assists. For a stay back CM, not a bad return at all, especially considering he’s replaced a geezer (Rabiot) that managed just 11 goals and 48 assists in 189 games.

Will bow bow out at Gold 2 or 1 as usual. Probably the former as I can’t be arsed playing past midnight tonight.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleared about 140k tonight on Premier League and La Liga 75-80 common golds.

I'll need to re-stock for the league SBC's, but hey ho.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made Silver 1 even more comfortably than last week, 11-7 so far. Might push on briefly and see how quickly Gold 3 can be achieved, but with work at 7am it might be tough. Futswap Guilavogui has been immense for me so far, just an all-round tank.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see a few competitors using Tierney in their teams in the FIFA tournament this weekend. Shame he can't really be fitted in without icons.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, why are they not using Roberto Carlos? I have barely seen him in these tournaments.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The third attempt to play the 20th game also ends in a disconnect. This time at 1-1.

What in the fuck is going on?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleared about 140k tonight on Premier League and La Liga 75-80 common golds.

I'll need to re-stock for the league SBC's, but hey ho.
    Made money on the EPL English wingers at 5k a pop but which La Liga players are going?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    Interesting to see a few competitors using Tierney in their teams in the FIFA tournament this weekend. Shame he can't really be fitted in without icons.
    I’d love to get him in at some point. Looks as good as any LB I’ve seen in the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Dembele likely to get a totw? Hold me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made money on the EPL English wingers at 5k a pop but which La Liga players are going?
    Centre Backs and Full Backs. 2k a pop when I sold them.

EDIT: Spanish ones.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 10-12-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has made those players jump in price?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the SBC's with the brick slots in it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any suggestions on how to improve? I've got 700k in the bank right now.

Weakest link is by far the striker. I tried IF Arnautovic, Lingard and now Gabriel Jesus, I have not been impressed with any of them. Lingard is the best against the AI but when I play rivals he gets bullied. Says a lot that Kroos with 0.41 gpg is my best scorer.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished the 20th game at the 4th attempt and it was probably the best game I've ever played on FIFA. Winning 5-0 against someone who'd I'd class as a good player.

Weathered the storm, scored two goals with fake passes, it was awesome.

So that takes me to 11-9 and Silver 1. I should be going to bed, but 3 wins from 10 gets me Gold 3. God dammit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow - Have you tried Aubameyang?

His potm is special, but I'm guessing his IF or even gold card will be pretty good too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not, although he is one I'm thinking about (Aguero and Kane on the list too).

Thinking about switching to a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow in game or starting with it. It makes Sterling and Felipe Anderson less effective but the rest of the team plays so much better.

Every time I switch to it now, I find myself troubling opponents a hell of a lot more.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0. 12-9 and my first hate message.

"Fucking luck"

I don't know what's happening here lads, but something seems to have clicked. Cue an 8 game losing streak.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won my first game after reaching Silver 1 which gave me hope that Gold 3 wouldn't be too long to reach, but since lost 3 on the trot, to either great opponents or utter cunts. I can feel myself getting irritated and tired so I'm leaving it there, 12-10 and Silver 1.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-1. Another rage quit. 13-9.

1 win in 8 needed to surpass anything I thought I could do this weekend. In fact, I probably already have.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh, there's a Matthaus on a start price of 858k. Now might be the moment.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Any suggestions on how to improve? I've got 700k in the bank right now.

Weakest link is by far the striker. I tried IF Arnautovic, Lingard and now Gabriel Jesus, I have not been impressed with any of them. Lingard is the best against the AI but when I play rivals he gets bullied. Says a lot that Kroos with 0.41 gpg is my best scorer.
    Maybe this? It's given me food for thought that I may come back to for myself... Werner interchangeable with Lewandowski.

Should cost around 550k with those you already have.

Suggest upgrading Kroos from UCL to the TOTGS since the former still sells for 80k and the latter is 100k with a couple of decent packs back... If you're willing to go untradable and providing the UCL is tradable!