Page 73 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 8609

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Amazon have sent me a £5 off voucher for the new COD. I have zero interest so if anyone wants the code let me know. Has to be used this week.
    Bought it like 3 days ago

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Amazon have sent me a £5 off voucher for the new COD. I have zero interest so if anyone wants the code let me know. Has to be used this week.

May be worth looking through emails if you've bought a game from them recently as they seem to have done this for various games. My mate got one for FIFA.
    It's the new thing if you've got Prime. They used to give 20% off pre-orders and a $10 anything on Amazon voucher if you bought more than a game a week but they cut out the pre-order thing and now it's specific titles for the codes.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tetris Effect's demo is out now for this weekend only. It's great. Miz can really, really pick a soundtrack.
    Last edited by Shindig; 04-11-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone used to read Digitiser on teletext? Well it's now a (somewhat hit and miss) real life actual show on Youtube.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not enough bikini babes for my liking.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's alright. It's a little bit like a crowdfunded Shooting Stars featuring youtube people you may have heard of.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirt Rally was going for cheap so I picked it up. It is so good.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh 'eck. It's a fiver. My PC won't survive that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Dirt Rally, closest thing to the original Colin McRae games before they all went a bit mad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not Richard Burns Rally good, but it is as close as I have played. I also just noticed that they are releasing a new version next year, which I am now looking forward to.

I also got Project Cars 2. I didn't like it at first. Then I drove the Caterham.

I will need to give it more time, but it seems inferior to both iRacing and Assetto Corsa.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't gone back to Assetto Corsa since it was pumping 70-80 degrees into my CPU. I know it's good but I'd have to play it in 20 minute stints to prevent fire.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Madden Ultimate team had a little glitch today.

In Solo Battles (FIFA's solo battles) they processed rewards today as they're doing a special event where the competition is daily rather than weekly. They fucked up though and ended up giving people who finished in Ultimate (like me) the rewards for finishing in first but twice.

I was meant to get 20k coins and 7 collectibles with a total of 4 packs but they ended up giving me (and loads of others) 200k, 60 collectibles and 2 packs. They also then gave out the correct rewards later on.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With how dodgy their output is now (on a technical standpoint) I can genuinely believe EA's in some sort of financial crisis.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    With how dodgy their output is now (on a technical standpoint) I can genuinely believe EA's in some sort of financial crisis.
    They made 5 billion last year and just got a 14% tax cut. They're fine.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too sure. They've been rushing games out more since they signed with Disney. FIFA's knackered, Madden's knackered, Battlefield V is underwhelming, etc. There was the daft rumour at the start of the year about a Microsoft buyout which raises an eyebrow.

EDIT: Ah, Mass Effect Andromeda was so bad they killed the franchise. Battlefront 2's microtransactions might've actually started the whole political intervention that's going around Europe. At some point, they might need to do something drastic to bring back hearts and minds. Overall, though, the quality's just collapsed from their products.
    Last edited by Shindig; 24-11-2018 at 12:41 PM.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did they get rid of the real weekly matchups in the Madden 19 exhibition game menu?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too sure. They've been rushing games out more since they signed with Disney. FIFA's knackered, Madden's knackered, Battlefield V is underwhelming, etc. There was the daft rumour at the start of the year about a Microsoft buyout which raises an eyebrow.
    You're having a breakdown if you think EA are in financial trouble.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should've probably said mismanagement. If Anthem doesn't hit, Bioware is done.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bioware was done years ago, it's now just a skin worn by a small appendage of EA to try and appeal to a certain sector of the market. This is now their MO, buy well known studios, milk their reputation for as long as possible then in the bin they go. In the background all the normal staples are still raking in massive wedges of cash and the quality of games seems not to matter. No-one cares if the latest FIFA or Battlefield is a bit crap because floods of plebs are going to buy it anyway, the last Mass Effect was a steaming pile of awful shite yet made a killing in sales.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: Ah, Mass Effect Andromeda was so bad they killed the franchise. Battlefront 2's microtransactions might've actually started the whole political intervention that's going around Europe. At some point, they might need to do something drastic to bring back hearts and minds. Overall, though, the quality's just collapsed from their products.
    You're conflating bad press with bad financial results. To put in perspective how well they're doing, their stock has dropped 50% from Q2 2018 to Q3 today and it's still higher than anytime before Q2 2017.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also picked up Wreckfest. It allows me to race lawnmowers, do I need say more?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You're conflating bad press with bad financial results. To put in perspective how well they're doing, their stock has dropped 50% from Q2 2018 to Q3 today and it's still higher than anytime before Q2 2017.
    Nah, I'm trying to correlate a decline in quality with quotes from a loose-lipped employee at a trade show one of our writers attended. Hint. Hint.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitman 2 is so fucking fun. What a stupid, delightful game. A quicksave button would be great though, I feel like I've forgot to save and died several times so I just quit out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to stream me playing some Hitman:

https://www.twitch.tv/trip__tv

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasteland 2 finished last night, now onto either Divinity OS 2 or Shadowrun Returns.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you play Divinity OS 2 pick a character, don't create your own. If you want more specific recommendations I can do that too but definitely pick a character and tailor it to your needs.

Amazing game. I was a bit gutted to do the last third or so solo after my mate lost interest but it's still good single player.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good job you're here Webly because I was going to do the exact opposite. Now it seems my most important decision is how big a moustache to give my skele-boy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created a character and regretted it. Not totally but enough.

You went with Fane, then?

And you can still change literally everything else anyway, the only reason you're picking a character is so you have a backstory and more dialogue options.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about hat selection? Do you get more or less if you create a character?

Edit: Oh, and gold?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hats are excellent though not affected by type of character. There is it as much as goldness as the Cord-esque among us may want.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got to Mumbai on HItman and it's absolutely mental. There are people everywhere. It's almost impossible to move let alone find somewhere no-one can see you. So fun. Every map so far feels like it rewards totally different playstyles.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playstation Classic arrives today.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got to Mumbai on HItman and it's absolutely mental. There are people everywhere. It's almost impossible to move let alone find somewhere no-one can see you. So fun. Every map so far feels like it rewards totally different playstyles.
    I still have a few trophies to get from Hitman Season 1 which i started again this weekend. Going to dive into Season 2 wants ive got all the trophies for season 1. I have 8% left.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Playstation Classic arrives today.
    Mine arrived

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I don't rate Manhunt. Five missions in and I've hit my limit. The stealth's the best bit but being discovered is instant death and saves are getting to be further and further apart.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I still have a few trophies to get from Hitman Season 1 which i started again this weekend. Going to dive into Season 2 wants ive got all the trophies for season 1. I have 8% left.
    If you own Hitman 1 then you can get the levels built for Hitman 2 free of charge. Don't bother finishing that trophy and get them in the 2nd.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I don't rate Manhunt. Five missions in and I've hit my limit. The stealth's the best bit but being discovered is instant death and saves are getting to be further and further apart.
    I love stealth games but I found it a bit of a chore as well. It's all well and good having a scenario where stealth being broken = oh shit but I didn't feel it gave you enough desperation tools to deal with it reliably.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I love stealth games but I found it a bit of a chore as well. It's all well and good having a scenario where stealth being broken = oh shit but I didn't feel it gave you enough desperation tools to deal with it reliably.
    It feels so of it's time with the Splinter Cell esque fail scenarios and then controlled like a Rockstar game. I played it about 6 months of 'omg banned game' hype later and we were playing SSX Tricky within the hour.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels so of it's time with the Splinter Cell esque fail scenarios and then controlled like a Rockstar game.
    That's probably more the issue than what I said, now you mention it. Demanding a precision of you that it can't always offer.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the precision that bothered me. More the consistency. At first, it's good at giving you feedback about your movement and sound. The idea that the enemies have to give away their position with sound (or you lure them with yours) is great. Unfortunately, I rarely felt powerful. Why can't I strangle people with my bare hands? Did I go to prison for a different kind of murder? How come enemies sometimes don't get drawn to my position when I try to lure them? James Earl Cash has 1:24 of dialogue. 40 seconds of that are his screams. He has no character. Why should I care about saving his family in one mission? Why should I care about getting out of Starkweather's film?
    Last edited by Shindig; 05-12-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Smash Bros but I'm fucking bad at it so I just stick to the jukebox function which has, frankly, an absurdly large amount of stuff.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot about it coming out. I'll go pick it up later. Now I have something to do while my students take their final .

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The single player is very good.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the only thing that I'll be playing, so it's good to know.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CTR is back

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolfenstein 2 having you start out in a wheelchair is a bit lol.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    It's a good job you're here Webly because I was going to do the exact opposite. Now it seems my most important decision is how big a moustache to give my skele-boy.
    Did you make a start on this in the end?

I'm watching the RPS Let's Play of it and fighting the urge to start it again.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm already planning a second playthrough so I can mess about with the characters/classes I haven't used this time.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you own Hitman 1 then you can get the levels built for Hitman 2 free of charge. Don't bother finishing that trophy and get them in the 2nd.
    I already bought hitman 1 goty editon for £8 and finfished off the trophies I couldnt acquire. Im not moving onto hitman 2

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Well I'm already planning a second playthrough so I can mess about with the characters/classes I haven't used this time.
    Lad. Who have you used this time?

The ones I used most (because I made my.own characters like an idiot) were Lohse and Red Prince. The latter of whom became an unkillable sword-and-board tank.