User Tag List

Page 172 of 236 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,600 of 11773

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfectly well, but in our absence they remodelled our office and destroyed our team area, made it all hot desking where you are subjected to plebs on teams calls without headphones constantly. I would be a lot happier going back in with my name on my desk and my pc tower not in the bin.
    Last edited by Lofty; 17-10-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to buckle and switch to almost full-remote due to recruitment just being a nightmare. Any developers that are decent want remote work, which is fair enough I guess.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    What is it you're doing again? Given I am now being forced to do that in my job but without the pay rise for three years.
    General Medical Council mate. It's in Spinningfields.

Failing that they're looking for lay tribunal members at £310 a day to help decide tribunals.

No experience needed, minimum 35 days a year. Decent wedge for sitting around deliberating.

https://jobs.gmc-uk.org/vacancy/mpts...rs-502502.html

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically policing people like Random, top stuff.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll send it to Lee. Thanks

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how any of these employees in fields which have full remote working roles as the norm have any kind of remaining presence left in the UK. Imagine what you could do with a London salary in Vietnam/Costa Rica/etc.

As it is, the war is over and I am raising the white flag. Really didn't think they'd be able to make the 3 day weeks stick but here we are, 6 months+ later. The odd occasion I only do 2 for whatever reason makes it clear just how preferable that would be, the commute is just too much so I think I may be looking at a move back into London.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent the day finalising guides on how to do parts of my old job. Who needs a training department eh.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    As it is, the war is over and I am raising the white flag. Really didn't think they'd be able to make the 3 day weeks stick but here we are, 6 months+ later. The odd occasion I only do 2 for whatever reason makes it clear just how preferable that would be, the commute is just too much so I think I may be looking at a move back into London.
    Are you commuting from MK to London? No wonder you hate it. Would need a helicopter to make that tolerable.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the one day a week for me and I'm a forty minute walk away from the office. Read it and weep, Don.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how any of these employees in fields which have full remote working roles as the norm have any kind of remaining presence left in the UK. Imagine what you could do with a London salary in Vietnam/Costa Rica/etc.

Fully remote doesn't meant "work from anywhere" - mostly it means work from the same country. Some companies are more flexible, but the limiting factor tends to be taxation, i.e. where they have office locations and can route payroll.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Are you commuting from MK to London? No wonder you hate it. Would need a helicopter to make that tolerable.
    1hr15 d2d with only the single train 5 days a week into the big buzzing metropolis filled with fellow workers was a glorious time pre-pandemic.

An office move has it now at 1hr45 with 2 additional tube trains and a walk through Westfield surrounded by hyperconsumerism and cultural and spiritual poverty (as well as West Ham cunts on matchdays). The difference is incredible.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got notified in an email this morning I got 12.5% upcoming. I had to check it wasn't from a Nigerian prince.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last bump was 2.5%

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12.5% of fuck all is still fuck all, though I wouldn't swap it these days because of the van.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just boost it with all the overtime I can grab. And whatever rewards colleagues throw at me for being noticeably good at my job.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1hr15 d2d with only the single train 5 days a week into the big buzzing metropolis filled with fellow workers was a glorious time pre-pandemic.

An office move has it now at 1hr45 with 2 additional tube trains and a walk through Westfield surrounded by hyperconsumerism and cultural and spiritual poverty (as well as West Ham cunts on matchdays). The difference is incredible.
    I'm currently on 1hr30 two days a week into London. I'm not finding it too bad but only 5 months in and much of that has had strikes and other random shit.

Doesn't help that Thameslink trains are prone to capitulation a few times a week.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I've had to buckle and switch to almost full-remote due to recruitment just being a nightmare. Any developers that are decent want remote work, which is fair enough I guess.
    This tracks with the people I know. My partner's just changed job and she restricted her search to basically fully-remote roles (junior dev) only.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my job woes I’ve since applied for two new jobs.

One sounds great - a bit like Tetris of activity for an offshore platform trying to make it all fit, the other being about “low carbon” project management, which would either be very interesting or just the worst job ever.

What it did do is prick up my boss’ boss as to why an engineer like me would want to do something like that ( ie £££ and lack of recognition in disciple).

He even called me competent.

Told them flat out if they pay me the equivalent to my promotion id get for leaving I’d be happy to stay and guide them through the next 2-3 years of torture they’ve got planned, and he seemed pretty open to it.

Hopefully the £10k modification I’ve just done that will generate £250m over the next 40 years peaks their interest to make it happen.

Sadly, I suspect I’ll be told I’m not allowed to leave and they won’t pay me a penny more.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My commute to work is 4 hours but I only do it once a month. The rest I'm working from the home office. Remote working ftw.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indicative ballot for strike action over teacher's pay was 86% in favour of strike action; postal ballot up next. Can't see the govt actually meeting demands so this could go on.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will have to in the end, they can't afford schools closing.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mon the teachers.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I'll come to the office if you have a Graphic Design position. I'm chronically unemployed.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, the Arab was off 'working from home', although it was common knowledge he had Covid, not least because his brother came into the office and said: "He's really laid low with Covid".

This morning, the Arab came into the office looking like death. I said: "Don't you have Covid?" He said "Yes." We all sort of looked at each other. Then he went upstairs and knocked on the MD's office door. The MD answered. The Arab strode in and said I HAVE COVID!

When asked what on earth he was doing here, he sort of lost his head a bit and said he was looking for tests. When questioned further, he walked into the finance office, pointed at Catherine the credit controller, and said: SHE gave me covid!

Catherine the credit controller said well, actually, I haven't had covid, or been ill, so do one mate. He kept on shouting (he only ever shouts, doesn't talk normally) SHE gave me covid! I have Covid from her! until the MD managed to bundle him out of the building.

The company's best brains have come together but still haven't managed to explain this one. Covid has addled his brain? It's the only explanation.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Catherine, how dare the ugly bitch start handing out Covid.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arab's now back at home and sending me stuff on chat. He was talking about using his own money to hire a car while at the trade fair we're going to next week. I said that he didn't need to and indeed that it would be insane to do so. He came back with this:

[16:07]
    If you say I dont need a car then ill wear sport to kick ass on trains

[16:07]
    ill make sure we will have a full place all by them selfs
    with no violence
    Read it approximately ten times now and still not the foggiest.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sort of flair for language and communication is what the gammonati will spill blood to supress.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between him and Don is it really wrong to say they should all be done away with?

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errr I mean I don't want to sound like some snowflake but Jesus Giggles man wtf

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd usually be on your side but the only other Iranian I can think of is Omid Djalili. It's not a nation of winners.

EDIT. Shut my mouth. Mansour Bahrami. Protect him at all costs. And the Iron Sheik.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stupid cunt's just come back into the office again, despite still having covid. He ducked down low below the partition windows as he walked in from reception, so I think I was the only one that saw him. He's just sat down in his office, and I can't be bothered to start the fight, so I wonder how long it will be until someone else does.

I think he's one of these extreme extroverts who literally can't cope with being alone.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sounds like he needs sealing into his house.

And slapping.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make him the regional manager for China and send him over

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had a shouting match with the Indian (Arab v Indian shouting matches are good fun to watch) and has been sent upstairs to an exclusion zone.

I'm going to Heathrow with him at 4am next week, what a day it's going to be.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you had the Rona yet? And if not are you looking forward to it?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he won't have to go on the work trip if he catches it now.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    At least he won't have to go on the work trip if he catches it now.
    In that place? They'll probably just make him sign something and go on his own.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. It's not like they'll send someone in his place.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my......it's been a bit of a week.....one step forward and two steps back.....think I am incrementally moving in the right direction

No.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up for my taxi to go to Germany, this day is not going to end until after a dinner with The Boss and 4 Spanish customers (in a shitty Munich Italian) at about 11pm German time.

I'm so over this shit. Let me push pens.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The taxi driver's opening gambit: 'I've had the trots, but hopefully I'll be OK this morning'.

Best of luck to you all in your endeavours today.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict the arab causes carnage before you even arrive in Munich.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do sympathise with his plight trying to go through an airport on an Iraqi passport. Didn't even get as far as security before he got dragged into a side room for questioning.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The taxi driver's opening gambit: 'I've had the trots, but hopefully I'll be OK this morning'.

Best of luck to you all in your endeavours today.
    For the sake of the thread it is all of our duties to pray to Montezuma that the cabby has Noro and we get a live-posting version of that Peep Show episode where Mark was due to go on a worktrip with Johnson.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My longer term prediction is that Jimmy's mate gives the security staff COVID and flights back are cancelled because there's nobody to man security and pester foreigners.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up for my taxi to go to Germany, this day is not going to end until after a dinner with The Boss and 4 Spanish customers (in a shitty Munich Italian) at about 11pm German time.

I'm so over this shit. Let me push pens.
    16 hours later, 7 of them spent travelling with the Arab and 8 more on the stand meeting people, this dinner is still ahead of me. FUCK OFF

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 3 hours of work talk and belittling you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then you have to write your essay detailing the last 24 hours for us, what a day Jim.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the last thread called, Jimon Iberico?

I'm here for Jimtober Fest. There might be a better food one but it's not springing to mind.

Either way we'll be expecting the thread tomorrow, Jimmy.