Results 951 to 1,000 of 2528

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2019

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Those are the types of signing i like to see big teams make. buy the better players, from the lesser teams in the same league. Instead of signing some player for the same price who used to be good five years ago. Like Coutinho.
    I actually can't tell if you're serious or not.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Why? Selling him was the best thing ever happend your lot.
    Sacking Rodgers and hiring Jurgen Klopp has to be up there.....

As it is, I would take Coutinho back too because it's better to have good players than not but part of me also thinks, fuck him. No issues with how he left but quite frankly, we've moved on without him and he wouldn't even be the first name on the sheet anymore. Probably not even in the first 7/8 names which is a sign of how far we've progressed lately.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil can go and fuck himself with a carrot.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Those are the types of signing i like to see big teams make. buy the better players, from the lesser teams in the same league..
    Joe Allen says hi.

The list is long. Ł55m for a young player with one decent season under his belt is absolutely mental, but it's also completely par for the course. He looks a good prospect, but expectations are a bit different at United compared to Palace. Well, you'd hope they would be anyway.

Liverpool gaming a couple of top class full backs for peanuts is probably as key a contributor in their rise as have been the ridiculously good signings of Mané and Salah.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Allen is at the bottom of the list, whereas the Likes of Wijnaldum are at the top. Its a gamble worth taking. Otherwise go and spend the same money on RB like Danny Carvajal

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Joe Allen says hi.

The list is long. Ł55m for a young player with one decent season under his belt is absolutely mental, but it's also completely par for the course. He looks a good prospect, but expectations are a bit different at United compared to Palace. Well, you'd hope they would be anyway.

Liverpool gaming a couple of top class full backs for peanuts is probably as key a contributor in their rise as have been the ridiculously good signings of Mané and Salah.
    We got lucky with Robertson and Trent in fairness and the key contributor for the costs for full backs is Guardiola.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't apply 'just do what Liverpool' did to other teams. The entire pressing thing is built around ignoring any natural instinct you may have as a player and pouncing once the opposition have created the shape you've been drilled in training to recognize.

From the kick-off, Huddersfield go back to holding midfielder Jon Gorenc Stankovic, who plays it right to central defender Christopher Schindler. Daniel Sturridge closes Schindler down, and Sadio Mane is close to the right back Tommy Smith, so Schindler plays it back to goalkeeper Jonas Lössl and runs towards the right corner of the Huddersfield box to make himself available for a return pass.

Except Sturridge has angled his run to close down Lössl such that he is also threatening that return pass to Schindler, and he has Mane in support. The other centre half, Terence Kongolo, has split to the left corner of the Huddersfield box, but Mohamed Salah is close by: too risky. The easiest available pass is up the middle to Stankovic, who is unmarked and appears to be in space.

Appearances can be deceptive. Naby Keďta is a good 15 yards away from Stankovic, on the far side of another Huddersfield midfielder, Jonathan Hogg. Hogg is pointing and gesticulating to team-mates and paying no attention to Keďta, whose orientation at this moment seems to be entirely defensive.

In fact Keďta is waiting to spring the trap. As the ball goes back to Lössl, he knows his team-mates are leaving the goalkeeper with only two options: hit it long, or pass to Stankovic in the middle. At the precise instant he sees Lössl has chosen the short rather than the long pass, Keďta takes off, goes past Hogg before Hogg realises what is happening, and arrives on Stankovic’s blindside as he turns with the ball and attempts to pass. Keďta blocks the ball to the nearby Salah, runs into the area, collects the return pass and scores.
    You couldn't just do a Liverpool as Spurs because they're built to win the ball in a low/mid-block, counter in numbers and using professional fouls to stop any counter-counter. They rely on quality to get the ball from front to back so need Eriksen AND Winks whereas Liverpool can have 3 plodders because they're winning the ball so much higher up.

(Not knocking their signings, but Shaqiri wouldn't work out at most other clubs due to over-reliance etc)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totttenham have agreed a Ł65m deal for Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon. Add another mad fee after one season for a young player.
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 26-06-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at Monaco's transfers out and it's staggering how many flopped. Lemar has been decidedly average since moving to AM, Kongolo and Diakaby both got relegated, Ghezzal couldn't even prove to be a budget version of Mahrez, Mbappe I'm not including since he left technically on loan the year before and Fabinho took a while to get going to.

I legit fear these bigger ŁŁ signings from Ligue 1. It's a bigger lottery than the Dutch league.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been quite consistent for Lyon for two whole seasons now, hasn't he? I'm not saying that means all too much, but he does seem like a pretty good talent to me.

Between him, Dier and Wanyama, Spurs will be able to field a right shit-kicker midfield.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dutch league dosent really have big transfer fees though. A striker who scores 50 league goals over there, used to cost about Ł10m

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is where all that good reserch would be useful if we could reserect the old board. We did the numbers from the dutch league in relation to players being sucsesful once they moved on and there were only 8 players on the list at the time.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    I was looking at Monaco's transfers out and it's staggering how many flopped. Lemar has been decidedly average since moving to AM, Kongolo and Diakaby both got relegated, Ghezzal couldn't even prove to be a budget version of Mahrez, Mbappe I'm not including since he left technically on loan the year before and Fabinho took a while to get going to.

I legit fear these bigger ŁŁ signings from Ligue 1. It's a bigger lottery than the Dutch league.

It's not just Ligue 1, I think this always happens when you have a team from one of the smaller leagues that has a "golden generation" that over-performs as a unit. More often then not they are all quite young, and have played together for a while, has a manager that manages to get the best out of them as a team, etc. Then when they split that, they individually don't hold up to the task required to change league and team environments (to a higher lever, as well).

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's what worries me in fairness, seems to have had a good season even with an alleged dodgy knee but then Depay is smashing that division up too and look how he panned out (slightly unfair given his age and club he was at) but yeah, Ligue 1 scares the shit out of me.

Bruno Fernandes being linked suggests it won't be Fekir anyway.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    It's not just Ligue 1, I think this always happens when you have a team from one of the smaller leagues that has a "golden generation" that over-performs as a unit. More often then not they are all quite young, and have played together for a while, has a manager that manages to get the best out of them as a team, etc. Then when they split that, they individually don't hold up to the task required to change league and team environments (to a higher lever, as well).
    You can't argue with that tbh. Seems plausible.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mane, Hazard, Fabinho, Mahrez, Lacazette, Bernardo, Mendy, Mbappe, Kante, Guendouzi etc.

I think Ligue 1 has had an alright decade.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diouf, Cheyrou and Salif Diao.

Ligue 1 can fuck off. Those you listed haven't done too bad granted but none of them really had one good season before sodding off like the majority of youngsters there? They'd actually been playing their trade for a few years in that division.

Hence I wouldn't include most of who you added by virtue of them being better after leaving France than they were in France. Mane had to move to Germany, Hazard had already been doing it a few years before signing for Chelsea, Mahrez was a punt for a championship team at the time and Kante....well, he just popped up from nowhere hasn't he.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mane went to Austria, I think his career was a bit a slow burner.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather these noname players gets their shots then some elite player who has been falling off for a few years.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mistaking RB Salzburg with RB Leipzig. :moop

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny fucking miller is still playing. He has signed for Patrick Thistle in the socttish prem at 39. One of the first Wolves games I went to, was when Wolves beat Man Utd 1-0 at Molinuex. He picked the ball up from the halfway line, dribbling past six Man Utd defenders before leaving Ferdinand on his back and slotting the ball with the finese, past Tim Howard.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Wan Bissaka to Utd is done.
    I thought this was done?

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/s...46012731252736

EDIT: Topic change. How about Arsenal then? It's a good job the stadium meant they could compete isn't it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like United have done a reasonable job of not having their pants pulled down, so Palace must know he's actually shit or something.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be Wan-Bissaka the most expensive right back of all time ahead of Kyle Walker and Dani Alves?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It sounds like United have done a reasonable job of not having their pants pulled down, so Palace must know he's actually shit or something.
    I don't know if you clicked the link Lewis but I think it sounds more like they don't want to be giving United money back when Zaha goes for big money. Apparently United have a % of it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It says the sell-on clause remains in place.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25% of an amount no-one is going to pay for him though, so it's probably a bit moot.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Arsenal would have if they got into the Champions League. If he does go then I reckon Palace could be a value bet for relegation @6/1. Bournemouth should have an eye kept on them too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this was done?

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/s...46012731252736

EDIT: Topic change. How about Arsenal then? It's a good job the stadium meant they could compete isn't it.
    It is done. I'll have Ł50 on it with you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ndombele is going to be fucking amazing

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going purely off of stats, which paints a good picture if not the whole one (especiallyplaying in that shit league), he seems a bit underwhelming. A 'prospect', sure, but is he any better than Winks, who will most likely be the one losing playing time to him?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What stats? Winks isn’t any good. N’Dombele is a phenomenal dribbler and passer

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's no AWB stats-wise, that's for sure:

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most looks like a cat.

Toggle Spoiler
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is done. I'll have Ł50 on it with you.
    Nah, you're alright. I just assumed it would have been announced by now. It's a good signing by default of shifting Ashley Young.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's no AWB stats-wise, that's for sure:

He’s actually got a pretty similar stat sheet (among all Ligue 1 players): https://mobile.twitter.com/Squawka/s...01068939350016

Or maybe just Lyon players. I can’t tell.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I think Ligue 1 has had an alright decade.
    Diouf, Cheyrou and Salif Diao.
    They all left in 2002. Closer to two decades ago rather than one

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear it only feels like a couple of years ago where we saw in the millennium.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is a take-on?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    What the fuck is a take-on?
    When you dribble past man?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wouldn't they call that a successful dribble or something then?

Anyway, that stat wankery is lolworthy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Why wouldn't they call that a successful dribble or something then?

Anyway, that stat wankery is lolworthy.
    The Pogba stats are the best ones. One man team lad

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea are fucked is what that tells you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll just sign a replacement.

Oh.

Lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atletico Madrid are paying Benfica 126m euros for Joao Felix.

Now that is fucking insane.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to ask where they're getting that kind of money from.

Surely Barcelona can't afford Neymar back and the Grease man.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re minted now, aren’t they? No other reason Griezmann signed an extension

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorginho being in the Chelsea bit flies in the face of him being shit, no? Most passes in the final third and won more possession than Kante? I thought the big issue with him was that he just passed it sideways a few yards? Or is it because opinion turned against Sarri and he was a Sarri man?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was really good last few months of the season.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most passes into the final third, not in it, and he must have had the most in the league in terms of that stat and passes generally. Doesn't mean he wasn't a largely ineffectual and at times a major weak point. I'm sure Kanté would have won possession more had he not been playing right wing but who knows. I know which one I'd have.