User Tag List

Page 84 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,200 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching the Xbox final at this event. The score is currently 7-3 on aggregate, the guy winning has scored 6 goals from these crosses. Including TOTY Messi winning one against Viera.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more 16 year olds compete in these the more the gambling authorities will be coming after EA.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'm watching the Xbox final at this event. The score is currently 7-3 on aggregate, the guy winning has scored 6 goals from these crosses. Including TOTY Messi winning one against Viera.
    There was a clip on reddit yesterday where someone had equalized to make it 5-5 in the final minutes. The guy who conceded went right up the other end and 180 no scope time finessed it into the top corner. Finesse and kick off cheese in one goal. You really couldnt tell who scored the late winner looking at their face cams. I will try dig it up

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was amazing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is, they can patch the finesse shots(looks like they have according to PC players) but this crossing thing is a systematic problem with FIFA. It works because the attackers in general can and do react a lot faster than the defenders. So they end up getting their head to the ball more than they should.

You've seen it in past FIFA games, but the attackers who are small and agile can keep changing directions way faster than your defender can react. It still works now, but people wanting to abuse the middle for finesse shots has overshadowed it. I fear once finesse shots are taken away, crossing will be the new go-to thing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really annoyed with the foul system. I seem to get penalised for nothing and the enemy can get away with most things.

If the shoe was on the other foot that would have been ruled out for me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Rooney with a load of untradeables last night for no other reason than it’s Rooney. Sold all my 83s and 84s too so now sit at 1.3m coins.

No one I really want so think I’ll save packs from now until the next decent promo and build more using league SBC’s funded by bpm and selling consumables.

I have over 1,000 standard gold contracts, which is over 150k coins if I can shift them all....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    La Liga & Saudi sbcs out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/19/player/184...m=10&schem=100

Pissing hell.

He's going to be a dick off the bench.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11-5 which is what I finished on last week.

Not sure if I should push on or stick.

Also seeing as it's been a while here are the squad stats:

GK: Baby Van Der Sar (62 games played)
    RB: FFS Trent Alexander Arnold (43 games, 1 goal, 7 assists)
    CB: TOTY Van Dijk (83 games, 2 goals, 1 assist)
    CB: TOTY Varane (63 games, 5 goals, 1 assist)
    LB: TOTY Marcelo (83 games, 2 goals, 18 assists)
    CDM: Prime Keane (187 games, 9 goals, 28 assists)
    CM: Futmas KDB (162 games, 56 goals, 46 assists)
    CM: RTTF Kondogbia (78 games, 9 goals, 25 assists)
    CAM: FFS Aouar (18 games, 14 goals, 5 assists)
    ST: Prime Raul (84 games, 70 goals, 22 assists)
    ST: Prime Crespo (160 games, 174 goals, 49 assists)

Still a little low on midfield assists (not sure why) but I'm happy. Aouar has done all of that in WL bar 2 games on Legendary SB and he feels quality, really runs games for me. @The Merse, I'd highly recommend him.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've got most of the Saudi's so that'll be another fire sale/pack spree tonight.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Mahow, you don't seem to get (m)any assists at all.

The players there have scored 342 between them, but only have 202 assists. Obviously players will have dropped out, but as it is fewer than 60% of your goals are assisted.

Have you recently dropped someone with fuckloads of assists?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I don't understand it.

The only player I took out recently was Scholes who didn't have many to his name.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly just scoring rebound cheese all the time eh?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OTW Promes is now going for 160k+.So tempting for a player I'll probably not use again.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 30-40k a pop you could have near quadrupled your money on those from a week ago.

I'd left my WL progress at 12-0, but woke up an hour ago and was unable to get back to sleep. Decided fuck it, people usually quit out at this stage if they go behind, so I don't mind if I have to quit a few myself. Went for 14 wins and got it in 2. First game saw me pen the guy back for 30 odd minutes before eventually scoring and he quit. 2nd game was very close. Went to pens and I'm glad I've had lots of practice here. My opponent felt nervous as all of his pens barely strayed from the middle. As such I managed to save 3, however he guessed right on 3 of mine, but 2 of them were precisely aimed into the corner. Both of those managed to curl away from the keeper and find side netting. If I were a little less precise or if he had taken a step to the side before diving, he'd have saved both.

After that I went and opened the pack waiting for me in the store:

Not bad I guess.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA will stop selling FIFA 19 points in Belgium starting January 31

https://www.ea.com/en-ca/news/fifa-points-belgium

After further discussions with the Belgian authorities, we have decided to stop offering FIFA Points for sale in Belgium. We’re working to make these changes effective in our FIFA console and PC games by January 31, 2019. This means that players in Belgium will not be able to purchase points to obtain FIFA Ultimate Team packs. Players still can access Ultimate Team and play with their existing players. All content in the game can be earned through gameplay, as has always been the case, and players can continue to use coins and the in-game transfer market. Any players in Belgium that have existing FIFA Points in their accounts can continue to use them, but they will not be able to purchase more. We apologize to our players in Belgium for any inconvenience caused by this change.

We seek to bring choice, fairness, value and fun to our players in all our games. In addition to providing players options in how they play, we include pack probabilities in our games for the transparency players want to make informed content choices. While we are taking this action, we do not agree with Belgian authorities’ interpretation of the law, and we will continue to seek more clarity on the matter as we go forward. The impact of this change to FIFA Ultimate Team in Belgium is not material to our financial performance.
    This means that 2K, Valve, Blizzard and now EA as well (at least for FIFA 19) have stopped offering (paid) loot boxes in Belgium.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch is out. I’ll give it a go on squad battles pro difficulty to test a few things out when I get in.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nesta out, no icons needed, but a fair few IFs and he's not very good.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch seems decent to me. Just had one of those really satisfying games that affirms why you bother, going 3-0 down to a drag back spam merchant (I hate that move), I scored a couple of bangers to go 3-2 down on 69 mins. At which point, he started passing around the back and trying to time waste to victory. Did the cunt 3-3 and he tried the same. Enter Edison Cavani once more, sealing his hat-trick with yet another 99 shot power thundercunt to make it 4-3. If there’s something I play this game for, it’s beating shitehawks like this. 4-0 in Rivals today, and going well all week so might actually not avoid promotion this week and see if D4 is any more enjoyable than it was the last time I didn’t start forfeiting matches to avoid it.

Back in WL this weekend too. Might buy that IF Goretzka for it, as a supersub, as he looks top notch. Will also be taking OTW Promes on the bench too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a quick go with the new patch this morning and specifically tried to find out about timed finesse. They seem completely random now. Some fly in, others even with CR7 go miles wide or seem underpowered.

The thing that does worry me is they haven't touched how strong defensive AI is. I played a guy who just had drop back on and I was camped 25 yards out. He was a good defender so I pretty much created nothing all game. My worry is in these games I'm going to have to resort to crossing, which I hate.

All in all I think they've gone a little too far the other way with this now, but unless crossing becomes the new meta, it's a change for the good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried it in practice arena and though the same but just had a game on legendary:

Aouar did put a green just wide which would have flown in the net more often than not before but I can still utilise the system.

Also was trying the crosses and had a bit more luck (I was using the L1+R1 headers which Nep said work well) but I still struggle to find the man in the box at times.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Had a quick go with the new patch this morning and specifically tried to find out about timed finesse. They seem completely random now. Some fly in, others even with CR7 go miles wide or seem underpowered.

The thing that does worry me is they haven't touched how strong defensive AI is. I played a guy who just had drop back on and I was camped 25 yards out. He was a good defender so I pretty much created nothing all game. My worry is in these games I'm going to have to resort to crossing, which I hate.

All in all I think they've gone a little too far the other way with this now, but unless crossing becomes the new meta, it's a change for the good.
    My two cents are that defensive Ai isn't the issue. A button defending and the lack of impact to attacking play is the issue - it should be a real effort to counter when you've 11 behind the ball. Instead, it often seems easier.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really hating this patch so far, even when through on goal now my timed shots are all red. I'm countering that by not timing them at all, but that results in a much tamer shot and not as far into the corner.

What's worse is I was just playing a guy who was defending quite well, I had 2 chances I know I'd have scored on Sunday but both were red timed and didn't go in. I put in 1 cross after seeing CR7 at the back post and he powered it in. I really don't like where this is going.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don’t need timed shots if you could score goals in 17 and 18 without always using low drive . I rarely use them, preferring to use the same methods as in 18, space+placement+power+Body position. I didn’t use low driven much last year either and I’m fairly free scoring, or at least, finishing is not a major issue.

I’m still only G1 standard, so I get outplayed by some opponents and lose something like a third of games in WL and DR, but where I’m getting chances, I’ve not had issues with finishing since the first couple of weeks when I was trying timed finishing and failing to get to grips with it.
    Last edited by The Merse; 30-01-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I love slamming the ball into the top corner. It's very emphatic!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the trainer on and practice.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't once use the low driven in 18 but still scored loads of goals. The problem now is that it's just much harder to score from good positions in 19.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for finesse shots, they still work as long as you get the green timed, albeit the accuracy of the green timed has been slightly reduced.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still using the low driven this year. It’s still pretty powerful IMO but just a little harder to pull off with the switch in key combo

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    As for finesse shots, they still work as long as you get the green timed, albeit the accuracy of the green timed has been slightly reduced.
    You can be late too, the one I posted above with Raul was grey and still flew in.

Awful TOTW btw.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X-Box consoles are currently unusable. Black screen on start up, anyone else experiencing this?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy LITERALLY just said his xbox was broken so he'll be happy to know that it may not be.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irritatingly misjudged Div 3 rankings and missed out on Rank 3 by a hundred points or so, so only the 2 jumbo premium golds from that to go with the Gold 3 champs finish.

Ended up with TOTW Hilton and Miranda, along with a few 84s. Red picks were Benzema and Poulsen. Not bad considering the shit TOTW.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team update time as it's been a little bit. I go into games like so:

I currently have Bentancur and Ballack playing CDM, whilst Raul has dropped back to CAM and shifted Anderson off to the left in order to accommodate the big man. I basically moved things about when I packed him, but it was pretty much as the patch dropped. This shift about could explain some troubles as well.

Bentancur works okay as a CDM but his lack of strength has shown. He'd be a very good box-to-box guy at CM.

I've 220k in the bank now and am faced with a choice. I'm enjoying CR7, but selling him would allow me to upgrade at LM and LB. Because of doing that Marcelo and Anderson would be sold on and I'd have just over 2m.

I could then get TOTY Marcelo, Neymar and finish Rijkaard.

If I didn't do Rijkaard, I could also buy Mbappe, 86 Lala, Varane and Griezmann in a squad reshuffle. It'd mean parting with pack pulled De Gea and bringing back Courtois too.

I could go another way with it and bring in TOTY Varane, 86 Lala and Mbappe.

Unsure quite what to do yet.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap rewards (my red was Benitez), my luck has turned to shit.

I'm also skipping WL this week, I'm going to be busy on Saturday which is easily my best day.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite glad I missed last weekend now, that TOTW is drab.

I'll be back on tomorrow for a little while and hopefully a whole heap on Sunday.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another promo coming.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best pull in MM rewards was Kyle Walker which isn't too bad.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Owen SBC out

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boateng from my MM's

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After smashing through 15 WL games last Monday whilst ill to get to 11-9 and Silver 1, I haven't played at all this week. Found a few minutes to open up my rewards packs, I did think about waiting until this new promo dropped, but what's the likelihood of me packing anything decent anyway.

Got 84 Donnarumma from my player pick, and the packs from WL and Rivals got me Benatia, Lacazette, a few more 83s and more importantly a number of La Liga players for SBCs. I've done 13 of the 20 so far, but missing a number of silvers that will be needed for Huesca and Valladolid.

Also used my January Futswaps for OTW Promes, he might replace IF Dembele for me but if not, he'll be a cracking sub.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New promo is a bit meh.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Futswaps are shit and, other than a cash grab, I don’t understand the headliners

Edit: OTW +1 for the “best players from the first half of the season”

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA are shitting the bed on this. I'm not sure I can be arsed any more.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be building the fuck out of those player pick upgrades.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After TotY I just can't be arsed to do it all again. I'm increasingly of the belief that I need to play this game without using the transfer market at all from next year, it's just too easy to build a super team otherwise and as soon as I have, I lose interest.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 01-02-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that Kiko Casilla is a good investment due to his Leeds move. He is used in every Real Madrid La Liga SBC solution and will soon be out of packs.

Makes sense and while he is at 800 it is risk free.
    Last edited by Boom-Boom-18; 01-02-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought teenty of so of them a few weeks back when he was first rumoured to be off. They peaked at 3k, but I’m a bit dismayed they’re back at 8k now. Hopefully a fortnight or two more does the trick.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Leeds card is now out, I can't see him not flying up in price.