User Tag List

Page 32 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how accurate that is but jesus.

That Aubameyang upgrade is disgraceful. They've hardly touched his shooting or Stamina and that's 500k. The only reason I'd do it is if I already had the standard version in my team.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 90 is batshit.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gray Fox it really is. Might not be a bad look in a few weeks but really doesnt look worth it.

Actual FUTBIN list of players too

https://www.futbin.com/19/totw/UCLLIVE

Schakle are all but through, Fahrmann looking nice. Same for Tagliafico.
    Last edited by Danny; 09-11-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big news here is that even if the club finishes 3rd in their group(Liverpool/Spurs) the card will convert to a Europa League version and follow the same pattern.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Do that Tah's stats increase if Leverkusen move through the CL?
    Leverkusen are in the Europa League and yes, his card will increase as they advance. They're already through their group too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First session in the books and I've played more than I'd ideally like due to not having Sunday night available to me. I'm 9-2 and I've played some frenetic stuff in there. My front 3 is now the Liverpool 3. I decided it best to transition into the EPL from front to back as I can't quite afford it in one hit, so this will have to do.

I had watched a video basically explaining the easiest way to score. If your opponent is aggressive with their players, quick pass around them until they have pulled enough out of position that the opening comes.
    The easiest ones to beat and these are the ones I have crushed tonight, are the ones that come forward with their full-backs. A quick LB + A pass off and then through ball into the space that full-back has vacated has brought me no end of joy.

The 2 losses were deserved. One saw a guy who was a very good defender almost shut me out. I pulled it back to 2-1 late on, but he then just kept the ball. The other was more frustrating I was creating chances but kept putting it wide or hitting the woodwork. I'd then concede on the counter. Managed to make it 2-2, but in the 89th minute Aguero out-jumped Benatia to head a cross home off the 6 yard line.

I'll play more tomorrow, hoping to make Gold 1 again. The key is avoiding consecutive losses.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't Renato Sanches been shite/barely played for about two years? Why is he the new Messi? It's all a bit To Madeira.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post

I'm not sure how accurate that is but jesus.

That Aubameyang upgrade is disgraceful. They've hardly touched his shooting or Stamina and that's 500k. The only reason I'd do it is if I already had the standard version in my team.
    Nepenthez said that he'll follow the IF upgrade route, but the loading page of Ultimate Team specifically says a +1 upgrade. I'm obviously buying him anyway.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-2 so far. FML.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the team you're using Yev?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as before, albeit I've swapped Buffon in for Fahrmann.

I'm just not very good at this game and it's annoying. Second game was so winnable as well. Both were really.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-1 win in the 3rd game against a player that was no better than the first two.

We're back in the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-0 in the 4th. Bronze 3 secured and the first time I've been level on losses and wins since I started last weekend.

The addition of chucking a load of fake passes in (I still can't do the drag back) is working wonders.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5th game was a cracker, but I lost 5-4 and then something hit me. A mate had text me halfway through asking if I wanted to go for a pint and my immediate thought was I need to get to at least Silver 3 before I do that.

Then it dawned on me, I don't actually like this game, I just have a mild addiction to it.

EA have ruined Squad Battles, turning it from something fun into a hateful, hateful mode that's tedious beyond belief. Division Rivals is full of people employing wanker tactics at every opportunity and while Weekend League is fun, 30 games is a fucking joke. Even with a conservative estimate of 3 games every hour, that's 10 hours solid and we all know it takes longer than that. Now you could say you don't have to play all of the games, but for me in particular, I have to play a fair chunk to get anything remotely worth bothering with and actually, that's probably the same for most.

Then there's the gameplay, which is also dogshit. Forward runs are broken (this really hits home in SB with the ludicrously tight AI defences), passing goes to the wrong player far too often, player switching has a ludicrous delay, players lunge backwards after tackles when they should be hunting the ball down and the pace nerf is just too much.

The only actual good thing about the game is the coin/team building element, which is done well, but once I finally spunk the 2m (coins + assets) I have in the club on a much better side, the incremental upgrades are going to take ages to bring in, it's a massive time sink and ultimately I have to start all over again next September anyway.

I'm not saying I'm out permanently, the drug is too effective to shake for that, but I'm minded to take a break until Black Friday and see whether I can be arsed after that. One thing is for sure though, I'm off out for a pint now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up spending most of my coins to put this together for the weekend league.

Agree with you about incremental improvements Yev. The team building aspect is my favourite part but I probably won't be able to upgrade too much further without throwing FIFA Points at it or some more ridiculous pack luck.

On a positive note, Bobby Moore is a dream to play with. One of the cheaper icons as well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roma, Napoli and PGS are moderately prices SBCs that give back rare player packs. With UCL packs its worth a look.....

1. Walk out. Matic
    2. Walk out....UCL Davinson Sanchez
    3. Nothing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Sanchez card could be ridiculous if Spurs progress fairly far through the Europa League.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SBC Milinkovic Savic up, EL card so +1 boost.

@five time yeah not sure what to do with him. I have tried his normal card twice and hated it

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the CL cards more than +1. The loading screen says otherwise.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to begin with and work like normal IFs is what I ready. Which once they get to like 85 is only +1 anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @The Merse are you playing this weekend?

My first session had either 3 or 4 people quit out on me in the first 30 minutes of a game. I was wondering if you were experiencing the same.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not since Friday. Nope, only had one rage quit.

Also had the usual horrific matchmaking on day 1, constantly getting guys who were using the finesse from the top of the box with POTM Hazard and POTM Schurrle. Almost enough to put me off the whole weekend.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get more used to dealing with those guys, but then all they need is one shot to pop off and you're done.

Another stint down and I'm now 16-4. The 2 losses have come as a result of late equalisers in normal time. The first had all 3 of the EPL POTM cards and was a nightmare to deal with. I thought I had him, but then he pulled off an obscene half volley on a 90 degree angle from about 35 yards out with Hazard. Then in ET he hit a timed finesse with Auba in the 118th. Gutting.
    The 2nd loss came as a result of the other guy having Ronaldo. I'd kept him quiet all game at 1-0, only to see him bundle through in the 89th minute and squeeze a beautiful finish into the corner. It ended up going to penalties and I lost out.

Gold 1 is the aim for tomorrow. Unfortunately I lose the Sunday night though, so I'm going to have to cram the games in somewhere. I'm obviously aware that Elite is possible from here, but given my matchmaking will be tougher now, that'd be a struggle. I'd need to get lucky with matchmaking.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at 19 wins for the weekend league with 1 game remaining to sneak into gold 1. I lost badly. He was the best guy I faced the whole weekend. He had stochkov in his midfield who was running through my defence with skill moves. He couldn't be stopped. Disapoointed I couldn't reach gold 1. I'm not going back to two games, I should have won but they scored a last minute equailizer, then I lost on penalties. Elite 3 is the obvious goal and I should aceheive it at some stage.

FUT Weekend League

Week 1 - Gold 3, 17W-12L
    Week 2 - Gold 2, 19W-11L
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 11-11-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to focus on the bit of the game I enjoy and sort my club out at the same time.

Going through all the SBC's that offer any sort of value, culminating in a mass pack opening that I'll stream tomorrow night if anyone's interested.

Milinkovic-Savic just done. Not that the card fits at all, but with the packs you get he's worth it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great stuff Sincere.

What team are you rocking now?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great stuff Sincere.

What team are you rocking now?
    I was about to pos my team anyway, A pretty basic one. I don't know why I haven't upgraded yet. I will probably do it next week actually. The formation works really well for my play style. The LF and RF are on come back on defence. It puts the three CM and wide forward in a line in front of my back for. It is difficulty at times for my opponenet to break me down. Its the only way I can play the game as I find it really difficulty to tackle but my opponenet can sprint towards my using G.Jesus, hit the ball and player, bounce around and come out with the ball. I can't do that though. I don't know what buttons combinations people are pressing. It feels like they just hold X. When I hold X, there is about 2 meters of distance between my player and my opponenet. When they do, they just close my down and tackle.

Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 11-11-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much have you got to upgrade? You're not waiting for Black Friday then?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Friday. Forgout about that. I have 500k. Is the promo next week?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    23rd November.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's Lewandwski like? I'm tempted to buy him to make the Tah objective a bit more tolerable, but I'll no doubt lose coins on him doing so.

EDIT: Werner with a Sniper might be a safer bet.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just dawned on me that Renato Sanches' card is a base common gold, which means I can pack him in a silver upgrade SBC pack. Given all the league SBC's, that makes the silver pack method even more appealing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be in Italy for Black Friday, being shouted at by my other half for using my phone to complete SBCs no doubt. It also means next weekend will be my last weekend league for a fortnight, so I may find myself falling behind on the squad front going into December.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    I’ll be in Italy for Black Friday, being shouted at by my other half for using my phone to complete SBCs no doubt. It also means next weekend will be my last weekend league for a fortnight, so I may find myself falling behind on the squad front going into December.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Tah item is going to be tough. 10 wins with a Bundesliga player scoring in each. I'll be doing Rivals games to get that 2nd swap player anyway, but I currently only own the red Hazard from the Bundesliga.

Also as a PSA, there are two Swap Deals items you need to play to earn. One requires 10 wins by 2 goals or more in any match. The other is scoring 20 goals in Rivals.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Tah is tough, just a time sink. It'll probably take me about 20 games.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    16-4 --> 17-10. I fucking hate Sundays.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've lost 6 out of 7 games? Fuck me, what sort of teams/players have you been facing?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    16-4 --> 17-10. I fucking hate Sundays.
    Odd. Not my experience at all.

Friday - Horrific, expect a neutral record,
    Saturday - piece of piss, long unbeaten runs,
    Sunday - somewhere in between.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've lost 6 out of 7 games? Fuck me, what sort of teams/players have you been facing?

I will say form at 15+ seems to matchmaking vs Elite+ in every game in my experience.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14 packs already and think I'll be close to 50 by the time this is done. Tuesday might be the opening now.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pack luck lately. Fucking hell.

UCL two player pack.

City Mendy. He is down quite a bit over the last day or so and I am not sure what to do.

Prime Gold Players Pack.

RTTF Kimpembe.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could rock this for the purcahse of Pogba, Meunier, Lloris and Kante.

https://www.futbin.com//squad-builder/view/1760055

Or I can sell UCL Mendy, RTTF Sanchez and RTTF Kimpembe for almost 400k and go in a completely different direction.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading a lot of people who are advising to buy your teams now. Player prices have tumbled over the past few days.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It cant be the worst idea for some players. Heres whats happened to the ones I am watching over the past few days. Somewhat approx numbers but still interesting to see.

Kane - Down 20k to under 90k
    VVD - Down 30k to 110k.
    Sanchez - Down 10k to 30k.
    Firmino - Down 20k to 46k.
    Fabinho - Down 12k to 67k
    Valencia - Down 11k to 17k
    Pogba - Down 30k to 450k
    Kante - Down 20k to 375k
    Lukaku - Down 30k to 150k
    DDG - Down 25k to 130k
    Bale - Down 40k to 380k
    Mbappe - Down 40k to 424k

I bought Firmino today because I am still strugging to 'get on' with a Prem striker. I like IF Laca but have not been too impressed with Auba (Reg or POTM) or Kane. Next is Lukaku if I am not feeling Firmino.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got back on FIFA a bit this weekend, and managed to get up to Gold 1 in Squad Battles. Pulled Kane in my rewards - don't know whether to cash in, or have him replace Arnautovic up top.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first 2 I faced were clearly better than me and both had teams not dissimilar to Nepenthez. Both had a very irritating ability to allow me to put a tackle in that felt like I should win the ball, only to come through on the other side of my defender.

Of the other 4 losses, 3 went to extra time and the last was an injury time winner. So I wasn't being outclassed here, just the game did not go my way. The win was easy too.

In a side note, POTM Auba ruins me. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Odd. Not my experience at all.

Friday - Horrific, expect a neutral record,
    Saturday - piece of piss, long unbeaten runs,
    Sunday - somewhere in between.
    I find it the other way around. I've started 5-0 every Friday so far. If I had the time one Friday I'd love to play all 30 games on the one night, see how things went.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    Reading a lot of people who are advising to buy your teams now. Player prices have tumbled over the past few days.
    The theory is that the 2-3 weeks you wait to make a saving on your team, you'll earn more back by having a better team and beating those who have sold up now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a side note, POTM Auba ruins me. Every time.
    This I can agree on. Seems impossible to outmuscle as he just slithers out of contact.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    19 packs in the bank with the overnight rewards.

Plan for today is to go for Tah (don't think I'll do it in one day), seal the two Futswap tokens to get Guilavogui and get Wayne Rooney from the MLS SBC.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 50k Rare Player Packs in the icon SBC's can be done for about 35k.