User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2KXX Games Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's genuinely crap and not been patched into a fit state by now I'll be gutted.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hopefully a lot better now but I think I was tiring of the series a bit anyway and it just put me over the edge. I don't mind being a bit crap but I was absolute dogshit at this version.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    It's hopefully a lot better now but I think I was tiring of the series a bit anyway and it just put me over the edge. I don't mind being a bit crap but I was absolute dogshit at this version.
    2K21 did that for me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    If it's genuinely crap and not been patched into a fit state by now I'll be gutted.
    I'm gutted. It's horrible.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah Do/did you play most games or just sim them? You seem to get through season way quicker than I ever did.

Also, if it's the data side of things you like, check Basketball-GM - it's an online Basketball GM game - not anywhere near as involved as 2k, but it's good fun for a few seasons and quite customizable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I'm gutted. It's horrible.
    I'm a little relieved, if you started getting bang into this one I was willing to give it another shot but now I can happily skip on instead

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    @Yevrah Do/did you play most games or just sim them? You seem to get through season way quicker than I ever did.

Also, if it's the data side of things you like, check Basketball-GM - it's an online Basketball GM game - not anywhere near as involved as 2k, but it's good fun for a few seasons and quite customizable.
    I sim almost all of the regular season and play all of the playoffs. Found that was the best compromise to get a full season done without it taking years.

Popped into CEX after work to pick up a good version of NBA2K and came home with 2K20 for buttons, although annoyingly the servers have been shut down so I can't download any custom rosters and have ordered 2k21 as a result. In the meantime a game with the Pelicans on 20 is in order I feel.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the NBA2K20 experiment didn't go too well as it's just too easy, so back we go to 22. Been watching a few videos on Youtube and if you can get the hang of it it does look good, but the difficulty vs. the previous games is something else.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I'm a little relieved, if you started getting bang into this one I was willing to give it another shot but now I can happily skip on instead
    Right, I've persevered and get ready to wind back that relief. It's actually really good. I'm still shit, on Pro difficulty, but feel just about ready to get into a proper game and there's no one else it could have been other than the New York Knicks.

As you can see the roster remains horrible, so nobody is safe. Full NBA season selected, 12 minute quarters and 65 sim difficulty. I was going to avoid the real draft classes, but as the game is so hard that isn't a problem anymore so we start with 1960 and the year of Jerry West.

10 games in and we've actually won some games. Tended to play just one 12 minute quarter and sim the rest, but the playoffs will always be played out in full.

Game on!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to live vicariously through your updates with this one, it almost angered me how shit I was at it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring it in.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New York Knicks - Season 1 2021/22 - All Star Break Update

So we suck, big time, with the worst record in the whole of the NBA.

But we have done some decent business in snaring some 1st round picks.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny Green

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he 'special'?

First season done and the Pelicans took their first ever championship:

Jokic regular season MVP. Our only award winner was Julius Randle, who made the All NBA 3rd team.

We finish with a 20-62 record and hopefully a juicy draft pick.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the 4th pick.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny Green is on one leg now after his teammate landed on him on Friday.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s not that he’s bad but he is just below that level where he keeps getting on good teams and then having horrific games. No one trends on Twitter more often and it’s always his own fanbase calling him shit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New York Knicks Season 2 (2022/23) - Mid Season Update

Up to the trade deadline in season 2 and here's what's happened so far:

Players out

D. Rose, E. Fournier, M. Robinson, K. Walker, I. Quickley, A. Burks, N. Noel, T. Gibson, M. McBride & R. Arcidiacano.

Happy with all those exits bar Robinson, who wouldn't re-sign. Seems to be another way they've made this game harder in that players are more easily upset and impossible to keep once they do get annoyed.

Players In

Z. Lavine, D. Mitchell, A. Pokusevki, L. Rice, I. Thomas, B. Caboclo, T. Fall, DJ Augustin & T. Johnson.

Loren Rice was our 4th pick in the draft, which with hindsight I probably should have traded. Big things expected from LaVine and with this roster I'd hope to make the playoffs, or at least the play-in.

Draft class is 1969, so KAJ is waiting in the wings to hit the NBA.

Sadly that's not how things have worked out so far. RJ Barrett got injured for two months and then when he came back LaVine decided he should go one better than that and miss three months. Much improved on last season still, but we sit 13th in the East.

I also now have a problem, with RJ Barrett saying he wants to leave when his contract is up in the summer, so with trade deadline day here I need to either get something from him or risk losing him for nothing.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if they build that in but LaVine is famously injury prone. And Isiah Thomas? You trying to build a squad of people that can't stay on the floor?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect it must be built in, but there isn't an obvious way to tell.

Forgot to mention that free agency is an exciting one this year too, with Jokic, Morant, Williamson and (the best) Ball brother all potentially up for grabs.

EDIT: The best Ball actually has a one year team option extension.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically with your current line-up you should probably go Jokic but I don't think his skillset really translates to video games so I'd go Morant and hope you can offload Donovan Mitchell.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mitchell I have is Davion.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 trades done on deadline day.

Haliburton joining and Mitchell Robinson is back. Should have also freed up enough cap space to go for one of the big free agency players.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New York Knicks Season 2 (2022/23) End of Season Summary

We had a pretty strong finish to the season but not enough to make the play-in, finishing 11th.

Doncic won MVP and the Nets took the Championship:

Onto summer business.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New York Knicks Season 3 (2023/24) - Pre-Season Summary

Business done and it's an exciting one.

A 38 year old all-time leading NBA scorer LeBron James has joined on a one year, $42m deal. I had to get rid of Robinson in order to free up cap space and then pad the roster out with shit, but once it became clear I could get him it had to be done.

Playoffs the minimum expectation and then it'll come down to how good I actually am at the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry gents, aborting the Knicks game for the reasons below:

I set the sim difficulty to 65. This was a mistake, which I could change now, but I'd rather start again.
    Real draft classes are a bit broken as there seems to be some variation in the potential real players are created with. Jordan, for example, is only an A and not A+. This wasn't an issue in previous versions as you could improve it in the postseason. In this one you can't, which is just annoying.
    I had morale and chemistry turned on, but not conversations, so once a player got pissed I didn't always know why and there was no way to address it.

So, gonna start again with a different team and on 50 sim difficulty, morale and conversations on and use auto-generated rookies.

I don't think I've ever encountered a game that's had the same difficulty for years and then decided to rip everything up, but God damn it I will get a ring on Pro difficulty.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the new save

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, we're back!

Decided that I may as well go with a franchise who're yet to win a Championship, but picking one at random. So a quick trip to https://wordwall.net/resource/680216/nba-teams and it only took one spin to find one.

Roster is solid, with an obvious superstar to build the franchise around.

Utilising the conversation feature with it now turned on, my first day involved me sacking the team's head coach in the car park and then having a chat with Ja Morant in a Diner about him not reading books. Lovely stuff.

Target for the first season is to reach the play ins at least and do a bit of wheeler dealing to secure some future first round picks. Auto-generated rookies for this one.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Memphis Grizzlies Season 1 (2021/22) - Regular Season Update

It was a good one, with endless banal chats in car parks, diners, offices and other such places kept morale high and we finished with 47 wins. One of those wins even included a victory fully controlled by me. Admittedly it was over Houston, but my first on Pro difficulty having played the whole match nonetheless.

Only real trade of note was shipping out Aldama and bringing in the seven foot four monster that is Boban Marjanovic. Playoff line up looks like so:

Full games on 11 minute quarters to come.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Memphis Grizzlies Season 1 (2021/22) - Playoffs

So a matchup against the Suns was our Round 1 playoff reward. Terrified of Booker, Paul and Ayton, but hopeful of nicking a win in one of the first two games at home.

Western Conference Playoffs Round 1 Game 1

Toggle Spoiler

Western Conference Playoffs Round 1 Game 2

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Western Conference Playoffs Round 1 Game 3

Toggle Spoiler

Western Conference Playoffs Round 1 Game 4

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Yevrah; 18-05-2022 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Suns shooting splits are insane

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 Western Conference Playoffs Round 1 Game 7

Phoenix Suns 140 Memphis Grizzlies 135

Gutted. We led by 18 in the first quarter and then trailed by 12 in the fourth. We pulled it back to within six in the last 30 seconds with a record breaking performance from Morant, who then hit a 3 to cut the gap to three points. We got the ball back in the final seconds but another three point attempt from him rimmed out and the Suns then scored the free throws from the deliberate foul. As it turned out Jackson Jr's injury cost us big as we become the first franchise in history to lose a series from 3-0 up.

The Heat won the Championships in the end.

Loving this save though and the quest for Morant and the Grizzlies to win a ring will continue.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Memphis Grizzlies Season 2 (2022/23) Pre-season

Business done!

Biggest moves in all that lot are Wiseman and Porter Jr arriving and Adams and Brooks leaving. An in and out I'll take all day. Leaving the roster like so:

Target is to make the playoffs and win one series at least.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dwight Howard still knocking about, blimey. He was always my star man in the old Orlando days.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. I needed a centre to pad the squad out with minimal cap space to do it so when I saw Dwight I couldn't resist.

Played the first game in the playoffs for season 2 last night and my word is this game hard. Update later.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tinkered with the trade sliders, Yev? Some of those are mental. You got Wiseman for trash.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wiseman one did feel a bit dirty and weirdly wasn't there the first time I did a trade finder on him, but I'm ok with that as actually playing the game is so damn hard this year. I know there's loads of room for progression with him too, but as he is now I think I preferred Steven Adams as well.

Oh and the sliders are the default ones, which (again as the game is so damn hard) can stay as they are.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Memphis Grizzlies Season 2 (2022/23) - Regular Season Update

Fresh from the playoff disappointment in 2022 we moved into the next 82 game regular season with a refreshed roster and Morant secured for 5 years.

A pretty solid season with a +4 increase on wins vs. last season and we did lead the conference for a time, but had a bang average last 10 games to finish 4th again. Bad news is that Porter Jr. is out for 2-4 weeks as we start the playoffs, but on the plus side we avoided the Suns, which I really didn't fancy again.

Murray and Beale's San Antonio Spurs up in Round 1.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update on the season 2 playoffs.

We won the first two games in Memphis, lost the 3rd, but then took a 3-1 lead with a win in the 4th. Don't want to curse things after last year's fuck up from 3-0 up, but this might be a series we win. Morant still incredible, but Jackson starting to come into his own as well now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2023 Western Conference Playoffs Round 1 Game 5:

San Antonio Spurs 95 Memphis Grizzlies 103

We did it, winning the series 4-1 to make the conference semi-finals. Morant outstanding as always, but Jackson put in a phenomenal performance with 9 blocks.

1st seeds in the West, the Timberwolves up next.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to have a dabble with MyTeam and fuck me, playing it is like spending time at Abu Ghraib. A million different types of animations hurtle from the screen towards you. Pack types are seemingly endless (and I haven't a clue which ones have players in), as are the red dots telling me I have things to attend to (which seem to lie about that frequently too).

Despite not generally having a clue what the fuck is going on I'm enjoying it after three games (2 in domination and one in triple threat, see us 2-1 at the moment) and have pulled together this team:

I think I got Williamson from the first level of the season reward (FIFA gives you a 75+ player if you're lucky), which was nice as he's seemingly mine forever and replaces the one I should have had from my starter packs that I lost when their dogshit servers crashed.

Advice welcome if anyone has any? There seems a remarkable amount to do.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I've now just got a Dark Matter 99 version of LaMarcus Aldridge for doing next to fuck all. This game is nuts.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I like the new one. There's something about the way 2K does historical content which is just great. I wish more sports games went into that. Plus I'm more confident at shooting this time around.

I think the MyCareer stuff has a decent hook, too. Drafted immediately into the NBA but your fans hate you.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse to give them money at this point. Just trying to rape my wallet for vc while playing the worlds shittiest gta where I have to get in a rap battle with my rival.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the City's a pointless thing. Just let me pick my next match from a menu like God intended.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the city, it's a large part of why I gave up on it. If you're playing online and want to jankily walk around looking for pickup games while a load of identically-dressed avatars stand still as you walk through them that's fine but if you're just playing career mode let me choose Nike store, agent office, training, next game from a menu and just go straight to it rather than unlock a fucking scooter to do gnarly tricks on the slow way there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, the career has wore out its welcome. All my objectives are game based now so having to exit and re-enter the arena each game. I was going to finish that mode off before reclaiming the hard drive space but it's going on forever.

"Nah, you can't sim games until you do this street basketball quest. The games aren't of any consequence but YOU MUST PLAY THEM. ALSO, DO SKATEBOARD TRICKS."

I'm tapping out.
    Last edited by Shindig; 17-09-2022 at 09:04 PM.