Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin/KO was quality.

Steve

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stone Cold v KO was perfect. I loved it.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KO did a great job.

The ending made me lol out loud
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Never underestimate WWE's ability to disappoint. Only one match on the card I was truly looking forward to and it was fucking shit.
    Miserable. I had low expectations and they were roundly blown out the water.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me, I wasn't ready for the Nikki Bella comments about Vader:

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you just forget.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair fucks to Austin last night. I was expecting some dull really drawn out talking that lead to one stunner to send the crowd home happy. Did not expect him to take a stunner himself and to take suplexes on the concrete.

Stardust v Ref Rollins was very good.

The rest was a bit paint by numbers. Except what the fuck was Charlotte v Ronda? For someone so pissy at not being adored by all, not even Charlotte could drag her to a good match. From talk about her though it seems Ronda refused to work dark matches in the build up, so no wonder she was so sloppy. Did they also really have a ref bump, only to have nothing come of it and it end under one little boot to the face?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it was so Charlotte could tap out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh good. A rematch at SummerSlam then.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown tag - Skipped it. I do not care for the Boogs / Nakamura tag team and it was clearly gonna get no time.

McIntyre / Jezza - Skipped it.

Mysterios / Miz and Paul - Skipped through to get to the hot tag and see what Paul was up to. He did alright. The hot tag worked nicely and the closing stretch looked decent and lol at Miz getting the biggest babyface pop he'll ever have after the match.

Belair vs. Lynch - Match of the night, maybe? A bit less slick than the Banks one last year, which is a weird thing to say, but it had some nice spots and the crowd were into and they're just two good wrestlers so yeah. Enjoyed this, right result, good reaction from the crowd.

Cody / Rollins - Also really liked this. The entrance and reaction from the fans (who were pretty decent most of the night) was great, I loved the little Stardust bit (don't tempt fate, Cody) and how entertained Rollins was by it. I was a bit worried early that it was gonna be a drag but once they got into it they kept things going at a fair old lick. I enjoyed Rollins doing a reverse version of his superplex / Falcon Arrow thing and a big shout out to his ring gear too.

Flair / Rousey - Well, I said I thought it would either be a classic or a bin fire and it was definitely nearer to the latter. Rousey in her first run was clearly green but got it and managed to have good matches in spite of that. She now looks like she's phoning it in.

Austin / KO - For all my negativity and pessimism this was at least better than I thought it would be. Austin looks his age but at least he did take some bumps and gave Owen a bit and took his Stunner so fair play to him. Better than I expected and at least it wasn't a total waste of KO's time in the way that some of those Undertaker feuds have been for people. He got a nice juicy spot here.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SD tag match was cut short anyway as Boogs' got injured. Torn quadriceps and a torn patella tendon after trying to double fireman's carry both Uso's.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh was that a legit injury? Spotted that but just assumed it was a work.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Oh was that a legit injury? Spotted that but just assumed it was a work.
    He's booked in for surgery and out for a few months.

They also had to change the finish of the match because of it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown tag - Skipped it. I do not care for the Boogs / Nakamura tag team and it was clearly gonna get no time.

McIntyre / Jezza - Skipped it.

Mysterios / Miz and Paul - Skipped through to get to the hot tag and see what Paul was up to. He did alright. The hot tag worked nicely and the closing stretch looked decent and lol at Miz getting the biggest babyface pop he'll ever have after the match.

Belair vs. Lynch - Match of the night, maybe? A bit less slick than the Banks one last year, which is a weird thing to say, but it had some nice spots and the crowd were into and they're just two good wrestlers so yeah. Enjoyed this, right result, good reaction from the crowd.

Cody / Rollins - Also really liked this. The entrance and reaction from the fans (who were pretty decent most of the night) was great, I loved the little Stardust bit (don't tempt fate, Cody) and how entertained Rollins was by it. I was a bit worried early that it was gonna be a drag but once they got into it they kept things going at a fair old lick. I enjoyed Rollins doing a reverse version of his superplex / Falcon Arrow thing and a big shout out to his ring gear too.

Flair / Rousey - Well, I said I thought it would either be a classic or a bin fire and it was definitely nearer to the latter. Rousey in her first run was clearly green but got it and managed to have good matches in spite of that. She now looks like she's phoning it in.

Austin / KO - For all my negativity and pessimism this was at least better than I thought it would be. Austin looks his age but at least he did take some bumps and gave Owen a bit and took his Stunner so fair play to him. Better than I expected and at least it wasn't a total waste of KO's time in the way that some of those Undertaker feuds have been for people. He got a nice juicy spot here.
    Pretty much agree with all of that. I think the problem is... they haven't really saved enough of any interest for tonight. It's basically Brock Vs Reigns and a bunch of filler.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For tonight I'll watch the tag, probably Edge / AJ to see if AJ can get a match out of Edge I actually like, maybe Theory/McAfee out of morbid curiosity. Everything else will depend on reviews.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Johnny Knoxville match is the one I'm most curious about, I hope they'll spend about 20 seconds in the ring and then just cut back to Sami Zayn getting slapped with a massive hand and fired from a cannon throughout the night.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Zayn takes a frog splash from Preston Lacy.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 stars for Knoxville v Zayn.

It was perfect.

Wee Man's body slam

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was genuinely the best match of Mania, no matter what comes later.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That blew Becky's match right out of the building.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The baby has hit her 6 month sleep regression (a week early!) which sucks for sleep. Means I am up to watch a bit of live Mania.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems AJ punched himself during his entrance.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've made Pete Dunne look and act so fucking shit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Butch

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best worst stunner of all time.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only watch Rumble and Mania these days but fuck me all of this has been great. Laughing my tits off at most of it. Such a beautiful mess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this has been the most fun Mania in a while.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night 2 has somehow been much better than Night 1.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reigns hasn’t been pinned for over two years? He’s worse than Cana and Hogan combined

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Rock comes out at the end and challenges Reigns I'm gonna fucking punch the dog with joy

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the last ten minutes of that and all I seen was Spears, superman punches, F5 and more spears.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me that was the worst ending. Horrible.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was expecting Brock to kick out, such a flat finish.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the most anticlimactic main event I’ve ever seen. I assumed something was happening after the boring finish

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished early too. Something felt very off about it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea that main event was tragic. Great night apart from that though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye I saw 15 minutes left and expected something. But nope. Most stupendous match in sports entertainment history right there.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that they embraced a bit of the silly madness of rasslin' this time. Having it be super serious 24/7 just leads to people not caring. Some gratuitous fan service in wheeling Austin out to stunner everyone as well.
    Though I reckon if you ask Vince, he'd take that as a serious and legit victory, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was in on it too.

They do need to change up their main event scene though. 6 of the last 8 Mania main events have featured Roman. Problem for them is now Brock is seemingly off into the sunset they have no one else. They built Drew up great but now he's reduced to beating up Happy Corbin. The sad likelihood is that you're going to have Roman hold the belt through to the next Mania now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame that McIntyre got his biggest moment in a warehouse with nobody there, but apparently he's the first person to kick out of Corbin's finisher or something so he might be set up to go back up to the top again now I assume Brock's gone for a while

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Reigns hasn’t been pinned for over two years? He’s worse than Cana and Hogan combined
    'Doesn't work for me, uce.'

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw tag - Was fun. Not a classic anything but I enjoyed it, and Riddle's RKO to Montez at the end was great.

Lashley vs. Omos - Wow, Lashley won even though Omos is so tall! Incredible. What a Wrestlemania moment. (I am genuinely pleased they didn't make Bobbo lose to him.)

Jackass shit - Nope

Womens tag - Also nope. WWE don't care about those belts so I don't see why I should, despite there being multiple women in there who would definitely have had better matches against each other in singles fashion than Flair and Rousey did.

Edge vs. Styles - I'm sure there'll be somebody wanking themselves dry over this but fuck me Edge is boring. Every bit trying to wrestle the 'HHH epic' every time. After a quick start I thought we might get something a bit breezier but nope, AJ was made to work at about a quarter of his speed to match Edge and it was reet dull. They spent about half the match lying down between moves I reckon.

Kliq-y Blinders vs. New Day - No, but fucking lol at how short that was. All involved (other than Holland) deserve better than that.

McAfee vs. Theory - This was very silly, and I'd much rather they found room on the card for, say, their Intercontinental champion, but okay, whatever, it's a WWE thing and at least Theory losing was because he was being cocky and McAfee stole it. And the glass shattering was fun, but once all that shit was done I'm not sure it does much for Theory to lose to a commentator, be showed up by an octogenarian, then filled in by a slightly less old man. I suppose it's a prominent spot for him if nothing else and his Stunner sell was as excellent as Vince's was tragic. Even by his own low standards that was the worst sell of a Stunner he's ever managed.

THE BIGGEST MOST STUPENDOUSEST WRESTLEMANIA MATCH EVER!!!!!!!! - Obviously not. From the glimpses I saw skipping through to the end it sounds like it was every bit the waste of time it was very obviously going to be and I'm not sure why anybody expected different.

Belair in Wrestlemania's best match two years on the bounce, then. Good for her.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WrestleMania was garbage.

Just watched FTR vs. Briscoes from ROH Supercard. I'm a sucker for tag team wrestling but holy shit that was exceptional. Might have even been better than anything in that run NXT had in 2016 ish.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all hate wrestling. It's supposed to be fun. Have a laugh.

It's like going to the panto and being annoyed that widow twanky didn't turn around when the crowd shouted he's behind you.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Miserable. I had low expectations and they were roundly blown out the water.
    You've changed your tune.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have I misunderstood what that phrase means or does that not mean that Wrestlemania massively outperformed my expectations?

Edit: oh I see. I was calling out whoever I quoted as Miserable.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I stand corrected.

So which were the good ("good") bits of Wrestlemania people are being too miserable about?

Also I look forward to you never again criticising anything which is meant to be fun.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the main event cut short? Some screenshots make Roman Reigns' arm look like he properly fucked it up.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I stand corrected.

So which were the good ("good") bits of Wrestlemania people are being too miserable about?

Also I look forward to you never again criticising anything which is meant to be fun.
    Zayn Vs Knoxville was Match of the Year.