0 Thread(s)

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ayr Utd - Season 2062/63

Summary:

A decent season considering the shit start to it. We lost out star GK to Rangers after the Chairmen accepted a bid of £2.4m. The bastard. We also lost our only LB. and bBecause my board are a bunch of cunts, I had no transfer funds to replace them both and our salary budget was 70k. Two of Rangers/Hearts players alone would reach that budget.

Managed to get some free transfers and a loan signing in, but got dealt an unfortunate draw in the Europa qualifying which meant Genoa easily knocked us out. Men against boys. This poor form continued into the start of the season, but we slowly turned it around and were playing above our level.

By the penultimate league game, we were 3rd, 3 points behind Celtic (Hearts had already won the league). Our next game was against Celtic; a 6 pointer. Only the top two get a chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm still hunting for a club job (I want something in one of the BIG nations as I want to topple a giant in the process of winning the continental stuff I need to) and just came across this:

Preparations are clearly going well...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if you play as Dquincy in game

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken me a while but I've found a club job:

The club has not fared well in FM thus far:

Almost promoted from Serie C in their first season back but then they started falling back down the table until they were relegated back to Serie D. Straight back up but it's been tough since and this season has started badly for them:

Our key player:

Hot prospect:

Squad:

The squad is a little small and there are some dinosaurs in there but a lot of youth too.

Quite excited about this, I've never really managed in Italy and whilst we should get promoted quite quickly Serie A looks very competitive in my save. Inter have won it 6 times, Juventus have won 5 times, Roma once and the last season was won by AC Milan after 5 years of finishing second. So it should be hard to crack when I do get back up there.

We have £2.1m in the back with £500k as a transfer budget and we currently have £8k p/w free in wages. No senior affiliate but I've already asked the board to look for one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few wins and you'll be fine.

Just aim top 10 and get the fuck out of there. Proper Rags to Riches stuff that will be.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the Palermo? Or is it a phoenix club?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Is that the Palermo? Or is it a phoenix club?
    It's a phoenix club, they went bust last year.

They were docked 20 points then were excluded from all leagues due to not being able to be insured (due to being bankrupt). Then a couple of weeks later a phoenix club was set up and placed in Serie D.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 16-08-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Italy is great because you can have 12 subs (in Serie A)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My keeper has just been beaten from 105 yards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The central midfielder will hopefully be big.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similarly:

Hoping for Alisson mk II.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not great

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn him into a DM and hope everything catches up with his tackling.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't play with DM's and he's worse than the 6 or so midfield youth prospects I scooped up with a bucket in January.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How good is the coach assessing his PA? Even the dodgy looking ones are worth farming out on loan then selling off if they have alright potential I think. That wonderkid BPD people were questioning my large fee for a few pages back only improved slightly but as he was rated 4 stars by the game I sold him on for £80m after 2 seasons.

Had to resign the Spain position as the game broke itself

Basically, I took on the U23s for the Olympics and it said I could pick 3 players above 23, but when one of the squad was injured and needed a replacement it was stuck at 'Must Respond' no matter what, I noticed the criteria had changed to 'no players over 23' and I couldn't remove the ones already confirmed. Anyway I quit the Spain job and was immediately appointed England manager As the only nation in the game with active leagues it should be the best national team going.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palermo & England 2032/33 Season Update:

Transfers out:

Only one I care about is La Spada. He's a youth the team produced before I got here and wouldn't sign a contract so SPAL came in and took him away from his youth contract. The compensation also gives us 15% of the profit made on him so hopefully he explodes at SPAL.

Transfers In:

I decided to execute my "Scoop up any semi-decent newgen with a bucket and hope" strategy.

Toggle Spoiler

League:

It was tough going at the start as we kept letting in late and/or stupid goals as well as picking up red cards. In February though everything seemed to click into place, our signings seemed to settle and we started looking like killers. The Frosinone match looks bad on paper but we had 8 players out for international games which meant we couldn't really compete.

The playoffs were shit as we just couldn't score against Novara who were playing very compact as they knew they'd go through with a draw.

Squad:

We also brought in a few on loan from the Premiership and they were a big help. Feys the clear player of the season though, he was a game changer from left back.

I've asked the board if we can go professional and that should happen next month. They've also agreed to upgrading our youth recruitment and are looking for a parent club. I think we've got a serious chance of winning next year and if not we should be much higher up the table so have a better seeding.

England:

Ireland coming back to haunt me was annoying but we're through to the Semi-Final and will play Denmark. The other semi-final is Spain against Portugal.

We also had two games in the World Cup Qualifiers, a 1-0 win over Belgium and a 1-1 againast Czech Republic.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to wait another 2 years to try and cross this shit off the list.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see you're enjoying the process.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn I had originally thought Mahow was the one who went to Spain for revenge and thought oh how tasty but now I've noticed that was not the case

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlucky Mahow!

Nose bleed stuff here

Italian regen, Nanni, has become the clubs all time leading scorer.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We look pretty fucked, Mike.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure someone will take you over eventually

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need a fast injection of Bruce Ball.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    The star system needs going in the bin imo.
    I'm interested to know why you think this?

Also @Lofty why is the star system subjective?

I play FM 11 still and I base my squad around the star system way more than their individual attributes. Is that wrong? Like 99% focused on the star system.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's comparative to your clubs stature, league and players you have.

For example someone like Harry Wilson might be 2* for Liverpool, but put him in a Championship team and that moves to 4*

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    ...It also appears the game is killing itself.

A 17 year old Spanish regen is playing for Calgliari and also managing Wales. He has no non-playing attributes whatsoever. He is listed in the General Info tab as 'Player'.
    This really tickled me for some reason.
    Last edited by Dquincy; 19-08-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    It's comparative to your clubs stature, league and players you have.

For example someone like Harry Wilson might be 2* for Liverpool, but put him in a Championship team and that moves to 4*
    Yeah I get that, but surely as long as you're signing players for your club which are a higher star rating then you're going to be improving your squad. Balls to individual attributes (...to a certain extent).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many teams have come in at the last minute to steal a signing away from me. All of them are wingers which I don't have that many of too.

Seriously infuriating.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post

Had to resign the Spain position as the game broke itself

Basically, I took on the U23s for the Olympics and it said I could pick 3 players above 23, but when one of the squad was injured and needed a replacement it was stuck at 'Must Respond' no matter what, I noticed the criteria had changed to 'no players over 23' and I couldn't remove the ones already confirmed.
    You can usually fix these types of bugs by going on holiday for a few days and letting the game sort it out. Just for future reference.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    You can usually fix these types of bugs by going on holiday for a few days and letting the game sort it out. Just for future reference.
    Aha, cheers. Thankfully all's well that ends well in this case.

DQuincy, I know what you're saying about the stars and yes they are a good reference if you have a 20 Judging member of staff telling you someone is 4 star in their position and someone else is 3 star, but quite often the star ratings in your own squad will change because you signed or sold someone, which is why I would also look at raw attributes and stuff like form rather than rely purely on stars which can be subjective in my experience.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a tumultuous 2031/32 season which saw Oldham finish just above the relegation zone despite signing some excellent players and previously manage a top ten finish I binned my long standing tactics and a lot of long serving players too. Signed a load of ageing free agent midfielders with nice atrributes on 12 month deals and brought back a newgen striker I loaned from Chelsea who was likely the best striker the team had seen in years, selling off my two stalwarts who had been returning piss poor numbers. It's now January and I am in the hunt for Europe, short at left wing and a bit miffed a 31 year old Saka turned down my offer of £170k a week to join Villa on £115k a week

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished 7th which wasn't enough for Europe, got to the FA Cup Semi-Finals then had a disaster against Spurs where we went down to ten men and lost 6-2. Beat them in league a week later 3-0

England having the same problem I had with Spain despite the tactic being different, obliterate anyone and break records for fun (beat Scotland 9-0 ) but any competent team in a knockout match and suddenly we cant break them down. Finished 3rd in the Nations League, same as my Spanish performance. Need to start grooming all the wonderkids now to have them ready for a tournament, the likes of Greenwood, Rashford and Foden are not long for retirement now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had a golden generation?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished 8th, made it to the FA Cup final. The way the fixtures panned out my last league game of the season was away at the Etihad to a Man City side who hadn't yet won the league, followed by a trip to Wembley to play... Man City. As I couldn't be caught in the league I put my second string out and won 2-0. Caused some selection headaches but in the end I opted for my 'A' team. We missed a penalty in the 20th minute before going 3-0 down, finishing 4-2 at full time. Still based on the season on season improvement (Semis last year, final this year) hopefully next year is the year.

Just the small matter of a World Cup for England this summer, massive offers coming in for all my best players but the board isn't giving me all the revenue so it's not like I could sell up for a £300m kitty and rebuild. I have taken the bold move of purely picking players based on their form to whittle the squad down to 23 for this, meaning there has been uproar in the media. Could be toast if there is an early exit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been trying to offer the prick (and everyone else whose contract expires next year) since the start of the season but the twat has moaned that he doesn't want one as wants assurances of his playing time...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I'm having some really weird negotiations with players.

For instance I went to extend a players contract and he says he wants to be a squad player this year and a regular starter next year. I accept but he gets upset that I'm not giving him what he wants. I then up next years to important player says he doesn't want that and takes it back down to regular starter and then storms off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palermo & England 2033/34 Season Update:

League:

I thought we'd win the league but I didn't think it would be that easy, especially as I was rotating my team a lot to ensure my HUGE squad got minutes.

Cups:

Pescara are a Serie B team (although it looks like they might be going down) so that was huge. I thought we could beat Torino but they were far too good for us sadly.

Officially the best team in Serie C.

Transfers In:

A free transfer and I'm pretty excited about him. He came in as our 6th or so best midfielder and he ended the season as arguably our number 1. I even rejected a £3.7m bid from West Ham in January for him.

£14.5k and he was instantly loaned out to a Serie D side and he did very well. 29 starts, 8 goals and 17 assists with a rating of 7.31.

Another freebie. He didn't feature much early on in the season but I started playing him a lot at RM near the end of the season and he's been fantastic.

Another freebie and I've tried to give him a lot of minutes but he hasn't done much with them. I've been training him as an MC (which is where a lot of his minutes came) to try and take advantage of his passing.

£10.75k and was loaned out in January as I wanted to give Jahn more time in the team.

£13k. Still needs to be trained as an ML as he's a natural AML.

£15.25k. I missed out on about 5 better wingers nearer the start of the window and I had no ML's so I went a bit too mental.

Another freebie. Needs training as he's only natural in positions I don't play.

Another freebie and he's been my first choice RM. He's far too good for the league and his physicals mean he just skips past defenders easily.

£14k. His wages are a bit mental but I had missed out on so many players and so many teams had made offers for him and I really wanted him. Natural on the right and through the middle is really helpful and my fans were most excited about him when he signed.

£29k and I clearly needed another LM...

I don't usually post screenshots of loanees but he's joining us on a free at the end of the season. Was my starting LM throughout the season and he's been phenomenal.

More scooping of youths in a bucket which probably has to calm down from next season. I would have liked to have sent more out on loan than I did but I couldn't secure as many loan deals as I wanted.

Squad:

I said in my last update that I think Timmermans would be big this year and I was right as he was absolutely lethal. I also thought he'd suffer from being rotated in and out so much but that wasn't the case.

Goal next year is to not bring in anyone else on loan and to bring in some defenders as we currently own fuck all.

England:

Nations League slipping through my fingers is really annoying but I have another crack at the World Cup in a couple of months so hopefully that gets crossed off the list.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ten games away from CL football! I've banned the players from discussing it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, we got another win somewhere.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've beat West Brom, Norwich and Everton.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The great escape is on.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to do a proper update regarding the World Cup but:

Absolute shambles.

My main striker missed a penalty and missed about 4 easy chances which will probably see me sacked.

I just can't seem to crack internationals on this save. I've still only won the Copa America.

Edit: And in bad Palermo news, my assistant recommended making Timmermans my captain. I obliged and now every single other member in my squad is angry as they feel they'd be a better captain...

Edit: Officially sacked by England, ugh.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 22-08-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just signed this 15 year kid for 20m from Birmingham

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the job with Nigeria as the AFCON is in a few months so gives me the quickest opportunity at crossing a competition off the list.

Here's how qualifying is going:

They have some decent youth and they're the second highest African team in the World Rankings after the Ivory Coast.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I was going to do a proper update regarding the World Cup but:

Absolute shambles.

My main striker missed a penalty and missed about 4 easy chances which will probably see me sacked.

I just can't seem to crack internationals on this save. I've still only won the Copa America.

Edit: And in bad Palermo news, my assistant recommended making Timmermans my captain. I obliged and now every single other member in my squad is angry as they feel they'd be a better captain...

Edit: Officially sacked by England, ugh.

If it makes you feel better my World Cup campaign went the same except we met France in the 3rd round, had a million shots on target only for my LB to break down immediately after I used all my subs and handed France the initiative for a 1-0 win. I was also sacked after that. Now Mexico manager

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP the great escape.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've won my third international tournament but it's not on THE LIST:

The Benin match was shit. We should have won by about 10 goals, it was all us throughout the whole match but we couldn't score until the 92nd minute. After that, easy.