Page 241 of 340 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,050 of 16996

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Well it isn't and even if it was why would an overtly rich Arab or Prince Charles want to launder money?
    It will be a bung for something, but yeah, no cunt is laundering money through Prince fucking Charles. Especially Quatari politicians. £3 million is about 20p to them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who works in Anti money laundering, it's not literally money laundering. The Qatari Prince would be a high risk customer (because he's a politically exposed person) and a charity would likely be high risk (because they can take cash and can be linked to terrorist financing). What any bank taking that much cash should do is verify the source of the money before accepting it into the charity's bank account.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've woken up to see I made a criminally wrong post 7 cocktails deep.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's a class that the Liberal Democrats are betraying, it ain't the working class.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/diving/61948675

Standard argument over banning obvs, but there was one nugget that caught my eye.

"I was furious," he told iNews. "Anyone that's told that they can't compete or can't do something they love just because of who they are, it's not on.
    He understands how elite sport works, right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can compete against you if they want, Tom.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am equally furious at Chelsea's refusal to give me a crack at the number 9 shirt on the basis of me being too old and too shit. Not very inclusive imo.

Yeah, this inclusivity stuff has jumped the shark somewhat. Is it going to take a freshly snipped Tyson Fury uppercutting Nicola Adams into Row Z before this shit stops?
    Last edited by Spikey M; 27-06-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already happened in UFC or something didn't it? I'm sure I remember a quote from a female fighter who fought a trans fighter and said they'd never been punched so hard in their life.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right. Her grip was different, I could usually move around in the clinch against other females but couldn’t move at all in Fox’s clinch,"

Tamika Brent after fighting Fallon Fox in 2014. Brent sustained a fractured orbital bone and a concussion during the fight and needed a wound in her head closed with staples.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem was it wasn't UFC, so wasn't high profile enough to effect a change. It's like when UFC started in 1993 and there were literally no rules; it took three or four years of increasingly violent but increasingly popular events for anyone to take note and regulate it.

The moment a transwoman flogs someone in actual UFC or boxing then it'll be the end of it. It's a shame that weightlifter did fuck all at the Olympics because that might have been enough had they got a gold medal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...close-27352019

I absolutely love the photo they've used at the top of this story and that there's no explanation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phwoar!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting some Bjork stalker vibes from that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never even heard of this chap, but fuck me is that video moving.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62006852

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 year old in Idaho who was pregnant as a result of rape had to travel out of state to get an abortion.

Murica.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have just controlled the semen entering her body, lazy bitch.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    10 year old in Idaho who was pregnant as a result of rape had to travel out of state to get an abortion.

Murica.
    So she could get an abortion? I thought that the Supreme Court had BANNED ABORTION.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    So she could get an abortion? I thought that the Supreme Court had BANNED ABORTION.
    Literally nobody said that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepe, this appears to have broken you a bit. Keep it together son.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He appears to be the only calm voice I’ve read on it all since it happened.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine thinking this was the thing to post.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the knowledge on American Constitutional Law (very few people do) to have an opinion on whether the Supreme Court's decision was right or wrong, so I don't. I would like the Federal Congress to come up with a sensible abortion law for the entire country, but since this is a place where some states think that abortion should not be allowed under any circumstance and others think that abortion should be allowed until moments before the birth, no questions asked, then that has proven to be complicated and I do not think that it will happen any time soon. The next best thing is to let each state choose what their abortion law should be, which is where we are now. If I lived in a state like Ohio, where abortion is completely banned, or Colorado, where it is allowed at any time, and I was allowed to vote, I would vote for people who propose more sensible laws (assuming the rest of their program is agreeable, of course.) Since I live in a state that does not have extreme laws like that, I simply do not worry about it. Apparently that makes me an insane person.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a huge difference between not worrying and actively saying it's not a problem if raped children have to travel potentially hundreds of miles to receive necessary medical care.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop being an uncalm voice in the room RL.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not saying that it is not a problem. I am saying that access to abortion still exists in the US, even in the most extreme case that they could find. People need to be calm, wait for the dust to settle, and see how things pan out. Something tells me that it won't be the horror that everyone claims it will be. Or lets impeach/murder the Supreme Court justices instead, that sounds more reasonable.

Also, Americans drive hundreds of miles for a bag of crisps.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Women will be just fine".

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you so invested in the laws in Ohio anyway? Planning to move there any time soon?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I'm a human being who cares if shit things happen to other human beings.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of you to care so much about people, especially when it comes to the trendy topic of the day in the most popular country in the world. It is true that when it comes to horrors that occur in this planet, no one has it worse than American women. I am sure that your caring will make them feel much better.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crusade of the week.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps the cause RL, I don't actually care but still think the ruling was batshit bonkers.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps the cause RL, I don't actually care but still think the ruling was batshit bonkers.
    By the ruling, do you mean the supreme court ruling? Care to explain what the case was about?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the ruling, do you mean the supreme court ruling? Care to explain what the case was about?
    Not really, I don't care.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There might be a bus ride in it, but the average American birthing person will more than likely still find it easier to get an abortion past twelve weeks than the average European, so the sight of European politicians lining up to beal about it was pretty lol. Emmanuel Macron showing his office right up was a particular highlight.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't some states planning to introduce laws to stop people travelling to other states for abortions?

And what if you can't afford to travel to another state for one anyway?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The very same Supreme Court will stop states barring people from crossing state lines for them, and the abortion charities, all flush with seething extra cash, will just pay your travel expenses as well since they won't have to keep as many buildings heated now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have to travel to another state to get an abortion, it's madness.

I don't care about how the thing came about, but as far as I understand it a thing happened in the US that means states can now ban abortions when they couldn't before. If that's not factually correct I'll stand down, but if it is factually correct, it's a stupid thing to have happened.

EDIT: And do I care? Not particularly. Just calling out the stupidity of it while others seem hell bent on defending it. I don't know why.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of you to care so much about people, especially when it comes to the trendy topic of the day in the most popular country in the world.
    This really is one of the weakest, stupidest lines people trot out.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it has such a minor effect on access to abortion why get rid of it in the first place? It seems rather disingenuous to say it never mattered when it's been the defining ruling on the subject for the last 50 years.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion on the matter is basically what Yev said. I'm not particularly arsed, it's just yet another thing that makes America backwards shithole.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you all object to the very notion that elected politicians should be the ones to decide the rules around it, like in pretty much every other country in the world (including this one), or is the dispute about the time limits on being able to get one? If so, what should the restrictions be?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Do you all object to the very notion that elected politicians should be the ones to decide the rules around it, like in pretty much every other country in the world (including this one), or is the dispute about the time limits on being able to get one? If so, what should the restrictions be?
    Sigh. The objection is having to travel to another state to get an abortion. It's stupid and unnecessary at what could be a quite horrific time for the individual involved. I can't really make it any clearer than that. Again, if that's factually incorrect/100% won't happen I'll stand down.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were here I would object to anything that resembled a removal of reasonable access. Doubly so if it was a bunch of Nationalist Christians trying to push it through which is what this looks like.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh. The objection is having to travel to another state to get an abortion. It's stupid and unnecessary at what could be a quite horrific time for the individual involved. I can't really make it any clearer than that. Again, if that's factually incorrect/100% won't happen I'll stand down.
    I guess Pepe and Lewis's point is the supreme court haven't made that happen, rather the states themselves who are enacting their handmaid's law.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The very same Supreme Court will stop states barring people from crossing state lines for them.
    No they won't. Treating the Supreme Court like it's the only place in the entire world not affected by the political leanings of those making the decisions and actually just sancresantly reading the text are mouth breathing morons.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I guess Pepe and Lewis's point is the supreme court haven't made that happen, rather the states themselves who are enacting their handmaid's law.
    Semantic gymnastics, yes.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Which is a stupid one, as they knew full well what would happen if they did.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is that the main objection? If the abortion limit was one week, but you could get it done locally, is that better than having to travel but being able to do so up to twenty-odd weeks? Unusually for you, this sounds a lot like not actually wanting to have a position on something.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright Worzel.