User Tag List

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1629

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our games in the Euros (update post will be tomorrow) was played in the Ryan Giggs Stadium...

Built in 2022 in Bridgend.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poland Euro 2028 Campaign:

We were rocked by Lewandowski announcing his plan to retire as a player the day before the tournament only to then change his mind literally 10 in game minutes AFTER I announced my squad. I tried to see if I could get him in but sadly it wasn't to be. He was there with us though as sometime last year I offered him a job as a coach with the national team. I will be firing my assistant and offering the job to Bob soon too.

Group Stage:

Norway up first and we were looking good early on and I thought we were going to blow them away. In the second half I went less attacking to ensure they didn't get back into it.

FUCK FRANCE. When Mbappe scored I feared for us but we rose to the occasion and battered them. My boy Walczak with a goal in his debut too, better than Mbappe.

As we were through to the next stage already and guaranteed to be in first I made a heap of changes and the second string played fairly well and I thought we'd take all 3 points but it wasn't to be.

Second Round:

Bottom Ireland awaited us and it was a strange game. We were missing a lot of easy chances throughout the 90 minutes and I feared we'd end up losing thankfully my front two decided to wake up in extra time.

Quarter-Final:

Absolutely blown away by the Turks, we never looked like we could stop them although when Walczak scored I was thinking it might lift us and drag us back into the game but it did not. Michael Oliver was rated a 5.5 for the game after and I had a news item about his shocking performance as a ref. Their first was a penalty that looked bullshit so I'm claiming and that we'd have won with a different ref.

Tournament Outcome:

Losing to the eventual winners (especially under SUSPICIOUS circumstances) makes me feel a little better as does England losing on penalties yet again. It's weird though that the World Cup is held by Ukraine and the Euros by Turkey when the save isn't that far into the future.

Turkey only have 1 newgen in the squad (a backup LB) too so I'm not sure what's gone on there.

Squad:

A lot more youth in the squad this time especially as I was trying to lock some Germans to us. I even tried to get a few more to defect but I couldn't manage it sadly. Walczak, who was named the young player of the tournament, really had a strong showing and he'd have been left at home if Lewandowski (who has just postponed his retirement for a third time) fucked it.

Here are the newgens in the squad:

I've tried to buy him 3 or 4 times for Siedlce but it never happened. He was produced at Legia before being sold to Hertha for £3.2m he then started seething in January of his first season with them at not starting so was listed for just £1.7m. Unfortunately his contract demands were too high and he's now happy at Hertha.

Backup RB who was previously German. Hopefully he comes good as we could use a good RB.

He's a natural LM/AML who can play LB, I locked him and I'm hoping to make him an attacking LB.

Our main man in CM.

I had him on loan at Siedlce in our debut season in the Ekstraklasa and we had a £1.4m optional future fee. I decided not to use it as I thought we could get him cheaper outside of the loan. We couldn't as they still wanted £1.4m but he ended up going to Heidenheim for £2.3m. I tried to buy him again this summer but he went to Hoffenheim for £1.6m. Painful.

Another German to be locked in as Polish. I think this guy is going to be amazing and he's done really well whenever I've played him.

We bought him for £1.7m only for THE DICKHEAD chairman to sell him on deadline day in February 2027. He had a release clause of £3.2m and I tried to buy him back this Summer. He wasn't interested though and he's now at Bournemouth on huge wages and they wont sell him for anything less than £50m. My board fucked up hard on this one.

A German who did not want to switch. I brought him on loan to Siedlce last season and he did really well and eventually switched allegiance. I've also secured another season long loan for him this year.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seem to be a lot of irregular betting patterns involving the Turkish national side.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've heard about my previous exploits to the country...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Champions League dream is over

But the European dream goes on.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Champions League dream is very much alive:

Our first match we were drawn against the toughest seeded team in Dinamo Zagreb and I didn't think we had a chance. We played really well though in the first half but I got scared and went defensive when they pulled one back.

In the second leg we were in control but they did have a few chances but my keeper was in great form and wouldn't let them through. The goal wasn't needed but it was nice to grab it.

We were then drawn against the toughest unseeded teams in Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

I feared for the worst when they scored early but Zielonka who has been nothing more than a sub for me missed a few chances before finally putting one away. It was then cagey until I made some changes, Rakoczy who had just come on scored a wonder goal from outside the box and that seemed to relax the team and they ended up grabbing two more not long after.

It was a real treat for the twenty fans who travelled with us. I'm sure it will all come crumbling down when Tel-Aviv batter us at home in the second leg.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Into the group stage of the Euro Cup!

Wow

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

United are the current holders too.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 20-02-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man UFC?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the massive cash injection my dickhead chairman is at it again:

It's a good offer but I really don't want to break this squad apart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also:

That must be one of the weakest CL quarter-finals I've seen in a while. PSG are the only proper big-team of the lot, with United a somewhat distant second. Gladbach knocked City out, Feyenoord beat Bayern (both of those with away wins as well) and Leipzig beat Juventus.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 20-02-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no words.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fair result given they hit the woodwork four times. Still a hard pill to swallow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won though, didn't he? I was also a bit confused initially (especially because of the late goal), but I think he has no words due to the magnitude of the achievement. It must feel great.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right your are. Played, Mahow.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairly poor pre-season odds with Blyth.

But a pretty comfortable season.

Onto the following season and after bringing in some young players released from Premier League clubs, I was confident we could have a good season.

Really poor pre-season odds but it was going pretty comfortably...

When I finally got a bit of recognition higher up the leagues. Millwall and MK Dons both offered me jobs in League One, and I opted to move to Millwall.

They're quite a bit further on in the season. They have a pretty strong squad in terms of work rate, fitness and determination, but less so in terms of technical qualities, so it's back to the slightly more direct version of the 4-3-3, with the shadow striker and runners as opposed to playmakers. The squad is lacking depth in a few areas and the players seem fatigued already so there's a fair bit of balancing going on, but things have started pretty well and we're closing in on the playoffs after around ten games in charge.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've nearly bought FM22 a few times recently but having played CM01/02 exclusively for 20 years, I fear it will overwhelm me. Can you turn off certain settings to simplify the game while you get used to it? Also will it spank the shit out of my laptop?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a fair amount you can automate, but if you're coming straight from 01/02 it will still shock you as regards the sheer size and scale of the game and how long everything takes. There is loads of extra reward for that in detail and immersion, but you need to be a committed player. Almost like going from a Nokia 3210 to whatever the latest iPhone is, in the same time period.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I've nearly bought FM22 a few times recently but having played CM01/02 exclusively for 20 years, I fear it will overwhelm me. Can you turn off certain settings to simplify the game while you get used to it? Also will it spank the shit out of my laptop?
    Is there a demo for it yet on steam?
    Get watching some YouTube guides on stuff to get ready maybe?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torino 2033/34 Season Review

Found some time to complete another season, and it was the best one I've had since taking over at Torino.

The season culminated in a race for 3rd place between AC Milan and ourselves. Appropriately enough, we played them in the final game and smashed them 4-1.

I'd say the biggest difference to previous seasons is that I've finally found a centre-forward who provides goals as well as link-up play:

Initially I didn't even want to make an offer since his attacking stats are not that great, but I couldn't find anyone better so I settled for him. 19 goals in 32 is not mind-blowing but a definite improvement over his predecessor.

I've also realized that the game brings out excessive stinginess in me. I'm still on the 16th-highest wage budget of the league and any bid for new players that exceeds 10 million Euros hurts my soul a little bit. Might splash the cash now I've got Champions League money.

Finally there are some prospects coming through the youth setup which might be able to hold down a spot in the first team in the coming years. Pick of the bunch is this one who has already filled in a couple of times when the first-choice defenders were injured.

I've noticed that with my formation, which essentially has two defenders, rotation in that area tends to affect performance the worst, though, so it'll mostly be cameos from the bench in the foreseeable future.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got job offers from the national teams of Belgium, England France, Holland, Italy, Portugal and the US of A on the back of that season after the 2034 World Cup ended. I chose USA because their world ranking is the lowest out of all those, so it should be a challenge. Though said ranking is 11th, meaning they're hopefully not terrible and I can guide them to World Cup quarter-finals or even semis next time around.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was not pretty. That's easily my biggest defeat on any FM ever.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seethe must have been glorious.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/footballman...pdate_223_out/

Tweaks to how Dynamic Youth ratings work, including some rebalancing and allowances for smaller nations to receive boosts within realistic parameters

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miles lied?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youth intake today and again it promised much but again it looks a little disappointing. Something strange has happened though and I don't think I've ever seen it before.

This guy popped out:

Doesn't look all that great although my staff love him. The weird thing is this:

He currently has no second nationality because he doesn't want a Polish passport. I don't think I've ever seen a newgen not have a first or second nationality from the nation that produced him. It's going to be shit if he never applies AND he comes good as I wont be able to use him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just had a quick look round youth teams:

He's better than my current strikers.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's outrageous for a kid that age. Only killer is the Natural Fitness, so he won't be playing until he's 40, but definitely some kinda Rooney-like half-life

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible stubble for a 15 year old as well.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On that, next year why don't FM just use thispersondoesnotexist and set some parameters for some "proper" pictures. It's also free to use commercially.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winter Update:

More than 4.4m database changes are incorporated within the Main Winter Update, including changes to player data based on their performances in the first half of the season.

Even more excitingly, the Main Winter Update brings with it the return of Versus mode for PC/Mac gamers. You’ll need to be an FMFC member to access Versus - log in via the FM22 start screen to get started and compete against your friends. More information on Versus mode’s return and how to get the most from it is available on The Byline.

This update also contains fixes and improvements across multiple areas of the game. All gameplay adjustments will take effect in current careers, although you will need to begin a new save to take advantage of the data updates.

Changes in the 22.3 update included (but are not limited to):
    - Tweaks to inside wingers/forwards and how often the cut inside with the ball when attacking
    - Tweaks to how Dynamic Youth ratings work, including some rebalancing and allowances for smaller nations to receive boosts within realistic parameters
    - Girlfriend beater Mason Greenwood has been removed from the database
    - A number of stability and crash fixes
    - Format structure and rule changes for nations including, but not limited to Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, England, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, USA and Wales
    - Added ‘Last Match Analysis’ to be viewable after one match is played, rather than having to wait for three matches
    - Added an option to remove 3D eyebrows when using photofit face so that you can have just the eyebrows from the photo
    - Fixed freeze when adding teams to club continental competitions

A more detailed changelist is available on our community forums.

Most updates of this nature should download automatically but if yours doesn’t, just quit and relaunch Steam or the Epic Games Store to prompt it to do so. If you’re playing via the Windows Store or Game Pass, you may need to manually search for the update – more information is available here.

The Final Winter Update follows in a few weeks, covering data from windows that closed in February, including MLS and China.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may recall me taking over Millwall mid-way through the season in League One, with them firmly entrenched in mid-table.

I was happy with that, even though we were a last minute penalty concession away from winning the league.

That was the task faced in the first season in the Championship. Again though, I was confident we could finish somewhere in the top half, or mid-table at least and build from there.

It's been a really interesting season, and easily the most challenging. After that first run of bad form, I was scratching my head a bit. Morale was low and we didn't really have the technical quality for the Championship to play the possession football I was attempting. So I went overboard on the praise for training, recent form and the last performance - basically anyone achieving 7+. Morale turned fairly quickly but I also opted for my most cautious tactic, which sits deep, soaks up pressure and counter attacks. We picked up form and I was able to revert back to a more positive style. We then had another slight blip but looking at the table below after 30 games you can see that we managed four straight wins again.

I was actually enjoying my time at Millwall and would have happily stayed: I'd worked hard in the sense that I'd had to adapt my tactics and felt it was really paying off. However, the job at Brentford became available and it seemed like a natural progression, so I took the job.

After four seasons at East Fife and a couple at Blyth, my career didn't seem to be going anywhere fast despite the good results, however within the space of a couple of seasons I've jumped from the Vanarama North, briefly spent some time in the Vanarama National League, League 1 and a first time promotion, and from the Championship play-offs to the Premier League. It's been 15 months between leaving Blyth and joining Brentford.

13 games to try and survive.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    He's outrageous for a kid that age. Only killer is the Natural Fitness, so he won't be playing until he's 40, but definitely some kinda Rooney-like half-life
    Other than Lewandowski players are dead to me when they hit 30.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could become Lewandowski-like though if that's how he is at 15.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce & Poland 2028/29 Season Update:

Transfers In:

Burning through that CL money...

From our feeder club. He's the second CM we've signed from them on a free with the first being sold (by the dickhead chairman) for £800k. I'll be sending him out on loan next year to give him some experience but I'm hopeful he'll come good.

Full backs are the biggest problem for us (and Poland I feel) on the save right now. I'm not convinced by him but £135k is now throwaway money for us so I don't mind taking the risk.

This guy was weird. He was listed as extremely interested in us but his agent hated me for some reason and no matter what I promised him the agent would be furious that I wasn't giving him what I wanted. I think this was happening to other clubs too as there were some Bundesliga clubs who made offers for him and he rejected those too. His contract with FC Inter was expiring at the end of November and thankfully at the start of November he was willing to talk. He's come in as our second best CM. He is also Polish, don't worry about that.

I'm going to be thinning the squad by quite a bit this Summer as I'm going to cut losses on a lot of youth who have failed to develop as well as I had hoped. One area that we will be lacking in is wingers, this can guy play on either side and up front. His physicals are great for the league so hopefully he can push on nicely.

The biggest transfer BY FAR as I was hunting a genuinely class full back. I had been keeping tabs on him for a while but he wasn't interested in us before and we had no money. This season changed that and so I snapped him up. Sadly we couldn't sign him in the Summer as I feel we could have used him in Europe. Desperately trying to get him to switch to Poland but he keeps rejecting us.

Another to try and solve our RB problem. He hasn't been amazing when used thus far, hopefully he kicks on next season.

He's come in as our third choice CB this season but I can see him taking a starting job next year unless we buy someone else. Can also play as a full back on either side too.

I'm not all that keen on him but scouts love him so I thought why not for 10k.

I do not remember signing this guy at all. I believe I have all the transfer stuff as my responsibility so I don't think my DOF could have signed him but I also can't believe that I signed him. At least he was free...

Another who I've had my eye on for a while. I tried to sign him even though he wasn't interested earlier but he rejected me. I was then pained when I saw he was interested but we had no money so I asked the board if they'd sign him as they wouldn't increase my budgets. They gladly accepted and the deal was done swiftly. He's natural at CM and AML so he'll be splitting time. My expectations are high.

Transfers Out:

The biggest names there are the final two. Steczyk had a great three years as our main ST but then we signed Walczak and he faded into the background. Getting £1.5m for him at 30 was great. Rakoczy only had one year as a starter and the next three seasons as a rotation between 3 guys but he was having his best season for us since his first. However the game time starting slowing down after the mid-season window and I decided to cash in.

League:

We went top after the second match and we never looked back. Our start coupled with the back end of last season meant we went on a 17 game winning streak as well as a 34 game unbeaten run. We were great in the first half of the season especially in December where we won 3 tough games in a row despite fitness being a serious issue. We slowed down after the break but the league was effectively done by then.

Cups:

We won the Polish Community shield, yay.

We failed early in the cup again, yay. Our board hate us for this but I'm so glad we did, we were struggling so bad with fitness near the end of the calendar year with CL and league football as the squad is too small.

Champions League:

I was stunned that we made it to the groups as we had the hardest draw in each of the qualifying games and then we were put into a shitter of a group. We battled valiantly (expect the matches against United) and came so close to something really special but we fell just short.

We went into the final game knowing that if we beat the Belgians we were through to the knockouts. A draw (or a loss coupled with a United win) and we would drop down to the Europa. Sadly Anderlecht came out swinging and were 4-0 up after 18 minutes. We grabbed 2 back before half time and we also had a goal disallowed early into the second half but we just couldn't claw it back.

United who had won their first 4 games whilst being managed by Mourinho again decided to sack him as he was doing shit in the league and then they lost 2-1 to Anderlecht and 4-2 to Milan.

On balance we deserved this but to come so close only to fuck up against the worst team in the group is heart breaking.

Squad:

My boy Walczak wasn't scoring as freely this season but he finished with better averages because his game play was so much better this season. I want to bring Malkowski and Koziara back for their third seasons, we've had an offer accepted for no fees/wages for Malkowski but Bayern want crazy money for Koziara so I doubt he comes back. Also, as a spoiler for next season, I have agreed a deal with Legia for the mental 15 year old so he will partner Walczak up front. Other than that I'm happy with the first 11 but we need to improve the backups.

Finances:

The chairman was quite agreeable this year for a change and we've improved a lot. Our recruitment is now 5 stars as is the junior coaching and he agreed to two youth and training facility upgrades along the season. £7m in the bank but we haven't been given CL money for this season yet.

Poland:

Up against England again but this time we got the better of them and finished ahead of them.

We took the lead against Portugal but it was all them after that. They scored in the 119th minute to win it though which is annoying as we might have taken it on penalties.

Against Italy we were better than them throughout but they scored in injury time of the first half as well as the second half to send it to extra time and then we fucked it hard on penalties. Annoying.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet we've finished above them in every season we've been in the same league bar one. Plus winning the league the last two seasons as well.

Idiot...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dickhead chairman is back at it:

However, this time I can't really blame him. £15.5m plus 20% of any profit (would have been nice for next sale, dickhead) is pretty tasty. Annoyingly though he's gone from Champions League football to a yo-yo club and he has a relegation release clause of £10.25m. They've been in the Prem three seasons before in my save getting relegated in two of them (finished 17th in the other) so it's unlikely we make more from him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very quick update on how the Brentford end of season turned out:

A successful 13 games; we actually survived with a game to go. In our seven home games we won 5, drew 1 and lost 1, and in our six away games we won 1, drew 1, lost 4. Conceded 22 goals in those six away games, showing there is a bit of work to do.

I'm currently attempting to get some more technical players in, as at the moment we have no choice but to play the tried and trusted sit back and counter style. Which is fine for a side expected to go down, but it's not a long term ambition.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I blind or does the Zealand skin not show a players value?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Am I blind or does the Zealand skin not show a players value?
    Not, not for me either.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think I've ever had a son come through on FM. Just been playing around on a career game and added a new manager to another team to free up the position (add manager, then resign, retire). The random name I gave the new manager was something like 'John kjhkjh'. Resigned him, then retired him.

Few days later, my normal team I'm managing had the youth date and I had a young player come through called 'Peter kjhkjh'.

Arseholes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see it.

There's a little box on the top row of the player overview screen titled "Transfer Information". Right beside the Biography box.

Just above a player's positions graph on the attributes screen.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know a decent tactic for 22? I'm just about to get started on this but cant be arsed to make one. None of that strikerless BS though.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get fucked.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You what?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Get fucked.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Anyone know a decent tactic for 22? I'm just about to get started on this but cant be arsed to make one. None of that strikerless BS though.
    What team, what are your players like...?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    What team, what are your players like...?
    looking for a plug and play really. anything I can build a team around.

I've not decided on a team yet but thinking Ipswich.