User Tag List

Page 81 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disconnect when winning in my first game back ffs. The kind of luck I really don't need if I'm to get a decent ranking, and enough to tilt me from the get go.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 4 losses in a row now to go 11-13 from 11-9. I could have won 3 of them and should have won 2.

Another one on penalties. I don't understand how they work at all. I aim a little bit on the thumb stick to the left or right and it goes 10 yards wide.

A chair is about to find its way into my tv screen at this rate. So triggered it's untrue.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you have to play because of time constraints, never play angry or when you've lost 3 in a row.

Take a break and come back later as you're only ever going to lose more.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going for the fight through it approach, with a possible chance of deleting my account, which if I'm honest would be doing me a favour (If I had the balls I'd do it anyway) This game is such a steaming pile of shit it isn't true.

Completely broken things in it:

Kick offs.
    Player selection.
    Forward runs.
    'Easy' chances
    Tackling

The list is endless.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switched back to 4-3-2-1/3-5-2 and two easy rage quit wins in 10 minutes makes it 13-13 and 1 more win needed to end this hell.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I'm going for the fight through it approach, with a possible chance of deleting my account, which if I'm honest would be doing me a favour (If I had the balls I'd do it anyway) This game is such a steaming pile of shit it isn't true.

Completely broken things in it:

Kick offs.
    Player selection.
    Forward runs.
    'Easy' chances
    Tackling

The list is endless.
    It's crazy how tgame to game it feels different. Sometimes it feels great for you and you can tell it is going awful for your opponents and vice versa.

I don't understand why it does this.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one has to call a spade a spade, I love what EA have done with rewards, packs, SBC's, objectives and all the menu stuff this year. Ok, it's not perfect and it still has a way to go, but it's as good as it's ever been and stuff like the Martinez objective has brought proper enjoyment for me. It was a massive slog, but building the packs and pulling an all-nighter for TOTY was great too.

But, and it's a huge but, the actual playing side of the game is absolute and unadulterated horseshit. It's just fucking awful.

Just finished my last game to get 14-14 and it sums it up perfectly. I won 6-2, with 6 finesse shots from outside the box. Six. Now I know it's never going to be super-realistic, but how the fuck is that still in the game? They've supposedly patched it at least twice now. I'll tell you exactly, the game engine is so broken that if you take timed-finesses away then there'd be no goals. The monstrous auto-defending from the AI would put paid to that, which they can't fix because it's so integral to the engine.

Things wouldn't be so bad if they haven't nerfed pace so much, but having done that they're hardly going to roll it back now. So whatever happens, I think we're stuck with a piece of shit until FIFA20 at least.

Some of this wank is masked when you're winning (I'd be bullshitting if I didn't admit that there are enjoyable moments in that), but when you play 30+ games of this (I did some Squad Battles to get Elite 1) in just over 24 hours it really hits home how horrible it is. And the reality is that while I'm still shit, I'm better now than I've ever been at FIFA, but I enjoyed actually playing 17 and 18 so much more. They were fun, this is turd.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 20-01-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree on the broken mechanic that is the finesse, but not that there’d be no goals without it. I’ve scored 4 of them all weekend, as I never try for it, just using when I would have in Fifa’s of the past (used to score a lot of them with Henry as it felt natural to do it with him), I’ve scored most of my goals driving into the corners.

Finesse is one mechanic that is broken, but the determination of so many people to just play to broken mechanics, spurred on by youtubers, is where a lot of the mess is exacerbated. Personally, I’d love a nerf (in fact I’d rather just get rid) of holding A to jockey. Again, I’m biased as I don’t use it, but that’s truly, far more than AI controlled defenders, a big part of why ultra defensive creeps get away with not actually tackling.

Ultra pressing I’m fine with- it’s as effective as in real life but also as risky and can be played around and exposed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 losses in a row after only 1 in 9

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 in a row now.

Only one was against a superior opponent but I'm struggling to do anything today.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided I can't be fucked with that French Fut Stars objective.

In fact, I've secured Elite 1 in SB, Rank 2 in Rivals and Gold 3 in WL so I don't need to play for a while now. Having hammered the fuck out of it over the last week (I've played 61 games with Mbappe since I got him) maybe a break away will do me good. Lots of club management shit to do as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14-7, should be 15-6 were it not for the disconnect. 6 from 9 needed for Gold 1, and I’m flagging.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    It's crazy how tgame to game it feels different. Sometimes it feels great for you and you can tell it is going awful for your opponents and vice versa.

I don't understand why it does this.
    Oh and there's this.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matth...e-matchmaking/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a few games and the win streak ends at 13 to take me to 13-1. Quite an annoying game against an equally good opponent. I tackled him 3 times just outside the D only to have the ball rebound into his path inside the box. To make matters worse, he managed to bundle Raul over in his area twice for no penalty to be given. Pushing for the equaliser he countered me and 4-2 it finished.

Feeling very at peace with how I'm playing, but not sure how much further past 14 I want to go. I just played 9 games in a row and am feeling the strain but there's still 16 games left on the table.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally ended the losing streak at 4 games.

Raul scored a first half hattrick but he managed to score from a corner in the middle of that so we went into the break at 3-1.

I was the better player in the second half again but he took a shot which Varane chested it past VDS and cleared it (the goal line decision showed a bit of ball outside of the blue) but the shit game gave it to him. Should have killed it with Crespo but I'll take it.

10-5, one more win and I'm done. I can't be arsed to play for a further 3 wins.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rijkaard SBC out. Would be very nice to link all these dutchies!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had an absolutely mental game.

I thought when Crespo scored in the 93rd minute I had it because he also went down to 10 just before after hacking down Neymar when he was one on one.

When Pogba and then Martinez turned the game in his favour I thought I was going to lose a shit house of a game but then Crespo and Raul put me ahead only for him to get into my box and square it to Keane for a tap in.

Then had a corner right at the death and I was going to go short so I could whip it in (score a lot more) but he had that covered and Varane climbed above everyone to power it in. I knew if it would go to penalties I'd lose so thank fuck for that.

11-5 and I'm done. Fuck the game.

Edit: I really would like to message him and say GG because he was really good and I enjoyed the game but I only let friends message me and I didn't note down his PSN.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did 5 of the 81 double upgrades and have pulled Aguero from the 1st one.

Someone has flicked a switch on my account.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's impossible not to make money from silver packs right now too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowed out at 17-8 after my loss in 6, as I cannot muster the concentration anymore. Back in much better form this week though, and also had fun with a loan Baby Ronaldo. How I got him I'm not sure - a 'Welcome Pack' arrived for me sometime around 6.50... Anyone else get one?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13-1 turns into 15-2. Considering I'm up early it's tempting to hit 17 and quit whilst I'm ahead.

I'm starting to face tough games now with players of similar ability. The latest loss was decided by todays edition of 'Shit goals wot I score or saw'

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wol...video/67715386

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be seething so hard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almiron, Muriel, Borja Baston, Jansson and Uth.

Why the fuck are these rare player picks so fucking shit?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I'd be seething so hard.
    I actually laughed. State of the game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to rinse those 81+ double upgrade packs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That mixed pack thing is proper lol.

The pack odds for a bronze must be like 95%.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18 done:

Pack 1 - Juanfran IF, Sabitzer
    Pack 2 - Douglas Costa, Pickford
    Pack 3 - Henderson, Guaita
    Pack 4 - Bruno Fernandes, Corluka
    Pack 5 - Stones, Hector Herrera
    Pack 6 - Casemiro, Illarremendi
    Pack 7 - Tah, Bender
    Pack 8 - Batshuayi, Raul Garcia
    Pack 9 - Gabriel Jesus, Mathieu
    Pack 10 - Giuliano, Lanzini
    Pack 11 - De Vrij, Borja Valero
    Pack 12 - Diego Costa, Felipe
    Pack 13 - Quaresma, Morales
    Pack 14 - Adan, Bender
    Pack 15 - Mandanda, Biglia
    Pack 16 - Carrasco, Bailly
    Pack 17 - Rami, Burki
    Pack 18 - Perisic, Morales.

Couple of walkouts, a handful of boards and a nice IF.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucked

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a break after that one I think. 3rd loss in a row.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, marathon day finally over and what a journey it was.

From where you left me last I moved to 18-3. From here it was tough. I got matched up against Fully(formerly of Team Epsilon. I've played him before in the WL back in '17 and it didn't go well then). I fought a very good fight with him and had it at 2-2, however I lofted a cross to Raul only for him to hit the post, but have it go right across the line. He took it right up the other end and then controlled it well. Lost 4-2 in the end. However I more than held my own and I think his TOTY Mbappe and middle R9/CR7 combo was the big difference.
    Straight after this I was matched with who I think was Castro. Another closely fought game with some bobbles that went heavily my way. His Icons were overwhelming at first but I managed to play into it. I ended up taking this one 2-0.

From there it was as if the opponents had kicked up a notch. Things move towards the win one, lose one territory. But a few quality games from me saw me move to 22 wins with 3 games left.
    Fatigue had long since set in, however some of the names in the TOTW this week mean it could have been worth the push. A 6-5 loss and then a 5-4 loss knocked me right down to Earth. However luckily I managed to clutch up in the final game and after scoring my 2nd goal in the first 20 mins, my opponent quit.

Final record of 23-7. 70k much needed coins come my way later in the week.

23 games of FIFA in one day, not advised. I'm fucked.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First game back, and it's virtually a repeat of my last game. 10-13 and on a 4 game losing streak, I'm getting fucked off now.

I'm struggling to get 12 games in tonight GF, I don't know how you managed that many games in a day. Fair play though, cracking record.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great finish Fox. That’s a horrible number of games to play in a day. I had 5 Rage quits in my favour today and I was flagging by the end as once you get to +7 and beyond, all games are some degree of tough in my opinion - and then the rage quits stop, and grinding out a win... ugh.

Looking forward to a weekend off next as I’m away next weekend. Which kinda sums up where I am right now. I’m determined to get back to Elite 3 at least once this year, but it’ll need to come soon as we’re approaching the months where I normally just focus on qualifying for the next weekend as quickly as possible and then tapping out. I reckon I have three or four 25+ game weekends left until TOTS, when I’ll likely ramp back up a bit in the hype all month.
    Last edited by The Merse; 21-01-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthez is playing a WL game with Varane at LW because of reasons.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedCu...MPEnergyCherry

El tornado bicycle kick cross from Ibra, Jesus.

He won 5-3 (he was 3-1 up but gifted the guy two goals to try and get Varane a goal) with Varane getting a cross assist and a goal.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of the position glitch or because he will be abusing the fuck out of this?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wanted to abuse the crossing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's proving his point.

If you cut inside around the corner of the 18 yard box and send in an LB + X or L1 + square cross, 2/3 bars, it's strongly favours the tall attacker. So he's doing it with Zlatan, Bale and now apparently Varane.

Also cheers guys. Started playing about 2pm. Couple of small breaks in and I just survived. Felt my play get so much worse the longer I went.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to break out of my slump and win 4 on the bounce to get to Gold 3, record currently sitting at 14-13. I am tempted to play one more to see if there is ANY possibility of winning all of the remaining 3 games and get to Gold 2, but I'm pretty pleased with my first Gold 3 finish and I'm knackered so I'll leave it there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I would say is don't touch Rivaldo, his 2 star weak foot makes him unusable. Sure he'll shine against anyone you should beat, but against anyone where it's tight or they're the better player he'll frustrate the fuck out of you.
    Ended up doing Baresi -> Rivaldo because of the rewards potential. Packed nobody of note and he missed a one on one with his right foot on his debut.

George Best is great fun though, he's the best player I've used this year by far. Reckon the team is almost complete now, really liking NIF Marcelo so I think upgrading him is probably a waste of money. An elite CAM to replace Shearer is probably the goal now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m thinking of doing the same as the only Icons I might use Keane and Campbell for are Gullit, Vieira, Ronaldo or Henry... and I can see all of them needing 3 Icons, so I’m one short.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have now switched it for some reason.

Ndombele needs 3 IF's across two 85 rated squads and another 84 rated squad.

Fuck that shit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the weekly objective?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kroos from my daily SBC.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just moved to 4-2-3-1 in game in SB, put Marcelo at LCAM and brought on Zlatan to be RCAM to abuse the crosses and get the Vinicius loan quickly.

It's so much more broken than finesse shots, 5 assists from Marcelo with 4 of those going to Zlatan and it could have been more had I not placed so many headers right at the keeper.

If you need that swap deals player III this week just put your best crosser at one outside CAM with Fellaini at the opposite side CAM and you'll get that done easily.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ndombele SBC is a new level of rip off.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still considering it for this:

A more easily achievable riff on what I was planning for the next few month or so:

Aouar is actually looking like a better CAM than Suarez right now, but I'm mindful that Suarez & Kondogbia are pretty much guaranteed +2 boosts before Feb ends, which takes the sheen off Aouar and Ndombele.

I think I could just do the Aouar-Ndombele build this Thursday.

Retaining Suarez and Kondogbia would require another month or so.
    Last edited by The Merse; 21-01-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and great WL efforts gents.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any more swap players due this month other than the 3 released this week?

I currently have 6 but I am off on holiday for a week now. I was hoping to get the rare mega pack.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Danny; 22-01-2019 at 12:07 AM.