User Tag List

Page 78 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,900 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we're looking at teenagers on the fringe but hotly tipped. As such the likes of Sancho may well not be involved in this. From a Liverpool fan perspective you could potentially have Hoever who filled in at CB in the cup or maybe someone like Harry Wilson. They want players who are being hyped as the next big thing, but who have not actually been given a crack yet.

As for TOTW, it's really down to 3 players you want in it, with the likes of Pepe and Williams being in the I'd take as a sub option.

Fabinho being in it as a CB is odd as whilst he did well, he was never truly amazing. The CB ruins the potential for me having him too. I've TOTY Ramos and POTM VVD as my set back line for probably most of the rest of this game. Where he a CDM it'd have been perfect. As it stands I dont see why he costs 450k+ when he isn't strong, can't jump and can't head the ball.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Angel Gomes card is going to be great.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Utrecht SBC is fucking shit.

Who thought a 4-2-3-1 wide was a good formation for a team with ZERO wingers?

2 of the 3 CB's are also extinct.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Looks like we're looking at teenagers on the fringe but hotly tipped. As such the likes of Sancho may well not be involved in this.
    Which makes no sense when they include De Ligt. Not complaining like as I will look at using him!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and there's only 1 RB who is extinct too.

I should not have sold Aurier yet.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen one guy who claims he knows how this Future Stars will work and if he's right, boy will this change the game.

On Friday the version of the card we get will be a small boost to their regular card. So for example Vinicius Junior is 77 rated, he may be boosted to 81 like an IF variant.

The difference is, there will now be certain objectives, which once you attain them, the card will be upgraded. So as an example, score 10 goals in Rivals with him and win 20 games this week. Complete both and he gets the boost to 82 rated and you're onto the next objectives. There will be a limit on each card though so it wont be unlimited.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did see it on Reddit, but then almost straight after I wrote that I saw RunTheFUTMarket put a video up about it.

Just popped on to open my rewards and it did not go well. Red picks ended up being Pedro and Rodriguez, which were comfortably the best 2 picks in each set. Considering we now know these are useless if they're not usable, this is disappointing.
    I got a tradeable Keane IF in my packs and took tradeable Rivals but got nothing.

Bank balance is now back up to 100k or so, but upgrades on my team are limited. There's only really Neymar and TOTY Marcelo and an upgrade on Fabinho left to get in.
    A bit annoying as it could be weeks before an upgrade.

The only option to speed that up would be to invest in something hoping for SBCs to drop on Friday with this promo.

Danilo Periera is down to 900 coins and Mandzukic is down to 2.9k. Buying up a load of these could bring short term gain, with small risk too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That guy said in a subsequent comment that it looks like EA are just releasing them in packs upgraded now.

Fuck all from my player picks this week. Holding 2m of coins and my packs until these players come out. Vinicius would be the dream and would fit in nicely.

I don't hate it personally but I guess this is the point where Ultimate Team has finally fully crossed over to a trading card game rather than pretending to represent what's actually happening in football right now. TOTW seems like it's barely relevant at the moment.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The promo related to this hot prospects is brillaint. It gives them the freedom to pick any players they want. Sancho shouldnt get in as he is already established. POTM awards and IF's cards. He should not be included.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by five time View Post
    I don't hate it personally but I guess this is the point where Ultimate Team has finally fully crossed over to a trading card game rather than pretending to represent what's actually happening in football right now. TOTW seems like it's barely relevant at the moment.
    I think this is exactly how it should be. It allows them to make content like this and that can only be a good thing. It's night and day difference between this and something like FIFA 16 UT.
    Besides a few odd decisions(not doing anything for almost a week after Christmas) their content this year has covered all bases. This one could well be another great promo.

UT has always been cyclical though. I've been taught this by the last 2/3 years playing and especially paying attention to this year.

October through to January is all about setting the club up for TOTY. TOTY will have the best players this version of the game will have to offer, if any comparable ones come along they'll be in TOTS or be Icons.
    January is TOTY, by then the club and/or team should be at least well set. If you're someone like Yev who has saved and set their club you can then take advantage and pick up 1 big TOTY player or several of the other members or that team.
    From January through to May there are other smaller promos but this is the time to basically play with what you made. Once you get to May you get TOTS which is basically the last hurrah. You'll play on for a month or two after but then it's time to wait for the next instalment.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepe (86) and Djanniny (84), meh.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dybala from untradeables in my Rivals rewards though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got him during my mega pack opening. I maintain he's shit though so he went straight into an SBC.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm gonna do Weekend League this weekend.

How do I tell if I'm at home? I've not done this before, but absolutely sick of facing wankers online with huge shadows covering the pitch, so I will be this time round.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I think I'm gonna do Weekend League this weekend.

How do I tell if I'm at home? I've not done this before, but absolutely sick of facing wankers online with huge shadows covering the pitch, so I will be this time round.
    In weekend league, you always play at the same stadium. The genric FIFA stadium which has zero shadows.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got him during my mega pack opening. I maintain he's shit though so he went straight into an SBC.
    Dybala? Yeah, I've never got on with him.

I'm happy because he's great for an Icon/high rated SBC.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruffier in my picks, and some shite from the second pack that had no one over 81 inside.

Kept the others for tomorrow. Unfortunately I couldn’t find the will to do the same with the EPL SBC packs which yield led fuck all but then I put little in. A fair few 84s and 85s at least.

300k in the bank, still 1700 players and plenty of special cards and a couple of relatively disposable icnons etc for an Icon SBC in the club. Given Marcelo, Suarez, Courtoois and Varane are end game and that Cavani could be if PSG progress further, I’m feeling good about starting the post-TOTY middle third of the yearly cycle that @Gray Fox describes (totally agree with that segmentation by the way).

I’ll save and save and hope to pick up another TOTY later in the game once they deflate, like last years 1.1m Modric, and pick up cards when they’re a good deal, but after this promo I’m likely to start saving better packs for TOTS.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is exactly how it should be. It allows them to make content like this and that can only be a good thing. It's night and day difference between this and something like FIFA 16 UT.
    Besides a few odd decisions(not doing anything for almost a week after Christmas) their content this year has covered all bases. This one could well be another great promo.
    In case it wasn't clear I agree with this, if nothing else it's nice to have a variety of 'viable' players. This year I've seen a far bigger variety in players than the last time I played FUT.

I'd like to see some of the baby icons cheaper so they'd be usable, but like you say apart from a few issues (have they forgotten about scream cards etc.) content wise EA haven't done a bad job.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...ills_the_hype/

Will be released with full upgrades. Ugh. Earning it actually sounded fun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IQqQu6njEazmrS

This was pretty entertaining. Those tackles where the opposition win the ball back are so relatable.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baresi out, no icon needed.

Too small and too slow to be used but cheap enough for future icon SBCs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NAC Breda and Willem II are now over 50k each too.

The whole set is now closing in on 300k which is just mental.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you it would go up.

Depending on how many of the future stars are silver it may well go down a lot over the weekend when/if the market is flooded with silver players.

In other news, I've got into the groove with Mbappe 24 goals and 9 assists in 17 games.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just dawned on me that if I sell RTTF Kondogbia and Renato Sanches and all my 84's to 86's I could probably stretch to TOTY Marcelo.

Kondogbia would be a big miss though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone fancy a few games to help me get that swap deals player? I'll likely be on a little after 12.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fucking hate fire selling players.

Sanches gone, but Kondogbia not shifted. Grr.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you it would go up.

Depending on how many of the future stars are silver it may well go down a lot over the weekend when/if the market is flooded with silver players.

In other news, I've got into the groove with Mbappe 24 goals and 9 assists in 17 games.
    I tried to do it the other day but that Utrecht set is genuinely dead.

No wingers in a 4-2-3-1 wide (whoever picked that formation is a massive cunt), 2 of the 3 CB's extinct and the only RB extinct.

I should have done the rest of them but it's hard to care when one step is actually impossible right now.

I bought Walker for 55.5k yesterday so I can do WL at least.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone fancy a few games to help me get that swap deals player? I'll likely be on a little after 12.
    Yeah I'll be on for a few, I need the player too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the clean affordable Marcelo is gone.

I fucking knew that would happen.

EDIT: And 2 mins later Kondogbia sells.

I've gone BD now, but have a first and second squad I could use to the end, with 1 more upgrade to the first team.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 17-01-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just seen the news of the Future Stars promo and that's really disappointing. The guy in the Reddit post Danny shared has come out after this and said they don't have the time and money and can't help what peoples imaginations have come up with.

1. Bollocks, Ultimate Team itself makes £650m per cycle and that's just UT, never mind the game itself. You're telling me you can't hire say a 10 person team out of that?

2. If you don't want us coming up with theories and speculating, instead of just dropping a title of the promo and leaving it til the end of the week, tell us. Give us the info ahead of time. Instead they're tried to create hype and now most are disappointed with this. We're just getting another 11-23 cards heavily boosted, that few will pack and will be 500k+

Instead we'll get an objective to win a squad battles game on Ultimate by 7 goals so we can loan one for 3 games.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would expect as well they also won't be very good, or at least not good enough to warrant a place in most of our teams.

Talking of which, Marcelo TOTY in:

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the back of those friendly games with GF, RTTF Gerard Moreno has gone straight on the chopping block. Just offered nothing so far in 20 games for me. Any suggestions as to who should replace him up top from La Liga?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breda and Willem have skyrocketed because they're also in MM, why EA? Why?

Just completed it though and I got Matic and Umtiti from the 'lesser' packs with Kroos from my completion pack.

Not too shabby.

I spent 4.3k for the Breda player and just those 3 will bring me back about 150k pre-tax.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    On the back of those friendly games with GF, RTTF Gerard Moreno has gone straight on the chopping block. Just offered nothing so far in 20 games for me. Any suggestions as to who should replace him up top from La Liga?
    It depends on the budget really. But 84 Ben Yedder and Inaki Williams are both around 100k, Griezmann a little more for 135k and then Suarez a little more again.

You have that annoying habit of just escaping with the ball when I think I've got it off you too, so maybe someone daintier of foot, like Ben Yedder or Griezmann would be better for you.

Very enjoyable games. Especially loved the volleys

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got one of the extinct CB's \0/.

10 fucking k.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the Lacazette SBC back in '17. Toulouse was a nightmare to complete.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA are just utter wankers.

It's all because they picked a wide formation for a team with no wingers.

You have to use off-chem guys for those 2 slots and you're left with either needing 2 of the 3 CB's or the only RB otherwise you wont have enough chem. Well I guess you could loyalty glitch it but I'm far too lazy for that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the budget really. But 84 Ben Yedder and Inaki Williams are both around 100k, Griezmann a little more for 135k and then Suarez a little more again.

You have that annoying habit of just escaping with the ball when I think I've got it off you too, so maybe someone daintier of foot, like Ben Yedder or Griezmann would be better for you.

Very enjoyable games. Especially loved the volleys
    I think I have a loan Griezmann somewhere in the club, so I might give him a try at the start of the Weekend League and see how we go. Ended up getting the 92 Bale on loan for 20 games too, so I can finally bin off Lucas too.

A number of things stood out to me across those 3 games:

• I really need to learn how to utilise both the dragback and timed finishing. The dragback in particular was throwing me for a loop in the box when I was getting desperate and trying to make the tackle.
    • I should also probably invest in upgrading my centre backs, especially in the La Liga team. Lack of agility and strength was really playing a part, especially when trying to tackle Ibra and Raul.
    • I need to calm down when I go behind. I just get increasingly rash and push players forward, and whilst it doesn't always come back to bite me in Rivals/WL, GF easily took advantage in all of the games we played.

Fun games though and it was good to play someone of a better standard - plus, that Ibra volley in particular was awesome.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an addition to the above list, I really need to stop automatically bringing the keeper off his line when an attacker is breaking through. Awful awful habit and I'm conceding probably a goal a game all the time through this stupidity.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, some of these Premier League and Dutch League silvers are going for a fortune.

I don't need any of the players on offer so think I'll cash in now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've mentioned it before but the ability to maintain calm/composure and keep playing your game is going to win you as many games as anything. Take our 3rd game. I was 2-0 down early to a rebound and one my keeper should have been saving. I settled the game down and moved to try and keep the ball a bit.

As for my team a couple of weaknesses showed up. The main one was Fabinho feeling quite sluggish and him taking an age to get back sometimes meant I had to drag a CB out to get at you.

Sane is doing okay. He's not nearly as OP as back when I had him at the very start of the game, but he just about gets by. Though his ability to miss green timed finishes inside the box, combined with him scoring that volley which looped perfectly over your keeper is a little frustrating. Luckily he is appreciating in value and so to sell him I'd have 150k again.

I didn't record that volley, but I did get a clip of the Zlatan one. He's really fun to use: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wol...video/67554593

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What button(s) did you use to flip the ball over to Zlatan there Fox?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    NAC Breda and Willem II are now over 50k each too.

The whole set is now closing in on 300k which is just mental.
    Grand. That’s how MM should be.

The prepped do it free and the unprepped further furnish them by paying big bucks for shit silvers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sold three Wolves silvers for 10k each.

Could have waited for the price ranges to increase, but pretty sure the market will be flooded with silvers later.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This new team is sooo good. Can't wait to have a crack at Weekend League with it tomorrow.

30 in 21 for Mbappe now. What someone who is actually good at this game could do with him I dread to think.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 18-01-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What button(s) did you use to flip the ball over to Zlatan there Fox?
    LB + Y

Was aiming for Mahrez but Raul looking away from the target made it loop up like that.
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 18-01-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upamecano looks mad

Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 18-01-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grimaldo? He's in his fucking mid twenties.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew this would upset you.