User Tag List

Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make it a community team - autodraft the roster then everyone except the team they’re playing votes on who to start that week.

I can see no possible way that would turn into a clusterfuck.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giggles would rather kick a pregnant dog.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did get the feeling Giggles had declined before, but I couldn't see the post. If he has, then fair enough.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone just took Jesse James in R7 of a mock I’m doing

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did Dixon go?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't.
    Last edited by Dan; 23-07-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee Dixon has more chance of being drafted.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for me thanks. Can never keep it going beyond a couple of weeks.

If there's a weekly predictions thing then give me a shout though.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m really not a fan of having keepers.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post

If I were to cut Ivory on Tuesday I'd probably be looking at adding Booker or Carson, both of which are currently being tipped as starters, unless they are waiver claimed by the Freeman/Penny owners.
    Any thoughts on whether I should do this, or stick with Ivory? No claims went through today so Free Agency is open.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think no action will be taken this season, but carry over to next. I'd pick up Booker if it were me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started to agree with that, so I cut him, but I grabbed Carson. I think he looked better than Booker when he had his chances last year. I'm not convinced though. I would like to add both, but don't have anyone else to drop.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been doing some more drafting in anticipation of my work draft next week. As there's no keepers or PPR I'll share for discussions sake. I pick at #9 and I know a fair bit about some of the other picks that will be made.

1. Gurley(He has announced this pretty much as no one can stop him anyway)
    2. Zeke(has also stated he prefers Zeke due to Bell potentially holding out)
    3. Bell
    4. ???(this guy is new and I've no idea how much he knows. I'll pencil David Johnson if he does homework)
    5. Barkley/Beckham(Giants fan who wants a Giants star. He'll take either one that's here)
    6. Brown
    7. Hopkins(She picked Ajayi R1 last year, but I'll say she's learned her lesson here)
    8. ???(new guy again. I have Kamara pencilled in here as I know he is at least slightly knowledgeable)
    9. Me
    10. Big Fournette Fan

Best case scenario here, I'm looking at Hopkins falling to me through stupidity. But on average I'm looking at something along the lines of Hunt/Gordon/Fournette as an RB1, with Julio being there as a R1 candidate.

I do know though that should I not take Fournette here he will go the next pick. This is a 3 WR starting league, but even so I have 2 options. I can go:

RB-RB. If I did this, I would come out with a very strong starting RB corps, but my WR1 if the draft goes normally would be looking like Thielen or Hilton. Not horrific as such. But the WR corps suffers slightly.

WR-RB. I'm assuming here that should I choose a WR, the guy at #10 takes Fournette. I also think he'll split and take a WR straight after. Therefore I could still get my choice of RB back again. I could swap and go RB first, but then he'd likely get a better WR out of it.

I think WR-WR would leave me too weak at RB in R3.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you've got to take at least one RB in the first two rounds, and picking at the back end of a 10 team draft seems pretty good this year as there always seems to be an elite WR/RB at the end of R1 for you to grab, and a very good RB/WR that will make it back to you in the second, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just take the best guy who falls to you & go from there.

I would say, though, that I'm definitely in agreement that you need at least one RB in the first couple of picks since they're all vanishing at an absurd rate this year. I've seen a decent number of people saying the top ten picks should be Brown & 9 RBs, with Brown slotting in around 7 or 8 after the big four, Kamara & Saquon/other favourite

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grab Fournette and then trade him for the 2 guys that number 10 took (assuming they're not Danny Amendola and Charles Clay).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Barkley stupidly high for a rookie?

Are we anticipating another Kareem Hunt style season for him?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I would say, though, that I'm definitely in agreement that you need at least one RB in the first couple of picks since they're all vanishing at an absurd rate this year. I've seen a decent number of people saying the top ten picks should be Brown & 9 RBs, with Brown slotting in around 7 or 8 after the big four, Kamara & Saquon/other favourite
    This is the main thing on my mind. The amount of reliable RB options seems to have declined slightly. Add that to the monstrosity of what Gurley did in Fantasy Play-offs last season contributes to people going RB mad. 2 years ago almost all drafts started with Brown at #1, so people split between RB and WR quite well. Now it's as you say. 9 to 1 or maybe 8 to 2 if Hopkins/Julio sneaks in there.

It's making me consider the double RB a whole lot more than I usually would.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Isn't Barkley stupidly high for a rookie?

Are we anticipating another Kareem Hunt style season for him?
    He's a generational talent, combined with NY having 0 run game for years now, he has the talent and opportunity. Whether he has the o-line is another story, but he is good enough to make it work either way.

The Giants will absolutely love to hand him the rock 20-25 times a game. He gets a chance to shine and players like Beckham jr. and Engram become a bit more open. The whole offence should improve drastically.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem with stacking up on RBs early is there are so many viable ones this year. A lot of the mocks I've done I've found myself taking my RB5 before my WR3 or whatever because they are considerably better options than whatever WR is left. I wouldn't be inclined to go RB/RB in your draft position, unless 2 absolute studs fell. Even then, there will be plenty of WR studs left and I doubt I'd pass on one.

Ultimately think you have to plan to go RB/WR or WR/RB. If you think the guy at 10 is sold on Fournette and Fournette isn't the best RB left when it comes to you, take a WR, let him take Fournette, and get your RB on the way back.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think WR is loaded in the later rounds this year. Fuckloads of QBs too, so even I might actually end up with an alright one this year!

Not sure I’m convinced Saquon is going to live up to the hype. He’s amazing, but everyone’s assuming he’s going to run for 85000 yards behind a shit O-Line on a pass first team when he’s known for being an average between the tackles runner who can dance about & lose five yards a handful of times a game. He’s not getting 100 targets either in that offence, so the fact people are drafting him at #5 overall is insane to me.
    Last edited by Dan; 25-07-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think WR is loaded in the later rounds this year. Fuckloads of QBs too, so even I might actually end up with an alright one this year!
    This was what was leaning me towards RB-RB. A hell of a lot of depth for your WR 2/3 this time around.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to FP, the top 100 players contains 41 WRs and 39 RBs in standard scoring. When you factor in the fact that most leagues require you to start more WRs than RBs it is a complete myth that the position is deeper than RB this year.

In PPR is improves to 44 WRs and 36 RBs, but even that makes RBs plentiful if you only need to start 2.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's only the top 100 though - there are probably another 20 further down who have potential to be a WR2/3, whereas with RBs once you get outside the main group it's just second guys in committees & guys who need an injury to have any value. And Isaiah Crowell.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is drafting starters after round 10.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did Alvin Kamara & Adam Thielen get drafted last year?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They weren’t drafted as starters, let’s not pretend they were.

Point is if you’re going into round 11-12 looking for your WR2 you’re doing it wrong.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They weren’t drafted as starters, let’s not pretend they were.

Point is if you’re going into round 11-12 looking for your WR2 you’re doing it wrong.
    Sure but you’d have two good defences and kickers.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but they finished as starters. Anyway, the point is there are far more WRs available outside the top 100 who could turn out to be WR3s with WR2 upside than there are RBs who could do the same.

I’d rather stack up on the valuable RBs & take 3-4 shots at finding a good receiver late than take mostly WRs & have to scramble for the three decent backup running backs that are left over.

In the end though, nobody knows & we’ll probably end up dumping half the late rounders for waiver wire guys by week 4 anyway so it’s probably not worth thinking about too hard

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no ideas for a tenth player? I’d be happy to give Bruh another shot, so long as he promises not to tantrum off again.

Also if everyone could [honestly] declare their keepers now that’s be great ta. Thielen (11) & McKinnon (18) for me.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pretty much figure out most of the keepers just by looking at the rosters, but there’s no way anyone’s locking in until the last possible minute given the chance for injury in preseason.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair I would allow people to change up until the deadline so it doesn’t hurt to lock them in, but either way is fine. Mine basically picked themselves.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d imagine you can work out mine, but I’m not completely locked in on either so it’ll depend on how things play out during preseason as to whether someone else sneaks in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pencil in Zeke and Stafford for me.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pretty much figure out most of the keepers just by looking at the rosters, but there’s no way anyone’s locking in until the last possible minute given the chance for injury in preseason.
    Youre mistaking me for someone who knows about NFL.

The request was only made in jest, really. Hope I can attend the draft, it’s always fun.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plugged in the first few keepers. As I say, changes can be made up until the deadline.

The 10th team is still an issue. Having a community team could actually happen at this rate.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems there are 3 options

1. Trust Bruh
    2. Community team
    3. Advertise on Reddit.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whose team was it?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mert.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we have a community team I hope that Pleb gets the deciding vote in any ties.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ties will probably be decided by Yahoo rankings or something. I would have gone with Pleb before he showed himself to be a fantasy genius on a level far above the rest of us. Wentz for Newton, for fuck sake.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah community team sucks cos they’ll just take whoever’s top of the pile (like when Bruh didn’t attend the draft) killing all hopes of “hopefully X is still available when it comes back round to me” and end up with an ace team.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's going to be a problem unless all 10 of us turn up though, which is unlikely.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we stop talking as though my joke suggestion is the best possible option?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's going to be a problem unless all 10 of us turn up though, which is unlikely.
    Yeah but those absent will hopefully re-jig their selections beforehand.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true. The main problem with Autodraft teams is they select Kickers and DSTs way too early.

They really should have sorted it so you can tell the autodraft what order to take positions in as well as players by this stage.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy Pros removing the option to edit picks in a Mock is really fucking annoying. It stops me from simulating what I think will happen in my leagues.

In my main league I have pick 5 (out of 8) but I had Gurley locked in as my 3rd round keeper. I'm almost certain Zeke (round 3) and Johnson (Round 1, pick 8) will also be keepers so that's 3 of the elite RBs gone. I can only assume Bell goes pick 1. I think from there my nightmare scenario would be the other 3 taking Brown, Beckham and Hopkins. If any of those 3 fall I'll take them, but if they all go... it'll be a coin flip between Aaron Rodgers and Alvin Kamara (it's a 2QB, so Rodgers always goes in round 1).

That said, one of the 4 drafting before me has gone QB/QB in each of the last 2 seasons, so him taking Rodgers seems almost nailed on.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy Pros removing the option to edit picks in a Mock is really fucking annoying. It stops me from simulating what I think will happen in my leagues.
    I just came on here to complain about this. They've slowly moved features behind the paywall all off-season.

You can use SleeperBot. You can mock on that, invite friends into the mock lobby and you can edit the picks too. All for free.

Here's an example:

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers to the boys who have put their keepers in.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you lot want Mert back? If so, maybe @Spoonsky could do us a favour and message him on Facebook.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mert would be fine, it’s his team.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I'm taking this far too seriously.
    I'm a twit