0 Thread(s)

Losing on away goals due to a 93rd minute goal

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palermo 2036/37 Season Update:

League:

We were pretty shit in the first half of the league and were down in 13th with Juventus 8 points ahead of us but we easily won it in the end. I think the problem is that there are a few good teams but no one really stands out. As such no one really breaks away from the pack which leaves us free to come back into it and we always seem to turn it on after January.

Cups:

We were also beaten by Inter in the Supercoppa who were our bogey side this year.

Europe:

We came second in the group behind Valencia (I also lost that last game as I used kids as I knew we were finishing second) and then as above, Lyon fucked us in the last few seconds.

Transfers:

I tried to move on Timmermans for £100+ but I was only getting offers well below his value (he was valued at around £40m and I was only getting offers around £25m) but I did move on a few shitheads who had no chance of breaking into the team/were clearly busts.

Here's who I bought:

We only had 2 CB's and one of those was more of a RB so I went for a few this year. First up for £6.25m and largely backup was Harrison. He's the highest potential according to the scouts and I like him a lot.

£3.3m. I'm not sure what to make of him as he's pretty raw but scouts are high on him and there was a lot of interest from other clubs. For some reason my assistant is training his slowass to be a LB.

£9.5m and our record signing. He's also the oldest player I've signed here but also the most polished. The giant has been great for us.

A steal at £1.3m. I have way too many LM's in the squad but I couldn't say no at that price.

£3.5m and he's on quite high wages (especially after he's played 20 games) but there were so many teams coming in for him. His finishing and composure are absolute shit but I think he's going to be a star.

Squad:

I'll be staying at least another season (probably until I win the Champions League) and I think right now the main area we need help in is CM. Talotta hasn't pushed on at all and Wouter Jans goes missing in a lot of games.

Petar Durak was also our main RM for the last few seasons but he turned to shit this year and Kevin Jahn became a star. I'll be trying to sell a few including Georgievski and Timmermans this year and I want a marquee signing.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parma 2064/65

Serie A

4th Place, which equalled last season's finish. Quite happy with that as we brought in about 15 new players for the first team squad. Before Christmas we were firmly in 8th position, but the form improved and we deservedly got the final Champions League place.

Italian Cup

Fuck knows. Didn't win it.

Champions League

We managed to qualify from the group, but rode our luck and probably didn't deserve to qualify, let alone top the group.

Barca handed our arse to us, even with 10 men. Which was a shame as we played quite well in the first leg.

End of season squad stats.

And, a close up on my young superstar striker whom i bought last summer. Not a bad return for his first season, but is it me or is his Shots on target percentage utter crap?

This summer shall see even more of the old guard leave to make way for my own purchases. Shall try to do an update at the end of pre-season to show any new arrivals.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that stat selection I would perhaps look at training the trait to dribble round the keeper to address his accuracy.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compare Bernardo to another striker in the game who you know to be good? Assuming the game will show that data for another team.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be down to his woeful technique.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared Bernardo's Shots on Target percentage with the top 3 Serie A goal scorers. Turns out none of them can hit a barn door. All of them in the 40-50% bracket, the bunch of slugs.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed an actual giant.

Toggle Spoiler
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He must be built like Peter Crouch at that weight!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    He must be built like Peter Crouch at that weight!
    Well Crouch is my U20s coach.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Signed an actual giant.

Toggle Spoiler
    My 6'8 Kenyan says hi.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might do a themed save where I can only use giants.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I might do a themed save where I can only use giants.
    You mean youth save with Barca, PSG, Juve etc?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like pick an average team and only sign players 6'5" or over.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love a good carthorse. Lumbering donkeys all over the park. You'd have to play three at the back probably as you don't get full backs that tall, except in Jose Mourinho's sex dreams.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan Burn (is it?) For Brighton is 6'7" at full back I think.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should hire coaches that are midgets.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this happened:

My RM scores and then gets sent off. I then take off one of my strikers for my backup RM and he goes fucking mental.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preseason Transfers - 2065/66

I had another busy summer buying 15 new players and shipping out 8 first team squad players. I've either created a potential league winning team, or I've destroyed what was a steadily improving group of players. And i should add we're not -£10m in the red.

The finances have taken a bit of a hit which is unlike me, so will need a decent Champions League run to re-coup some money. But then i found out we were unseeded in the draw and we've drawn Manchester City in the final qualifying stage before the groups are drawn. Ffs.

Transfers In

Transfers Out

A quick note on the transfers out. My superstar centre back who i stole from Ayr Untd (via Portsmouth) has bloody left me again. Lens activated his minimum release clause and he rejected my contract renewal. He was potential captain material and i will get him back at some point. The arsehole.

Below are the incoming players...quite a few of them.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palermo 20337/38 Season:

League:

Pissed it. No one else was ever really in the fight. Juventus were shit for 2/3 of the season and Inter just seem to struggle beating some of the shit.

Cups:

We also lost the Supercoppa to Inter who just seem to have our number in these cup fixtures.

Europe:

Fuck Real Madrid. We should have won the first leg but they got lucky and we were never really in it during the second leg.

Transfers Out:

I wanted to also sell a couple of others but didn't get good enough offers for them. Selling my third choice LM (Hartel) and my fifth choice striker (Zair) for a combined total of £77.5m was quite nice. We also made a good few million in loan fees too.

Transfers In;

£9m and he's become my main RM. He's absolutely brilliant.

£54m. I wanted a big time CM to really elevate my squad and Virgil was it. I wanted another guy at first but his team wanted £78m and he wanted close to 200k in wages. They actually took his price down to £50m in November as he was unhappy but I sadly didn't have the money at the time and when January came around it was £100m+.

£3.9m. I actually had a deal agreed last year for him but he finally moved over this year. I got to play him a lot near the end of the season and he did well.

£2.1m. I couldn't register him to play as I had already bought a foreigner this year. Doubt he'll get into the team but should be able to make money.

£52m. I wanted to sell my only LB (although I was using a CB there instead) and I knew we could improve the position so took the plunge on Lima. He's one of, if not the best LB's in my save right now and he has been brilliant for us.

Squad:

Most of the loanees are no longer good enough for the team so I might try to move some of those on permanently but I don't really need any money. We have £100m in the bank and the board is quite stingy with it.

I'll be staying here until I win the Champions League and then move on to a recently promoted Premiership team as that should be a hard challenge.

I also haven't had an international job in a few seasons now as I keep forgetting to check and I still have a lot to win on that side.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't even know why i was worried.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably gonna end up destroying my Corinthians team from within.

Basically my two strikers (Andre Andersson and Lazaro) both scored 38(!) goals each last season. But I've had one wonderkid striker (Matias Arezo, real player - anyone had him?) due to come in for ages and he's turned up and I don't wanna not give him games. Also my scouts found some 76k striker that they couldn't stop jizzing over, who had a 7m release clause. I bid it with the intention of cancelling it but in the contract negotations he demanded to be a star player, at 16 years of age. That kind of swagger is Ronaldo-level goatness, so of course I'm signing him.

So I loan listed my two good strikers. Basel have come in for Lazaro offering him to be star player - okay! And then a whole bunch of teams came in for Anderson. I declined most but accepted Man Utd (squad player) and Milan (regular starter!) so it's upto him. Hopefully they come back worth 50m each and I'll worry about which strikers I wanna keep next season when I get there.

Meanwhile I'm gonna try and win the league again with two competely untested entities.

Oh and I've sold my playmaking centre mid who scored loads of freekicks and got loads of assists, but I've sort of replaced him with an 18 year old with 17 for free kick taking.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    275 goals in 468 games at club level for Arezo in my save. V tidy.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuckin' A! Only cost me £1.1m. Worth sodding off the others then. (Could you check Lazaro and Andre Anderson too? )

Also:

Get in!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oldham update:

Got this kid in the January window 18 months ago for his £6m release clause:

Since then we have been nearly men, finishing 2nd in the latest season, though this happened:

Netting me an all time high £80m budget to spend in the summer. On a club level all I really want to win now is the league. Internationally I want to bag a few trophies but I am running out of time as FM Touch limits saves to 30 seasons so into the final stretch now.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football Manager 2020 is free on Epic right now.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parma - Season 2065/66

A very good season.

Serie A

We were always in the hunt hovering around 3rd or 2nd, but after Christmas we got our noses in front and never looked back. Won the league with 2 games to spare. First time Parma have won the Serie A in their long history.

Special mention for my final league game against 2nd place Inter Milan. Every shot I had went in!

Italian Cup

Final against 2nd place Inter Milan.

Fairly even match but it meant Parma's first domestic double in their history.

Champions League

Group stages went down to the final game against Valeranga, but we beat them easily at home. Special mention for my old club Cork City.

Barca were always in the control. Lost it in the first leg.

End of season first team squad.

Key players:

My star striker. Broke the Serie A record for most goals in a season.

My big signing last summer and easily our best player of the season. Missed the last month of the season due to injury.

He may be young, but he was a consistent starter in the centre of my defence. At 18 yrs old, he should become a star player providing he's not poached.

Next Season: Probably going to stay at Parma and push for success in the Champions League. Bit of an issue with our stadium only having 27,000 capacity, so the income isn't great in this regard.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Fuckin' A! Only cost me £1.1m. Worth sodding off the others then. (Could you check Lazaro and Andre Anderson too? )

Also:

Get in!
    Is the Brazilian league hard to get your head around? Or similar to a European league?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barely touched it since I won the Champions League and lost motivation for making a create a club giant save half way through, not sure I'll get another meaty save in before FM21 now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the updates have all but dried up from the majority of people on here. Seems like it's just Mahow, Baz and myself still going.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started a save with Sunderland using the Winter update on FM20. I need a left footed right winger (who can play as inverted winger) and a solid right back. Wages have to be less than 10k per week. The inverted winger will be first choice whilst the right back will be just a back up.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isaac Lihadji of Marseille. I've signed him on three separate occasions in my current save. Tremendous talent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Isaac Lihadji of Marseille. I've signed him on three separate occasions in my current save. Tremendous talent.
    I signed him and got Perry Ng from Crewe in the right back position. Also signed Angel Gomes, Aaron Connolly, Troy Parrott and Niclas Eliasson on loan. I'm trying my best to sell Charlie Wyke and Grant Leadbitter but with no success yet. Will Grigg and Tom Flanagan have been sold already. I'm hoping to end Semenyo's loan and bring in another youngster to play as inverted winger from the left and end McGeady's loan to sell him outright.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Yeah, the updates have all but dried up from the majority of people on here. Seems like it's just Mahow, Baz and myself still going.
    I’ll be back with my Southport boys. Was much easier to play when work was closed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a little break and decided to come back today.

Had a little problem with the game not loading past the staring screen but a good tinker seems to have done the trick.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24th November for FM21.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out on Xbox too

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Out on Xbox too
    How? It'd be unplayable with a controller.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How? It'd be unplayable with a controller.
    Surely it would be some sort of Touch-like version.

Manager sims have worked on consoles before, they just can't be as detailed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Surely it would be some sort of Touch-like version.

Manager sims have worked on consoles before, they just can't be as detailed.
    Yeah I had one for the original Xbox, 01/02? But it was a nightmare without a keyboard.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’ll be back with my Southport boys. Was much easier to play when work was closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I took a little break and decided to come back today.

Had a little problem with the game not loading past the staring screen but a good tinker seems to have done the trick.
    Glad to hear it. By the way covid is going even Smiffy might get back on it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I should give up on the youth system.

Drawn Bayern in the first knockout stage of the CL. Currently second in the League too. Things are going well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

At this point I should give up on the youth system.
    Surely it's just a case of investing more in your youth facilities.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a couple of decent youths come through and 1 great one which was just before I came to the team.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to get FM21 to see if there's a CoVid option to fuck with the game and virtual fans etc.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’ll be the only feature update.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    I'm tempted to get FM21 to see if there's a CoVid option to fuck with the game and virtual fans etc.
    There isn't.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if Miles thinks Covid's real.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they going to run it in as if the season started normally in August and none of this happened?