User Tag List

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1315

Thread: Football Manager 2020

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using a downloaded tactic, Mahow? How are you steamrolling every job so easily?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am although I've tweaked it slightly.

Club wise I'm steam-rolling it (although the first few months in Palermo were dodgy) but internationally I'm struggling. Fucked up the World Cup twice now and been sacked by England because of it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are Frank and Brinkmeier's stats like?

Managing Mexico appears to have been a mistake, the database is so shallow there are only 4 mexican goalkeepers in the whole game also despite me winning the last five matches I get a 'the squad reacted negatively to the last result' message every time

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just lost a game because a defender decided to pump the ball into our net in the 86th minute under no pressure...

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I play text only.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    What are Frank and Brinkmeier's stats like?

And just for good measure, the third choice centre back

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elite centre back
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Franke is the worst of the three.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    That's why I play text only.
    a defender decided to pump the ball into his own net in the 86th minute under no pressure!

GOAL!!!!!

*epileptic seizure*

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah surprised by Franke's media description but still decent.

Had my two best creative midfielders poached in the last two seasons, just as I was on the cusp of breaking into the european places

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol made me think of you fellas

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That definitely was me when I took the Toronto job.

Nothing was going in when I tried reading through it at 1am.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFCON 2035:

I thought we were going to lose against Cameroon. We scored 2 early on but they got one back just before the first half ended and whilst they didn't have many chances we kept missing a shit load.

Final:

We beat them 5-0 in the West African Cup and it could have been the same here. Ivory Coast have one of the best players in the game:

But for some reason they left him on the bench in the first half. They didn't really offer up any sort of resistance and the game was won easily.

THE LIST!

Club competitions:

FIFA Club World Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Conference League
    UEFA Super Cup
    African Champions League
    Copa Libertadores
    O-League (Oceanic Champions League)
    Asian Champions League
    North American Champions League

International competitions:

FIFA World Cup
    Olympics
    UEFA European Championship
    Nations Leaue
    African Cup of Nations
    Copa America
    Oceanic Nations Cup
    Asian Nations Cup
    North American Gold Cup

Time to move on, hopefully to a North American team as the Gold Cup is in around 4 months time.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one, 'how.

Do you have a calendar of competitions to plot your moves around? Or just look for the next opportunity?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palermo 2035 Season Update:

League:

I didn't expect it to be that easy (especially when you see my squad) but it was pretty damn easy in the end.

Cup:

Was hoping we'd go further but we failed due to a defender slamming in an own goal.

Transfers In:

£625k and my marquee signing. We needed a big time centre back and we got it in Matysiak who has been incredible for us.

Wasn't happy with my other keeper (and I only had one) as he let in a lot of stupid goals last year and Birmes was affordable at £105k and he was a better option. He wasn't brilliant though so I've already lined up someone better for next season.

Squad:

I realised I had loaned out 21 (with no option to re-call them) players a little late so the squad was a little thin this year. I used the dregs in my youth teams to fill out the bench and luckily I wasn't too hampered by injuries. My strikers were a lot more ineffectual than I thought they would be but we never really struggled for goals thankfully.

On to Serie A and I'm hoping for a challenge. Juventus, Inter and AC Milan are easily the three best sides right now with another group of 5 or so teams in the next pack down.

I haven't found an international job yet and the Gold Cup starts next month (@Raoul Duke I spotted that the Gold Cup was a few months after the AFCON as I was going to take the Mexico job).

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I am although I've tweaked it slightly.
    what shape is it?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a standard 4-4-2.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna need some more deets, please.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's called "Beowulf 20.4.1" in the Steam Workshop.

I set it to "Stay on Feet" and I believe I upped the tempo and passing directness a touch. Can't remember any other tweaks I made as it was a while ago now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You going to redo your challenge with your own tactic too?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    You going to redo your challenge with your own tactic too?
    Might try it next year. It's been years since I did a tactic from scratch though.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the only way imo.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems pretty easy in FM20 too, to play exactly how you want them to.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's too much other shit to do in it these days.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    There's too much other shit to do in it these days.
    I thought that and felt a bit overwhelmed at first but it’s easy to get your head around and get staff to do the really boring stuff, if you can’t be arsed.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2036 was an annus mirabilis for me as I finally won the FA Cup with Oldham, getting me into Europe. On top of that I won the Gold Cup and Nations League with Mexico, and got the 23s through Olympic qualifying (Easier said than done as due to database constraints I had a total squad of 16 players). Big summer ahead, really need to try and find a striker who is going to get 20 goals a season, that would cement a move up into European ever presents I think.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've resigned from Ayr Utd. The board wouldn't invest in any of the facilities nor players. This despite having nearly £20mill in the bank. They've previously survived around the £1mill level. So, screw them.

My new club is Parma. They are currently 10th with a media prediction of 7th. But there is about 5 points between 3rd and 10th, so should be interesting. I did apply for higher ranked jobs, but it appears 7 years in the Highlands doesn't bode well for your CV.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive badge.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bournemouth almost outspending the entire La Liga is a bit of a strange one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure the board would fancy investing in new facilities if you were expecting them to build them in the highlands for Ayr United.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annoying though having to leave for Parma. Was enjoying reading about your Scottish football struggles.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure the board would fancy investing in new facilities if you were expecting them to build them in the highlands for Ayr United.
    I did not bother checking the exact coordinates of where Ayr Utd reside. As a southerner, it's all the highlands up there, to me.

Annoying though having to leave for Parma. Was enjoying reading about your Scottish football struggles.
    We are in the year 2064 and Parma have still not ever won Serie A. The highest they've achieved in the club's history was runners up in 1997 (presume that was the Ariel Ortega times ) They've had no fewer than 16 stints in Serie B since I've started this save. The target is to win Serie A with them.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Massive badge.
    F me! That badge is a bit on the big side, just logged on via my laptop.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 2063/64 - Ayr Utd / Parma

As per above, I finally lost patience with the Ary Utd board with them not investing in the club or new players. I was sitting third about 5 points behind the mighty Hearts and Rangers. My star striker's contract was expiring and he wanted a massive 33k a week (up from the 7k he was currently getting). The board refused to pay that level so he was heading out of the club at the end of the season, so i thought the wee jock bastards can get stuffed.

Applied for a lot of top tier clubs (Athletico, Arsenal...and some other i've forgotten) and none of them gave me the time of day. Ageist bastards, just because i'm 81 years old in the game. Luckily, Parma were having a stinker of a season. They got knocked out of the Europe qualifiers by some Israeli goat herders called, Sport Club Irony Ashdod. Great name. So on 8th November 2063, I was appointed as new manager of Parma.

We only had the league to contend with and the season turned out alright for us.

The media predicted position was 7th, so i was aiming for a Europa slot, but not having any other matches other than the league meant we could rest all our players and we managed to sneak 4th place and a Champions League qualifying position. Definitely not the 4th best team in the league but we'll take it.

As with a new club, you want to put your stamp on it, so I've had a busy summer.

Trannies in:

Note the 2 players from Ayr Utd. Couldn't resist, wanted to asset strip the bastards, but the majority of their players are understandably too shit for Serie A. You might recognise Paolo Di Lauro was at Ayr with me, but he choose to go to the shithole that is Portsmouth instead of Parma during the winter transfer window. Luckily he had a minimum fee release clause, so i nabbed him during this summer.

The stand out signing (who has currently put the club into negative financial balance) is Marco Bernardo. I didn't just sign him because his name rhymes, he is 18 and and has the potential of 6 police officers...or 3 fireman. Due to lack of funds, I've paid £10mill upfront and £10mill over 24 months. I'm also having to sell two strikers to put us back in the black.

Here is Marco Bernardo.

Trannies Out:

This is how my first team squad is looking as we enter the pre-season friendlies. I'm aiming for another top 4 position this season. Just wondering whether to start Marco Bernardo from the off, or bleed him in from the bench.

For all you history buffs, here is where the Serie A title has gone over the years since i started this save. Worth noting i had a stint at Palermo in 2019 until 2022, and AC Milan in 2030 until 2032.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still in pre-season and have just used my quota of signing '1 non EU player per season' by signing this potential superstar from Lyon. All for £3.8m.

I have had to sell Luca Locatelli to balance the books though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

£48m (£32m of it is upfront) and 40% of the profit of the next sale, yay or nay? I'm leaning yay, largely because I have 2 CM's that are currently better than him, have a 3rd coming in the Summer (although I might take him now) and a 4th who is very promising.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get him gone.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done. I'm sometimes a bit too hesitant to sell someone.

Not bad for a £7k signing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2036/37 season I spent the summer trying to shore up cover for positions rather than get any stars, decided to let my wingers go who were out of contract anyway though one has managed to stay until his contract ends.

Anyway a strong start to the season in the league tailed off slightly, peaking at 2nd but ending up in the same old sprint for europe. As it ended up, I finished 5th, 1 point short of the top 4. Then I had an FA Cup final against Man City, trying to win back to back cup victories. 1-1 went to penalties, of course of all the players to bottle theirs it was my strike, they never missed any.

Thankfully I had another chance to finish with silverware thanks to the Europa League final against Spurs. Crushed them 4-1

Oldham are in the Champions League, 60m budget but a few players ageing out and leaving on a free, an interesting summer on the cards.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need an Anchor man, dunno which. Leaning towards Eze

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palermo 2035/36 Season Update:

League:

Struggled mightily at the start and I thought we might be in a relegation fight. I did not expect this to be the outcome. I'm a little disappointed we won it so easily but that's largely because everyone else was a bit shit. 80 is the second lowest points total to win the league in my save with 2033/34 seeing the winners only need 77.

Juventus, Milan and Lazio are usually a lot more competitive so hopefully next season it will be a lot harder otherwise I'm going to have to go to another European team and impose a transfer ban on us as I wont have a chance winning the Europa Conference League otherwise.

Cup:

Still shit here though.

Transfers In:

A freebie who has been our starter. Like our other keepers he's been beaten by a lot of shit goals though which is annoying, he seems to be the best though.

£7.25m and I think I probably overpaid. Didn't play much and I'm not a fan of his low physicals but he seems to have everything else and my scouts are very high on his potential.

I only had 3 CBs at the time and 2 of those were players who are better at other positions so I wanted someone who could be great. I only had a couple of million in transfer budget so I asked my board to sign him and they obliged for £7.25m. Would like him to be a bit quicker but I love him other than that.

I had secured a deal to sign him on a free at the end of the season but when I sold Kolodziej for big money I bought him for £400k. I'd like him to be a bit further along with his development and his potential isn't the highest but there was a lot of interest in him and I couldn't say no for the low price.

Another that I had secured a free transfer for but I bought him now for £650k. He's not my sort of striker but I had to sign a 6 foot 8 Kenyan who looks like a great finisher. Sadly he was a bit shit and he only managed to score goals (3 of them total) in the final 2 games.

Squad:

I'll probably send most of those who are on loan back out on loan (bar Hartel as I think he could help the side) as they wont be able to get the games required to further their development here. I might sell Georgievski too if I get a good enough offer as he just doesn't seem to be great in my team but his value is pretty high.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Need an Anchor man, dunno which. Leaning towards Eze
    Eze decision imo.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summer 2038, about to play the World Cup with Mexico after which I will resign from that job. Domestically I finished 4th, highest ever finish for Oldham. Third FA Cup final in a row, beaten by a dominant Chelsea side that also won the league and league cup.

My reward for ensuring Oldham stay in the Champions League? £738k to spend

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ffs

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First every game in Europe is a trip to sunny Spain.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A coastal paradise blessed with balmy weather all year round, and also Barcelona.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn and blast.

Worth a watch if you're really bored and have 10 mins spare.
    Last edited by Baz; 02-09-2020 at 09:10 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dire Maria shitting on your dreams.

I'd have burned my PC to the ground.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading through this and back on page 22. Enjoying reading all the updates, especially Mahow's project.