Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now it's officially over can I just say.

Thinking Baz was a seer

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah other roles that weren't discovered were:
    ScousePig - Seer
    Jimmy - Doctor
    Pepe - Hunter

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Boyd will probably proceed to kill us all.
    The amount of times GS (RIP) threatened that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim protecting himself

Good game all, have to say though feel game derailed pretty early with some posters chimping out massively then effectively resigning early doors, essentially writing off any early narrative that would have grown in a normal game.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good game Boyd, thanks for hosting.

The wolfpack.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually going to say earlier that it would be funny if Jimmy was the doctor just protecting himself, but I didn't know if that was possible (or if the game was definitively over anyway).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I may or may not have asked Boydy if I could step into Bruh's shoes after he went missing/banned

Although I had to retract that as both of the seers had reached out to me and told me all of their investigations.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Also, I may or may not have asked Boydy if I could step into Bruh's shoes after he went missing/banned

Although I had to retract that as both of the seers had reached out to me and told me all of their investigations.
    Your predictions were terrible too.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does a "doctor" protect themselves?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I was actually going to say earlier that it would be funny if Jimmy was the doctor just protecting himself, but I didn't know if that was possible (or if the game was definitively over anyway).
    I hadn't really considered it and when he asked me if he could, I thought yeah why not.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times did I nail a wolf?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    With their scalpel.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They get to choose someone each night that, if the wolves attack them, can't be killed. They just choose themelves.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, I was right about the other seer

From my perspective (which is not the only perspective, as niko pointed out previously, but worth recounting), the entire game turned when the wolves killed SvN. Prior to that, we were working together choosing someone to protect each night. The night he died we protected Taz (we weren't far off with that as he was done in soon after). When SvN died and it was only me left - and, crucially, I had the ability to protect myself - I thought the best strategy would just be to protect myself each night, come out with a load of balls-out horseshit in the thread which would not only bait the wolves to try and kill me but also force the seers to investigate me and then hopefully reveal themselves, the ultimate aim being the wolves taking the bait and therefore missing.

However, this needed a nice stroke of luck to work perfectly, which was the fact that we got Lofty at the same time (not sure if that was with or without seer help). I never really had a clue who the wolves were.

ScousePig revealed himself to me via code in the thread very early doors (presumably after investigating me) and so after the wolves missed me and I was in the clear, I just protected ScousePig until the bitter end, as there was no real need for me after that beyond keeping the seer alive. ScousePig played a very good game, gently steering us towards wolves without being too obvious. Or he might just have been lucky, I don't know.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 07-05-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Your predictions were terrible too.
    It was on the second day or whatever and I was still seriously pissed off at being ousted so early.

I was seriously rusty in this game (it's been too long) and I got trigged way too easily at the start when the tide was turning against me.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah right, so the wolves would know the first time they tried and it didn't work. Or do the wolves work as a team at all?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wolves can communicate with each other.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah right, so the wolves would know the first time they tried and it didn't work. Or do the wolves work as a team at all?
    They wouldn't know Jimmy was the doctor necessarily. Anyone could be the doctor and it would make sense that they would try and protect Jimmy that day as he was very vocal.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    They wouldn't know Jimmy was the doctor necessarily. Anyone could be the doctor and it would make sense that they would try and protect Jimmy that day as he was very vocal.
    Makes sense. Though most would probably save themselves.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thommo did say that the night they attacked Jimmy he wanted to take out Browning (seer) but Igor (lol) pushed hard for Jimmy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon if I had posted my Byron character assasination a bit closer to the deadline it would've worked, there was too much of a window for his rebuttal which swung a few votes I had initially won.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also wanted to point out that Baz tried to instigate double lynches any time other than when the ballot consisted of 2 wolves.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally thought the AD kill was our big mistake. Though if I'm honest, it seems like it would take a perfect game from the wolves for them to even have a shot at winning. We obviously made plenty of mistakes, but I think the AD one was enough for us not to win. How often do wolves actually take the v in these games?

Never once considered Scouse the seer. Very well played by him

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was confident browning was the other seer since like round 3 or 4 but it's hard to put your money where your mouth is

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lofty kill was the catalyst for me at least. I thought that the wolves would try and diversify their behaviour, but having a Brand Name Poster™ being fairly inactive and with posts of not much substance, led me to Vercetti/thommo/Igor who had similar styles. In fact, it was when you decided to go all crazy against Jimmy that I discarded you a bit as a possibility for that same reason.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    I personally thought the AD kill was our big mistake. Though if I'm honest, it seems like it would take a perfect game from the wolves for them to even have a shot at winning. We obviously made plenty of mistakes, but I think the AD one was enough for us not to win. How often do wolves actually take the v in these games?

I won as a wolf but I can’t remember other than that. It’s been too long.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we going to play again?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've won solo as a wolf before and I think they're generally 50/50 or so.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Are we going to play again?
    Hope so.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    I'm putting Baz's supposed lack of interest down to the fact his hunch didn't pay off. Anyone being a bit meh over the whole thing could easily be put down to our current (ie real world) circumstances.

Jimmy just needs to see a doctor.
    For the record, this was the post where ScousePig told me he was the seer. I wasn't 100% on it as it was well worked in on the back of my deliberately mad posting, but I went with protecting him and didn't have a clue who the other seer was anyway.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Adra was the seer as well, and I think mokbull called out Browning early in our chat, but Jimmy was coming out with so many outlandish claims, Igor wanted to take him out that night. So we went for it and he kept himself alive.

That, combined with Lofty going, was the beginning of the end.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy being medicine man and just protecting himself seemed so obvious in hindsight but I just didnt see it
    I loved your work, Jim. Kudos. I deffo take a lot of blame for pushing to kill you though.

I did briefly think I'd get at least a few nights as lone wolf based on sucking up you and killing my wolf mates. Ah well.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Jimmy thing was also a big unforced error. I was barely appearing in anyone's suggestions of who to lynch until then.

Actually we were absolutely killing it in the beginning. I think we went the first 3 lynching rounds without any of us even getting nominated

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    For the record, this was the post where ScousePig told me he was the seer. I wasn't 100% on it as it was well worked in on the back of my deliberately mad posting, but I went with protecting him and didn't have a clue who the other seer was anyway.
    That’s a brilliant post by Scouse. He played a blinder.

The wolves...not so much.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Jimmy being medicine man and just protecting himself seemed so obvious in hindsight but I just didnt see it
    I loved your work, Jim. Kudos. I deffo take a lot of blame for pushing to kill you though.

I did briefly think I'd get at least a few nights as lone wolf based on sucking up you and killing my wolf mates. Ah well.
    After you didn't go for me the second time I thought damn it, if they know what they're doing they're going to stay off me and get the village to do it. Luckily I lucked in with nominating and voting for Lofty at just the right moment (I had no real idea he was a wolf) and you took the bait in the end

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I've won solo as a wolf before and I think they're generally 50/50 or so.
    Solo for how many rounds? That seems like a more likely route to victory rather than having 3/3 and winning that way or something

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be up for playing if its not too soon for anyone else to go again.

Don’t think I’ve played one.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solo for how many rounds? That seems like a more likely route to victory rather than having 3/3 and winning that way or something
    I can't remember exactly but quite a few as most of the other wolfs were found before the halfway point and the village was licking their lips at an easy victory. Might have even been double figures or very close to it.

Luckily the seers were all gone and had not point any fingers at me and I didn't come under any suspicion until right near the end when someone (I think it was SvN) put me up for no real reason and I almost went.

I was killed really early on in each of the next few games though which was annoying.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i'm down for another one but if I'm a wolf again I think i'll die of anxiety

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also annual reminder to @SvN and crew that i would like my username changed back to mokbull please

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Fucking hell, I was right about the other seer

From my perspective (which is not the only perspective, as niko pointed out previously, but worth recounting), the entire game turned when the wolves killed SvN. Prior to that, we were working together choosing someone to protect each night. The night he died we protected Taz (we weren't far off with that as he was done in soon after). When SvN died and it was only me left - and, crucially, I had the ability to protect myself - I thought the best strategy would just be to protect myself each night, come out with a load of balls-out horseshit in the thread which would not only bait the wolves to try and kill me but also force the seers to investigate me and then hopefully reveal themselves, the ultimate aim being the wolves taking the bait and therefore missing.

However, this needed a nice stroke of luck to work perfectly, which was the fact that we got Lofty at the same time (not sure if that was with or without seer help). I never really had a clue who the wolves were.

ScousePig revealed himself to me via code in the thread very early doors (presumably after investigating me) and so after the wolves missed me and I was in the clear, I just protected ScousePig until the bitter end, as there was no real need for me after that beyond keeping the seer alive. ScousePig played a very good game, gently steering us towards wolves without being too obvious. Or he might just have been lucky, I don't know.
    Bit of both. I had to give you the sign when you were not under any sort of suspicion, and it was subtle enough for you to pick up but others to miss. Obviously I didn't know if it had worked, but I was confident if it had you'd be potentially saving me each night. Though it never dawned on me that the doctors could save themselves until the night you did it.

Me and Browning managed to go under the radar pretty much, and we distanced ourselves from each other enough. That's all that was required really - the villagers did the job. Browning picked off the wolves better than I did. We knew who most of the prominent players were but obviously that took a fair bit of time.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super finish from the village.

Would be nice to see who was investigated each night.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did leave you in the open for a couple of rounds as I was fairly confident, given the wolves' MO up until that point, that they wouldn't be killing you, and I also wanted to RATTLE them via me being protected. Once that was done, though, I protected you each night until the end. So they could have got me at any point after that, but it was too late.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m shocked to find out jimmy didn’t know I was a seer, I literally spent the whole game trying to slap him round the face with it. I was also sure the wolves would get me much sooner then they did.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I’m shocked to find out jimmy didn’t know I was a seer, I literally spent the whole game trying to slap him round the face with it. I was also sure the wolves would get me much sooner then they did.
    The thought may have crossed my mind but I thought it was too obvious, and actually it led me to suspecting you might be a wolf in the very early game before you put up the impassioned defence which was clearly genuine (although I thought the defence of a villager who wanted to stay in, rather than a seer).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justice!

Easy to be harsh on the wolves but I think that was genuinely a great performance from the villagers and good guys.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i'm down for another one but if I'm a wolf again I think i'll die of anxiety
    I'm definitely glad I've never had anything approaching a role of responsibility in one of these.

I found some of the wolf kills questionable.

I think if Byron had gone in that Lofty vote things could have been quite different.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i still don't really understand who you SHOULD be trying to kill as a wolf. my logic didn't go much further than "lol lets just kill a random to keep them guessing", and Jimmy when his back to the future style chicken clucking finally tipped me over the edge.

I also feel bad for being so inactive but I just get so anxious about putting my foot in it. In future I think I'll just watch.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Another thing that kept you from dying was that you were being so obvious and going after the wolves so clearly that the moment we killed you, it would be obvious who the wolves were. which is exactly what happened in the end