118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done my team. Where's the code?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were in it last year it seems to just move you across this year. If your team is Mislintats Manschaft then you are already in the league.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanchez

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Sanchez
    I'm loading up on non World Cup players.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still only 9 teams in the draft, sign up chumps.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When's the draw? I never saw the announcement last year.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanchez
    You reckon he's done for this year or what?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more that phonics selected (and captained) him, despite going on about how crap he is in every other post since he left Arsenal.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how indicating that he's performed poorly bars him from performing when there's literally no-one else to play with the rest of your decent players making it to the semi final of a World Cup. You seem more obsessed about me knocking him than I apparently have been about him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    When's the draw? I never saw the announcement last year.
    It's set for next Thursday at 8pm at the moment. Is that ok with everyone?

Code is 69876-19546

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I'm not sure how indicating that he's performed poorly bars him from performing when there's literally no-one else to play with the rest of your decent players making it to the semi final of a World Cup. You seem more obsessed about me knocking him than I apparently have been about him.
    Alright mate. Hopefully he justifies his 800k per week wages and scores you a few points.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Sanchez also. Seems to be the only player (with Lukaku) that Mourinho has faith in really, and I'm going for the same approach as Phonics - staying clear of WC players.

Basically - because I've avoided every player who has a lenghty WC-run and/or a pricetag - except Sanchez - I'm stuck with basically a team of "budget options" and somehow have 2.5m left in the bank which I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with.

I could trade Shurrle out in midfield for instance which would give me 8.5m to spend, but then really I dunno what I get for that that seems any better.

Guys you reckon Firmino is starting for Liverpool the first games?
    And what about David Silva for City?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of going with Bernardo but I got burnt by Peps rotation so many times last season I'm just going to wait.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firminio will start, surely. Silva I have no idea about. I was considering him, but City are so stacked in midfield that I reckon it's only De Brunye that's a guaranteed starter.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mané, Firmino and Salah will start up front for Liverpool, unless one of them is injured.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firminio will start, surely. Silva I have no idea about. I was considering him, but City are so stacked in midfield that I reckon it's only De Brunye that's a guaranteed starter.
    That was why I opted out as well. Also seems like he wants to play Mahrez in a more central role.

But De Bruyne I'm not sure he'll start against Arsenal as he was so deep in WC but who knows.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm stuck between two extremes at the moment. Either something like Sanchez/Eriksen/Aguero and no Liverpool players at all (preferred for jinxing reasons) or just going with Liverpool's front three (probably preferred in terms of doing well) for a million more.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got three each from Liverpool and City and only two from the rest of the big sides. Just feels like a far lesser flop risk.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm basically just on a mid-tier player bonanza. Zaha, Arnautovic, Jota, Burnley & Everton defenders, etc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City worry me with their options in midfield and attack. I've done some egregious things to shoehorn Sané and Aguero in alongside my Liverpool trio and am fearful of rotation. At least with Liverpool I'm fairly certain those three attackers are going to play most weeks. Mané being ostensibly on penalties has made me much less inclined to leave him out as well, which leaves much less wriggle room (I had considered Keita instead of him as I reckon he's going to be good/productive in fantasy terms).

Knowing a Ł5m pleb striker who is going to actually play would be nice. Currently backing Zohore on little to know actual knowledge. Andone at Brighton is possibly another one, but they're overloaded with (wank) forwards so who knows.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fucked around with my team now again.

I share your worry @niko_cee but in the end opted for going with only Aguero from City instead, as Jesus played a lot in the WC. I'm fairly certain Sane will start as well, but I don't know how City will line up at all in the end in midfield so just gonna stay clear for the first round at least.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still only 9 teams in the draft and no sign of last season's winner (Sama?). I'm so going to forget the draft and tinkering with the watchlist is so dull I just can't face it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    City worry me with their options in midfield and attack. I've done some egregious things to shoehorn Sané and Aguero in alongside my Liverpool trio and am fearful of rotation. At least with Liverpool I'm fairly certain those three attackers are going to play most weeks. Mané being ostensibly on penalties has made me much less inclined to leave him out as well, which leaves much less wriggle room (I had considered Keita instead of him as I reckon he's going to be good/productive in fantasy terms).

Knowing a Ł5m pleb striker who is going to actually play would be nice. Currently backing Zohore on little to know actual knowledge. Andone at Brighton is possibly another one, but they're overloaded with (wank) forwards so who knows.

You're inevitably going to end up with whoever you pick from City being on the bench half the time, but they score a million points every other game anyway so over the season it shouldn't matter too much. That run of games from the second week onward is too ridiculous to pass up anyway.

I like Andone as well but I fear Hughton might be too much of a square to start him from the off.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bernardo is the only Brighton signing I would be confident of starting at the weekend, which, seeing as they've made about a dozen tells you everything you need to know about Chris 'Stability' Hughton. Murray is bound to start.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Mané penalty theory has been thrown into disarray by Fabinho just taking one after Mané won it. I suppose, having missed it, maybe he won't get another (apparently he's usually very good).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going for:

McCarthy, Fabianski; Mendy, Robertson, Davies, Wan-Bissaka, Schelotto; Salah, Sanchez, Jota, Richarlison, Schurrle; Aguero, Zaha, Madine

3-5-2. A few risks in midfield to start with but they're all attack-minded so should deliver quite a few points. First wildcard to be used very early.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a lot of people going for McCarthy here.

Why is that? Southampton were woeful last season and their team hasn't changed much has it? Is anyone actually expecting some clean sheets or is it just the cheapest option?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m avoiding Southampton like the plague. I considered Cedric but soon saw sense.

Is Bailly injured? Has an orange (75% chance?) warning.
    Last edited by Baz; 08-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    So a lot of people going for McCarthy here.

Why is that? Southampton were woeful last season and their team hasn't changed much has it? Is anyone actually expecting some clean sheets or is it just the cheapest option?
    Reasonable early fixtures and I plan on rotating him with Fabianski. When Southampton play at home, West Ham play away and vice versa.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I’m avoiding Southampton like the plague. I considered Cedric but soon saw sense.

Is Bailly injured? Has an orange (75% chance?) warning.
    He came off during the Bayern friendly Sunday after a clash. Fuck knows how serious but apparently he was training so I'd be surprised if he didn't start.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went back to 'finish up' my team and noticed none of my previous selections saved. Would be great if I could remember half of the guys I picked already.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is doing my fucking head in

i'm 2m over on a team I'd reasonably want.

Fabianski, McCarthy
    Bailly, Azpili, D. Sanchez, Tomkins, Daniels
    A. Sanchez, Mane, Seri, Jota, Eriksen
    Aguero, Mitrovic, Zaha

Thinking about dropping Mitrovic and grabbing a 4.0/4.5 to just toss in as a place holder and running a 3-5-2 but then i don't really know what to expect from Seri or Jota and was hoping to just pick one or the other based on fixture in a 3-4-3.

I could drop Eriksen for Mkhitaryan but that doesn't seem like a smart play either.

fucking hell.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace Tomkins and Daniels with 4.0 defenders (there are actually a few who could start quite frequently too). In that squad, you won't be using them in the starting line up anyway.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like you have one too many pricey defenders Bruh. I'd do away with Bailly, not quite sure who starts for United in defence really?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATM

Patricio

Robertson
    Daniels
    Tomkins

Salah
    Mkhitharyan
    B. Silva
    Jota

Aguero
    Mounie
    Aubayemang

--
    Fabianski
    Jorginho
    Bennett
    Wan-Bisaka

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    4.0 defenders (there are actually a few who could start quite frequently too).
    Share your thoughts.

I’d say Malone and Jazz Richards.

I was hoping Balogun would be 4, but he’s 4.5 so no dice unless I make major changes
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone all in on the Brighton defence (Dunk, Duffy and Bernardo). Not sure how often I'll field all three, but they're a solid side and those guys are almost nailed on to start every game (the first two will unless injured). Both the centre-halves should really be improving on their goals : own goals ratio this season (1:4 last year I think ).

Can't help but think my team is a bit toss, with too much of a gamble on big-hitters.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a lot of pissing about I've ended up with this (subs):

GK: Ryan (Lössl)
    DF: D.Sanchez, Robertson, Dunk (Chilwell, Ecuele Manga)
    MF: Salah, Schürrle, Sessegnon, Milivojevic (Xhaka)
    FW: Firmino, Lukaku, Zaha

Kakkers captain at home to the Foxes I think.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he even going to play?

I'm currently:

Patricio, Fabianksi

Mendy, Daniels, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo

Salah, Mané, Sané, Neves, Masuaka

Firmino, Aguero, Zohore

Sané is the most at risk, but I reckon he'll be starting for the first few games at least, after which he can turn into a combo of Sessegnon/Milivojevic/Gross/whoever looks the mid-priced bargain of the season and Kane for Aguero once August is over with.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masuaku was good value last year cos he was a defender but I don’t see him being worthwhile this time.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he even going to play?
    I've been labouring under the assumption that key players will be ok for league games, but perhaps the bird-brained scheduling this summer has one up on me.

The World Cup really needs to start and finish about three weeks earlier than it does.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I have no idea if he'll even play (my guess is not) I just picked him because he was cheap. He'll go under the bus during the international break in all likelihood (if not before).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I've been labouring under the assumption that key players will be ok for league games, but perhaps the bird-brained scheduling this summer has one up on me.

The World Cup really needs to start and finish about three weeks earlier than it does.
    I reckon he probably will, but whether he'll be any good or not in a potentially dysfunctional clusterfuck of a team, who knows.

Has he played a single pre-season game for United?

FIFA are well ahead of you anyway, isn't it starting 7 months early next time?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone all in on the Brighton defence (Dunk, Duffy and Bernardo). Not sure how often I'll field all three, but they're a solid side and those guys are almost nailed on to start every game (the first two will unless injured). Both the centre-halves should really be improving on their goals : own goals ratio this season (1:4 last year I think ).

Can't help but think my team is a bit toss, with too much of a gamble on big-hitters.
    I went away from them for fear of second season syndrome. Did they fade at all towards the end of the year like they were getting worked out or was it a consistent monotony? I'm the same with Burnley, I can't trust two teams to keep clean sheets two years in a row.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Share your thoughts.

I’d say Malone and Jazz Richards.

I was hoping Balogun would be 4, but he’s 4.5 so no dice unless I make major changes
    Wan-Bissaka at Palace is likely to start. Williams at Wolves will get game time and Jazz Richards and Peltier could do also.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malone has unfortunately left Huddersfield for Frank Lampard's Derby County™.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken your advice and dropped Sanchez (TOT) and brought in Wan-Bissaka from CP.

Still feel like my team is lacking but I've got to make a choice at some point I reckon.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m happy with my team although that will probably change when the actual games start and my team turns out to be a collective of utter utter thundercunts. Was somehow easier to choose players now that half of the good ones are likely to start the season slow. Sanchez as captain will most definitely be something I regret before Saturday, but there aren’t really that many good choices.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have Hazard (yet) but I feel he’s going to have a great year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sir Andy Mahowry
    @niko_cee
    @Jimmy Floyd
    @Trancemeister
    @Pen
    @Weaver
    @Waffdon

And the other two whom I don't recognise, draft is tonight m8s.