User Tag List

Page 345 of 373 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,250 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point we need face Bayley back, so I can see why they're doing it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well they lost because they're gonna kick Bayley out, and then hopefully can be good.

EDIT: Not that Bayley isn't great, to be clear, but I mean once they've done that if Damage CTRL can then be allowed to be good I'd appreciate it.
    Yeah but they could have won and the rest of them could end up saying that Bayley offered nothing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I think they look dumb booting Bayley for no reason if they win, at least unless you'd been laying it on thicker that Kai was trying to oust her or something.

This gives them that grain of justification they need, they can batter fuck out of her and then Bayley comes back to a big face pop. Maybe at the Rumble.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it not be more on brand for her to leave amicably and hug the bastards?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The taller Creed brother is an absolute freak of nature

[
    Last edited by Waffdon; 28-11-2023 at 01:57 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gopd pop, good delivery as ever, but if they weren't gonna set anything up Punk's promo could have been an email.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They probably get a week's grace on that I say. Everyone just wanted to chant CM Punk so let them have it. As long as they set something up next week it'll be fine. Hopefully they don't send out a sacrificial lamb to take a pin in a quick feud to get him off the mark. Slow burn a few things, put him in the Rumble and go with the Rollins match at Mania.

Punk was enjoyable on Collision (for me anyway, as a headlock connoisseur) partly because he kept the fire burning with several talents at the same time (Joe, Starks, White), meaning everything was interesting.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen Punk but I stopped watching when he was in his PRIME for WWE (including the whole Pipebomb thing), so I just can't understand why he's that over.

Especially so in Chicago, do they not have any other decent wrestlers from the city (Mustapha Ali is better than Punk for starters, fuck you all and fuck Vince) that they can go mental for?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all down to his mic work and there's probably an expectation the next pipebomb is round the corner.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If WWE want to keep the momentum of top flight returns and debuts up, QT Marshall will be on the market soon.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    The taller Creed brother is an absolute freak of nature

[
    Needs to be pushed to the moon.

He's amazing.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other ones alright too but he’s definitely going to fuck someone up badly with that finisher if he doesn’t define it

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to love the ego on this guy. Barely a legend of his own lunchtime and he wants to be a star?

The worst thing about AEW was the endless, oh here comes the QT marshall push again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see him helping out with training or whatever but surely he's got no chance on-screen.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take Dustin while you’re at it
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QT is fucking death and almost took Hobbs down with him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Take Dustin while you’re at it
    Dustin as in Chuck Taylor? If so I agree, he looks horrid and wrestles horrid.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhodes. Golddust.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "Yeet" chants are so fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Rhodes. Golddust.
    Why though? He's not hurting anyone. He's barely on screen and is a great hand to have backstage.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    The "Yeet" chants are so fucking annoying.
    Is this literally just them having made it a thing by having Jey do it? Because yeah, it's shit.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure he kept doing it in a press conference after one of the PPVs whilst he was absolutely blootered. Either way, he's pretty shit overall. Much prefer him over on Smackdown.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh after the Cody tag match? I see.

But yeah, while he's doing well to still have the fans digging him he's a bit nothing as a singles guy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to play fair to the AEW gang, I'll state I actively hate any match involving an Uso. They're both terrible. Their character work has taken off in this Bloodline stuff but bell-to-bell they can get to fuck.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even as tag wrestlers? Because they've had some great tag matches. Though admittedly probably always against good teams, they aren't getting anything out of e.g. the Bludgeon Brothers like the New Day sort of did (and with other middling teams.)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found Jimmy a lot of fun as the deluded stand-in, not sure I want to see them against each other though which I guess is the eventual plan.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even as tag wrestlers? Because they've had some great tag matches. Though admittedly probably always against good teams, they aren't getting anything out of e.g. the Bludgeon Brothers like the New Day sort of did (and with other middling teams.)
    Well no not really. I thought the match with Owens and Zayn at Mania was one of the most overrated matches in a long time. Admittedly a lot of the issues weren’t the Usos fault but I can’t recall a good one off the top of my head.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The three they had against the New Day in 2017/18 were quality, they had some good ones against the Wyatts and Shield further back than that but their best work was definitely after they first turned heel.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t watched in a while and just realised that page on dailymotion with all the links has gone. Is there a replacement?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunny's gone down for 17 years for killing an old man.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Haven’t watched in a while and just realised that page on dailymotion with all the links has gone. Is there a replacement?
    Can't remember what the current domain is but if you Google "watch wrestling" you should something I assume will be similar to the daily motion one. Used to be .in but I think that one got shut down

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .ai the last time I used it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely, thank you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've just ignored everything we've talked about in the last page or two and gone and watched Dynamite from last night.

Seriously though, I never had any plans to watch it but the Edge/Christian segment popped up on my YouTube so naturally I watched it (Christian is fucking awesome, you see). And then the MJF and Joe segment was recommended next and I love both of them too so I watched that and actually there's 20 minutes of good TV I've just seen. I thought fuck it, I'll give the whole episode a go (I checked the match card, and we had a Swerve vs. Jay White main event so I didn't go in completely blind).

It was actually pretty great. The Edge and Christian segment was really well written and when you've got the best heel and mic worker in there, you can't fail. MJF cut the quintessential babyface promo which was a little jarring but it worked, although the dynamic with Joe coming to save him was a bit weird given they've pushed him as a wrecking ball for months. The Moxley match sucked dick, because Moxley is awful. Rush and Briscoe had a really decent match, I'm a sucker for Rush's dickhead style. Wardlow squashes are the best way to use him so let's hope it's tenth time lucky there with that push. Nobody wants to see the Hardys in 10 minute matches though so I skipped that one. Julia Hart has superstar potential. And the main event was really good, nothing outrageous but a good professional match and Swerve getting the win is hopefully a big sign that they're strapping the rocket on him.

Is Orange Cassidy dead? Not like Tony to not book him in a match, and wouldn't you know it, it was one of their best efforts. But I'm sure that's coincidental.

@phonics @Baz drink it in, because this is probably the best you're getting out of me.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF turning into a babyface was such an awful decision. Or at least he can’t play one very well. You don’t need to change your character to be a good or bad gay, certainly not to the extent he has.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly agree there. He's got the mic skills to make the promos work, but people got behind him as a babyface because he still cheated and looked after himself (imagine if Stone Cold came out and started acting like a clean cut babyface). It was a good fired up promo but like I noted, it got weird when Joe came to his rescue. I'm not sure what the longevity is here with a pure babyface run although they're obviously positioning him for the Devil reveal so the payoff needs to be sooner rather than later. If the Devil is fucking Jack Perry then I'm done with wrestling forever. Cole is the obvious one (and the right one) but we all know how marks love a swerve (small s, not Swerve Strickland).

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF's injured so I think it'll just be plate spinning time.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So has MKF been more squeaky clean as a face then? Because yeah I'd have thought you'd want some cheaty Eddie in there (as a person who's watched way less of him than you guys. )

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MKF is his brother?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, yes, very good.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So has MKF been more squeaky clean as a face then? Because yeah I'd have thought you'd want some cheaty Eddie in there (as a person who's watched way less of him than you guys. )
    Seems to be leaning more and more that way every week. I'm not sure how long it can last because you take a belt off a clean cut babyface and he's in big danger of just being another guy, whereas the classic MJF could survive/thrive without it. So he must be going really long term with the belt. Or this thing is one big massive swerve.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJF also has a filthy obsession with WWE, which has got a bit boring.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only makes sense in AEW lore if he gives WWE the finger and re-signs. Tony will look incredibly small time if he fucks off after mentioning them non-stop for 12 months.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s definitely going to stay there. Will be the top man for life and get paid as much as he would in WWE. I’m pretty sure he’s probably already signed

I do actually think his style would suit WWE more than he and a lot of others probably think it would.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's definitely in that small handful that certainly would benefit more from WWE. But he also seems to be the type that wants to write (or at least contribute to) his own storylines. Cody accepted that by going back he lost that privilege, but it was certainly for the best because he doesn't have that gift (and seemingly neither does Danielson). Punk, fuck knows. It's whether MJF could accept that; if he could then the sky is the limit for him in WWE but not everyone has the same goals.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody Rhodes is great but he’s really been fucked over a bit. Tearing his pec wasn’t ideal but losing to Reigns and then ‘finishing his story’ by being in feuds with The Judgement Day and Nakamura is a bit shite. There are too many big stars that are face. Knight, Rhodes, Punk, Orton, Rollins, Owens, Zayn and I suppose Jey Uso as well.

Punk and Rollins are both better at being heels but I presume they’ll turn Rollins. Either that or just not turn either of them.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll not turn Rollins because everyone likes to WOAH to his music. Shite, but true. Punk would be a great heel for a variety of reasons but the crowd won't let it happen for a while.

WWE really struggle with heels, and always have done. Either the guy is really popular so the crowd turn him face against the booker's wishes (see: LA Knight) or they're just glorified pin eaters. WWE has always been a babyface-on-top company so it's rare they let a heel be successful enough for long enough. They see the money in the babyface as the champion, rather than in the chase. Even great heels like Randy Savage ended up babyface again pretty quickly. Gunther is literally all they've got in that department (Reigns and his four matches a year don't count). And it's why most of their matches are cut and paste, because nobody on the heel side actually needs to work heel, so they don't learn how to work heel, so the match is forgotten a minute after they're back through the curtain because there's no heat. It's no coincidence Gunther matches are the best matches.

Anyway, I digress. I don't see Orton being full-time enough to be one of the top heels. Everybody else you listed is either not able to be the top heel or the crowd won't allow it. They need MJF. He would get a monster pop then turn them within minutes.
    Last edited by Ben; 30-11-2023 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think McIntyre could be a good heel if they properly lean into it. He's a solid talker but he's not so charismatic that the crowd would just automatically refuse to boo him or insist on cheering him, he doesn't have catchy music or a catchphrase that they'll never stop parrotting and he can stop the 1-2-3-Claymore thing easy enough.

You're broadly right that WWE much prefer to have a big dominant babyface to keep putting the title on, but right now they're also stymied by Reigns hogging the belt(s) because there's such a hard ceiling for any other top heels. Not that I'm sure HHH will be the guy to fix that because he was a great heel for a few years and then a very wearisome one for a very long time.

Also doesn't help that WWE crowds these days often meet heel antics (and indeed everything) with stony silence. Who actually gets proper boos currently? Gunther, Dom......... that about it?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could do "1-2" then tell the crowd to fuck off with that shit the first time he goes to do a Claymore as a heel.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll probably disagree but I don't think Dominik gets proper boos either. He did at the beginning but now it's just a trope that the crowd turn up to boo his promos out of the building before he can even say a word, a practice which has unfortunately bled into other wrestlers and other companies. Dominik's push finishes when the crowd get bored of drowning out his promos. Only Gunther gets proper heat (and Reigns when he fancies it).