User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do we need another one of these now?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

1 14.29%
  • No

2 28.57%
  • No, but it should be fun/the most personal ever

4 57.14%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WDYTOE 2021 - Pandemic Edition - The List?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some top lists, and some beautiful prose from Jim. Really painting vivid pictures for throw away anecdotes.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew I was disliked, but fucking hell.

Cracking lists chaps, especially Jim. Well done.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's any consolation everyone else probably thought that entry was hilarious, so you've done your bit for the board. Well, almost everyone, natch.

Too many good bits in that list to really accurately recount after a single read through.

Standard's being set a bit high though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a genuinely great page.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Good to hear. I drove through the city centre a few days ago and it’s a wreck.
    It's more the vibe of the place (and other big cities). People are just completely fucked mentally and it's all a bit too Monkey Dust for 34-year-old me. Like the peace and quiet these days.

Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Get out of my county you dirty villa cunt.

Nah, cool, good for you. Whereabouts, roughly? I feel I've asked this before, in which case I'm sorry.

It's a really underappreciated part of the UK tbf. On the border of Leicestershire. There's actually a sign outside the village which says 'Welcome to Leicestershire', but the post code is Warwickshire. It's spot on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have cut some of you off, probably unfairly, but I have just eaten a massive kebab and am now sat sweating in front of a fan typing on a phone so you'll get what you get and like it.

Andrew - Seems to have been Yevrahed by the pandemic, but landed in the Magic camp. Hopefully things get back to normal soon and you can rage at other things.
    Andy - Top bloke, loves Southampton and BBQing, got a proper job. Solid member.
    Bam - Possibly Micky Flanagan.
    Baz - I believe beneath his weirdness, thirst for referral codes and volunteering for tedious office jobs no sane person would, there is an alright lad in there.
    Boydy - Not sure if I am passing him in different threads at the moment or he hasnt been as active, always a decent poster.
    bruhnaldo - Florida Man incarnate, hopefully got the help he needed.
    Dark Soldier - Cryptodaddy and horror film expert, rarely posting now but quality over quantity is fine.
    Don - I suspect he is parodying himself even when playing at being earnest, entertaining at times but usually when hoisted by his own petard.
    Giggles - had a recent break, decent input for the beer and brewing stuff and good entertainment for irritating other posters.
    Ian - TTH's Roger Federer
    igor_balis - gets a lot of undeserved stick, as other have noted. Seems decent enough.
    Jimmy Floyd - One of the main players here, I think the board would be genuinely poorer in his absence. Even though I don't always agree with some of his views his eloquent posting is excellent and THE COMPUTER doesn't hurt either.
    John Arne - RIP
    Kikó - unfairly maligned by some, not sure what the source of ire is personally, a decent lad and poster.
    Lewis - like Jim, another poster the community is blessed with and would struggle without. Cutting wit, apparent photographic memory of everything ever to transpire on both boards, not afraid of upsetting people. I might not always like it but can't help but admire it.
    Magic - I think MJ was dealt a bad hand by life over the last few years and the pandemic is a bit like the final straw for him, a fertile battle ground in the larger culture war to stick it to those who wronged him. Hopefully things are rosier going forward.
    Manc - Very direct, a good poster in his own right on certain topics but at other times can seem to exist only to hammer certain other posters.
    Mellberg - TTH's Jordan Belfort, top lad and correctly mugged my prediction of a Villa relegation last season right off (though I did revise this after we sold you the best keeper ever to come through our academy for peanuts, ffs).
    Mike - Diet Baz
    mo - a passionate teacher who seems too wholesome for the board.
    niko_cee - a good all rounder, keeps the threads moving along without doing anything particularly offensive. TTH's Elano?
    Offshore Toon - Offy has always had a spiky streak, though more prominent in days gone by than it is now, that could make you worry he thought you were a genuine prick. Underneath that though, he is a top lad living the island dream and posting good stuff to boot.
    Panda Bear - A once prolific poster gone to seed.
    Pepe - Has mellowed since his posting heyday, mainly exists to lord it over us with the lack of covid rules he has to endure now. Still, Pepe
    phonics - seems alright but maybe too easily baited at times.
    Queenslander - the dispatches he sends from down under make it seem like things are on the slide down there and he is a Max Mad like figure holding back the tide of drongos, godspeed to you and your cracking beard.
    randomlegend - ITK RL, medical expert, knife connoisseur. Gets a lot of shit but seems alright to me, also gave me some decent advice on knives so fair play.
    Shindig - From his Stewart Lee hey day things are a bit more grounded for Shinners these days, still has the calibre but the consistency is a bit sparser. Same for all of us I suppose?
    SincereTheRebel - Sincere is a wildcard, a maverick, a genuine one of a kind. He comes on here and posts amazing insights into his life, his thoughts, his dad's likely hate of us all. Long may it continue.
    Sir Andy Mahowry - Like a rainy away day at Everton, Mahow is a fixture that has existed seemingly forever. Less spam than the old board, the quality of his input is mixed but the board still needs it.
    Smjffy - hopefully getting sorted with real life.
    Spammer - A bit unhinged, sporadic posts are a window into his insanity.
    Spikey M - Holding down a champions league spot alongside Ian, Lewis and Jimmy. Spikey complements the other posters and styles well. Manages to post a lot given his presumably busy family life.
    SvN - Semi Skimmed Scrooge
    The Merse - I've always liked Merse, though I can't recall amy recent posts of note. Surprised to see other opinions slagging him off.
    Waffdon - Waff is a good poster, upsets a few applecarts but that's ok. Reminds me when I was his age and pissing off all types of people. Get another round of jager bombs in and wind up Twitter.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
    It's more the vibe of the place (and other big cities). People are just completely fucked mentally and it's all a bit too Monkey Dust for 34-year-old me. Like the peace and quiet these days.

It's a really underappreciated part of the UK tbf. On the border of Leicestershire. There's actually a sign outside the village which says 'Welcome to Leicestershire', but the post code is Warwickshire. It's spot on.
    Fucking hell, I spent Saturday walking through the countryside by Hinckley, and at one point my pal said 'heh we just crossed the border between Leicestershire and Warwickshire', and then I went to the house party in walcote just down the road from lutterworth. I presume I was pretty close to you at some stage of the day

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't your birthday was it Mellin?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit...

You're a good snogger Mellin, mate, but I'm starting to doubt the veracity of your 'i'm on my period', excuse for not shagging me, in retrospect.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The joy of Home Working Lofty. Only time I'm busy now is weekends.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Ian - TTH's Roger Federer
    Ooft. I'll take that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some really funny lists.

Jim, I was Reg/Regista on the old board. Or was there another Reg on an even older board?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Some really funny lists.

Jim, I was Reg/Regista on the old board. Or was there another Reg on an even older board?
    I don’t think there was, but that’s probably “the joke”.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old grandfather potato not old enough to remember the original reg, forshame.

It was some weird time stamp type thing. Someone who knows how internet message boards of the time worked could probably explain it, but he/she/it was a mercurial fellow, intermittently popping up to record the accurate time through the medium of posting.

Brighton probably banned him for postboosting.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the old old board, there was a sort of in-built bot account called 'reg' that used to randomly post a new thread stating only the current time.

EDIT: what niko said.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only know the old board, not the old old one.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year was the first move? 2005?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2006 I think. I joined the old old board in 2003 and think it was three years after that for the new place. Sometime in March.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it was, a truly momentous year.

2005 that was. Agree on March. I remember spamming the new board with complaints and getting points off R1 whilst travelling round America.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent a bit of time pleasuring her majesty that year too.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This place feels like the board to me, probz just me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely got the lowest threat of the ban hammer and seethe due to our crazy Dutch lords. We've managed to maintain a pretty good group. That's the list.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'haha if you ever want to meet somewhere along the a5. dunno if you like pub quizzes but me and some of my mates play pool and...'
    'Thing is the Nikkei is just all over at the minute and...'

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is 3am and I cannot sleep, so there you go:

7om – Top, top lad. I don’t remember, is he still in China? Back in the UK? US? Still forced to trim the bushes to a proper length? Doesn’t matter, one of the backbones of our quite excellent society.

Bam – Check your pms.

Baz – People always post about how mental he is and I always thought that it was so overdone, that he was alright, if a bit goofy. I was wrong. He is mental. In a good way, since I live in a different continent. Makes me lol occasionally.

Boydy – A former favorite of mine. Has lost some of his edge. He sold out, I guess. Still good, but just that.

Cord – Shot me dead as I was about to board the helicopter. Enough said.

Dan – Read 7om.

Dark Soldier – Living legend. Doesn’t really contribute much these days, but he doesn’t have to. His track record does the work for him. He is one of those who everyone respects, and the new kids don’t understand why. But those who know, know. He seems to be happy with his life, which makes me happy, even though that is the main reason why he doesn’t provide the good stuff on a regular basis anymore. You should give us an updated picture of those knees, mate.

Don – Taz used to be one of my favorites. As we have all collectively matured, he has remained mostly the same and as such, feels a bit out of place. Like a friend still stuck in the high school years. Still one of my favorites.

Toggle Spoiler

Giggles – Top 5 poster. Always comes off as miserable, but I am sure that he is much more pleasant in person. He used to think (still does?) that I am some sort of hipster for some reason. Stopped posting for a while, which was a real shame, but he seems to be back. Could join me and Ian for some casual beers.

Ian – Massive, massive cunt for not playing Streets of Rage with me. Aside from that, he might be the most pleasant person in the world. He just gives that nice vibe. Never anything bad to say, always a polite smile (I imagine). Would be up for having some beers with him if he didn’t leave across the ocean and he wasn’t a massive cunt who wouldn’t play Streets of Rage with me.

Igor – I love reading his posts. I hope he keeps sharing all the EPIC bants he gets into every week, even if he gets shit for them all the time. I love when Lewis makes fun of him even more. Keep it up, lad.

Jimmy – Provides some of the best reading. I thought that it would all go downhill after he left Korea, but his material is still up there. Always interesting to hear about smart people stuck in mundane situations where they are clearly miles above anyone around. I don’t remember, did you ever get yourself a wheel and pedals? You should splurge in some beastly setup to recreate your motorsport fantasies. It is ok to spend money once in a while.

Kiko – Had to deal with constantly being called a pretentious wanker by some. Instead of chimping out, he has leaned into it. A bit of a pretentious wanker, but a top, top lad and a top, top poster.

Lewis – Still the GOAT. I am glad to see him moving up in the world, with his cushy bureaucrat job and newly bought house. His next years will be great. In his new studio, sitting on the La-Z-Boy, mini fridge fully stocked with pints of milk, Brock on the side. Football on the telly, laptop on the side table to lol at Mahow. Will remain the GOAT until the end of the board.

Lofty – Another living legend. His stories of depravity provided lots of joy in years past. Acts as a respectable member of society nowadays, yet we know. We know.

Magic – What a fall from grace. Life hit Magic in the chin hard, and you can tell. Still love him (who doesn’t love a trainwreck) but damn, some times it is painful to see. At least I am glad that he got that e-victory over his former wife by giving her NOVID. I hope that you find happiness mate.

Offy – Don’t notice him much these days, but still one of my top boys. Hope everything’s well with you.

Pepe -

Phonics – Essential to the current iteration of the board. Doesn’t make much sense most of the time, but then that’s part of the charm. Gets more shit than he deserves, I think that he is alright. Would definitely lol at him if I saw him walking around wearing those shoes that he wears. If I beat you in Tekken, I will teabag.

Randomlegend – I feel bad for it, but I find him very irritating. Strikes me as the kind to show up to a kickabout wearing goggles and shinguards over his socks. Nothing really wrong with him and provides the terrific service of riling up the likes of Magic (and me, I guess) so I hope he continues. Sorry mate.

Shindig – He used to be one of those who? entries, but he has really grown on me. His constant output is commendable, even if you will be hard pressed to remember a single of his posts. He is like one of those midfielders whose only job is to receive the ball from a defender and pass it sideways to a more talented player. Might not get lots of plaudits but is important to the operation of the place.

Sincere – What a top lad. His posts are always quality. Seems to live in a completely different world than most of you British folk. Gran Turismo pro. You should try a real sim, mate. I hope that you find your Neymar.

Mahow – The whole hating England thing is odd. Aren’t you English? Not that it matters. Top lad, crucial to the operation. Definitely has a board VIP badge, which you know he would wear with pride as he gives a sideways glance to the commoners before awkwardly staring at the floor and sweating his balls out once he realizes a ‘female’ is within sight.

Spikey – Another top five poster (I’ll have to check, I think my top five might be in the double digits). He was all about the BANTS before. Mostly serious business now. Lost his edge. More refined, like Rose wine. Still funny. Still a top lad.

Vercetti – Doesn’t post much anymore, does he? Still love him.

Wullie – He used to be hilarious. He seems just a regular poster now, Shindig-style. I used to have a friend who played bass in a metal band in high school. He then went to med school. After many years, I ran into him. I asked him if he still played music. I am a doctor now, he replied. Wullie gives me that kind of vibe.

Waffelz – He seems largely unchanged after all these years. I liked him before, still like him now. Used to post more about THE SESH, but I guess that he realizes that his antics won’t gain as much traction in old, grumpy TTH, so smart move. I think he mostly posts about football these days, so we don’t really interact much.

Yevrah – On Twitch, some entrepreneurial ladies have figured out that streaming while toodling about their hot tub turns out to be good business. Yevrah should do a hot tub stream. Instead, of boobs, he would provide social commentary. Last year was the golden opportunity for this, but while the pandemic is almost over, there is still time if he acts fast. If he got big enough (he would), he could even have special guests. Tubrage with Yevrah, featuring special guest Rand Paul. I would watch the hell out of that.

It is now past 4 am now and I am tired as fuck, so

Everyone else – I love you.
    Last edited by Pepe; 23-07-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would watch the shit out of "Yevrahs Hot Tub Hot Takes".

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb Pepe 👏

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I intended to return more pleasant with less of the old delivery man stuff, and then about an hour here put me back to normal. I’m happy with my choice.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was going to be my write up for you. Good to see the 'hope you guys win' thing didn't last as it was frankly alarming.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would watch Hot Tub live streams. Get on it Yev.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Apparently, the SCIENCE says you can't fill a hot tub with lager, well chalk another thing up for COMMON SENSE"

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post

That was going to be my write up for you. Good to see the 'hope you guys win' thing didn't last as it was frankly alarming.
    That was actually genuine, I’d just listened to a very good debate on the subject. That said, the scenes preceding the game probably ended the sentiment as quickly.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    If it's any consolation everyone else probably thought that entry was hilarious, so you've done your bit for the board. Well, almost everyone, natch.

Too many good bits in that list to really accurately recount after a single read through.

Standard's being set a bit high though.
    You're a decent person. This is not said enough on here.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

I'm really not well, is my writing worth continuing? If not I won't bother but I feel the quality is shit especially in comparison to the other guys. Let me know x

Here are the people I will be doing:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Toggle Spoiler

I'm really not well, is my writing worth continuing? If not I won't bother but I feel the quality is shit especially in comparison to the other guys. Let me know x

Here are the people I will be doing:

Toggle Spoiler
    It doesn't read any different to your normal posting so crack on mate.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Toggle Spoiler
    I love you Sincere.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I've seen his nostrils in person. Both are mega."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original poster. Put all lists in original post

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you are all grown up now. Are you still in the USA and

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Toggle Spoiler

Insert Gypsy joke here.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not Coventry but yes I like DnB Sincere.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    I'm not Coventry but yes I like DnB Sincere.
    Im confusing the Coventry connection with someone else...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wullie is Cov

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 50.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    51?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    41 thank you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So old.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old are you lot now, mid 30's? The gap gets smaller.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 29.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I'm 29.

Tbf I don't even know who you are.