User Tag List

Page 208 of 236 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,400 of 11773

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he called them Irish in Mutantards.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boss keeps saying he's definitely leaving (after 39 years) and the department is completely underinvested in and lacks support. Seems like we're not far off all being made redundant tbh and I'm nowhere near my target of £1.5m...mainly because there's me, an admin person and two engineers. £1.5m!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you allowed to cross the road at lunchtime yet?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Targets are lol sometimes. The Arab's target this year is £3.5 million which is completely unrealistic. I told him they're exploiting him because his visa status means he can't leave the company, but he won't have it, and thinks it just means they believe in him.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Targets are lol sometimes. The Arab's target this year is £3.5 million which is completely unrealistic. I told him they're exploiting him because his visa status means he can't leave the company, but he won't have it, and thinks it just means they believe in him.
    Most of the time they are based in absolute fantasy and delusion. Mine was because it's what the department needed to have a successful year on top of remedial work. Logical, but not when you consider there's no support, no marketing, no staff, no productisation etc.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Surely if you recognise they're exploiting staff you recognise you should bolt?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean I shouldn't work for a company/management that looks to squeeze where it can on potentially shaky ethical grounds? That will leave me short of prospective employers.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what I mean, yeah. Why would you accept that? The entire world isn't as shady as you're making out.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    That is what I mean, yeah. Why would you accept that? The entire world isn't as shady as you're making out.
    It is. Anyone running a profitable company is a shady cunt. "Business" is gross.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Let's say you go for a new job, value yourself at £40k, are offered £35k, eventually you accept an improved offer of £38k. Are they unethical? Well, for having tried to obtain your services for less than what they were ultimately prepared to pay, yes they are. Are you a sellout? Well, for accepting less than your own perceived worth, yes you are. Is this business and does it work for both parties? Yeah.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you don't value yourself that highly then.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a MHFA again.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got four hours of online courses to do before the end of the week: Unconscious Bias, Modern Slavery, DSE, Mental Health Awareness. One down, three to go and I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel but we've been told we won't qualify for maximum bonus if we don't complete on time. Blackmail.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

I'm a MHFA again.
    Is that yearly or monthly?

I get £8 a month to be a (non-mental) first aider at our office. The only time something happened (just a fainting) I was working from home.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    My boss keeps saying he's definitely leaving (after 39 years) and the department is completely underinvested in and lacks support. Seems like we're not far off all being made redundant tbh and I'm nowhere near my target of £1.5m...mainly because there's me, an admin person and two engineers. £1.5m!
    LOL now the CEO of the part of Group that I'm in is leaving. Been told there's no investment coming and we can't increase our head count. This is dumb.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overtime confirmed for next month. It's never going to end.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double bubble?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only bother with weekends so it's double or time and a half.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post

I get £8 a month to be a (non-mental) first aider at our office. The only time something happened (just a fainting) I was working from home.
    That’s back pay cos they hadn’t been paying me since I changed roles. It’s £8 a month and involves literally nothing.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

I'm a MHFA again.

You guys are getting paid?!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. I'm angry about it too. I want £8 a month to go with the giant book.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All fun and games until something happens. A security guard at my old work had a heart attack and I (along with others) had to give him CPR until the Ambulance turned up.

He survived and it's a good feeling knowing you have saved someone's life, but I let my first aid qualification expire after that and I'll never renew it. The noises he was making, the colour he went, the intense pressure... for £8. No. Never again.

Aside from that the only other things I ever had to deal with was a peanut allergy flaring up (called an ambulance), sickness and diarrhea (no, I'm not going in the women's toilet to deal with that, send her home ffs) and a 60+ year old with stomachache (I'm not a Dr, what do you want from me, go home).

Now, being a Fire Warden. That was a cushy ride.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 25-06-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are people actually signing up to that shit for the money? I assumed it was just some token fee.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two lads in my team had fire warden forced on them and there’s since been two fire drills were afterwards an email went round saying how terrible the drills went and if it had been a real fire, there would have likely been serious harm done. Nobody seems to have rumbled that they went out of their way to slow things down and do things wrong, in attempt to have the extra responsibility (for no financial benefit) removed.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have first aid stuff and mental health stuff (which is likely unpaid) a bit like my “Carbon champion” sort of thing.

However we also have “emergency response” which they attempted to force onto all of us. It’s a rota system where if shit hits the fan (on just about anything) you get called in and have to deal with it. It’s I think about £100/week when you’re on rota but that could be basically whenever ie even over the festive.

I’ve always pushed it back - unless it’s I’m my contact I’m not interested in that.

One of the guys I work with was on call when a helicopter went down over a decade ago killing everyone. I think he’s still haunted by it. No thank you.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty easy response no?

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were recently told about the accessibility checker in Word. It seems largely pointless so I assume it's for the 'Comic Sans in Pink' wankers but I now see we also have an inclusivity checker too (again, pointless if you're already using your brain). Brav, just give me ChatGPT incorporated Word already, you gimps.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my first proper interview for a job ever in half an hour. (Been at the council since turning 16 so basically 10 years and don’t count interviews there)

Gonna be interesting. Over teams rather than IRL which is annoying.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stream it so we can give you tips in-play.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wondered what happened to Amigo.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went well on my end. Job is not really what I thought it was though and the 2nd interviewer taking notes was annoying as fuck

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a massive domestic between the Arab and the Russian. One told the other to fuck off for unknown reasons, it then spiralled into an orgy of swearing and gesticulation. Home and away legs in each other's office, five minutes apart. The Russian won 3-2 on aggregate. Absolutely top spectator sport, unfortunately one of the bouts was during a phone call with a customer so I had to advise them that I'd only be able to deal with their enquiry when the shouting and raving calmed down a bit.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have their own offices?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sales office is broadly open plan but there are 4 partition 'offices' set into the wall on one side, which go to the manager, the Russian, the Indian and the Arab. I have the best desk in the open plan bit, and the chaff have to make do with the shit positions.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the office today. There's a man in fitting blinds and he's very bad at it. Clearly not getting any work done today while I watch him swear at window fittings.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arab's now sent a teams message round having a whinge, including a line which will surely go down in history: 'Sometimes I feel like a bunch bag around here'.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out my pay bump is almost twice than what I was expecting.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s an “Asian” woman (I think her family is from Bangladesh but she was born in London) at work who has some absolutely shocking stories about her upbringing and is an absolute warrior. I’m not sure if it’s that, or that she’s actually really physically attractive, or the fact that’s she’s just proper sound (probably a combination of them all) but I fancy her.

She was randomly in the office today and I told her I’m in every Thursday. Well so I am from now on she decided there and then.

Still got it.

When we had a works “award ceremony” we walked to a pub after it and she was drinking gin like it was ice cold clean water and she was back in the Bangladeshi slums. Actually I think that’s the main reason I like her.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put all of my pay into pension in April and may on purpose. Then shoved it back to normal on early June.

Paid today and it’s the same as April and may. It’s becoming increasingly more likely I’ve inadvertently set my salary to go to pension this year.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm understanding that right how minted are you that you can just casually chuck all your salary into pension instead of getting it and not even notice?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed it was happening, I did it on purpose (for the first two months of the tax year). I just assumed I could swap it back for the rest…. But that didn’t seem to work.

Going to phone them next week and find out if I’ve fucked it.

In more important news my work often has azeri expats in the office, and for the second time there is a ridiculously attractive lady in my wider team. Are Azeri women the most beautiful in the world or am I just getting a false representation?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I thought you meant you'd accidentally been doing it for a while (before you then did it on purpose) but hadn't noticed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha nah. A few years ago a senior lady indicated exactly that had happened, and I was like “how the hell does that happen?”.

Easier than it looks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spoke to a Rosemary West.

Going with "Rosemary" is a good try, but really you need to be getting married ASAP. Or divorced, I guess, if you did this to yourself. Jesus. That must be a tough life.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time they are referenced now I get "sharp dressed man" stuck in my head ffs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife's uncle was their lodger for a time. Based on the reports, he definitely had a go on old Rose whilst Fred manned the peep hole.

Said Fred was a real nice fella

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Family Tree is mental. In the right hands it could solve every cold case going.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    My wife's uncle was their lodger for a time. Based on the reports, he definitely had a go on old Rose whilst Fred manned the peep hole.

Said Fred was a real nice fella
    That's nothing mate, my dad introduced me to Wayne Larkins (paging @Jimmy Floyd), when they were both delivering for Littlewoods in the same depot. He was putting catalogues in the back of his transit and seemed grumpy, but you would be I suppose.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad once washed Jimmy Saville's car. Sir Jim'll went off to get some ice cream for the lads but my dad sodded off. A great decision in retrospect.