Results 13,651 to 13,700 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    They're significantly less likely to die of it, so let the people train.
    That gets thrown about a lot but they can still spread it the same as anyone else.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stand down, Lewis. Team Panic can sniff blood. Let me and Magic handle the night shift by mocking their need for testosterone supplements.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of sanitising that happens in my gym is mental. Have to wear a mask when doing anything other than exercising. Want another weight plate? Put your mask on or the mask police will get you.

They’ve spread everything out so it really isn’t much different to a supermarket or restaurant.

As long as you’re not going around licking the benches or dumbbells you’ll feel pretty safe.

Worth the Covid risk for the fit student birds in yoga pants anyway. Get Boris down there and he’d perk right up.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’ve definitely turned the HVAC in mine off though, which means I’m dripping in sweat the entire time, which must be counter intuitive.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Have to wear a mask when doing anything other than exercising.
    Brilliant.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My definition of exercising of “being within a gym” is slightly different to theirs, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    The amount of sanitising that happens in my gym is mental. Have to wear a mask when doing anything other than exercising. Want another weight plate? Put your mask on or the mask police will get you.
    If returning weights is part of your routine then so is fetching them. Check MATE faggot gym.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How dare they not believe that staring at women is exercise.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    "The people in them are healthy"

What difference does that make? They can still spread it.

This is all seeming a bit like the time you didn't understand how antibiotics work when you thought antibiotic resistance wouldn't affect you because you never take them.
    So let the healthy become....less healthy, so they don't accidentally spread it to the already unhealthy?

We're talking about discouraging fucking exercise here.

As long as the equipment is properly cleaned (which it will be) and everyone adheres to social distancing (which they can do in the gym as easily as they can do in the fucking supermarket) it's really not an issue. And for the record, I don't go to the gym. I do all my exercise outdoors. But if somebody tried to take it off me I would be having none of it.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can exercise outside or at home for a month or two ffs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a month or two though is it, this has been going on (on and off) for over 6 months now, with no sign of it stopping.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solidarity brothers. Fuck supermarket deliveries. I went out and toiled for my shopping like a Stakhanovite. Toiled for it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop eating peanuts, you might walk past someone that is allergic to peanuts.

If you're vulnerable, look after yourself. Simple.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can they? I might not want to suddenly take up running if I'm used to doing all my cardio in the gym. They're not always comparable activities. If I was into weight training, I might not have (probably wouldn't have) the required equipment to train at home. I should just give up the choice of a healthy lifestyle, that I may well have put years of work into, all of sudden?

Discount the old and vulnerable, who should be shielding anyway, then fuck interrupting healthy living on the off chance I might pass it on to somebody who is technically in the same bracket as me but has chosen to live some sort of largely sedentary lifestyle up to this point that has put them at risk. No thank you. That sounds a lot like their problem.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We let the 'shield the infirm and get on with it' dove fly as it became apparent there's no real controlling this thing when it's penetrating the White House and elite footballer bubbles so easily. I don't think there's life in that without combining it with the 'open the nightingales, brace for the deaths and let's have a cleanse'.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It's not a month or two though is it, this has been going on (on and off) for over 6 months now, with no sign of it stopping.
    Okay, six months then. We're close to running out of ICU beds in Northern Ireland and a load of elective surgeries had to be cancelled in Belfast this week. Fuck gyms. (Although they're still open here anyway, they just can't run group classes now).

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Stop eating peanuts, you might walk past someone that is allergic to peanuts.

If you're vulnerable, look after yourself. Simple.
    This is such a dumb comparison. Have you never been on a plane that doesn’t serve peanuts due to someone with an allergy on the plane? It happens all the time.

Someone got sent to jail for murder recently because they cooked a guys curry in the same pan that had peanuts in it several orders previous.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    This is such a dumb comparison. Have you never been on a plane that doesn’t serve peanuts due to someone with an allergy on the plane? It happens all the time.

Someone got sent to jail for murder recently because they cooked a guys curry in the same pan that had peanuts in it several orders previous.
    That analogy doesn't work at all. What percentage of your life do you tend to spend on an aeroplane? We're talking about day to day life here. Existence. Not a pre-planned, few hours on a plane, on the odd occasion you do travel on one. The two are not comparable at all.
    Last edited by Alex; 14-10-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That analogy doesn't work at all. What percentage of your life do you tend to spend on an aeroplane? We're talking about day to day life here. Existence. Not a pre-planned, few hours on a plane, on the odd occasion you do travel on one. The two are not comparable at all.
    Yeah who could compare day to day working life to spending several hours in an enclosed space with random people. That’s wild. Oh wait that’s getting the bus to work and then spending all day in an office and then getting back on the fucking bus.

It sounds like wank but you literally spend the majority of your waking hours on an airplane called society and your ability to eat and therefore survive depends on it. Peanut allergy or not.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah who could compare day to day working life to spending several hours in an enclosed space with random people. That’s wild. Oh wait that’s getting the bus to work and then spending all day in an office and then getting back on the fucking bus.

It sounds like wank but you literally spend the majority of your waking hours on an airplane called society and your ability to eat and therefore survive depends on it.
    You can't compare "society" to air travel though mate, that was my point. Because the latter is a luxury and a massively infrequent occurrence, whereas the former is your day to day life.

You wouldn't sit through a whole, aeroplane-safety style "in the event of a crash" demonstration every time you got on a bus or the tube, would you? You don't mind on the plane, because you're going to be in fucking America or something in a few hours.

"Please indulge us in the temporary inconvenience of not eating peanuts on the aeroplane, because the people who are allergic to peanuts would like the chance to partake in this optional, but very beneficial, experience too" - Fine, I can do without peanuts for a few hours and that is a reasonable request.

"Don't eat peanuts EVER, in your day to day life, because the people who are allergic to peanuts have a minuscule chance of dying of their peanut allergy whilst going about their daily business, if they're up-wind of you when you're eating them and the subsequent fallout somehow kills them" - Please tell the people who allergic to peanuts to A) Get a grip, and B) Stay in their peanut-free homes if they feel that strongly about it.
    Last edited by Alex; 14-10-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s literally an announcement to mind the gap at every stop on the underground. Motorways have constant reminders not to drive tired. You’re legally obligated to wear a seatbelt. You can’t have more than a pint and drive. I can’t fucking smoke a cigarette within half a mile of somewhere in case someone inhaled a micro gram of my exhaled smoke. We do shit to protect others all the time.

Love the idea of people who can die from peanuts being in the air being told to ‘get a grip’ though. Just an insane amount of selfishness on display.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a big difference between not eating nuts on a flight (or telling someone to mind the gap) and putting everyone's finite lives on hold for however long this rattles on for.

My kids are missing out on their childhood, people are losing jobs, homelessness unlike anything we've ever seen before is on the horizon. How many livelihoods are we willing to sacrifice before we we ask the vulnerable to shield themselves or 'mind the gap'?
    Last edited by Spikey M; 15-10-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of them, Spikey. It's just not safe.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people would do even a little of what was initially asked then it wouldn't have gotten to this anyway.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    If people would do even a little of what was initially asked then it wouldn't have gotten to this anyway.
    Had the Government put masks in place at the start and had a proper track and trace system ready to go whilst panic buying, and doorstep clapping was going on, then we probably could have managed the situation.

As it is... not going to happen. You only have to look at the mass-street parties Liverpool had in response to being put in the 'Very High Risk' category to see that.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t matter when masks were put in place, cunts will use every excuse in the book not to wear them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Wouldn’t matter when masks were put in place, cunts will use every excuse in the book not to wear them.
    To an extent, sure. But there'd be less of them and peer pressure at the time would have seen them bullied out of most places.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    As long as the equipment is properly cleaned (which it will be) and everyone adheres to social distancing (which they can do in the gym as easily as they can do in the fucking supermarket) it's really not an issue.
    It's no wonder we can't get any kind of control when people believe shit like this.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even then, masks are only used in specific cases. We've got compulsory masks now in the office but the rules about them include, "Hey, wear them in communal areas and around the main building but you don't need to at your desk."

This is life now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the point you actually can't get control (in an absolute sense, which is probably what you need) and sustain the society we've built around us in any meaningful way, so you sort of have to make a choice.

If any of that 'proper use' shit is genuine then I'm not sure what difference masks would have made. Most (like 90%+) people don't use them properly, but I'm willing to believe 'the science' on proper use is a load of bunkum and go with intuition/received wisdom.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in 3rd world western countries.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in 3rd world western countries.
    By which you mean large developed nations, as opposed to tiny enclaves built on tax fraud and/or pocket knives.

No restrictions at all here.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main takeaway from this page (other than agreeing with Giggles) is I fancy some peanuts.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Isn't the point you actually can't get control (in an absolute sense, which is probably what you need) and sustain the society we've built around us in any meaningful way, so you sort of have to make a choice.

If any of that 'proper use' shit is genuine then I'm not sure what difference masks would have made. Most (like 90%+) people don't use them properly, but I'm willing to believe 'the science' on proper use is a load of bunkum and go with intuition/received wisdom.
    Nah, masks have a proper impact but it's not a silver bullet. They need to be worn, cleaned and discarded properly (I'm sick of seeing them discarded on the ground) in conjunction with the hand washing and cleaning of surfaces. I'm also sick of people lifting them to talk to someone. The fuck is that?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well exactly, and no one cleans them properly, or changes them with sufficient frequency.

I'd still be willing to believe in their utility, to some extent, though.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've worn the same couple of masks since they became mandatory. They are the disposable blue ones.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we had millions of deaths yet from the Easter parties and BLM protests? @RL

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    London going into tier 2 from Friday means that I can mix in households on one side of the bridge down the road, but not on the other. Happy days.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amateur sport is still okay right?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amateur sport is allowed at level 2 (if organised by an official body) but banned at level 3.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    By which you mean large developed nations, as opposed to tiny enclaves built on tax fraud
    But enough about London...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Amateur sport is allowed at level 2 (if organised by an official body) but banned at level 3.
    Mon the level 2!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But enough about London...
    Isn't the entire Swiss economy built on small knives, noisy clocks and tax evasion?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And cheese fondue.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Mon the level 2!
    Enjoy it while it lasts. I am amazed we got 10 weeks of cricket in.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Isn't the entire Swiss economy built on small knives, noisy clocks and tax evasion?
    Mostly the latter and pharmaceuticals. Much like London.

That's the joke.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reaction when we're all in tier 3 next week and an escalated national lockdown by following week

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts. I am amazed we got 10 weeks of cricket in.
    Yeah, I'm thinking 2-3 games maximum (maybe first week of November we are done until Jan-Feb).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact transmission is not really a thing, so the whole cleaning of surfaces is nothing but ritual.