User Tag List

Page 96 of 152 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,800 of 7592

Thread: The Betting Thread

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any insight into the Olympics @Jimmy Floyd?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't checked the market yet (will look tomorrow) but my fancies without seeing odds are Morikawa, the two Japanese and the two Koreans.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iran +40.5 in the basketball against USA. Thank me later.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Olympic golf (men)

To win gold:
    Morikawa 7/1
    Hovland 11/1
    Matsuyama 12/1

To win a medal:
    Matsuyama 4/1
    SW Kim 12/1
    Pereira 20/1

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the Koreans avoid military service if they medal?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I'm undecided whether that will propel them forth or add too much pressure, but it's a factor and they both missed the Open to prepare. The only precedent is 2016 when Ben An and Jeunghun Wang had the same prize on the line and neither top 10'd, albeit these two are much better players. Sungjae is young enough for another stab in Paris, but his form has been a bit patchy so I'm not taking him at the prices. Siwoo, a streaky, mad motherfucker, offers better value.

Hideki won the Asian amateur on this course and has also presumably been preparing. Riyuka Hoshino is slightly too shit I think, on reflection.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After missing a 28/1 winner yesterday (I got 9s) due to not having overnight Best Odds Guaranteed I decided to buy a Bet365 account, and it’s already paid dividends. 2 accounts for £25 seems expensive for what it is but I’ve already made about £125 extra than I would have without it, so happy days.

And I’ve got a backup if this one ever gets limited, albeit unlikely cos I’m sticking to £25 a point.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matsuyama and Pereira look like they could come good.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely typical of my current run, had it surrounded from all sides and ended up with fuck all. Had 2 of the 3 medal picks miss a putt for bronze, and if Hideki could literally putt at all he would have won gold. He really is a pain in the arse.

I will soldier on and do WGC Memphis later.

Women's Olympics: Tavatanakit 20/1 EW

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A triple helping of failure this week. 4, 5 and 6 players respectively.

WGC Fedex St Jude

Probably the most vanilla of the WGCs, despite boasting almost all of the world's top 50, this is mainly notable for the time Lee Westwood won it while being plastered with UPS logos, something which made Fedex cry so much that they refused to invite him to a later tournament they sponsored, and also brought in a rule that no PGA Tour player is allowed to negotiate a new sponsorship deal with UPS or DHL (Westy prowls the fairways in his UPS shirt to this day).

Morikawa 12/1
    Cantlay 25/1
    Ancer 45/1
    Harman 55/1

Barracuda Championship

To my knowledge the only PGA Tour event named after a fish. This is in Reno, and played in the Stableford format, i.e. you score points for birdies rather than being over/under par. It's also vital for many down the order chasing their cards for next year - the grim reaper is coming for the careers of plenty in this tournament if they don't play well this week.

Wise 35/1
    Dahmen 40/1
    Knox 66/1
    Whaley 100/1
    McCumber 150/1

Hero Open

This is being played at Fairmont St Andrews, i.e. not St Andrews, but a hotel nearby. We're now into the quiet period on the European Tour while the Americans climax their season. I was looking down some of the lesser known names in this (weak) field and found one Robin 'Tiger' Williams, a black lad from Peterborough with what I think is a self-awarded nickname. No pressure eh lad. Also playing are amateur champion Laird Shepherd - a rare example of someone named for two different jobs in a medieval Scottish village - and veteran Scottish journeyman Graham Fox. Trying to find material on Fox I could only manage this, from the horse's mouth: "Took up the game as a 12 year old with a group of friends at West Kilbride because there was nothing else to do in our village." Inspirational.

Kawamura 22/1
    Besseling 33/1
    G.Porteous 66/1
    Winther 66/1
    Howie 125/1
    von Dellingshausen 300/1

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not fancy Mito? @Jimmy Floyd

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Market has picked up on him now. Lovely player. Has the same swing as Niemann which is fairly spooky, maybe they had the same coach back home.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ancer

That was a tidy play-off.

His and Burns' approach shots on the final playoff hole were brilliant.

Stunned that Matsuyama's putt on the first playoff hole didn't go down, just a bit too much pace on it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abe

I love the Mexicans, me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might yet get a place out of Whaley or Dahmen too, though following the scoring in that is a brainfuck. We are BACK.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've looked at that leaderboard a couple of times and I genuinely have no idea what's going on.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's two points for a birdie and -1 for a bogey, though I'm not sure what happens with the doubles/triples, and the course is seriously easy so it's flying all over the place.

Fuck it, got to post the winning song for Abe as it's such a banger.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whaley dropped the ball

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wyndham Championship

One of my favourite American tournaments of the year, and not because of the course or the championship itself, which is just another golf tournament somewhere in America (North Carolina, in this case). This week is great because of what's at stake, as this is the final tournament before the playoffs and the 125 spots in those playoffs are on the line, but so are many people's careers. The magnificently meritocratic nature of golf means that if you finish outside that top 125, and are not a recent winner or exempt in some other way, your time as a PGA Tour golfer could well be up. The highest profile golfer facing such a fate is, perhaps surprisingly, Tommy Fleetwood, who despite being ranked 35 in the world is only 136th on the American list and so must, by my reckoning, finish at worst top 15 to have a chance. Many other less famous names face a similar challenge. As well as that struggle, there are also various sub plots. Will Zalatoris, 2nd in the Masters, is notionally ranked 26th but because he is not an official PGA Tour member (until next year) he will not be eligible for the playoffs unless he wins this event. Bob MacIntyre needs a top five or so to have a chance of earning his card for next year. Whatever happens, there are usually celebrations for plenty and tears for others come Sunday night.

Oosthuizen 14/1
    Harman 25/1
    Reavie 80/1
    Stanley 110/1
    Garnett 125/1
    Percy 200/1

Cazoo Classic

Is there any sport left that Cazoo will not sponsor? Their list goes as follows: Aston Villa, Everton, the Rugby League World Cup, the Hundred, half of the snooker tour, the EFL, the Derby and the St Leger horse races, the PDC darts, the Welsh rugby team, the Welsh Open golf the other week, and now this, effectively the English Open. Their marketing budget must be astronomical/dodgy to have instantly monopolised such a huge proportion of UK sport in this way. Still, someone has to pay the bills, and it's a car website. This event is played at 'London Golf Club', which, as you can probably guess, is not in London. It hasn't been used on the European Tour for a while but I vaguely remember the last time in 2014, mainly for the fact that it's very close to Brands Hatch and you can hear cars or bikes buzzing around there in the background.

Kawamura 25/1
    Fox 35/1
    van Tonder 60/1
    Whitnell 80/1
    De Jager 100/1
    Enoch 300/1

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Villegas @250/1. Talk to me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a top 30 or so might be enough for Camilo, and he hasn't been on top form recently, so no each way appeal for me. Price is about right probably. I hope he does it.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 points on PSV to win.

Midtjylland have half a team and PSV stuffed Ajax 4-0 in their community shield.

#freemoney
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    93rd minute goal to make it 1-0 to PSV. Yes!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A traditional August bet that I have never come close to winning but gives some rooting interest during the year. Fourfold on the 4 English league champions.

Man City / Fulham / Rotherham / Newport - 1,200/1

Think the most I've had was 2/4 one year.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Wyndham Championship

Oosthuizen 14/1
    Harman 25/1
    Reavie 80/1
    Stanley 110/1
    Garnett 125/1
    Percy 200/1
    Louis a late withdrawal (not for the first time...) so we'll just have to go in with the famous five. I dreamed that Cameron Percy came 2nd, if that's any help (concerning, both on a base level, and for the fact that I don't even know what Cameron Percy looks like).

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Sabbatini on the juice?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My contacts are investigating a possible doping programme that may have spread all the way through Slovakian golf. Results of the investigation when we have them.

Between the 'worst putt ever hit' and Olympic silver, he's had quite the 12 months. EDIT: And facetiming Morikawa's girlfriend of course, how could I forget that.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 13-08-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky Boost Toney Anytime 3/1 and Mari starting: free money.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitnell (who looked great for a place today) and Enoch fucking up is annoying.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had that one surrounded and yet again the cunts can't play golf on Sundays.

It's so annoying when I nail the logic of tipping for a tournament and the dickheads all bottle it. If you get it wrong then fine, but bottle jobs do my head in, and golf is chock full of them, it's what makes it such a great watch.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Had that one surrounded and yet again the cunts can't play golf on Sundays.

It's so annoying when I nail the logic of tipping for a tournament and the dickheads all bottle it. If you get it wrong then fine, but bottle jobs do my head in, and golf is chock full of them, it's what makes it such a great watch.
    Both were joint top after day 2 IIRC.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henley missing out on the playoff despite leading all weekend was a thing of beauty. Kisner taking it down secured me a pretty penny.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Kisner. He should be in every US Ryder Cup team and they will be idiots when they overlook him again this time.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Northern Trust

The mega-long covid special PGA Tour regular season is finally over and now it's time for the first of three 'playoff' events. 125 players have qualified during the course of the year and only 70 will go on to the second event next week. This one is at Liberty National in New Jersey, a fairly anodyne track noted more for its backdrop (featuring the New York skyline and eponymous statue) than for its legendary golf holes. The field is obviously as good as it gets and with golf as strong and deep as it currently is, it's hard to imagine a surprise winner, happy though the likes of Anirban Lahiri, Peter Malnati and Matthew Nesmith will be to have reached this point. Of more low-note interest might be the scrap to make the top 70 and progress to next week: names like Bubba Watson, Ian Poulter and Adam Scott are currently on the outside of that, while Fitzpatrick, Hatton and Lowry may be among those clinging on for dear life. I'm going with a method this week that is very unlike me and selecting just two players. They share a first name and a mother tongue but not too much else. I have an overwhelming fancy for the first name, while the longer shot of the two is more of a (data-based) hunch.

Rahm 9/1
    Vegas 125/1

Czech Masters

Set against the glamorous dollar orgy that indulges the world's top players in America at this time of year, the European Tour often seems rather quaint and parochial, and it doesn't get any more parochial than the D+D Real Czech Masters. I have always wondered what the trade of title sponsor D+D Real might be; a visit to their website offers little in the way of clues. As always on the European Tour, there are some glorious surprises when I look at the entry list: who should have hot-footed it from his failed attempt to make the playoffs than Slovak sensation Rory Sabbatini, the boy from Bratislava doing his best as always for the betterment of central European golf. Also playing is Henrik Stenson; no one quite knows why he is in the Czech Masters, so theories abound that a Ryder Cup vice captaincy announcement is incoming, with captain Harrington also present. Otherwise, this will be a fairly bog standard Euro event with a healthy contingent of Czechs and Slovaks spicing things up, and I'm on one of those alongside some more familiar (largely saffa) names.

Burmester 16/1
    Leon 33/1
    Ritchie 66/1
    De Jager 70/1
    Bertasio 80/1
    Lieser 300/1

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve not backed for ages so I’ve backed these on my otherwise dormant William Hill account, including max bet on Ondraj Lieser, for £6k return.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the look of Scheffler.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money down for Garcia 90/1.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late addition for the true believers.

Boise Open

Whaley 70/1
    Smalley 80/1

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garcia with a triple bogey at the first. Thanks for the ride lad.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make that a quadruple. Pack away the clubs.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be quite fun if he played badly enough in this playoff stretch to play himself out of the Ryder Cup wildcard that he is currently nailed on to get because 'experience'.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed match alert. 9/1

FK Indjija 2 - 1 Rad Belgrade

Kicks off at 16:30
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Fixed match alert. 9/1

FK Indjija 2 - 1 Rad Belgrade

Kicks off at 16:30
    Lets have a pop then.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick to animations.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was lied to by the random WhatsApp number!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I was lied to by the random WhatsApp number!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve figured it out.

Find and join one of the many “WhatsApp/Telegram bet group chats” that are all over Twitter and telegram.
    Message everyone individually saying you have paid for a result to be fixed and will share it with them, if they promise to pay you XX% of their winnings each time.
    Send a different completely guessed result for an obscure match to everyone who replies.
    If by chance one of your predictions is correct, that person MIGHT send you some money in the hope of getting another “fixed result” guaranteed win.

You could probably then rinse them and say ‘I’ve proven myself as a betting fixer, pay me £100 and I’ll send you three more results all for tomorrow’ and then block them when they’ve sent you some Bitcoin for the random guess you made.

Who’s in?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You haven't invented something here. This is classic fraud.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a lot of work for a hundred quid.

Also, wouldn't the better play to be to give them a result you could lay for that second fixed bet? So you can coin all of their false investment. Extra double lol when it comes in and bankrupts you.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odds on Rahm bottling? @Jimmy Floyd