User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back with the parents and, as usual, a couple of days of it and I'm feeling really down. Ho hum.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The day after I posted about the wonders of Mirtazapine it became so much less effective.

I had my first dose of 30mg last night and it didn't really do much, I did fall asleep quicker than I would have without it (took me about 45 minutes) but I kept waking throughout the night.

Also, it seems that it's making me extremely irritable. I'm usually quite calm and control my anger but I've been chimping out at little things (or very close to it) for the past 10 days or so.

I'll go to my GP in a week and if things don't improve I'll probably have to try something else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my cunt friends have families that like each other which they're spending time with them today, so I've gone for a massive walk. Watching the United match in the pub and will probably arse around in here until 7ish. That or walk to another pub to grab some food.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    The day after I posted about the wonders of Mirtazapine it became so much less effective.

I had my first dose of 30mg last night and it didn't really do much, I did fall asleep quicker than I would have without it (took me about 45 minutes) but I kept waking throughout the night.

Also, it seems that it's making me extremely irritable. I'm usually quite calm and control my anger but I've been chimping out at little things (or very close to it) for the past 10 days or so.

I'll go to my GP in a week and if things don't improve I'll probably have to try something else.
    They can take weeks to settle in, ride it out lad. Doesn't matter that you've been on a lower dosage, your body has to adapt.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do y'all ever have periods where it's just hard to care about anything? I know I'm not depressed or anything, it will pass, but it's still annoying. I think it might have something to do with being away from my friends for a longer period, which is interesting because while I love my friends I don't see myself as being particularly reliant on them. I'm also seemingly finding it difficult to relax but that's probably because of applying to college and such.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's kinda how mine was. I was bored beyond belief but had no impetus to do anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel down. Probably because I've been drunk for the last three nights. Really didn't need to have gone out last night.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever have the feeling that your just going through the motions? Same shit different day?

In a bid to "mix things up" I've turned to meditation (lol). If eastern philosophy is to be believed it's the tits. At a base level I can see the postives and twenty minutes away from the girlfriend is a blessing. I've told her in no circumstances is she to interrupt me. Brilliant.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a thread about meditation on the old board after quite a few of us depressives (and some who aren't) said they did it and it helped them. You don't have to subscribe to eastern philosophy either.

You sound like you don't really like your girlfriend from everything you say on here. Maybe that's why things feel a bit shit for you?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep your girlfriend but meditate whenever you find yourself resenting her.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll probably just spend 20 minutes cracking one off thinking about the bird from work.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been at it a week or so now. 100% she thinks I'm tossing off.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    You sound like you don't really like your girlfriend from everything you say on here. Maybe that's why things feel a bit shit for you?
    She's an intelligent, caring, fun loving woman and one of the better things to happen in my life. At the moment it's hard to see those qualities through the toxic bullshit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    You'd be better served finding a new hobby or stepping outside your comfort zone.
    I'd go with this. Although, I guess he's doing both in his own way.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take up a sport if life's a bit dull, @Manc. Adults playing sport is underrated.

It's cool you're doing meditation, I heartily recommend it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any physical exertion outside of weightlifting would be hard to manage.

I'm all for going outside my comfort zone, but how?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Any physical exertion outside of weightlifting would be hard to manage.

I'm all for going outside my comfort zone, but how?
    Why?

Do music. Learn to code so that you can build cool shit. Hobbies are only really useful at alleviating this kind of feeling if they're legit involved hobbies, like not the kind of shit you do aimlessly. Sport is awesome as that, and gives you direction in the gym too. Maybe rock climbing?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could always "compete". Grab the oil, Foe and lets hit the beds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go and do a bungee jump. That'll sort you out.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    Why?

Do music. Learn to code so that you can build cool shit. Hobbies are only really useful at alleviating this kind ofu feeling if they're legit involved hobbies, like not the kind of shit you do aimlessly. Sport is awesome as that, and gives you direction in the gym too. Maybe rock climbing?
    There's no point in suggesting things you think he should be interested in because you're interested in them. Hobbies are things that you're interested in yourself.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and no-one must ever go beyond the boundaries they've reached thus far in life. All new experience is only a mirage leading to disappointment, resentment and self-loathing

Amen

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
    2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
    3 What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun?
    4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
    5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
    6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
    7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
    8 All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
    9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
    10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
    11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecclesiastes is fucking brutal

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    There's no point in suggesting things you think he should be interested in because you're interested in them. Hobbies are things that you're interested in yourself.
    The problem is that you need to try stuff to find out if it's your thing. The best thing to do with hobbies is try a wide range of things to see which ones tap into something and stick.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I'm not saying he has to do those things, i'm just giving them as examples. i don't even rock climb. The point is a hobby needs to be intense for it to actually get you feeling you're doing something. I think creating things is the most rewarding type of hobby. It can be crocheting if you want, but it's got to have tangible results. Thats why things like watching movies, collecting things etc don't really count as hobbies in my mind.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lad's having an existential crisis, and you're all telling him to download Clash of Clans and/or collect trainers. Give your lass the heave-ho, play it out six months, and if it's still bollocks do yourself in.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clash of Clans is taking the Western world by fire. I'll hold out for a while longer but honestly if the biggest dogs start playing that grind, which they have, then you've extended your grasp into every conceivable market, so I can't claim to be immune

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are like the cool one from Saved By The Bell, with your lingo.

Lol young people

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant game instead of grind, but the biggest dogs are always the biggest dogs...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting bored at work, last 2 week there is not alot of work so been training to pass Microsoft Exams. Not very motivated at the moment, and thinking of changing jobs.

Being bored at work sucks

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    ...and no-one must ever go beyond the boundaries they've reached thus far in life. All new experience is only a mirage leading to disappointment, resentment and self-loathing

Amen
    I don't know how you managed to garner that from what I said about people shoving their own interests down throats, but it sounds like you just wanted to get it out there anyway

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel absolutely horrible at the moment. It's a mixture of things but I haven't felt this bad for months.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do tell, Hammer.

I've kept up the meditation for three weeks now and although not enlightened the very act seems to be balancing my mood. Along with sitting in silence, I'm reading a tonne, exercising 4+ times a week and perhaps more importantly "touching base" with friends and family with regularity. I'm far from content, but it's a noticeable improvement.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a mixture of a few things. Relationship not working out the Iass was feeling really good about being the main thing, but also other stuff too. Got my pen and paper out when I got home from work and feel a lot better now.

Im lucky in that in general, unless something really shit has happened, i never seem to be down for more than a couple of days. I view it like a cold. I just keep an eye on it, keep trying to figure out what's lead me there, always have a pen and paper handy to write any insight that feels relevant as and when it comes to me, and just give it a bit of time to fuck off. I'm a lot more accepting when I'm feeling a bit rough nowadays too which has done me the world of good. I can just get on with letting it run its course rather than fighting it.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you're just a bit sad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, right.

Is there a criteria for the level of shitness (or numbness, whatevs) we need to be feeling before we can post on here? Are there any credentials I need to show? Because isn't that the kind of fuckhead remark that is so frowned upon when people are talking about this kind of stuff?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was harsh as well.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'If you experience some of these symptoms for most of the day, every day for more than two weeks, you should seek help from your GP.'

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depress.../Symptoms.aspx

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and what do you think helps alleviate those things before it gets to that stage? Talking about it, which is what I was doing. Tit.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't entirely serious with my first post.

But at the same time, being a bit sad for a few days because a girl at work didn't want to marry you kind of undermines actual depression by labelling it as such.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote where I called it depression.

Edit: And you know what? I've learned from experience what helps nip it in the bud and what doesn't, and talking about it helps. So fuck off anyway, as you've missed the point of the thread.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose it's implied by posting it in the "Depression" thread, but I still think Boyd's being a bit of a nobgobbler.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boydy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My depression is more serious than your depression. My depression could batter your depression.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say anything about myself.

Anyway, sorry Hammer. I was being a knob.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    My depression is more serious than your depression. My depression could batter your depression.
    Your depression would have its hands full.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't entirely serious with my first post.

But at the same time, being a bit sad for a few days because a girl at work didn't want to marry you kind of undermines actual depression by labelling it as such.
    I dunno. When my workplace relationship went tits up I felt shit for weeks. Cos, like, that lass is still working in the same office as you, like.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you're just a bit sad.
    Even though i knew this was coming, just the way it's written made me lol enough to near have to heimlich my toast back up.

Classic Boydy

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post

30's didn't do shit.

I went to my GP today and he said the other GP that I spoke to is a fool who is young enough to be his daughter.

He said that she should never have taken me off citalapram as she should have told me to use both. He's bumped me up to 45mg of mirtazapine and told me to take them with 20mg of citalapram a day.