User Tag List

Page 299 of 373 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,950 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to a CMLL show when I was in Mexico and while great the rules were the most confusing thing in the world.

Furthermore, most of those 23 falls matches are trios matches, with a caveat— each team has a captain and in order to win the fall, either the captain must be pinned or submitted, or both of the other members have to take separate falls.
    And then within that there's a 90 second period after a pin where rules no longer apply and they hit each other with DQ moves. It's bananas.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMLL is certainly unique. I prefer their wrestling style over AAA but it’s confusing as fuck if you’re not an avid watcher.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy booking time: They can save the Saraya/Britt Baker nonsense if it turns out Britt signed the doctor's note that cleared Saraya fit. Imagine a wrestler clearing someone for the express purpose of killing them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cocaine Tony letting a dentist sign off the medical clearances would be a good twist.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirty Mouth Doctor.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Fantasy booking time: They can save the Saraya/Britt Baker nonsense if it turns out Britt signed the doctor's note that cleared Saraya fit. Imagine a wrestler clearing someone for the express purpose of killing them.
    That would be cool. It's about the only thing they can do to save it. So far, Saraya (the babyface) has come off like a mark ("I'm coming back because I love this business" - urgh) while Baker (the heel) keeps dropping the truth and is getting more cheers.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The argument they had about whose house it is was puzzling as it's Swerve's house, he's even got a song about it and everything.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like the legal wranglings over The Yard all over again.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elite straight back into a title match and FTR unable to get on an 11 match card for Full Gear.

EVPs in full swing again already.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They finally gonna put the belt on Jamie Hayter? She was so over at one point, but now it seems like nobody cares again cos Saraya's bored everyone to death.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hayter is brilliant. But just add her to the list of people that have got over then been squandered.

Wardlow, Starks, FTR, Danielson…

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remembered Hook existed yesterday, where did he go?

I'm not as frothing about the elite returning in a title match, Dynamite has been on pause since they left (and half the main title scene went with them) so Tony has clearly been waiting to resume his original plans.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hook is another one. Powerhouse Hobbs as well maybe, although he needs a slow build.

I’m just done with the Elite. Omega was great from his IWGP Junior Heavyweight reign right up until winning the big one (his actual reign was the beginning of the end) but I’ve never “got” the Young Bucks appeal at all and they all act as if they’re superstars who have earned the right to dictate how a prime time national promotion should be run even though the biggest place they wrestled in America up until then was fucking Reseda. They just rode Cody’s coattails and got lucky they found a billionaire mark who wanted to play Total Extreme Wrestling in real life.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sound like Cornette. Like their wrestling or not they were a huge deal as part of Bullet Club and a big part of selling AEW as a viable promotion and the idea that any of us know what's going on behind the scenes is laughable, and anyway none of them holding titles for the first year or so rather goes against the narrative of them just booking themselves and their mates to win (which actually describes 75% of all wrestling ever). Minimising the success of Khan/AEW and insisting that very successful wrestlers were nobodies because they didn't go to NXT makes you look very silly, the fact that they were considered for leading roles in a new promotion having 'only wrestled Reseda' should demonstrate how valuable they were rather than the opposite. AEW has plenty of things wrong with it and I find some of their booking trends quite frustrating but the fact that they're compared to and expected to compete creatively with WWE is rather good from a standing start only three years ago.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want them to succeed. Even though I have a lot of gripes with their product (especially recently) I am more likely to endure a full AEW show than WWE but I just can’t get away with the Young Bucks. The final straw was a few months ago when the sensical rubber match with FTR for all the titles (which FTR would have won because they were immensely over) inexplicably went down the tubes in favour of the shitty trios tournament. I’m more of a NJPW fan so in my opinion Bullet Club wouldn’t have been any worse off without them. The whole Bullet Club invasion kind of derailed Ring of Honor. It’s sold a shit ton of merchandise in USA but Bullet Club has never done anything decent in the country; all the hype was from the NJPW marks. MJF was right.

And not going to NXT isn’t one of my arguments. I prefer wrestlers who didn’t go through the WWE system because it makes them all the same generic shite.
    Last edited by Ben; 18-11-2022 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling a big pile of t-shirts is enough (assuming you're Tony Khan or someone who runs a tv network) and I would argue that nobody was buying Bone Soldier merch. Agreed on the title bloat, there was a match a couple of weeks ago which ended with about 8 belts in the ring and it does render most of them pointless. I wonder if that's just a problem with american tv/sports in general, there's so much of everything that any individual part is pretty meaningless.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did Moxley wrestle on TV for the title a few weeks ago? Penta I think. That epitomises the title situation. Moxley vs. MJF was already official for Full Gear, so they had to say at the last moment it would be Penta vs. MJF if he won. Well absolutely nobody bought that so it made the title look less prestigious, but also Moxley gained nothing because he beat a guy who’s had no build towards the top of the card and it made Penta look a right geek for going into a match with absolutely no hope. Tony did it literally to have a decent match on TV. In that case it should be a non title match so people believe Penta at least has a slither of a chance.

If AEW had an actual booker they’ve got the tools to be really entertaining.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They seem to have realised that cos last nights women’s title match (Toni storm vs er, someone) was to be the first opponent for the winner of Toni Storm and Jamie Hayter at Full Gear.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything since the Punk debacle has seemed an afterthought, it's what makes me pleased to see the rest of them coming back because they'll probably get on with whatever was originally planned rather than dicking about. It is frustrating that the reaction to losing several of their better wrestlers was to wait around rather than utilise the rest of the good people on the roster. Cole, Page, Black, then four more after All Out must put a hole in your plans but there are plenty of others who could have been used better. They're still eminently more watchable than WWE and even with some ropey feuds there's a lot of good wrestling, it just seems like such a backward step compared to their earlier stuff.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Storm might retain and I wouldn’t be mad because Storm is good too but it would be great for Hayter to complete her rise. Having said that, Hayter can probably succeed with or without the title whereas I think Storm needs it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best 100% predictable title match ever? Page / Archer from earlier this year ended up being great fun.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1108636...pro-wrestling/

Lol.

Hopefully it's not Tony booking the gold medal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an awful, awful idea. Shut up, Jericho.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ... they'd need performers and bookers from the same country? And eliminate the idea of a bracket because, as soon as countries come up against each other, there's an obvious conflict?

You and your lofty ideas, Jericho.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it'd have to be standalone matches with judges you'd think. And fucking lol at getting impartial judges for pro wrestling styles from different countries.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you have two wrestlers from each country and they have match together. Most Meltzer stars wins.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Japan win by 17 stars every Olympics then.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Young bucks were at some indie show at some hole in Leicester I went to a few years ago, and after 7 pints, surrounded by what looked (and smelled) like some kinda CeX employees conference, seeing their flippy dippy bullshit in the middle of the card was pretty great tbf.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So Japan win by 17 stars every Olympics then.
    Only if it's in the Tokyo Dome.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opening five seconds of Rampage completely sum up JR.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched some bits of Smackdown. It's a shame both Ali / Ricochet and Dunne / Zayn didn't get more time but I suppose the latter was always likely to be in service of the Wargames build though. Still, Dunne winning is good if it means there's any chance at all we're getting him and Walter again.

(It'll be Boatman. )

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    The opening five seconds of Rampage completely sum up JR.
    Oh dear, that's pretty bad.

But then he's been pretty bad for a very long time now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only they had a couple more commentators then they could take him out of the booth.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's kind of depressing to see him carry on. His legendary ability to give a match a soundbite has long since vanished.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was he last actually good? Ten years ago? Fifteen? I remember even at the point when they were just wheeling him out for the odd Wrestlemania match he seemed like he was past it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His best play-by-play days were actually in Mid South and WCW. He was so iconic in the Attitude Era because of his emotion (especially when Austin was involved) but the Bell's Palsy really did a number on him when it first started in 1994 and progressively got worse from there; he was just so far ahead of the rest at the time (all the other greats had since retired) that it didn't become really noticeable until the mid 2000's.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot Full Gear was tonight, Kingston / Akiyama sounds intriguing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disco is JR confirmed.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling ppvs are on a Sunday and my brain is too old to accept anything different.

Also, buy my mustard or whatever.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically PREMIUM LIVE EVENTS can't compete well with the NFL on Sunday nights now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I’ll need a week to get through this PPV. The match times alone add up to 3 hours.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I think I’ll need a week to get through this PPV. The match times alone add up to 3 hours.
    Yeah I did laugh when I saw the length of the card. Madness.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Those flashbacks to previous Dome matches really show how much Kenny has aged since leaving. Injuries have caught up big time.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All caught up on Full Gear. Not sure what the internets general opinion of the PPV was but it thought it was outstanding. Main event was pretty bad but always to be expected when Mox is wrestling, and absolutely buzzing that MJF is finally the champion.

Wardlow was amazing (I don’t understand why it didn’t show any replays of his top rope awesomeness) and the pop for The Elite was incredible.

Seems like rather than tell JR to stop calling him Jack, Jungle Boys just changed his name to Jungle Boy Jack Perry. Also why do we get Mox’s wife’s input before most matches nowadays?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there was a bad match on the card, quite the feat given how dodgy some of the build up was.

I'm watching this NJ/Stardom show and goodness but there's a steep learning curve to get into Stardom.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW Full Gear is going to take me a while to get through. Two of the matches I want to watch are on the pre-show (I like Starks, and Akiyama is a legend).

NJPW/Stardom I might just have to watch the last two matches unless you recommend a particular random tag? Apparently the women's title match is brilliant.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching this NJ/Stardom show and goodness but there's a steep learning curve to get into Stardom.
    How so?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with any new promotion but with added language barriers. Plus (without wishing to sound like Cornette) there seems a definite trend in Joshi gear and I haven't seen enough to tell them all apart yet.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Japan is stuck in the 90's with regards to technology. Even NJPWWorld is clunky as fuck. AJPW's effort is still shocking. The best one really is DDT but their style is...unique.