User Tag List

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1543

Thread: Stocks & Shares & that

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the random stock front, I always see 'Corporate Universe' in my ticker of things [I assume as it must have been mentioned here before] and I can't for the life of me work out what it is. Seems to swing wildly every now and then [163% gain yesterday, back down again today?] but I'm not sure it ever has any liquidity or if it is even a thing. Obviously never dabbled.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along similar lines, what the fuck is this 3i thing?

It’s in the ftse but I’ve got absolutely no idea what it is.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you get sixty per cent off a hair transplant?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capped to £1500 a year, so I’d be doing it for decades to fill in the amount of bald I’ve got. A good suggestion though. I genuinely think I could.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't they just pay you an extra £1500? Is it some tax wheeze for them?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably gets them an extra bollocks investor in people accolade rank or something.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    On the random stock front, I always see 'Corporate Universe' in my ticker of things [I assume as it must have been mentioned here before] and I can't for the life of me work out what it is. Seems to swing wildly every now and then [163% gain yesterday, back down again today?] but I'm not sure it ever has any liquidity or if it is even a thing. Obviously never dabbled.
    I remember that from my pennystock gambling days. Good times.

It's a battery / charging station company. They own the patent for some fast charging tech but they were / are being investigated by The SEC.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I remember that from my pennystock gambling days. Good times.

It's a battery / charging station company. They own the patent for some fast charging tech but they were / are being investigated by The SEC.
    I need a new neonode to cancel out this dud. Was sitting about 50% down but last week or so just tanked a further 15%. Only shoved ina. Couple of hundred quid in. Genuinely thought about a grand and glad I didn’t.

American shares in general are volatile as fuck. I’m back in Tesla because it dropped 10% because I don’t know why. Blind faith it’ll just go back up.

Palantir too.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vinfast (VFS) launched on Nasdaq yesterday after partnership with Black Rock - apparently worth $85bn

Get shorting - the company has sold LITERALLY 200 cars in the US (and about 600 to other Vinfast companies) - massively, massively overvalued.

Short now.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, my site is rubbish. What platform are people using for trading?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never done a short or long. Always just an investor.

My holding of legal and general is obscene now. My strategy of “just keeping buying it” is like how not to invest 101.

Reckon it’s about 20-25% of my holding now. Fucked it.

My company does the old “save as you earn” plan which matured on Friday. 3 years of saving and the share price has doubled from the option price. now to get them in an isa and sell the fuckers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone likes to bet against companies, PodcastOne are about to go public next week and their initial price will be $8-12. However, they’re about to get tied up in a load of lawsuits because supposedly they've not passed on the advertiser’s payments to the podcast hosts and are basically strong arming them into taking stock as a way to get their money back.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I make money off this?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Never done a short or long. Always just an investor.

My holding of legal and general is obscene now. My strategy of “just keeping buying it” is like how not to invest 101.

Reckon it’s about 20-25% of my holding now. Fucked it.

My company does the old “save as you earn” plan which matured on Friday. 3 years of saving and the share price has doubled from the option price. now to get them in an isa and sell the fuckers.
    Any standard investment is "long" by definition. You're long on any stocks you own.

L&G are solid and you'll make a tidy dividend income, but the share price has been trading sideways for about 5 years. Great news if you're retired and living off dividend income. Shite if you're a pasty oil worker decades from perma-trampoline-bathing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Any standard investment is "long" by definition. You're long on any stocks you own.

L&G are solid and you'll make a tidy dividend income, but the share price has been trading sideways for about 5 years. Great news if you're retired and living off dividend income. Shite if you're a pasty oil worker decades from perma-trampoline-bathing.
    The most accurate post I’ve read on this thread.

Dividends

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm finally arriving onto the scene. Some AI fund as previously discussed is getting a fair chunk but I'm open to hear TTH's tips for elsewhere. My boy at work has tipped National Grid on the basis of the electric grid infrastructure needed for the electric car revolution which sounds tasty and the share price is currently riding pretty low.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    How do I make money off this?
    Sorry missed this. You need "short sells" so you borrow the stock, sell it at current market price, then buy it back later on to give back, hoping the price is lower. But you can lose money if the price goes up.

I've never done it before so in no way should you follow me but I'm balls deep in this tomorrow. It's expected to open at $8-12 which is very optimistic. If any of these lawsuits gain traction (they're trying to hush everyone up with money-as-stock payments but some of their bigger clients aren't caving) then it'll do well to be a worth $1 in 12 months. I'm also not convinced that the podcast boom hasn't peaked; PodcastOne have around 200 podcasts but that number isn't growing and they've lost a couple of big names already.
    Last edited by Ben; 06-09-2023 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben repeating Mellins mistakes, but with his own money.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, this is a sure thing. PayPal me anything you want and I'll keep a spreadsheet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're going to need a twitch. I like to watch by money bleed away in realtime.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a time that was.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now is probably a good time to start BazBot 2.0 tbh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    If anyone likes to bet against companies, PodcastOne are about to go public next week and their initial price will be $8-12. However, they’re about to get tied up in a load of lawsuits because supposedly they've not passed on the advertiser’s payments to the podcast hosts and are basically strong arming them into taking stock as a way to get their money back.
    Shame buying put options is a fucking nightmare because they're down at $1.78 already.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, I had my eye on that tip. Was the liquidity poor or what difficulties are there? Was it just Spikey and Co failing to tell you how to do it?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just guessing investor confidence drained when they found out a lot of the big podcasts in contract with a company PodcastOne absorbed just before the IPO were pursuing them for millions of stolen dollars. I only found out because I listen to one of the podcasts and they were talking about it in August. It was clear that they were trying to hush them all up and get them to sign with PodcastOne before the IPO but rather unexpectedly the podcasts told them to go fuck themselves and filed the lawsuits about a week after the IPO.

Kind of surprising a company as big as PodcastOne let this happen but for any listener of these podcasts it was plain as day what was going to happen to the stock if the allegations went public.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at the Genoa bond that has been launched. I thought that may be interesting... however, 2 minutes looking at their offer document and I 'aint touching it with a bargepole

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liquidated a scheme today for my gaff which more than doubled in value over three years, beautiful.

Also bought some shares in McDonald’s because it’s down 20% from a recent high and people like burgers.

Strategy remains scattergun. Success remains illusive.

Palantir is the most volatile stock I’ve ever seen. It’s all over the place.

Think I’m going to buy a box of Pokémon 151 cards if I can find them in celebration. Be a nice set to try and complete for the historic, or maybe that “celebrations” set. I’d love to recollect team rocket but I’d need to do that on eBay singles and bundles I think.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tesla shares shitting blood

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bitcoins gone crazy. Just sold about 30% of mine.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Vinfast (VFS) launched on Nasdaq yesterday after partnership with Black Rock - apparently worth $85bn

Get shorting - the company has sold LITERALLY 200 cars in the US (and about 600 to other Vinfast companies) - massively, massively overvalued.

Short now.
    $$$$$

Last edited by John Arne; 24-10-2023 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These tips really need to start coming with instructions of how to take advantage ffs.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually didn't make that much - there were some limits of the short options for some reason. Dodgy as fuck.

V.League is back, so head over to the Betting thread for some awful tips.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk me through Rivian someone.

Sitting at about 10% of the IPO, opening a large factory in Georgia to ramp up production of commercial and person EVs.

Tell me why I shouldn’t take a few grand gamble here.

Went balls deep in barrats and persimmon again in the dip, so that sweet inflation rate better keep falling.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also still holding neonode at about a 90% loss.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting at about 10% of the IPO, opening a large factory in Georgia to ramp up production of commercial and person EVs.

Went balls deep in barrats and persimmon again in the dip, so that sweet inflation rate better keep falling.
    Was up something like 8% on Friday. Got a small amount of it and will probably offload and rebuy if it falls to build a bit of buffer/contingency. I reckon it’s got potential to pop another 20-25% either direction though.

Need a decent December to meet a stretch 2023 target which would be swish. Sitting on some nice paper profit but don’t want to sell as they’re exposed to capital gains.

Current losers:
    Vodafone - seems too low, gotta turn eventually, right??
    Ford - incredibly volatile. Down about 40% from a recent high. Pays a good dividend.
    Palantir/rivian - bankruptcy risks, big upside
    Smith and nephew and legal and general - boring as fuck
    Harbour. Just a bad mistake and big hole
    Glencore - will bounce back

Current winners:
    Persimmon/taylor wimpey/barrats - up about 15% on paper, with lots more upside possible

Also bought the absolute top of nvidia ahead of the results looking to make a quick win.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up 9% today. Think it must’ve seen about a 20% swing in the last week alone.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep selling chunks of bitcoin and then it goes up again. Annoying! But also profitable.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MellCorp really should have stuck everything into Rolls Royce.

Good tip that if you ever read this Mellin.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search this thread for rolls Royce.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up another 11% today.

Also got tipped by a colleague at work about some small cap British semi conductor company I’ve never heard of so banged some into that. Gambling.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s my kind of shit right there.

IQE was the company, might be of interest to @Don I dipped in and out but I might get back in, need to be braver that it won’t go bust.

Rivian is going to soar, I think so I’m going to hold that one.

🇺🇸 > 🇬🇧

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ain't got time to research it till next week but what's their deal, why has their price crumbled and why are we thinking it'll bounce?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ll just have to google it for yourself…

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You filthy tease. As much as I like my Nvidia shares, it's not going to get me that silly return I'm on the hunt for so I'll see whether this is worth the punt.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t be punting large amounts here by any stretch.

It’s just a company or industry you seemed interested in. It’s also an AIM company so you don’t pay the stamp duty when you buy I don’t think.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harbour energy was a fucking rollercoaster this afternoon, but I’m out. That beautiful upswing today cancelled out all my losses.

Portfolio is actually looking quite healthy now, nothing more than about 8% down.

Bought a book to read so I can figure out what I should be doing. 🤓

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading a book by some dude “the naked trader” and trying to learn a few things.

1) never really thought about the buy/sell margins as I normally do ftse 100, but seems way more important at smaller shares
    2) stop losses seem a sensible idea - I’m only going to use them to “guarantee” profits on shares that are up I think, as I don’t really mind too much if ftse 100 shares dip, just another entry point for my strategy.

Think the whole “research small companies to find growth opportunities” will be a fun thing to give a go in 2024. I’ll probably set aside 10-15% of my capital to go in that as a bit of an experiment.

What websites do people use for research? This chap talks about Stockopedia, advfn and some market news website.

Finished the year way up (probably about 15% or so overall) using my crap strategy and protfolio is looking pretty good actually. Going to target 10% again next year and see where we get to. How did everyone else get on? Was the market volatility and recovery such that everyone did similar?

@Don IQE sitting at >24 now and I’ve been trying to get back in at 23odd. I’ll need to do some actual research on it using what I’m learning in this book, so it’ll be my first test and I’ll report back. I actually think it might be a no-go on the basis its last report wasn’t profit making though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just done my yearly recap calcs, and in a year where I didn't buy or sell any shares whatsoever, I'm up 12.5%.

Mostly void anyway, as the apartment value is down 4% (yay, bought at the top of the market) and the mortgage is huge.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Is that dividends or just unsold growth?

What sorts of companies are you in?