User Tag List

Page 283 of 342 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,150 of 17058

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has me right in the mood for some 6am towel on sunbed drama.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 27-04-2023 at 05:37 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the actual fuck?

The Brecon Beacons are to be renamed over concerns that the word “beacon” is out of step with the fight against climate change.

The national park will now be officially referred to as the “Bannau Brycheiniog” National Park, granting the landscape a Welsh name, and steering clear of any associations with historical signal fires.

Officials said the symbol of a flaming beacon emitting carbon “does not fit with the ethos” of the national park as an eco-friendly organisation.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...limate-change/

This is a joke, right?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wales is past help.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65433368 Makes me proud to be Barrovian

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a wanker.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://road.cc/content/news/austin-...ci-race-300971

I know it's a tactical sport but you can't undo those legs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "A week of nonsense"

Rofl.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    https://road.cc/content/news/austin-...ci-race-300971

I know it's a tactical sport but you can't undo those legs.
    Do transformers automatically go to number 1 in their sport?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only matters in proper sports lads. These lycra cunts do their best to make me late for work every morning. They deserve their misery.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The article mentions 50 other transformers in the sport so it's not a guarantee they'll be straight in with wins. However, Lia Thomas was something like 45th best as a bloke. This one took up cycling and then transitioned shortly after. At like, 23.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll have to do it like Le Mans, where birth females can win their class or whatever.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le *Cis Mans
    😡

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le Trans

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the trans people in sport is a genuine debate, and on balance I probs do think they shouldn't be allowed to compete with cis women, but I really hate mad terfs pretending to give a shit about women's sport when it suits them.

I'm pretty sure Glinner hasn't watched more than about half an hour of women's sport in his life, apart from maybe perving over netball a bit during the Olympics. It's also disingenuous, cus they're not really using it as a reason to ban trans women from women's sport - they actually just don't want them to exist at all.

it's also an example of how insane it is that people are readily accepting that trans women are the main threat to women, which is batshit. JK Rowling and co are happily getting into bed with very repressive people who are anti abortion and outwardly homophobic cus "at least they know what a woman is" - it's a monomaniacal cult.

there was a recent report about institutional misogyny in the police, and one of the main terfy journos Hadley Freeman posted this:

I mean, even if you're a bit uneasy about trans people for whatever reason, surely you should be able to see how deranged this is?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarah Everard died cus the met made them all put their pronouns in their email signature

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a rare instance of nailing it, I think Phonics is correct on this issue and everyone would benefit from just shutting the fuck up about it on both sides.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    I really hate mad terfs pretending to give a shit about women's sport when it suits them.
    It's not just the terfs though.

Unless Gianni today feels a terf, I guess.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tweet is an absolute fucking headache. What did he actually say? Words and context please.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mum's on Rowling's team and my brother is on the anti-Rowling side. They usually start arguing about it when we're all in the house, and that's when I head outside to smoke an imaginary cigarette (I've got through a few packs of those over the years) because honestly it's an unsolvable debate.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    In a rare instance of nailing it, I think Phonics is correct on this issue and everyone would benefit from just shutting the fuck up about it on both sides.
    wow spikez, not like you to take the "both sides are stupid" middle ground option !

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which ironically is how it's been for the last 30 years before all this shit kicked off. There's one 'side' that's started this, kept it going and refuses to let it lie until every single person publicly agrees with them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    That tweet is an absolute fucking headache. What did he actually say? Words and context please.

I thought the same. Took me quite a while to figure out who was being criticised and what for, which I find is often the case with these twitter exchanges [probably still got it wrong].

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The editors who confect outrage about rainbow helmets or dancing at carnival have not been digging in to police malfeasance for decades because as Leveson/Daniel Morgan etc demonstrate, they are often far too close to senior officers."

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My reading was O'Brien was criticising the media/editorial establishment for not properly investigating the old bill, and this other lunatic has gone in with both feet on a completely unrelated issue.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've got it now. Is Twitter's mission to give everyone brain damage?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    My mum's on Rowling's team and my brother is on the anti-Rowling side. They usually start arguing about it when we're all in the house, and that's when I head outside to smoke an imaginary cigarette (I've got through a few packs of those over the years) because honestly it's an unsolvable debate.
    I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to show me something transphobic Rowling has said. My Mum and one of my sisters takes the stance of your brother and neither of them were able to.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow spikez, not like you to take the "both sides are stupid" middle ground option !
    I don't think it's even that they're stupid, it's just peak culture war. It's not even about Trans people anymore, it's just Loony Lefties and Fascist Feminazi's taking chunks out of each other and fuck the real world impact on the Trans Community and Women.

The world is more transphobic today than it was 10 years ago, meanwhile I would argue it's less homophobic. I'm not going to extrapolate too far from there, but I willing to wager that atleast some of that is purely because the attention isn't on gay people anymore.

There's no benefit in being the hot issue of the day.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's even that they're stupid, it's just peak culture war. It's not even about Trans people anymore, it's just Loony Lefties and Fascist Feminazi's taking chunks out of each other and fuck the real world impact on the Trans Community and Women.

The world is more transphobic today than it was 10 years ago, meanwhile I would argue it's less homophobic. I'm not going to extrapolate too far from there, but I willing to wager that atleast some of that is purely because the attention isn't on them anymore.

There's no benefit in being the hot issue of the day.
    aye, but it's kinda the same with gay rights - I'm sure the stonewall riots, in the short term, made a lot of people more consciously homophobic, but these are necessary steps. you have to resist. it's all well and good saying that trans people should keep their heads down or whatever, but that won't help anything in the long run.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's far less transphobic than 10 years ago. More prominence to the debate, but I would suggest the majority effect of that is that more people alter their behaviour. 10 years ago all and sundry would chuck around tranny remarks in normal life, much less of it now.

Same thing happened with homophobia. The reason it's less homophobic now is because there was a raging debate or whatever for years and eventually it got to critical mass whereby instead of calling people faggots, most people switched to not doing so.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 03-05-2023 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which ironically is how it's been for the last 30 years before all this shit kicked off. There's one 'side' that's started this, kept it going and refuses to let it lie until every single person publicly agrees with them.
    almost word for word what people said about gay people 50 years ago. which is also the case with most of the other language of fear and division used by transphobic people.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aye, but it's kinda the same with gay rights - I'm sure the stonewall riots, in the short term, made a lot of people more consciously homophobic, but these are necessary steps. you have to resist. it's all well and good saying that trans people should keep their heads down or whatever, but that won't help anything in the long run.
    Part of the problem seems to be that there are a load of people who're completely fucked off with the issue that are mistaken for transphobes as a result. They've got no issue with trans people, but they do have an issue with the hanging on twats (of which there are seemingly many) that have zero sense of reason and aren't even fighting for a cause that affects them, so fuck knows how they'll know when they've 'won'.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    almost word for word what people said about gay people 50 years ago. which is also the case with most of the other language of fear and division used by transphobic people.
    Conflating homosexuality with this issue is such a red herring. There weren't millions of people who had nothing to do with being homosexual raging for their cause on Twitter (or in the town square) and demanding we change language, basic biological definitions and sporting eligibility. You just don't get to do those things and expect to come off favourably with the people you're trying to change the minds of.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean that Trans people should keep their heads down. I mean their "allies". They should essentially take the position that alot of Black Americans do; "if you aren't black, don't speak on black matters".

Of course, me saying this is complete hypocrisy, but I am a straight white man (with a bit of seasining), so that's my right, soz.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many sports transformers have fully committed and had their cock off, that's the question.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the allies that are the problem and that's who I meant by a side.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the problem seems to be that there are a load of people who're completely fucked off with the issue that are mistaken for transphobes as a result. They've got no issue with trans people, but they do have an issue with the hanging on twats (of which there are seemingly many) that have zero sense of reason and aren't even fighting for a cause that affects them, so fuck knows how they'll know when they've 'won'.
    the hanging on twats who are fighting for a cause that doesn't effect them? you mean like...allies? again, substitute in straight people fighting for gay rights in the 60s and it's exactly the same language.

also "completely fucked off with the issue and mistaken for transphobes"? which issues would they be?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also "completely fucked off with the issue and mistaken for transphobes"? which issues would they be?
    The insistence in changing language, basic biological definitions and sporting eligibility.

Which frankly are a ludicrous set of demands.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conflating homosexuality with this issue is such a red herring. There weren't millions of people who had nothing to do with being homosexual raging for their cause on Twitter (or in the town square) and demanding we change language, basic biological definitions and sporting eligibility. You just don't get to do those things and expect to come off favourably with the people you're trying to change the minds of.
    again, "have nothing to do with it" is a total non argument.

and again I really don't think the emergence of phrases like cis, or occasionally companies and organizations getting a bit heavy handed talking about ovary-having-humans instead of women is actually that much of an issue. the sports stuff, yeah, I think it's a reasonable thing to discuss

I also think talking about this as MILLIONS of people RAGING is bit citation needed.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The insistence in changing language, basic biological definitions and sporting eligibility.

Which frankly are a ludicrous set of demands.
    not all trans people are making these demands, but it certainly benefits transphobes to make people think that they are.

like I said before, it's all a bit "you can't even say Christmas anymore"

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what's the end game with the gay rights comparison? We now know that previous generations should have accepted gay people much more willingly so we should cut to the chase with (this completely different issue) and accept EVERYTHING the rabid allies are asking for?

How does that even work?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean that Trans people should keep their heads down. I mean their "allies". They should essentially take the position that alot of Black Americans do; "if you aren't black, don't speak on black matters".

Of course, me saying this is complete hypocrisy, but I am a straight white man (with a bit of seasining), so that's my right, soz.
    yeah I think this a pretty terrible argument, cus people are actively trying to chip away at the rights of trans people, so they need support from non trans people. when terfs turn up to do their lame protests, and shout about men in dresses, are you suggesting only trans people should turn up to counter protest? it's a mental argument.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what's the end game with the gay rights comparison? We now know that previous generations should have accepted gay people much more willingly so we should cut to the chase with (this completely different issue) and accept EVERYTHING the rabid allies are asking for?

How does that even work?
    accept EVERYTHING the rabid allies are asking for? what the fuck are you on about?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not all trans people are making these demands, but it certainly benefits transphobes to make people think that they are.
    I don't think all trans people or even many of them at all are making any of these demands. My guess would be that a lot of them are wishing this would all just go away so they can go back to living in relative peace, without everyone they meet tip toeing around them. Like I said above, it's the allies and supporters that seem to be the ones who are.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some mad cunts might want to have cis gender legally included in people's passports and for literally anyone who fancies it to take part in women's sport and so on, but the vast majority just want trans people to be free from prejudice and to be allowed to live their lives.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    accept EVERYTHING the rabid allies are asking for? what the fuck are you on about?
    The stuff I've said above. Why do you keep conflating the issue with homosexuality in the 60s?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some mad cunts might want to have cis gender legally included in people's passports and for literally anyone who fancies it to take part in women's sport and so on, but the vast majority just want trans people to be free from prejudice and to be allowed to live their lives.
    Well, yeah, who wouldn't want that for everyone. They need to shut the fringe element up then (it feels larger than a fringe, but let's go with that) as they're really not doing the movement any favours.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I think this a pretty terrible argument, cus people are actively trying to chip away at the rights of trans people, so they need support from non trans people. when terfs turn up to do their lame protests, and shout about men in dresses, are you suggesting only trans people should turn up to counter protest? it's a mental argument.
    No, I am saying that allies largely don't care what Trans people want, they just want their own voices to be heard, and then they end up giving the Daily Mail easy headlines when they say some stupid shit and it's Trans people on the receiving end of it.

Support Trans people, cool, just don't try to take over.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there you've nailed it. It's the mad ones that need to shut up and the Trans Community should probably tell them to. The Daily Mail isn't interested in reasonable people.