Results 8,851 to 8,900 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Speaking of people being idiots.

What is wrong with people? How desperate can you be for junk food that you’d queue for that long?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to a McDonald's in a busy urban area now (at a normal non-virus time, obviously) they are always absolutely rammed, and if you time it badly they can be apocalyptic. There's a certain breed of youngster post-2010 that will only eat their favourite junk food brands and it's usually McDonald's. Add in the ubiquitous eastern European motorbike runners taking inexplicably large delivery orders of 15/20 meals (I presume to drug dens) and it's a recipe for hell.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to a McDonalds in Spain at around 9 and it was absolutely rammed.

It seemed like most of the town as everyone knew everyone else.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how takeaways will text you when your order's delivered? Fast food places should do that for when your order's done. Place it, fuck off for ten minutes, pick up once the text is in.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten minutes to get a Mcds? The fuck. 2/3 mins max even when there’s a queue.

Surely you get Ubereats too

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, why the fuck does the army feel the need to shoot bullets all night long during a pandemic.

Swear it’s louder than it usually is. Twats. The firing times say until midnight but I call bullshit on that.
    Last edited by Waffdon; 20-05-2020 at 10:03 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put your hands behind your head and they'll stop.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a silencer on that shit. I mean, fuck. At least they stop at the weekend, I guess.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not been following developments too much but I see they're not only going through with this contact-tracing dream with that no doubt dogshit app, they've hired a load of thick cunts to crunch the data? One of the melts was on the news with his pixelated face as if he was talking about being raped but actually, he was just outing all his buddies as not having any work to do and wasting time on their phones instead. What a cunt. And Bojo's slapped on some target to get it all up and running by next week or whenever

And yep, not a single fuck given by the public outside today. You really cannot get in the way of an Eastern European troupe and a BBQ.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dates mentioned around that app have 'box ticking' exercise written all over them. We genuinely don't have a clue how to deal with this and if we don't sort our shit out it's going to fuck us hard.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I don't think anyone reasonable was expecting that they get fewer short-term deaths through their approach. The concept is that on the long term it will have been a healthier approach.
    Yeah that's fair. Im also a dick for posting an article with zero details.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not surpised that the woke scolding capital of Australia is also the taddling capital of Australia.

Victorians report suspected breaches of coronavirus restrictions in record numbers
    More than 102,000 calls were received in April, compared to nearly 71,000 in March — a 30 per cent increase
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...aches/12270018

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is more entertaining than State of Origin.

Not going to be lectured to': Queensland doubles down on state border blue

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...21-p54v29.html
    Last edited by Queenslander; 21-05-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that 1 June is my official return date, so the question is do I immediately start booting off about my delayed pay upgrade or give it a day or two?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the park yesterday and had a picnic and it was absolutely heaving. Zero point in the lockdown continuing as it's done.

Pub was selling takeout pints and pizzas. It was basically a festival.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does read like you were doing your bit to make sure it's over.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah no doubt. I was in the park enjoying the sun and licking random strangers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you said lockdown is done because the park was heaving. Do you and whoever you were with not contribute towards the heaving?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sun + decreased community transmission + half the country being on furlough is going to lead to some horrendous scenes which I'm quite glad to be avoiding, in my beautiful office, where the toilets are like those on a warship, and the light fittings make more noise than the people.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Well, you said lockdown is done because the park was heaving. Do you and whoever you were with not contribute towards the heaving?
    Yes?

It's an observation that any pretence of a lockdown is done. Saying that, we were two metres from the people we were meeting (mostly) and from others (always).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even that arsed about lockdown being broken now. It's inevitable if you have a government and a bunch of wanker scientific advisers that seem to be perpetually rudderless.

This weekend is going to be carnage.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Yes?

It's an observation that any pretence of a lockdown is done. Saying that, we were two metres from the people we were meeting (mostly) and from others (always).
    It came across like it was the fault of others and nothing to do with you. Maybe you didn't mean it that way or I misinterpreted, but If you were meeting people then you broke it and were contributing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, I reckon people are mostly decent judges of things, and I also reckon community transmission is through the floor now. We're just at the mercy of our overlords in guessing when various facets of life should be safe to open up.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It came across like it was the fault of others and nothing to do with you. Maybe you didn't mean it that way or I misinterpreted, but If you were meeting people then you broke it and were contributing.
    Yeah, thought it may have come across as judging of others - in all honesty, the message has been to use "common sense" (as Jimmy says) and we tried to apply our version of it.

Over a picnic.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Victorian Police would bash your head in for that...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some stupid rules in life. The problem here is that this one now seems stupid because it was put in place to avoid the peak swamping the NHS, which we avoided quite a while ago now. Maybe it wasn't solely put in place for that reason, but that's what all the rhetoric said for weeks. Weeks which felt like months because we were all adjusting to time having a different feeling.

So in our minds, months have passed since we avoided the peak and actual weeks have. Now I can get on a crowded tube train, but I'm still not allowed to go and sit in my Sister's palatial garden (not flexing, just trying to illustrate the space) even if I distance while doing it.

The rules make little sense, we don't really know why they're in place to the level they are still or what will now actually have to happen to change them (I know there are 5 requirements, but they're ridiculous, so you can forget those) and the messaging from the government (who seem obsessed with introducing and failing to meet new targets) and the wanker scientific advisers (who seem obsessed with debunking the accepted scientific approach the rest of the world is following) is just piss poor. Which leads to a vacuum, where people will people.

Continue on this path and it won't be long before almost everyone is breaking lockdown and businesses think fuck it and do their own thing as well.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common sense as a phrase / concept is usually used idiotically anyway because if it was indeed common sense we wouldn't need to talk about it.

If you say or imply that people can do whatever they think is right they'll do what people always fucking do, which is assume that it's only other people who have to make sensible decisions and anything that might come of it isn't their fault. Hence pictures of parks and beaches absolutely chock full of people.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have people on Facebook posting pictures of their kids in their paddling pools with their mates. It's done Yev, the government just haven't caught up yet. There does seem to be a minimum of a 3 week lag on everything they do, so atleast they're consistent. Go see your sister.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP England.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There won't be a second wave because of people going to the beach now. There might be a cluster if we reopened nightclubs and everyone resumed tonguing each other's tonsils.

I just don't see the evidence from anywhere else that a second wave is imminent, no matter how many people use it as a dismissive scare threat. That'll only happen if there's a new strain which gets into the country and everything is back open. That is months off at worst.

We should be cautiously reopening things from this point, one at a time, assessing as we go.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 21-05-2020 at 09:33 AM.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seethe when the SECOND WAVE doesn't happen.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will you be travelling to Europe?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mid-October.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever they let us. There are areas of Spain and Portugal which will turn into withering third world husks without British tourism, so I can only imagine it will be at the earliest opportunity.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    The seethe when the SECOND WAVE doesn't happen.
    Who mentioned one?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cambridge have decided that all lectures will be online for the entirety of the next academic year. Seems a bit premature, lol

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the daily new cases at the minute?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    There won't be a second wave because of people going to the beach now. There might be a cluster if we reopened nightclubs and everyone resumed tonguing each other's tonsils.

I just don't see the evidence from anywhere else that a second wave is imminent, no matter how many people use it as a dismissive scare threat. That'll only happen if there's a new strain which gets into the country and everything is back open. That is months off at worst.

We should be cautiously reopening things from this point, one at a time, assessing as we go.
    I love when you type dirty.

But that's pretty much it, outdoor transmission is relatively small so as long as you're missing out on the tube or the bus and not packed into rooms for extended periods of times then as long as you're <60 and not morbidly obese/broken lungs then you're taking an "acceptable risk". I have no idea how you reintegrate the older sorts.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Who mentioned one?
    Everyone. Every picture the comments are always 'won't be laughing when they all die hahahaha' fucking lunatics. Think it was Jimmy that said if the Nazis took over we'd be fighting to all get in the Gestapo. Shit country full of absolutely shit people.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Cambridge have decided that all lectures will be online for the entirety of the next academic year. Seems a bit premature, lol
    Academics will be the last people to resume face to face contact, I'd have thought, most of them hate even having to look at the undergraduate scum who pay their wages at the best of times.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Academics will be the last people to resume face to face contact, I'd have thought, most of them hate even having to look at the undergraduate scum who pay their wages at the best of times.
    Their self-protectionism and sneering has been unbearable.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many old people anyway. Reopen everything. They can die or stay at home.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fabled second peak isn't even really a consideration for me. We got to where we did with the first one by literally doing nothing to change for two months, while we knew there'd be a problem for two months.

We'd have to go some to even get close to that again. Seeing family, in their gardens, sure as shit won't do it.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep going out, mates. Let’s get a second wave so i can continue to work from home until at least October.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I know it looks like-"

No it doesn't LOOK like that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quality.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down on Madeira Drive.

The good folk of Brighton really have been leading the charge in STICKING IT TO THE MAN on this one, somewhat surprisingly.

"An classic" though, so who comes out looking the bigger twat?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1230 to see what the ice queen's plans are. It will be exactly the same as BoJos.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some stupid rules in life. The problem here is that this one now seems stupid because it was put in place to avoid the peak swamping the NHS, which we avoided quite a while ago now. Maybe it wasn't solely put in place for that reason, but that's what all the rhetoric said for weeks. Weeks which felt like months because we were all adjusting to time having a different feeling.

So in our minds, months have passed since we avoided the peak and actual weeks have. Now I can get on a crowded tube train, but I'm still not allowed to go and sit in my Sister's palatial garden (not flexing, just trying to illustrate the space) even if I distance while doing it.

The rules make little sense, we don't really know why they're in place to the level they are still or what will now actually have to happen to change them (I know there are 5 requirements, but they're ridiculous, so you can forget those) and the messaging from the government (who seem obsessed with introducing and failing to meet new targets) and the wanker scientific advisers (who seem obsessed with debunking the accepted scientific approach the rest of the world is following) is just piss poor. Which leads to a vacuum, where people will people.

Continue on this path and it won't be long before almost everyone is breaking lockdown and businesses think fuck it and do their own thing as well.
    Mate, alert level = R + Number of deaths. How clear do you want it?

But yeah, whs. They're not re-opening because the NHS is probably not ready yet but lack of transparency and logic is going to be the ruin of them.

I don't understand this. The R number of the virus lends itself to exponential growth, the only way there won't be a second wave is if it's all been dreamt up by Bill Gates.