0 Thread(s)

The wolves have struck and their victim was:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Is Jimmy trolling at this point? His posts are starting to really ring alarm bells.
    I'm just trying to rattle the wolf pack. They're probably sitting around in their council lair smoking cheap roll-ups thinking the job is done, but oh no it isn't, as they are soon to discover.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raaaas

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's wankworthy

I can't share s/s any more so you're on your own.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    You should be next though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepe's last post is all kinds of lol now.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's day again.

You can nominate now. I'll close nominations at 1pm tomorrow. Then voting can go on until 8pm.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Pepe's last post is all kinds of lol now.
    I can't believe he'd be that stupid though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real question here is: At what point do we decide that the wolves killed someone because they thought he was the seer vs killed someone in order to incriminate other people?

Or in other words: Is it worth considering whether the people Taz pointed fingers at are suspicious or is it a diversion from the wolves?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to look at who he pointed fingers at and couldn't find much. AD I think?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    I was trying to look at who he pointed fingers at and couldn't find much. AD I think?
    I'll have to go back to his posts but he was talking about AD, niko and you I think? Could be other people talking about that though and I'm just misremembering things.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they probably just killed him because he's an active player using reasonable logic.

There are now 19 left, we have to assume that 5 of them could be wolves, then there must be at least one seer, so he's had a one in five chance of landing a wolf each night from the start and now it's nearer one in four. By the law of averages, he is more likely to have one by now than not.

Would say suspicions have to go towards a couple of the keener Mahow-killers (we really saved them a job there) and people who have benefited from the later second nominations to spread the field.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AD and thommo wasn't it?

I think we have a quick decision to make about that Pepe post. Was it innocent and a coincidence or was it a nice little double bluff play with the idea being that everyone goes "haha no way would they risk that"?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see past Jimmy right now. He's just being... odd

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also would put huge suspicion on anyone doubting me, wolfies would fucking love the town to vote me off. They'd wank themselves into September.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite risky to be a double bluff, is it not? I think it's just a random post personally.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't random. Last day, I checked who had voted for both our first two lynches, and his name (and niko's) came out. I thought it was at least something to go by, so I thought we could put some pressure on him. Now obviously that theory is gone down the drain.

EDIT: I still think it is very unlikely that not a single wolf voted for both of our first lynch choices. That leaves us with niko and bruh (and me).
    Last edited by Pepe; 02-05-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another active player gone a loss to the village regardless if what stock you put in the spreadsheet.

The Pepe thing was just hilariously poor timing I think.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I'm just trying to rattle the wolf pack. They're probably sitting around in their council lair smoking cheap roll-ups thinking the job is done, but oh no it isn't, as they are soon to discover.
    In all honesty, if they'd given anything away at this stage they'd have to have been pretty useless. We just haven't struck lucky with our votes/nominations.

The more it goes on though, the more the quieter members need to be looked at, or increase their activity. Whenever there is so little to go on, they become more suspicious.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 3 for 3 on voting villagers dead. Can anyone match that?

I'm sure some latter day Hercule Poirot will be along to point it out so I'll just acknowledge now it doesn't look great.

Without looking back in any detail I still find it weird neither Manc nor Browning voted to save themselves, and that late surge was maybe interesting. I also have no idea why people would be disinterested with being a villager. It's clearly the best role.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post

I'm sure some latter day Hercule Poirot will be along to point it out so I'll just acknowledge now it doesn't look great.

Without looking back in any detail I still find it weird neither Manc nor Browning voted to save themselves, and that late surge was maybe interesting. I also have no idea why people would be disinterested with being a villager. It's clearly the best role.
    I had a vote change lined up in another tab and ready to go, I never needed it. I was the first person to vote, and voted for who I thought was the most likely wolf. When it became clear my vote was wasted, I was just waiting to change it, but wasn't going to do it so soon so that all the "just tightening it up lol" votes would hit me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say that. I get where you're coming from, but the wolves still have to play the hide and seek game and also find who the seer is, and seer/doctor/hunter are basically like villagers but with a bit of extra fun. As a villager, the game is as fun as you want it to be, that said.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I get where you're coming from, but the wolves still have to play the hide and seek game and also find who the seer is, and seer/doctor/hunter are basically like villagers but with a bit of extra fun. As a villager, the game is as fun as you want it to be, that said.
    Wolves obviously need to 'play the game', but it's always an anti-climax if/when you find out that most of them were just people barely posting or doing much. That's not really playing the game, it's just doing nothing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't expect Taz to go yet. Another one that adds value to the game, whether you like his style or not.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for inactivity fellas, I've had some exams due this week.

I agree with Spikey about Jimmy seeming a little odd, but he might just be losing it counting the days since he's laid eyes on anyone except his boss. That last post though is either some real egotism or trying to hint at being a seer, which, yeah, not sure what we do with that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we taking Sunday off or something?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it’s just fucking pointless actually playing cos you get hounded out.

I’ve lost interest after Mahow was voted out and @bruhnaldo was pretty much bullied off the forum. I’m still keeping tabs on things but I don’t really care.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always used to use the weekend as one game day as it was much quieter, but not sure how much that applies in the New World.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminder you've got until 1pm for nominations.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bullied himself off the forum if anything.

I nominate Lofty (first nomination)

His posts come across as far too careful and studied for my liking.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You actively advocated lynching Mahow. @Baz

I assume Bruh is off as it's the weekend and he only posts from work. Either that or he's given up in shame or played the mother of all wolf bluffs. I've been trying to update a voting spreadsheet but I'm not sure it yields much and is a colossal ball ache to trawl back through that day. Think I'm up to day 3 now though so I'll be along shortly with some wildly misguided insight.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate Lofty (second nomination).

Let's get some people up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time to call out some of those who are quiet and contributing little, but do just about enough to keep their heads above the parapet. Not sure I've used that term correctly.

I nominate Byron (first nomination).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bullied himself off the forum if anything.

I nominate Lofty (first nomination)

His posts come across as far too careful and studied for my liking.
    Being careful and considered like advising against risking a double lynching which your vote change nearly facilitated?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to have time to think about this before one, so, there's something about Baz that doesn't sit quite right with me. Losing interest after having the thing he wanted to happen happen seems odd, as was his AD prediciton post. If AD is a wolf then he's come alarmingly close twice so kudos to him.

The same goes for Jimmy, but the things that make me worry about him don't necessarily stand up to scrutiny. I thought he seemed to be vote changing a lot, but he hasn't been, and that 2nd round vote change struck me as odd (as it did Taz) but it was explicable. His whole posting shtick seems a bit off.

I nominate Baz (first nomination)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to warn you, Niko, I was having a bowl of soup yesterday (chicken and vegetable) and as I was swirling it around the bowl to cool it down at the start, a carrot and several bits of celery seemed to spell out NIKO and then formed the shape of a howling wolf's head. You're next.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your posting does look a bit like you lent the password to someone else for the weekend.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to warn you, Niko, I was having a bowl of soup yesterday (chicken and vegetable) and as I was swirling it around the bowl to cool it down at the start, a carrot and several bits of celery seemed to spell out NIKO and then formed the shape of a howling wolf's head. You're next.
    This is going to be awkward for all concerned if the wolves eat me tonight.

Particularly me in that scenario.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn I missed a lot last night.

I nominate Pepe. "No double lynch lads, no double lynch". Similar vibe to Amazon going "ohh nooo everybody's quarantined" and then making record profits. Actually, plenty of his posts have given off that scent to me. I don't know how to take the whole Taz thing but I was already probably going to nominate Pepe before that happened and I could easily believe it's a double bluff

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to have time to think about this before one, so, there's something about Baz that doesn't sit quite right with me. Losing interest after having the thing he wanted to happen happen seems odd, as was his AD prediciton post. If AD is a wolf then he's come alarmingly close twice so kudos to him.

The same goes for Jimmy, but the things that make me worry about him don't necessarily stand up to scrutiny. I thought he seemed to be vote changing a lot, but he hasn't been, and that 2nd round vote change struck me as odd (as it did Taz) but it was explicable. His whole posting shtick seems a bit off.

I nominate Baz (first nomination)
    I'm putting Baz's supposed lack of interest down to the fact his hunch didn't pay off. Anyone being a bit meh over the whole thing could easily be put down to our current (ie real world) circumstances.

Jimmy just needs to see a doctor.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second Pepe

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    I'm putting Baz's supposed lack of interest down to the fact his hunch didn't pay off. Anyone being a bit meh over the whole thing could easily be put down to our current (ie real world) circumstances.

Jimmy just needs to see a doctor.
    I nominate Baz (Second nomination)

Either it's a lack of interest or the wolves donned us silly with a power play that had a massive vote swing from AD to Mahow, with some 'I'm gonna post like I'm a seer and beg for protection then immediately walk it back like Donald Trump' shenanigans. Either way I'm not convinced and things still need explaining.

We're all writing off Jimmy's odd behaviour but it's definitely a game strategy, I just can't tell if he is trying to tell us something or is double bluffing us.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate AyDee (first nomination)

He keeps coming up, I know, but there's something I'm not keen on about Baz's (successful) attempt to save him.

Both wolves, I reckon, despite Baz's play being extremely reckless, initially, if that is the case.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s down to the fact that the person who was putting most effort into the game was treated terribly, so much so that he’s quit posting and god knows what else.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It’s down to the fact that the person who was putting most effort into the game was treated terribly, so much so that he’s quit posting and god knows what else.
    As if you care about another human

Did he owe you money or something?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time to call out some of those who are quiet and contributing little, but do just about enough to keep their heads above the parapet. Not sure I've used that term correctly.

I nominate Byron (first nomination).
    For the record I would recommend someone gets Byron on the ballot for the same reason I nominated Lofty, it's all been a bit stage-managed by those two.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    As if you care about another human

Did he owe you money or something?
    You're absolute scum, you know that?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second Byron

I'm not convinced, so I may not vote that way, but it's pointless having a ballot with very limited options, especially when Baz is clearly just the new Manc (villager who doesn't give a shit).

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nominations closed. Voting open.

Byron - nominated by ScousePig, seconded by Browning.
    Baz - nominated by Niko, seconded by Lofty.
    Pepe - nominated by Mugbull, seconded by Spikey.
    Lofty - nominated by Jimmy - AyDee.

Byron - Baz - Pepe - Lofty

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Byron - Baz - Pepe - Lofty

Let's see what Jimmy is made of then.