Page 28 of 581 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    People are also too predictable with their panic buying. Having got pasta and rice slowly up to the max a couple of weeks ago, I've been going in on things like tinned fruit (which is weirdly untouched everywhere), peanut butter, Nutella, porridge, dried apricots, filled pasta (good best before on that) and, of course, cake.

Frozen pizzas also in the freezer to capacity.
    The toilet roll panic is the best. What part of being stuck in their own houses for a couple of weeks makes people terrified of a dirty arse? You have a shower you soppy cunts.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post
    You have to stir it. The lid even tells you the separation is natural.
    Still though. I know they’re all full to the gills with oil but I don’t want to see it separated sitting on top. It’s far too lumpy anyway.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best peanut butter is made with 100% peanuts, or at worst a pinch of salt. And it has to be crunchy. Chop up an apple and throw a blob of peanut butter on top and go to town.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a gateway into having your dog lick it off your cock.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    The toilet roll panic is the best. What part of being stuck in their own houses for a couple of weeks makes people terrified of a dirty arse? You have a shower you soppy cunts.
    How are you going to start the trash can fires without toilet paper?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China accusing th America Army of being patient zero is good banter.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It's a science circle jerk that he's gone along with because it'll put him up there with the great leaders of our time if it's pulled off.
    Just imagine, Boris winning Wimbledon as a 95° Great British Summer rolls in to save the day.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debating whether to pop to Tesco in an hour or two rather than mingle with the fucking masses tomorrow. Can't imagine much will be on the shelves past mid-morning with all the fucking drama merchants out in full force, shovelling bog roll and pasta into their trolleys.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just do your shopping online you spastics.

We had ours delivered this morning. Nothing out of stock. 2 'substitutions'. The online shops are done in the early morning before the shops open.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just do your shopping online you spastics.

We had ours delivered this morning. Nothing out of stock. 2 'substitutions'. The online shops are done in the early morning before the shops open.
    Can't get anything delivered for a week here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Order a week ahead then. You can edit your order up until midnight the night before.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Order a week ahead then. You can edit your order up until midnight the night before.
    I need toilet paper sooner.

I'm not stockpiling.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you live, Oxford? If you try hard enough early tomorrow morning you'll find it within the first 6 shops.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need toilet paper sooner.

I'm not stockpiling.
    You don't have to. Do a normal shop tomorrow, then go home and do a shop for next Saturday. Order any old shit. It doesn't matter. Then, before midnight on Friday amend your order to what you actually want.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd genuinely rather go tonight to avoid the crowds (not the virus, actual moron people) and once I have the basics I need I'll get on the online shopping to keep me going from there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My local supermarket/newsagent is still well stocked. Islington stands strong.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    My god mate fucking ghost town. Everywhere empty.
    It usually is on a Friday to be fair.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I'm off to buy toilet roll. Hopefully.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gut feeling is this will cost Trump the presidency. Biden's nailed it.

Boris' response is interesting and I'm starting to feel it's the right way to deal with it. People are going to die and you're fucked either way. Just let it play out.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No toilet roll. I’m here too early. Deliveries are coming in overnight apparently. Shit load of staff re stocking shelves, that are decimated.

This is crazy, but I guess what a genuine global pandemic looks like. Well, the non death side of it at any rate.

Margaret Chan would be so proud.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yeah, Trump’s toast.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I just spoke to a chap working here who was sweating in a way that didn’t look like it had been brought on by the work he was doing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP.

So long, Yev.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boomers are absolutely fucked in the head.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the same down here the fried brains that listen to talk back and sky news are blaming the ABC and lefty media lol for causing panic.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 14-03-2020 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a dry persistent cough since Monday and shortness of breath and chest pains since Wednesday. I tried to get a doctor's appointment this morning as I rather miss being able to breathe freely but they of course didn't want me anywhere near the place and sent me to 111.

After about 4hrs (across 3 calls) on hold with 111 they sent me to A&E. A doctor met us outside and took me an isolation room and in the space of 30 minutes did all the standard obs, took a shitload of blood, did the Covid19 test (which is unpleasant) and a chest x-ray. Waited 2 hours for the results of the blood test to confirm I have a viral infection. Now I have to wait 3 days to find out if it's Covid19 and isolate for 7 days.

They couldn't do anything to help with the breathing though.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the covid-19 test?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit Yeldoow. Sorry to hear that dude.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bets on the first TTHer with Coronavirus are suspended.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back from my trip, with some observations:

Firstly, I got everything I wanted, bar the toilet roll. When I saw there wasn't any I wasn't going to bother with anything, but then it hit me, if I catch this cunt then I'm potentially not going to be able to leave the house for anything from 2 weeks+ without the risk of infecting others - I know the government want me to do that, but I'd rather not and even if I could guarantee I won't am I really going to want to get out if I'm feeling fucking awful. So back in I went perusing all the isles with one of the smaller trolleys. They were restocking furiously, so this meant much of what I wanted was available, albeit not some of the usual brands.

While toilet roll and eggs (no, I don't know either) were all gone, Nurofen was back on the shelves and I was also able to get some pasta, chopped tomatoes and all the tinned goods. There was one brand of pasta that was strangely still all there. Thinking it must be coeliac shit to start with, I initially dismissed it, but then the words MADE IN ITALY jumped out at me and that explained that. Picked 5 bags up (the max I could as per their polite request) and this theme repeated elsewhere. Chopped tomatoes. Pesto. Anything with made in Italy on the front is untouched.

After doing a few circuits I ended up with a trolley full of stuff that eventually amounted to just under £200, but that included toiletries, and household products. Up to this point it had been plain sailing, the place was reasonably dead and easy to navigate, bar the shop floor lads who were moving cages and unpacking them at an impressive rate. Then I got to the counter and as all the actual tills were closed I had to use a self service one, which for that much shopping was a right fucking ball ache. The technology on these things is now so outdated they make the McDonald's touch screen machines (before they patched them) look good.

I know some of you may think that much stuff is excessive, but I don't consider it stockpiling. I've just bought some non-perishable items, 2-4 week's worth, that will comfortably see me through should I catch it and be ill at home on my own. My Mum is in her mid 60s now so there will come a time in the not too distant future where I'd rather she didn't leave the house for a bit and most of my other friends and relatives round here have kids and I don't want to burden them with helping me unless I'm seriously ill. This food will be kept only to be eaten if and when I catch it and I'd suggest anyone living on their own do likewise.

Actual stockpiling may come later, depending on how it develops in other countries that are ahead of us in the spread of this fucker.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning on going climbing (indoors) tomorrow but it suddenly feels like a rather daft thing to do. This shit is going to get boring very fast. What about my gainz?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and this may have been mentioned already here and I'm just regurgitating it without realising. Apologies if so, I've absorbed more information in the last 36 hours than any time I can remember, so keeping track of what I heard where is hard.

But, if herd immunity only works if 60%+ of the herd have it, we're going to need to have over 39m infected people for that to be the case, which in turn will lead to somewhere in the region of 750,000 to 1.5m people dying, many of which in a much shorter space of time than any other country will experience. For this to stand any chance of working the government either need to have a plan that is so Machiavellian and brilliant that they've factored the inevitable early doors rebellion into it or come clean with people about the longer term impact they believe will happen if we do what every other country is doing and get buy in.

I can't see how either of those options feasibly work.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile in Prang Sam Yod, Thailand, there were mass brawls on the streets as rival gangs fought for food. Oh yeah, they are monkeys. #CoronaAffectsAll

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew the monkeys in Thailand were vicious and bold little fuckers, but that is another level.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Lewis

Warriors wont be playing in the NRL this season as New Zealand impose mandatory 14 day isolation from Australia.

And I guess Super Rugby Season is over as well.
    Details.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...95bc883b4db52f

From New Zealand PM

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/coronavi...acific-islands

Ill say it again Boris is off his head.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 14-03-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...eaths-11956870

Turns out you do get to watch Mrs Browns Boys as you go.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean fuck
    Dr Cortellaro told Italian newspaper Il Giornale: "You know what's most dramatic? Seeing patients dying alone, listening to them as they beg you to say goodbye to their children and grandchildren."

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...eaths-11956870

Turns out you do get to watch Mrs Browns Boys as you go.
    Christ, that's horrible. I thought you'd have passed out by that point and then just slip off.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I'd have thought so too.

I guess respiratory failure means just that, the rest of you is ok, your lungs just stop, but simultaneously gradually and pronounced enough for you to know it's game over.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Covid-19 test is unpleasant because they shove a swab quite far up each nostril by all accounts.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve got higher numbers of cases and literally border Italy and haven’t managed to fall apart. People are just being absolute mongs at this point. Friend of mine who lives in one of those hellish commuter towns near London took a picture where all the fresh veg was decimated. Just complete idiots left and right.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In think that’s enough of this for me. I’ve logged out of twitter and this is second worst on my list of horror glee. Catch you in the other side hopefully lads.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there actually anybody testing/monitoring in the UK?

For example, this morning I had my temperature tested when I left my apartment (and provided hand sanitizer), I drove to Maccies for breakfast and was tested again (and required to use hand sanitizer), went to the mall (provided hand sanitizer), came home and had my temp checked by security at my apartment block. I have a suspicion fuck all is happening in the UK... would that be right? @Yevrah ?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol that’s not happening in non herd immunity countries let alone the uk.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want out as well. I spent way too much time last night thinking.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Is there actually anybody testing/monitoring in the UK?

For example, this morning I had my temperature tested when I left my apartment (and provided hand sanitizer), I drove to Maccies for breakfast and was tested again (and required to use hand sanitizer), went to the mall (provided hand sanitizer), came home and had my temp checked by security at my apartment block. I have a suspicion fuck all is happening in the UK... would that be right? @Yevrah ?
    That would be right. I don't think that sort of thing is happening in any European country, though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't 'that sort of thing' largely pointless? You just take a few paracetamol, which lowers your body temperature (why they make you feel better) and then breeze past the temperature testers?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit's going to well and truly hit the fan in the US - is their health system at all geared up to helping the large swathes of the uninsured who are bound to get this? Reckon it could take out Trump, Biden and Bernie, they're all ancient.

Battyboy 2020 (2021) could be back on.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drive through swab testing has started in Toowoomba and on the Sunshine Coast.

Im at the pub sitting jn the corner in an attempt to watch the Rugby Union.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I’m going to catch this because as mentioned above, places like gyms are gong to be rife with it and I’ll be damned if I’m not going.

Did realise yesterday that this is a great time to play golf though. Fresh air, plenty of quiet and not close contact.