User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 26/6 (Championship Play-off & CL finals)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juventus.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Juventus.
    Mmm can't see him managing in Serie A.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hold on. Talk of salah being out of the world cup with a dislocated shoulder? I'm not very smart, but from what I can remember. Dislocated shoulders can be popped back in and you can continue perfectly fine in a few minutes. One of you man is a doctor I'm sure. (is it @ItalAussie?) please confirm a diagnostics.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Hold on. Talk of salah being out of the world cup with a dislocated shoulder? I'm not very smart, but from what I can remember. Dislocated shoulders can be popped back in and you can continue perfectly fine in a few minutes. One of you man is a doctor I'm sure. (is it @ItalAussie?) please confirm a diagnostics.
    I’ve never dislocated my shoulder, but I’ve dislocated my knee more times than I care to remember. Even in the event I’m lucky enough that it goes back in on its own, it’s atleast a couple of weeks before I can comfortably walk on it, never mind run around. It’s swollen, agony to move and stiff as fuck (OI OI) for the first 5 days or so. It’s bloody difficult to dislocate something without damaging ligaments or tendons in the process as well.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your fucking sons deserve die of cancer, you motherfucker
    I'm a twit

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Loving that seethe.
    You need a dictionary.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

your fucking sons deserve die of cancer, you motherfucker
    Why a tram?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly deflated after that match last night. After the Salah ASSAULT the match was lost for Liverpool.

Real's experience and slyness out did us. Not to mention a worldie and a meltdown.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was very sly of them to be a much better team.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sergio Ramos the greatest ever captain.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter and Facebook are outstanding reading. People calling Ramos scum and then saying someonenshould have broken his legs in the same breath. Never change, you entertaining crackpot bastards.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times was Ramos ‘fouled’ last night? Not sure how officials still fall for his thing. He is such a twat.

Anyway, disappointing. Firmino didn’t really turn up and we didn’t make the most of our good start. Would have liked to see Can on earlier for a bit of drive in midfield as Wijnaldum wasn’t really adding anything. Lallana is clearly a spent force, but hopefully a summer off will help him. Alexander-Arnold and Robertson were both superb.

I find it hard to put into words how ordinary Real Madrid are. This obviously sounds stupid after winning last night for the 4th time in 5 years, but others here have said similar. Liverpool defended pretty much perfectly last night, undone by a one-in-a-million strike and two pathetic errors. Only once we had to really chase the game towards the end did they begin to look dangerous.

Lol at the pitch invader at the end preventing Ronaldo from scoring and getting his shirt off. Small victories.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amusing to see Liverpool fans as graceless and frothing at the gums with conspiracy theories as usual. The Ramos challenge on Salah was an accident.

My theory is that Klopp's style of management leads to teams not being able to mentally cope when they truly hit a big pressure moment, hence why his teams have bottled it so much in finals. They get so overwrought with The Occasion and Passion that when they come up against a team full of cynical pros they get turned over.

Real won because they handled the pressure and had a (much) better squad.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Amusing to see Liverpool fans as graceless and frothing at the gums with conspiracy theories as usual. The Ramos challenge on Salah was an accident.

My theory is that Klopp's style of management leads to teams not being able to mentally cope when they truly hit a big pressure moment, hence why his teams have bottled it so much in finals. They get so overwrought with The Occasion and Passion that when they come up against a team full of cynical pros they get turned over.

Real won because they handled the pressure and had a (much) better squad.
    Obviously Ramos didn’t mean to dislocate Salah’s shoulder, but he definitely knew what he was doing. Ramos has shown time and time again that he has no problem potentially hurting somebody - remember him kicking Messi at the end of the 5-0?

Apart from the Europa final against Sevilla -(although it was Sevilla after all) it’s always been defeats to mega clubs who are far better equipped than Klopp’s teams. I’m not worried about his record in finals. I don’t think anyone else would get us anywhere near as far as Klopp did.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    We were debating the Zidane/Bale thing where I was watching it, as soon as he scored it. I was the only person in the room who thought Zidane's was better, but it was.
    That same debate was had where I was and I was also the lone voice of sense. Bale's goal was terrific, but that Zidane strike was just ridiculous. You can imagine some physical beast of limited ability fluking something like Bale's, but Zidane's was pure technique of a level very few players could even imagine producing.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp’s a bigger chancer than ‘Pep’.
    Last edited by Waffdon; 27-05-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane is exactly the sort of manager Real Madrid need: a massive name that has the gravitas to keep the players in check, but also big enough (unlike, say, Mourinho) to rise above the basket case politics. They should keep him forever.

When I was in Spain in January he seemed to be right on the point of being fired, but the PSG win turned it all around.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could just headbutt the boardroom into submission. There's a key difference to last night's sides: Salah went off and they had no real talisman to fall back on. Meanwhile, Madrid had Bale on the bench and Ronaldo was seething all night when nobody passed to him. It's a team that's been largely the same for three years, too. Liverpool are always looking to replace someone big (Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling, etc.) and they all seem a little disjointed. Although I think Lovren and Van Dijk look like a unit, the rest of the squad lacks cohesion.

It's a shame. What Liverpool were doing in the first half was a proper team job. Pressing together and really upsetting Real. Salah wasn't running the show.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niko should have blogged his 'Binman in a Blazer' theory and founded a business school off it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to see if the council have any jobs going. I want to be PSG coach within two years. Or at least Toon boss.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've watched too much Die Hard.

Zidane will probably fail elsewhere other than another great team - maybe Juve or the National teams he'd be fine. When he has to replace some of those guys will be the test, can he actually build a team (or want to).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have known. Players miss games because of dead legs, thinking about it. Moat of them are made of glass.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a moat made of glass.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well last night was disappointing. It was going alright until Salah went off. They looked out of ideas after that really.

A few chickens came home to roost. Klopps trust in Karius backfired big time, but I am absolutely certain he'll still start him come August. He doesn't seem the type to hang his guys out to dry. That and Mignolet must have killed his dog or something.
    Having the same player 3 times over in midfield only gets you so far as well. The selling to buy policy also came up. Madrid could bring one of the best players in the world on off the bench, whilst we got a couple of half fit guys who have barely played in 2018. And it was them or Dom Solanke.

That and it was one of those games where it all went wrong.

We could use a summer of big spending, but no selling. I can't wait for the Salah sale stories to start.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salah’s going nowhere til he lifts the PL trophy in a red shirt.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be some statement if Cardiff could pull that off.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have known. Players miss games because of dead legs, thinking about it. Moat of them are made of glass.
    Lol. A dislocated shoulder is a serious injury. He's not just poncing about.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was around a room full of Liverpool fans. I was being harsh on salah at the time. I blamed it all on fasting and his bones being weak because he isn't eating.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Hard to see with the glare off the tinfoil hats.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure that challenge by Ramos had a direct impact on his decision to basically chuck the ball into his own net.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use slow motion you can just about see Ramos slipping Karius a bunch of notes in that challenge.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Watch his head. Back and to the left.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That same debate was had where I was and I was also the lone voice of sense. Bale's goal was terrific, but that Zidane strike was just ridiculous. You can imagine some physical beast of limited ability fluking something like Bale's, but Zidane's was pure technique of a level very few players could even imagine producing.
    Total nonsense. Zidane had all the time and space he wanted with his goal. The quick thinking and agility of Bale's contributes to his being the better goal.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was around a room full of Liverpool fans. I was being harsh on salah at the time. I blamed it all on fasting and his bones being weak because he isn't eating.
    Good one.

Despite last night, I'd much rather support a Liverpool managed by Klopp, than watch the boring shite Man Utd produce under Mourinho.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Watch his head. Back and to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Total nonsense. Zidane had all the time and space he wanted with his goal. The quick thinking and agility of Bale's contributes to his being the better goal.
    Bale’s goal was better based on the limited time he had.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was funny when the Liverpool goalkeeper was crying around the field, I didn't see any Liverpool players with him. I must have missed it but i imagine Klopp consulted him on the field.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night really was glorious. I was pissed as a fart and couldn't stop laughing every time I watched the 1st and 3rd goals back.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I felt Bale's was better but it had just happened. On reflection I give the edge to Zidane. The concentration waiting for it to drop, the placement and how he hit it was just perfect.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Last night I felt Bale's was better but it had just happened. On reflection I give the edge to Zidane. The concentration waiting for it to drop, the placement and how he hit it was just perfect.
    You can say the same about the goal from Bale. Zidane had to think long and hard about what he wanted to do. Bale had to think fast and quick which is why I give him the edge.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He only thing that gives Zidanes the edge for me is that a good goalkeeper would probably have saved Bales.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Zidane having time to weigh it up a mark against it? Especially when the ball was coming straight out of the sky, meaning all of the power and placement was from him.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Loving that seethe.
    Not sure how it's a seethe? For what it's worth I think Madrid win,even without two goals being thrown in the back of the net they were clearly the better team. We played ok for half hour with Salah but they always looked comfortable to me.

As for Ramos he obviously doesn't know he's going to injure him, but it's a cynical challenge and I think anyone can see that. Not even sure the ref gave a foul did he?
    Last edited by Luke Emia; 27-05-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won the ball clearly in the tackle. He just decided to put salah in a sneaky crippler crossface on the way down

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf Salah is just as much up for hooking arms as Ramos but nope Ramos is basically Anderson Silva or some other mental shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karius is broken.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About five minutes in last night, Lovren went straight through the back of Ronaldo. It's a defender roughing up a forward.

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a Liverpool conspiracy.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramos is the first player ever to foul or injure someone by the looks of things today.