User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2018

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my prediction about getting bummed senseless in the Premier League isn't far off so far. Here's my start to the season:

2 wins in the last 2 games have taken me out of the drop zone though, but I suspect it won't be the last time I'm in danger.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of one goal losses though. You're not getting demolished often (scorewise at least).

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. I was also 2-0 up against Brentford and Brighton and 3-1 up against City before crumbling in the second half. If I can hang on for this season I reckon I'll be well away next year.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Wes GONE.

I bought him for Olimpia for just £26k and then took him to Croatia for £1.9m.

116 league goals in 139 games with 70 assists. I'm going to miss the bastard.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City have just signed Firmino for £158m on mine. Game is fucked.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50% of Wes’ next sale could be obscene.

Unless he gets FOUND OUT and you end up buying him back for under £10m, aged 28. Win/win, really.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping it's obscene, I rejected slightly more from Dortmund as they would only offer 20% of the profit.

Transfers out:

In:

Only £350k.

£35m which is a bit hefty but I felt that I needed an MC.

Future transfers:

I don't really need him as I have a keeper to replace Nieto but I quite like him and he was only £5.5m.

I've been after him for a good 2 years now but he was always priced way too high so when Alex was gone I felt that I'd grab him. £38m but I think he's going to be great. I'd have loved to bring him in now but sadly he's already played for his parent club (Milan) and Sassuolo so it made sense to leave him there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how they have botched the player stuff so massively for so many years in a row. My goalkeeper wants to move to City (lower reputation), in order to win trophies. I guess the fact that they have won nothing (not even a League cup) in the last 6 years and the last time they even came close to winning something was more than 3 years ago doesn't bother him. We've won 5 leagues in the meantime.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 22-03-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My third choice keeper in level 8 of the football league pyramid rejected a contract offer from notts county.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Can someone explain the scout meeting stuff?

Do I need to hit acknowledge on all these things or can I press clear all? What is the difference between a scout and an analyst report (I have player attribute masking turned off)?

If I hand it over to AI, what are the potential negatives if, in a normal game, I never do anything that isn't hit 'Get Scout Report' from the player search/bio screen.

2) How do I find people that want to be youth coaches in this version. I can't find the option for 'unrealistic' anywhere.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I filter them to only show 70+ in rating, and sort by highest first, plus set it to every month, or until 100 reports. Then just spam acknowledge, go into search > scouted players, bring up scout reports on the view and sort.

If you want Youth coaches, sort by working with youngsters, then change view to contract and any that are under 18/19/20 coaches (and a few who are out of contract) will normally sign for ya youth teams unless your club is shite. I've found actual training stats mean less compared to the working with youngsters stat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've failed to win for the first time this season, not in the league though but in the Champions League.

We were on a 43 games (combined) winning streak with our last non-win (also a loss) being in the Europa League final.

Felt a bit strange winning all games until the 8th of April.

Still on a 60 game winning streak/110 without losing in the league though.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I somehow managed to stay up, despite only hitting 35 points:

I'm fortunate that we had a great run of form around Christmas, because everything post February was absolutely horrendous.

1 win in the last 13, and that was against Swansea who finished bottom of the league. I need to replace about 8 of the first team this summer.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The board have also announced further plans to expand the stadium! WOO! Another season at Old Trafford awaits! Oh, hold on...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's it going in terms of finances now that you got the hefty bonus money (and gate receipts) and whatnot? From experience, your reputation will still be sub-par (like mid-Championship level if I had to guess) but it should be enough to help you consolidate the club as a Premier League club.

@Sir Andy Mahowry: Are you not bored of the dominance? Or is it a "here until we win a Champions League" case?
    Last edited by Adramelch; 23-03-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Financially I'm absolutely fine now. I ended the season with about £40million in the bank, then got a £9million prize for my league position. Wages are still fairly low, but with the massive overhaul of the squad I'm planning, I suspect that they'll more than double - a lot of my first team are still on League 1/Championship wages.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    How's it going in terms of finances now that you got the hefty bonus money (and gate receipts) and whatnot? From experience, your reputation will still be sub-par (like mid-Championship level if I had to guess) but it should be enough to help you consolidate the club as a Premier League club.

@Sir Andy Mahowry: Are you not bored of the dominance? Or is it a "here until we win a Champions League" case?
    I am but at the same time I' not sure what to do.

I'm not leaving until the Champions League has been won at the very least but at the same time I really like the players I have so much. I don't want to destroy it all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bring on a defender in the 78th minute for one who is on a yellow.

The substitute then goes and gets a yellow in the 83rd minute before picking up his second in the 93rd.

What in the actual fuck? They're on easy tackling but sometimes my players make Joey Barton look like a saint.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I am but at the same time I' not sure what to do.

I'm not leaving until the Champions League has been won at the very least but at the same time I really like the players I have so much. I don't want to destroy it all.
    You've reached the point where you have to start giving yourself increasingly strict artificial restrictions to continue experiencing a challenge.

First off, no more South or Central Americans. And so on, and so on until you end up with John's "youth team newgens only" save.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Setting up the new laptop tonight. What packs do I need to download? I can’t remember. Player packs and team names are a given but I can’t remember where I got them from or if there were any others.

Oh, and extended leagues. Any links?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a corner where the ball was played to my AMC outside the area, he passed it back to my left back behind the center, who then passed it to the goalkeeper. 4 passes later and we scored a goal. How about that for a corner routine?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Setting up the new laptop tonight. What packs do I need to download? I can’t remember. Player packs and team names are a given but I can’t remember where I got them from or if there were any others.

Everything is on sortitoutsi for the name fixes and player pics/team badges.

If you use the team name fix your steam leaderboards won’t work, in case you’re bothered.

As for the additional leagues, check the editors bit on the sigames forum or check out the steam workshop. Again, using these will affect your leaderboards.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been shopping ready for a stab at Championship football:

More to come though.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post

Sortitout SI had anything I needed (name fixes, kits, crests).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers geezers

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't touched it. There's zero inclination to do so either. I tried the mobile version but it's shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinamo 2025/26 review:

League:

There's absolutely no challenge domestically, this is the first time I've ever won all my games in a league season and we did it easily. We've now gone 117 games without losing and we're on a 67 game winning streak.

Domestic cup:

Champions League:

Feared we'd fucked the final when they scored but Makarun went into beast mode. All wins with just 1 loss and 1 draw in the entire season is just stupid though.

Team stats:

Awards:

And here's the squad:

Toggle Spoiler

Still no idea what I should do, I want to stay but it's far too easy and thus boring. I'm too attached to the team though :\

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get unattached, it’s just a game. Move elsewhere. You’ve nothing left to do at Dinamo.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it on a rainy night in Stoke.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Dutch.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    523 ruins the game 'how, break the shackles from it. Trust me, I used it for a few saves too, after the first season the game just becomes a click simulator.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why they can't fix the 3 striker systems. They've been broken for the majority of the editions for the past twenty years.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    523 ruins the game 'how, break the shackles from it. Trust me, I used it for a few saves too, after the first season the game just becomes a click simulator.
    That's a point.

I was going to stay another season anyway (and then move on) and I might use that now to craft my own tactic which will hopefully make that season more enjoyable. I'm thinking a 4-3-1-2 or a narrow 4-1-2-1-2.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I don't know why they can't fix the 3 striker systems. They've been broken for the majority of the editions for the past twenty years.
    Because we have to have new, not needed guff.

As I've always said they need a new engine but fucked if they'll bother when they're the only relevant game on the market in this genre.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've OVERHAULED THE ENTIRE SCOUTING SYSTEM though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So so moist

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never understood the point of downloading and using someone else's tactic.

Making one is a core piece of the game.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snap. I’ve never downloaded one or even looked up how to make a game breaker. I’m aware of the three striker thing because of on here. My tactic has one striker as it’s what I like.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copying tactics that work well for others is part of football, no?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post

Yep. I also avoid.

That said, there is still plenty to be done with transfers, team talks, player selection etc.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often use a downloaded tactic that I tweak to my preferred style. Game breakers though - not for me. I had to restart a game a while back because my team (can’t remember if it was the Derby or the Southend save) were winning everything with ease. We beat Man City 7-0 or something in the FA Cup whilst we were in the Championship. Pointless. No challenge at all.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 25-03-2018 at 09:07 AM.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no interest in tactics, just the transfer side so if there weren't any to download then there wouldn't be any point in playing it for me. As it is, they're doing their best to ruin the recruitment side of things.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of reverting to a 5-2-3 during my defending woes at Bremen but decided to stick to my 4-2-3-1 (a formation I have been using for like the last 10-15 versions or something).

Anyway my first full season at Bayern is over and it was a successful one:

It was easier than the final table implies, but we sort of switched off towards the end. Dortmund were the main challengers for the most part, but they had a horrible ending to the season (17 points from 11 games) so they didn't even manage to finish 2nd in the end.

That one was very easy away. Only challenging game was against Dortmund, and even that one was because of our profligacy in front of goal.

Onto the more important things, we had a relatively successful showing in the Champions League. Despite the generally harder draws (finishing 1st in the group stage and getting Monaco for example), we made it all the way to the semis, and it felt like we were robbed. United were better at their place and deserved to win, but we demolished them at our place, but yet again, our wastefulness in front of the goal meant we went out on aggregate. Still, it's been 12 years (!) since Bayern made it to the semis, so I'm still pleased with our performance.

The squad stats:

A very balanced squad all things considered, however we are missing depth in the defence, so that will be my priority this summer. All the people that I signed (Uyrange, Gauthier, Illa and Kitic) did very well, especially considering that the last two only cost us a combined 22 million euros. The first 2, however, were our marquee signings (which is one of the philosophies the board imposed on me), costing 70 and 105 million respectively (not everything up front of course). We did sell 170 million worth of players though so in the end it mostly evened out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swansea seem to have some insane youth in their team. There's this kid Daniel James you starts the game in your senior squad but looks crap. I've played in in a couple of Europa League matches and the Cups and he's got 5 goals in 3 games. There seems to be some other wunderkind up front as well so the plan is to punt Bony out the door and bring him through instead.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daniel James is at Colchester in League One in my game.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new Physio has given up his career as a bad David Brent look-a-like to sign for me.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed this fella for level 8 Rugby Town:

Alrighty

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An inability to leap off the ground. Have you signed Steven Seagal?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post

For me I made them in every version from CM2 through to FM13. I just play it as a plug and play thing these days, cannot be arsed tweaking constantly and getting it just right so I head to FMBase.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it up to 11 or 12 I think and then I just couldn't be arsed anymore.